30 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Its in the main house on the Pinehurst map.

It's not an objective so...I guess I just didn't ever stop to look at it. Still weird that I can't remember it after seeing the video. Now I'm gonna get killed a bunch because I'll be looking at everything, lol. Thank for the answer, man.

I’m normally a very patient person but I have my limits if the update is not in May or early June I’m gonna start to complain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

I’m normally a very patient person but I have my limits if the update is not in May or early June I’m gonna start to complain.

I think everyone has the right to complain constructively when it comes to this game because of "The Crystal Lake Blood Curse" fucking everything up all the time. But I would rather get a solid update a month from now then get one an hour from now with shrinking furniture.

So Wes and Shifty are streaming some game play of the spc Thursday. My theory is that having them both means an update release date.

DISCLAIMER: THE ABOVE IS PURE SPECULATION AND I HAVE NO INFORMATION CONFIRMING THIS.

59 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I think everyone has the right to complain constructively when it comes to this game because of "The Crystal Lake Blood Curse" fucking everything up all the time. But I would rather get a solid update a month from now then get one an hour from now with shrinking furniture.

If the shrinking furniture is the result of Shrooms being added to the game, I could be ok with it. That game mode would be hard. 

Don't do drugs kids, that way there're more for me. 😵

I really am kinda shocked that Pot didn't make it in, considering all the drugs in Farcry.

8 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

So Wes and Shifty are streaming some game play of the spc Thursday. My theory is that having them both means an update release date.

My guess is they were just available to do it. Has Shifty even streamed before? I never watch them...

I think that regardless of who was streaming, the rumors would be flying as they are now. I feel like we all overthink the things they do because they don't tell us much.

@Truth I don't know if Shifty has streamed before or not. The combination or Wes and their community manager is why I think it's bigger than just a demo. All of it is of course just my theory. I started adding my disclaimer message to try and avoid people thinking it's in anyway confirmed.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

My guess is they were just available to do it. Has Shifty even streamed before? I never watch them...

I think that regardless of who was streaming, the rumors would be flying as they are now. I feel like we all overthink the things they do because they don't tell us much.

We do overthink things to be sure. But a developer and a publisher getting together to show off the project says alot without saying anything. 

Wes has stated he is on the stream to just answer questions while Shifty runs through the challenges which makes sense. You are just setting yourself up for more disappointment by overthinking and creating your own scenarios. I don't think the update will make it by the anniversary. I unfortunately missed Wes's stream Saturday but have read that he stated they still need to fix some issues which tells me they are not in cert yet. Who knows though they may actually surprise me this time but I've resigned to the idea it won't make it by end of month.

I am glad they are giving us glimpses of the update though.

I'm thinking June. They seem to be still looking for bugs at this stage so maybe early June. If it's July I'll probably die lmao.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Truth I don't know if Shifty has streamed before or not. The combination or Wes and their community manager is why I think it's bigger than just a demo. All of it is of course just my theory. I started adding my disclaimer message to try and avoid people thinking it's in anyway confirmed.

I think Shifty is just trying out their sweet new streaming set-up. Gun dumped quite a bit into making a nice streaming/game room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, undrtkr said:

Wes has stated he is on the stream to just answer questions while Shifty runs through the challenges which makes sense. You are just setting yourself up for more disappointment by overthinking and creating your own scenarios. I don't think the update will make it by the anniversary. I unfortunately missed Wes's stream Saturday but have read that he stated they still need to fix some issues which tells me they are not in cert yet. Who knows though they may actually surprise me this time but I've resigned to the idea it won't make it by end of month.

I am glad they are giving us glimpses of the update though.

It's just some fun banter relax.

Looking forward to seeing the second challenge, hopefully this doesn't count as our announcement.

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It's not an objective so...I guess I just didn't ever stop to look at it. Still weird that I can't remember it after seeing the video. Now I'm gonna get killed a bunch because I'll be looking at everything, lol. Thank for the answer, man.

Its been a while since I saw the movie, but I think it was in there as well. I laughed when I saw the mini pool table the first time. I am always looking for things that other people missed in a match... You would be surprised how often I find thing that the speed looters missed. I have great respect for the level of detail they have put into the game's environment... I think Pinehurst has the highest level of detail... a very well done map. Its too bad so many people seem to not want to play it.

• Like 1

@Ahab I agree it's really a beautifully done map. I think it doesn't get played as much because it's just so big, which makes it hard to get much done unless you have a coordinated team. It especially sucks if nobody is talking at all or if you're someone who likes to play as a lone wolf.

12 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab I agree it's really a beautifully done map. I think it doesn't get played as much because it's just so big, which makes it hard to get much done unless you have a coordinated team. It especially sucks if nobody is talking at all or if you're someone who likes to play as a lone wolf.

Pinehurst isn't that bad... I have lone wolfed it many times and escaped, usually on the boat. It is true that a coordinated team has a much better chance.... on any map. Most people like to play small maps, I am personally sick of seeing small maps. It is rare that I even die on a small map... which is hardly a challenge, unless you are playing Jason. But on a small map, Jason stands little chance against a coordinated team... which can get both cars moving before he gets his first shift. I actually saw this happen for the first time on a large map last night... it was on Higgins. If the cars are full, this leaves one person left to call Tommy so Jason has even a chance of getting more than one kill.

@Ahab It definitely can be done. Usually my best chance with Pinehurst is calling the cops. I've been having alot of luck lately finding the fuse and a knife. I know what you mean about the small maps being rough on Jason. My friend last night had everything get done on him. Crystal Lake Small, I put gas in the 4 seater, repaired the entire 2 seater, and got out by the cops. He went 3-8.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab It definitely can be done. Usually my best chance with Pinehurst is calling the cops. I've been having alot of luck lately finding the fuse and a knife. I know what you mean about the small maps being rough on Jason. My friend last night had everything get done on him. Crystal Lake Small, I put gas in the 4 seater, repaired the entire 2 seater, and got out by the cops. He went 3-8.

I have seen it happen from both sides of play many times on small maps, but last night was the first time I saw it happen on a large map... I found gas and keys and noticed someone else had dropped a battery by the car nearest to me. With Jason distracted by two people in the main house, I got the car going... one of the two managed to get in the car and as I pulled up to the main road the other car drove by. The other person in the main house was killed. After both cars were gone only two counselors remained, one was Tommy who just spawned from the first counselor killed just as the second car left. They got the cops called, but both died before they could escape.
   This is just the result of good teamwork... objective control is limited by how quickly Jason can get to the objectives and how many traps he has.... and to catch cars, Jason needs shift at the very least... unless he or she is very lucky. If more people used their pocket knives on Jason's traps... objective control becomes even more difficult. Jason is pretty good right now, but with 7 against 1 it can be hard to get more than a couple of kills against a good team... Jason players just have to work harder for it... but if a car is moving before he has his first shift active, they are getting away... many times with a carload of counselors, unless the driver is Chad, or the driver crashes.
   This is why I don't understand the threads asking for counselor buffs and Jason nerfs. Even quick play has many groups of friends that can work together in this manner, I see it more and more often, mostly thanks to small maps. While this is possible, the counselors certainly need no more buffs.... people just need to work together... and after the match last night that I described... I now know this is likely to happen more often in the future... at least against groups of friends in quick play.
    I think the reason this doesn't happen more often right now is that all of the speed looters miss the parts more often then they see them... I often find parts in cabins that were searched by people (even friends that I know are very good players) claiming them to be empty.

This is way off the topic of this thread though... so I will add a speculation for when the update will be out.... I will be optimistic and say May 18... Maybe we will get some news in the upcoming stream on May 10th... which is this Thursday... I don't know what to speculate when thinking of the Thursday update teasers. I am hoping for a release date to be announced... but I am not holding my breath.

15 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This is way off the topic of this thread though... so I will add a speculation for when the update will be out.... I will be optimistic and say May 18... Maybe we will get some news in the upcoming stream on May 10th... which is this Thursday... I don't know what to speculate when thinking of the Thursday update teasers. I am hoping for a release date to be announced... but I am not holding my breath.

I hope this is true...

there's lots more to read in the other thread, your falling behind in your excellent review.

33 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I hope this is true...

there's lots more to read in the other thread, your falling behind in your excellent review.

Sorry, been a busy week... with very little sleep. Insomnia sucks... I keep meaning to get back to that one, I will try later or tomorrow.

I've streamed plenty in other gigs before, but this will be my first F13 stream. I am excited, and also a little nervous. Definitely a bit out of practice in it, so this could be an amazing trainwreck for viewers (and my career).

Let's all watch in grim fascination, shall we?

Please don't go into the stream expecting more than seeing the new engine in action, as well as a bit more of Challenges than the first look showed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Definitely a bit out of practice in it, so this could be an amazing trainwreck for viewers (and my career).

I'd agree. I'd even go as far to say that a Dev who openly admits he doesn't regularly play the game he's helping to create says a whole lot about the game, the developers and what backers/players/fans should expect in the future.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I've streamed plenty in other gigs before, but this will be my first F13 stream. I am excited, and also a little nervous. Definitely a bit out of practice in it, so this could be an amazing trainwreck for viewers (and my career).

Let's all watch in grim fascination, shall we?

Please don't go into the stream expecting more than seeing the new engine in action, as well as a bit more of Challenges than the first look showed.

Will you have a post of the video on the forum for those of us who won't be able to watch it live?  I'll be at football practice!