Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I've streamed plenty in other gigs before, but this will be my first F13 stream. I am excited, and also a little nervous. Definitely a bit out of practice in it, so this could be an amazing trainwreck for viewers (and my career).

Let's all watch in grim fascination, shall we?

Please don't go into the stream expecting more than seeing the new engine in action, as well as a bit more of Challenges than the first look showed.

When and where do i watch? N/M

Edited by F134Ever86
Search function

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'd agree. I'd even go as far to say that a Dev who openly admits he doesn't regularly play the game he's helping to create says a whole lot about the game, the developers and what backers/players/fans should expect in the future.

I read his statement as him being out of practice streaming, not necessarily playing this game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'd agree. I'd even go as far to say that a Dev who openly admits he doesn't regularly play the game he's helping to create says a whole lot about the game, the developers and what backers/players/fans should expect in the future.

He's a Community Lead, not a QA Tester. He spends his time where it needs to be spent. The fact that they are taking time out of their busy schedules to have a Dev Stream shows that they care. I think that's an encouraging sign going forward, don't you?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I read his statement as him being out of practice streaming, not necessarily playing this game.

Why would being out of practice streaming be a "trainwreck" on his career??

35 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I've streamed plenty in other gigs before, but this will be my first F13 stream. I am excited, and also a little nervous. Definitely a bit out of practice in it, so this could be an amazing trainwreck for viewers (and my career).

Please don't go into the stream expecting more than seeing the new engine in action, as well as a bit more of Challenges than the first look showed.

Good to know, expectations checked and stowed in the over head compartment, will there be an in flight movie? Not a serious question, but I whiffed on a punchline, will weapon swapping be shown off during the challenge? This is my real question, it would have made no sense attached to the airplane joke. 😀

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Why would being out of practice streaming be a "trainwreck" on his career??

It's the internet. If you make a mistake it lives forever. Who wants to end up in a Twitch fails compilation video on YouTube. I think that's what he meant. I'm sure everything will go just fine though.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yeah this is just a thread to voice my personal speculation. We see you guys at GunMedia/IllFonic are ramping up things and we are very excited for the update! I work the graveyard shift and dispite the fact I am usually asleep at 03:00 central (04:00 eastern) I will be waking up early to watch the stream and ask a few questions. Thanks for your response to my thread. 

Six

15 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

This is true. I've been playing a bunch of Challenges, but I'm still going to mess something up... 

That part about it ruining my career was a joke.

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

This is true. I've been playing a bunch of Challenges, but I'm still going to mess something up... 

Yeah, I figured as much, as did pretty much everyone I believe.  Just a bit of light-hearted self-deprecation...unfortunately light-heartedness is lost on some of our forum members.

Will the video be available after the stream for those of us who will not be able to watch live?  I would love to be able to see this.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:50 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

He showed off a pool table, which map has a pool table?

seriously how have I missed a pool table? Is this a new asset from single player challenges? 

Honestly the pool table in question is like that in the current build so I wonder if it's really the new engine's issue.

4 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Im going on record that six called it.

We will see. My initial thoughts were that today would be the announcement and next Thursday implementation. 

Yeah were mid way thur the initial timeframe given and still have no solid answers, just cryptic messages. What I read today to me has June written all over it.  

On 5/9/2018 at 10:50 AM, ShiftySamurai said:

Was it though?? Was it? Are you still employed there?:D

All kidding aside, fun stream!

Also, if you are now looking for another job, best of luck! 😝

23 hours ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Yeah were mid way thur the initial timeframe given and still have no solid answers, just cryptic messages. What I read today to me has June written all over it.  

I think they are running it through certification and can't give us a date because they don't have one left.