AdmiralJT

Who would win in a fight?

11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

He’s not afraid, he’s not fighting back with household items and farm equipment... I agree with @Risinggrave.

That's one of the best movie themes ever, for me it ranks up there with the themes from Superman, or Conan the Barbarian.

• Like 1

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

That's one of the best movie themes ever, for me it ranks up there with the themes from Superman, or Conan the Barbarian.

Agreed.

50 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Nothing is better than the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. Prepare to be crushed and driven before me, and may your women lament. 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

He’s not afraid, he’s not fighting back with household items and farm equipment... I agree with @Risinggrave.

*Fist bump*

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

KM was a reprogrammed sexbot, she wasn't built for combat.

and the tin man wasnt built to battle unstoppable killing machines. Even if robocop did kill jason, he would just be resurrected over and over. You would have to destroy the whole planet to get rid of jason. Murphy would run out of batteries or babyfood or whatever the hell fuels him.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

and the tin man wasnt built to battle unstoppable killing machines. Even if robocop did kill jason, he would just be resurrected over and over. You would have to destroy the whole planet to get rid of jason. Murphy would run out of batteries or babyfood or whatever the hell fuels him.

But RoboCop would have won the fight, same as Tommy Jarvis, and all the final girls won the fight.

If robo wins the way a final girl wins, the he somehow managed to escape jason not truly defeat him. Nope. Jason would literaly crush mr murphy... NEXT!

Chris didn't escape, she hung his ass and waited for the cops to show up.

Hung his ass she did... but defeat... I think not. Not to mention chris higgins was a full blown cat lady by the end of the film.

I think it's quite simple. Standard Jason can't stand up to Robocop's firepower and whether or not Jason is strong enough to pierce Robocop's armor is up for debate. Jason's stabbed through metal with his machete several times and has shown several feats of superhuman strength (see this video at 2:40, that door looks a lot thicker than Robocop's plate armor). Physically he's certainly no pushover and up close, Robocop might have a bit of a tough time. He's incredibly slow and clunky.

The thing is that Jason doesn't die. Movie characters have had victories over him but nobody's slain him I don't think because he still lives. If Robocop can't kill him then how can he win? Immortality is a difficult thing to trump and I bet Jason would certainly live longer than Robocop would.

So in summary, Robocop has no problem destroying Jason's physical form but he can't keep him down, same as nobody else ever could. Therefore, Jason wins due to immortality. If Robocop can't kill Jason, then Jason will outlive Robocop. Uber Jason is a bit of a different story and would certainly give Robocop a run for his money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you kodiak! Something tells me this thread was created after an especially salty round of F13 the game. Also if jason can pierce a cryogenic chamber im sure he can pierce robo

What good is immortality if your head is in one corner, your arms and legs are in another corner, and your torso got thrown out the window? He's not gonna be able to put himself back together like Humpty Dumpty.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

What good is immortality if your head is in one corner, your arms and legs are in another corner, and your torso got thrown out the window? He's not gonna be able to put himself back together like Humpty Dumpty.

Wrong. Watch jason goes to hell. Also what good is super armor when youre forced to eat your own gun. Robocop approaches Jason - "dead or alive, youre coming with me." points gun at jason. Jason tilts his head before forcing refrigerator man to blow his own head off. End.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Wrong. Watch jason goes to hell.

JGTH isn't canon, it's what a film director thought would be canon if deadites were involved in the franchise. Also, if Jason could really possess people when defeated, he would've done so several times after he was "killed" by being chained to the lake. Furthermore, if JGTH was somehow canon, then Jason X could be considered canon as well. And the problem with that is scientists were able to deep-freeze Jason since his immortality didn't do him any good against cyro-freeze temperatures; this happened to also save Ronan's life as well.

On that note, immortality isn't really useful against beings with superior firepower. Once Robocop realized Jason could regenerate, he would be smart enough to figure out how to momentarily trap him so that Jason cannot revive himself, and even if Jason could revive himself it wouldn't work if he's technically not dead, just incapacitated. Robocop also certainly has the technology at hand to stop Jason momentarily, long enough that scientists would be able to figure out how to stop Jason (hint: cyrofreeze). And the fact there were whiny teenagers able to momentarily defeat him proves he can be stopped, chained up, and dropped into the deepest parts of the Earth where he would never escape.

You could outlive the competition, but if you end up being put into an area where you cannot do any harm, then what good is that power? Jason X would've been trapped on a deserted planet had a bunch of dumbass teenagers as well as a money-strapped professor not taken him along for the ride.

In order for this to become a fair fight, it would have to be Uber Jason vs Robocop, at which point it's a classic case of an unmovable object vs superior firepower. And even then, it would be a close match.

Edit: Here's another point to think about if non-canon series like JGTH as well as Jason X were being considered. Jason once found his Uber self in a comic series, and in that one Jason lost to Uber Jason because his regeneration simply couldn't last against a being who was extremely durable. Uber Jason would be a great matchup against Robocop because the two would share many qualities (bionic strength, heightened durability, etc.). So if Jason couldn't beat Uber Jason, yet Uber Jason would struggle against Robocop, then how could regular Jason even hope to defeat Robocop?

Edited by Trident77
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Hung his ass she did... but defeat... I think not. Not to mention chris higgins was a full blown cat lady by the end of the film.

Just because Jason woke up later doesn't mean he was not defeated.

She knocked him out and rode away. Regardless of her mentel stat, Jason lost.

41 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

The thing is that Jason doesn't die. Movie characters have had victories over him but nobody's slain him 

Tommy did.

Also we're talking one fight here. Even if Jason gets struck by lightning, turns into a demon fetus, brought back by Freddy, or turned into a Cyborg. Why would he fight Murphy again? Wouldn't he just go home and get back to work like he always does?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

JGTH isn't canon, it's what a film director thought would be canon if deadites were involved in the franchise. Also, if Jason could really possess people when defeated, he would've done so several times after he was "killed" by being chained to the lake. Furthermore, if JGTH was somehow canon, then Jason X could be considered canon as well. And the problem with that is scientists were able to deep-freeze Jason since his immortality didn't do him any good against cyro-freeze temperatures; this happened to also save Ronan's life as well.

On that note, immortality isn't really useful against beings with superior firepower. Once Robocop realized Jason could regenerate, he would be smart enough to figure out how to momentarily trap him so that Jason cannot revive himself, and even if Jason could revive himself it wouldn't work if he's technically not dead, just incapacitated. Robocop also certainly has the technology at hand to stop Jason momentarily, long enough that scientists would be able to figure out how to stop Jason (hint: cyrofreeze). And the fact there were whiny teenagers able to momentarily defeat him proves he can be stopped, chained up, and dropped into the deepest parts of the Earth where he would never escape.

You could outlive the competition, but if you end up being put into an area where you cannot do any harm, then what good is that power? Jason X would've been trapped on a deserted planet had a bunch of dumbass teenagers as well as a money-strapped professor not taken him along for the ride.

In order for this to become a fair fight, it would have to be Uber Jason vs Robocop, at which point it's a classic case of an unmovable object vs superior firepower. And even then, it would be a close match.

Edit: Here's another point to think about if non-canon series like JGTH as well as Jason X were being considered. Jason once found his Uber self in a comic series, and in that one Jason lost to Uber Jason because his regeneration simply couldn't last against a being who was extremely durable. Uber Jason would be a great matchup against Robocop because the two would share many qualities (bionic strength, heightened durability, etc.). So if Jason couldn't beat Uber Jason, yet Uber Jason would struggle against Robocop, then how could regular Jason even hope to defeat Robocop?

How is JGTH or JX not canon? Jason isnt only immortal, he is also more mobile and stealthy than robocop. Murphy wouldnt even see jason coming. Dont even get me started on uber jason. He is made from some spaceage alloy that would render robocops firepower obsolete. Jasons taking all comers so just give up.

Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson in a fight. Tyson went on to fight again but he was still defeated by Douglas. 

RoboCop would beat Jason. Just because he gets up the next day doesn't mean he wasn't beat.

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson in a fight. Tyson went on to fight again but he was still defeated by Douglas. 

RoboCop would beat Jason. Just because he gets up the next day doesn't mean he wasn't beat.

Okay... Allow me to put the final nail in robocops coffin. In a best case scenario, they fight in detroit and robocop kills jason. Some new villain would put jasons soul into a robot like cain... only KANE (as in Hodder?) then jason would slice robocop with a 6ft machete, crush the remants like a pop can then unload dual vulcan mini guns on the remants remants. RIP detective Alex Murphy. He will make a fine trophy for mother

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Okay... Allow me to put the final nail in robocops coffin. In a best case scenario, they fight in detroit and robocop kills jason. Some new villain would put jasons soul into a robot like cain... only KANE (as in Hodder?) then jason would slice robocop with a 6ft machete, crush the remants like a pop can then unload dual vulcan mini guns on the remants remants. RIP detective Alex Murphy. He will make a fine trophy for mother

Now you're just being silly, there's no way RoboCop is gonna let "some villain" get his mits on Jason's corpse. He'd see to it that it was secured or disposed of.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Now you're just being silly, there's no way RoboCop is gonna let "some villain" get his mits on Jason's corpse. He'd see to it that it was secured or disposed of.

Because he defended Cains corpse so well...

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

So in summary, Robocop has no problem destroying Jason's physical form but he can't keep him down, same as nobody else ever could. Therefore, Jason wins due to immortality. If Robocop can't kill Jason, then Jason will outlive Robocop. Uber Jason is a bit of a different story and would certainly give Robocop a run for his money.

My man. *fist bump*

Look, paaahhleeeeaaasee do not get me wrong here, folks. I heart BOTH of these franchises. They're both mega-awesome, and I will see every film each puts out. 

Buuuuuuuutttttttttt . . . Kody echoes my sentiments exactly. This isn't really a contest, guys. 

Jason & Robo have comparable strength. Robo has much better weapons available to him than JV. Robo is armor-plated. Both are smart about besting their opponents.

But seriously -- you're pitting human technology against THE SUPERNATURAL.

"Let's build a robot to take on Satan himself! Yeah! That'll work!"  :rolleyes:

Please.

If we're discussing a fight to the finish -- It's Jason, no question.

Jason beats Robo in endurance. He keeps coming and coming and coming. Robo's armor will eventually fail, his arms will get pulled out of their joints, or if nothing else -- his batteries will run out. 

Jason's won't. He cannot die.

I grant you, Robo would beat the bloody pisswater out of Jason in the beginning. But in the end, the hockey mask takes it.

7 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Because he defended Cains corpse so well...

He wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

@Cokeyskunk Jason got beat by not 1 but 2 mortal girls, and Uber Jason got beat by a dude in a space suit.

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

@Cokeyskunk Jason got beat by not 1 but 2 mortal girls, and Uber Jason got beat by a dude in a space suit.

Robocop was dismantled by crackheads... CRACKHEADS...

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

@Cokeyskunk Jason got beat by not 1 but 2 mortal girls. 

Ohhhhhh, Admiral, Admiral, Admiral . . . am I going to have to pull a Star Trek and demote you to Captain??  😉

That's a nice try. But you're talking early Jason -- who took much longer to heal. Not post-Final Chapter Jason who healed instantly.

And even still, he wasn't "killed" because he came back to life. He was, let's say, delayed.

NOW! Riddle me this, Batman: had those girls faced post-Final Chapter Jason one-on-one . . . mano a mano . . . how would they have fared?

Answer: GREASE SPOTS!

This discussion is about who would overpower the other in a fight, not "who could pull a fast one and happen to outsmart the other for a second." If THAT were the question, then you could run that scenario a million times over and over again, and each combatant would end up with a score of about 500,000.

No, the question is: Putting RoboCop and Jason in an empty room together, whom would most likely be the victor?

J-A-S-O-N. 

Im just no seeing a strong enough case to support a robo victory. Therefore I declare jason the winner!