Sign in to follow this  
SolidusPrime

Sooooo many exploiters again

Literally every other match has one or more of the pussies doing the exploit where you can't kill them after they enter the car and/or the infinite pocket knife bullshit. It's frustrating.

If we could get some kind of in-game block list/system it would be amazing. It would accomplish the same goal of the salt mines by quarantining the cheaters, while not punishing the innocents. Or even just a way to mark a players name so I can not queue up with them.

• Like 1

Won't happen.

The  Dev's have proved they have little interest in helping this game stay alive.

That's why we have to wait for a full engine change, before they will do anything.

IF they do that.

Best you can do is ignore the exploiter. I know it sucks, but they aren't getting banned anytime soon.

Fifty people could report a guy, and the Devs won't even observe him.

Nope they demand the player do all the work for them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I mean it does kind of suck, that you has the player have to constantly record every game you play, just in case someone exploits. Even then it's not a sure thing the exploiter will be punished. Honestly the way the Dev's run this game it drove me to DbD, where at least they put forth a token effort to fix problems. Don't even get me started on how Reddit gets info on updates posted on it..before the games actual forums do.

In short. 

You are playing a game that should still be in the Beta Phase. It sucks, I know because I love the F13 movies, and such myself. It's just sad that most likely nothing will ever be done to help patch up this (already on life support) game survive.

I dunno if you are PC or Console, but on PC it's much worse.

45 minutes ago, Vortex said:

That's why we have to wait for a full engine change, before they will do anything.

It's not even that. Even before this engine update crap, the game didn't really receive patches. Only major updates.

19 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

It's not even that. Even before this engine update crap, the game didn't really receive patches. Only major updates.

Oh I know.

It almost seems like the Dev's abandoned ship right after payday from game sales rolled in honestly.

Not going to happen that we see them doing anything against cheating or exploiting. It´s getting worse and devs basically whorship cheaters. See teaming not considered cheating anymore.

Also there was something about time wasting when most players are dead/escaped in the code of conduct. Like XP farming and letting them wait for the whole 20mins. Also legal now.

They were either super gullible and thought people will not cheat in their game or they actually did this on purpose knowing what will happen and don´t give a flying fuck. Usually i would say the gullible option is unlikely if a company manages to produce a game with good sales. But looking at the past year i am not so sure...

And looking at this community, i doubt that a report button will do anything besides giving the trolls a new option to abuse. There is jasonkillsbugs.com, people report exploiters and cheaters there and yet nothing happens. no bans. What would a report button do, that will be used way more often because it´s only a click ingame, when they don´t even act on the reports from jasonkillsbugs.com?

jasonkillsbugs is useless.

I'am sorry, but as a paying customer I shouldn't have to fucking video record every SINGLE game I play on the off-chance someone might cheat. I shouldn't have to do a POLICE LEVEL investigation into a FUCKING CHEATER in order for these lazy, greedy Devs to do something about it, and then its only a slap on the wrist.

Seriously, I honestly think the guys that made this game were running a HUGE scam on this little slice of the horror community as a whole. They realized they could milk fans into paying for it to be made, then milk them into paying to play it.

Literally that's it. Hell these guys haven't even done all the kick starter people right yet. Some guys are STILL waiting for there special collectors editions of the game.

• Like 2

I'm inclined to agree. There should be an in game GM system like what Nexon Games does for Combat Arms in order to have mods (GMs as they are called) who can invisibly patrol the games and live ban hackers and exploiters.

Nexon also goes further and scans your files and browser history upon launching the game to see if you have modded files or have been to sites that supply hacks and will ban you if it finds evidence of hacks. We need this for F13.

42 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

I'm inclined to agree. There should be an in game GM system like what Nexon Games does for Combat Arms in order to have mods (GMs as they are called) who can invisibly patrol the games and live ban hackers and exploiters.

Nexon also goes further and scans your files and browser history upon launching the game to see if you have modded files or have been to sites that supply hacks and will ban you if it finds evidence of hacks. We need this for F13.

That would be awesome, but the Devs would actually have to do some work then, so not happening sadly.

They act like doing something like that would push them to the breaking point, of there very busy schedule of doing jack shit.

10 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

Literally every other match has one or more of the pussies doing the exploit where you can't kill them after they enter the car and/or the infinite pocket knife bullshit. It's frustrating.

If we could get some kind of in-game block list/system it would be amazing. It would accomplish the same goal of the salt mines by quarantining the cheaters, while not punishing the innocents. Or even just a way to mark a players name so I can not queue up with them.

What platform are you on?  PC?

I don't see these types of things being as problematic as the teamers and quitters. They're a problem for sure but IMO the teamers alone ruin far more matches. I've seen it now in 4 of 9 QP games this morning alone. 

I think kick voting alone would make a huge impact. No one can kick Jason, nor can Jason participate in the vote. I think it would useful. You just nominate a player and then select a reason.

A. AFK

B. Trolling

C. Teaming

Something like that.

6 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I don't see these types of things being as problematic as the teamers and quitters. They're a problem for sure but IMO the teamers alone ruin far more matches. I've seen it now in 4 of 9 QP games this morning alone. 

I think kick voting alone would make a huge impact. No one can kick Jason, nor can Jason participate in the vote. I think it would useful. You just nominate a player and then select a reason.

A. AFK

B. Trolling

C. Teaming

Something like that.

You must be a console player if you don't think exploiters, hackers, and cheaters in general is bad.

3 hours ago, Vortex said:

You must be a console player if you don't think exploiters, hackers, and cheaters in general is bad.

Almost 700 hours, PC. I'm very familiar with the exploiters, hackers, and cheaters in general but I didn't say I don't think they're bad. I'm saying teamers and quitters are worse. As in, occur more frequently. 

I had 1 match today with a LaChappa running through the sky. 1 out of 30+ matches. In only 1 lobby did I see two players pop in together, each below level 40, each using Savini. 

In probably 2/3 of the matches counselors quit, Jasons quit.There were at least 7 matches with teamers that I could tell. 

Now that I think of it I was also in a lobby with a Tiffany that was sporting shorts that looked they were using one of Chad's yellow and black Speedo pattern. That kind of thing I could personally care less about. 

15 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

That's an invasion of privacy.

8 hours ago, Anonymous said:

That's an invasion of privacy.

Not when it's listed in their terms of service that you agree upon installing the game.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:44 AM, MichaelMemers said:

I pointed this out a while ago and some people said that wasn't true lol...Then I had them go back and look at every patch and note that they all came with additional content.

That's what created this '1 step forward, 2 steps back" effect. They couldn't fix anything with the game because the new content always brought new issues.

I think there were a total of 3 hotfixes. 2 minor ones on PC (2nd one was supposed to stop Uber Hacks but didn't), and a hotfix for something on PS4 IIRC. Hotfixes can't even be released on Xbox.

There was also that time Xbox was skipped over completely for an update and it was instead included in the next Xbox patch. Pretty sure THAT patch was the one that removed rain.

It's been a mess so far, without a doubt. Hopefully they learned they lesson. But I doubt it. They'll keep trying to lump patches in with new content. They can't keep up with or afford a patch every couple of weeks (or as needed).

They have to lump as much as possible into patches to "make them count"...Funny that it's actually been their downfall.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

It's been a mess so far, without a doubt. Hopefully they learned they lesson. But I doubt it. They'll keep trying to lump patches in with new content. They can't keep up with or afford a patch every couple of weeks (or as needed).

People are dying to throw money at this game in terms of DLC. There are so many pathways that are not being utilized because the developers have their heads in the clouds. They're busy listening to Generation Z and their cries for "mean girl tropes" and emotes, while the rest of the game suffers as a result. It doesn't matter how many intelligently written and well thought out posts are made regarding the addition of a meaningful progression system, ranking system or pleas for bugs fixes. The loudest collective voice is always going to be coming from people asking for completely unnecessary content that does little to help the success and longevity of the title. Muffin anyone?

Here's some FREE pro tips for the developers:

• Stop giving us free content to make up for your mistakes. Just correct your mistakes and learn from them.
  • Add out-of-game DLC such as an Official Sound Track and Digital Art Book with healthy prices attached. Put all of that money into a fund for unplanned patches.
  • Add some Exclusive Kills with healthy prices attached. Put all of the money received into a server fund to keep things running for the long haul.
  • Develop a long term paid DLC strategy that can be used to fund things like cheat prevention and the policing of toxic players.
  • Create a game changers program like EA has so you can listen to the "voices" that will best help you achieve your goals as a game and company.

I know you have to be politically correct and say that everyone has a voice and that every voice matters. That's basically what @GunMedia_Ben told @AldermachXI anyway. If you people want to let the kids drive the bus that's totally up to you. Just don't be shocked when it doesn't make it to school, or worse. @wes

Alot of great ideas, it's a shame the Dev's really, and truly don't give a shit.

I literally think they just cashed in a few paydays for this game, and are now done with it. They could care less if it lives or dies at this point. They still can't even get all the bonus goodies to the kickstarter people yet, and it's been how long? All this game is for the Dev's (other than a payday) is something to put on a resume later. I know it sucks, but it's something we have to accept. Why else would they put a game this riddled  with bugs, cheaters, and exploits out for sale anyway? Why wouldn't they even try to fix these the problems? The answer is they don't care, and it's all about Greed.

Why should they spend ANY money fixing problems? Shit I'am willing to bet IF the engine change even comes through it's going to introduce a whole host of brand new bugs we'll have to deal with...that will take YEARS before the Devs admit (if they ever do) that issues have arose. I know we can't get refunds, but maybe if the majority of the playerbase started flooding them with e-mails demanding one..we might just get them to actually reply. Probably not, but you never know. Especially if those demands come from the screwed Kickstarter donors demanding there money back.

3 minutes ago, Vortex said:

Alot of great ideas, it's a shame the Dev's really, and truly don't give a shit.

I think it's incompetence, not a lack of care. They pushed an update on PC to get rid of the bugged Uber Jasons, and it didn't work. And they seem to be just ignoring Uber Jason now. They lack the ability to fix the issue.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

I think it's incompetence, not a lack of care. They pushed an update on PC to get rid of the bugged Uber Jasons, and it didn't work. And they seem to be just ignoring Uber Jason now. They lack the ability to fix the issue.

I think they just don't care.

They made the money they wanted off pie eyed fans already. I am even starting to think this Engine Update is a stalling tactic to milk a little more money from fans that haven't given up entirely. The apathy of the Devs in this game drove me to Dead By Daylight. Less things to do true, but at least the dev team actually does something on that game.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Milk more money? They haven't had a paid DLC since December. They've barely monetized this game at all.

Because they already cashed in on it.

Eventually they will throw something retarded out like "NEW EMOTES, NEW DANCES, NEW KILLS!" Probably less from wanting to evolve the game, more from "Oh shit I gotta pay my car payment. Better shit out some garbage on F13."

On 5/5/2018 at 3:34 AM, Vortex said:

jasonkillsbugs is useless.

I'am sorry, but as a paying customer I shouldn't have to fucking video record every SINGLE game I play on the off-chance someone might cheat. I shouldn't have to do a POLICE LEVEL investigation into a FUCKING CHEATER in order for these lazy, greedy Devs to do something about it, and then its only a slap on the wrist.

Seriously, I honestly think the guys that made this game were running a HUGE scam on this little slice of the horror community as a whole. They realized they could milk fans into paying for it to be made, then milk them into paying to play it.

Literally that's it. Hell these guys haven't even done all the kick starter people right yet. Some guys are STILL waiting for there special collectors editions of the game.

Dnnnnn exactly. This game basically wants a police report filed for consideration into punishing someone in 6-8 weeks