i also think tommy should get xp for any counselor that survives after he arrives as long as he is active in the match and doesnt just hide and then escape at first chance. i myself as tommy have put the battery and gas in four seater and told others that it was ready so four of you better hurry. but i didnt get any xp for those four escapees

13 hours ago, sfosterjr said:

i also think tommy should get xp for any counselor that survives after he arrives as long as he is active in the match and doesnt just hide and then escape at first chance. i myself as tommy have put the battery and gas in four seater and told others that it was ready so four of you better hurry. but i didnt get any xp for those four escapees

I agree with car part, but he shouldn’t get XP for everyone escaping if they’re not near him. 

18 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Except, think of this scenario.

I distract Jason enough for the objectives to be completed. If he focuses on me for those few minutes who will more XP me or the Jenny that did nothing but escape. Or the fixers that finish objectives but are given little XP at the end. 

Well the ultimate goal is to escape so if you ran Jason around for a few minutes and died, you didn't reach the ultimate goal therefore the person that did should be rewarded more XP since well, they lived.  Although if you get Jason to step in a trap along the way or attack him, you'll still get more XP than the Jenny who did nothing but escape. 

The fixers, if they also escape will get more XP than that Jenny.  Also if they hit Jason at some point, even if they die and don't escape, they'll get more XP than that Jenny that just escaped and did nothing else. 

Then there's always personal enjoyment from the game itself, which should be why you bought and play the game to begin with.  I find it more fun to juke Jason around for several minutes, hit him with a trap/flare gun/baseball bat/firecrackers/etc than do nothing but escape. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Well the ultimate goal is to escape so if you ran Jason around for a few minutes and died, you didn't reach the ultimate goal therefore the person that did should be rewarded more XP since well, they lived.  Although if you get Jason to step in a trap along the way or attack him, you'll still get more XP than the Jenny who did nothing but escape. 

The fixers, if they also escape will get more XP than that Jenny.  Also if they hit Jason at some point, even if they die and don't escape, they'll get more XP than that Jenny that just escaped and did nothing else. 

Then there's always personal enjoyment from the game itself, which should be why you bought and play the game to begin with.  I find it more fun to juke Jason around for several minutes, hit him with a trap/flare gun/baseball bat/firecrackers/etc than do nothing but escape. 

Not really. Distracting Jason should give you XP  over the few minutes you distract him. It’s not hard concept to understand nor argue with. 

On 5/5/2018 at 1:12 AM, TiffanyIsBae said:

It should over cap then, playing an aggressive play style and distracting Jason should reward you more. Considering, if you do your job well, you won’t have a seat in the car. You’ll be left for dead if the cops weren’t called. The end of the game stats are to show the unsung heroes. 

Like Tiffany portrait, top stuns or distracting.

Deborah Kim - (Name) Number of objectives completed. 

Fantastic idea, just like any other game that shows top players and gives additional rewards. If you stun Jason while he grabs a counselor and you free them, that should be 200xp because that’s a players life. You’re exactly right, at the end of the match we should see who performed the most repairs, who healed the most players, who inflicted the most damage, and who stunned Jason the most. There is your objective trophy, your offensive trophy, your auxiliary or helper trophy, and your defensive trophy BAM. Another great idea from the fanbase

• Like 1

Yeah some call outs at the end of the match would be cool.

NFL style star players of the game.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Star players of the game brought to you by Machete-Mart, "Machete-Mart for all of your slashing needs".

The Macgyver: Goes to Debbie for fixing the phone,  and fixing the two seater.                                                                                                                                                                            The Pest: Goes to Chad for a Total Distraction Time (TDT) of over 4 whole minutes. Way to be Chad!                                                                                                                                        The Martyr: Goes to Tommy for causing the most amount of damage but ultimately dying in the end.

Etc.... 

I think you have great foundational argument here, but maybe shift your ideas of earning XP. As @AdmiralJT pointed out, if you give big bonus for each attack on Jason, people will care to do that more than objectives. However, you are correct in your assessment each hit should earn XP. Problem is balancing the rewards to keep focus on completing objectives. I will provide some of my suggestions:

10 XP for each time you hit Jason. If you hit him 3 times, that is 30 XP. 

50 for each objective completed. This puts high priority on actually fixing objectives. If you put in the phone fuse, install a battery and propeller, that is 150 XP. 

Calling the cops = 75.

Escaping = 250

Car repaired = 75.

I also think they should create a body guard or savior bonus. 

Body guard = protecting objectives or people installing objectives. Stay in their vicinity for 25XP bonus. This encourages team work and sticking together.

Savior = hit Jason to knock a counselor out of his arms and save their life. 25 XP.

By making more objective based experience bonuses you increase the desire for team work. When a player can choose to walk around and hide all game and be rewarded the same as if they had participated in objectives, why should they risk their lives if they can confidently outrun Jason? Give people more incentive to work together.

• Like 1

I definitely think the XP system should have some tweaks to it. The more tasks that generate XP/CP the more people will be inclined to work together. Hitting Jason when he has someone, using a PK on a trap, etc.  I would also like to see how much CP I earn at the end of a round and how that is configured. 

Has Gun/Illfonic ever stated that 150 will always be the level cap?

7 hours ago, Jasix said:

I definitely think the XP system should have some tweaks to it. The more tasks that generate XP/CP the more people will be inclined to work together. Hitting Jason when he has someone, using a PK on a trap, etc.  I would also like to see how much CP I earn at the end of a round and how that is configured. 

Has Gun/Illfonic ever stated that 150 will always be the level cap?

No and I doubt it, since the new counselor should have new clothing.

@TheHansonGoons I like it

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2018 at 5:06 PM, TiffanyIsBae said:

Not really. Distracting Jason should give you XP  over the few minutes you distract him. It’s not hard concept to understand nor argue with. 

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here.  

I gain personal satisfaction running Jason around for several minutes until I get that match where no one gets anything done while I'm doing it and then I just get frustrated that all my efforts were in vain.  

So if no one gets anything done, should you be rewarded for making Jason chase you through 3 cabins, destroy 4 doors, destroy 6 windows, eat a baseball bat shot, eat a pocket knife and then he finally kills you?  You died.  Your distraction provided nothing of value. 

I understand the concept you're trying to get at fine.  Just don't agree with it from a reality standpoint and have no idea how it would be technically implemented by Gun to function properly.  If you just want it to be Jason's in your vicinity so you start a timer that gives you extra XP, fine.  But then you're rewarding someone who spawned in the phone house for doing nothing, half the time if you don't open a window entering that cabin, don't lock the door, Jason will have no idea anyone is even in there but they'd get extra XP anyway?  

8 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think you have great foundational argument here, but maybe shift your ideas of earning XP. As @AdmiralJT pointed out, if you give big bonus for each attack on Jason, people will care to do that more than objectives. However, you are correct in your assessment each hit should earn XP. Problem is balancing the rewards to keep focus on completing objectives. I will provide some of my suggestions:

50 for each objective completed. This puts high priority on actually fixing objectives. If you put in the phone fuse, install a battery and propeller, that is 150 XP. 

Calling the cops = 75.

Escaping = 250

Car repaired = 75.

Body guard = protecting objectives or people installing objectives. Stay in their vicinity for 25XP bonus. This encourages team work and sticking together.

Savior = hit Jason to knock a counselor out of his arms and save their life. 25 XP.

By making more objective based experience bonuses you increase the desire for team work. When a player can choose to walk around and hide all game and be rewarded the same as if they had participated in objectives, why should they risk their lives if they can confidently outrun Jason? Give people more incentive to work together.

Bad ideas abound here.  

You'd just shift the game more towards counselors grouping up and performing a Jason troll fest.  

Why bother completing an objective when I can stick with my friends and hit Jason over and over and over.  Then he'll grab someone and I can hit them free.  Jason will grab me and someone will hit me free.  Not to mention whatever XP I'm gonna get from firecrackers and the pocket knife on Jason as well. 

You'd get more points doing that then anything else. 

15 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Bad ideas abound here.  

You'd just shift the game more towards counselors grouping up and performing a Jason troll fest.  

Why bother completing an objective when I can stick with my friends and hit Jason over and over and over.  Then he'll grab someone and I can hit them free.  Jason will grab me and someone will hit me free.  Not to mention whatever XP I'm gonna get from firecrackers and the pocket knife on Jason as well. 

You'd get more points doing that then anything else. 

His ideas were good. The game is all about teamwork, of course they’ll be together. You should get value for distracting Jason. 

54 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

His ideas were good. The game is all about teamwork, of course they’ll be together. You should get value for distracting Jason. 

People complain about about the game being a jason troll fest now, his ideas would encourage people to troll Jason.

You'd get more XP trolling Jason than doing objectives with his point examples. 

If I'm getting 10xp every time I hit Jason, I take Chad, put my perks towards combat...I'm now hitting Jason 5 times with a baseball bat.  I now have 50 XP if no one else got grabbed in that time period, say 1 person got grabbed and I saved them I now have 65XP.  5 hits and 1 save.  I find another weapon somewhere and rejoin the beat on Jason group.  I hit Jason another 5 times with one savior...I now have 130XP.  I could repeat this process at least 3 more times in the course of a match. 

So I've gained approximately 300XP just beating on Jason.  So you tell me why I would ever bother doing an objective?   And then tell me how many people would want to play as Jason in that type of game environment? 

I think the hitting Jason xp could work if it had limits - like say - Each hit is 10xp you can gain a maximum of 30xp from hitting Jason. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing it can be balanced so people do not just have a hit-fest on Jason. 

11 hours ago, Jasix said:

I think the hitting Jason xp could work if it had limits - like say - Each hit is 10xp you can gain a maximum of 30xp from hitting Jason. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing it can be balanced so people do not just have a hit-fest on Jason. 

30 is extremely low. 

On 5/7/2018 at 7:39 PM, SirMang said:

People complain about about the game being a jason troll fest now, his ideas would encourage people to troll Jason.

You'd get more XP trolling Jason than doing objectives with his point examples. 

If I'm getting 10xp every time I hit Jason, I take Chad, put my perks towards combat...I'm now hitting Jason 5 times with a baseball bat.  I now have 50 XP if no one else got grabbed in that time period, say 1 person got grabbed and I saved them I now have 65XP.  5 hits and 1 save.  I find another weapon somewhere and rejoin the beat on Jason group.  I hit Jason another 5 times with one savior...I now have 130XP.  I could repeat this process at least 3 more times in the course of a match. 

So I've gained approximately 300XP just beating on Jason.  So you tell me why I would ever bother doing an objective?   And then tell me how many people would want to play as Jason in that type of game environment? 

Because if you clearly saw the other comments you would see what I said about fixing objectives. Being aggressive should reward you more than passive, but the differences aren’t drastically apart. People would still want to play Jason, you weren’t here in the forums before the lastest patch. You wouldn’t know regardless.

14 hours ago, Jasix said:

I agree with this, it should give you more xp the more you do it, but there needs to be a cap. Imo 30 xp is too low, but i think it could be you hit him once you get 40 xp & then it decreases by 10 xp with each hit, so 1st hit 40xp, 2nd hit 30xp etc from that point on so you can get a max of 100 xp. That way people couldn’t just abuse it to farm for xp etc.

Also agree with a lot of the original ideas, it really should be kinda opposite to how it is now with you getting 500xp for staying to the end & 200 for escaping. Imo it should be 500xp for escaping or 250xp for surviving the night & then a 200xp bonus for staying in the lobby. I can see why the devs added the experience bonus to keep people in lobby’s to collect the xp but with escaping being the main objective that should be the best way to get xp too.

On 5/7/2018 at 5:55 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

Calling the cops = 75.

Escaping = 250

Car repaired = 75.

These are some really good ideas, the body guard & saviour xp ideas especially.

On 5/8/2018 at 2:26 AM, SirMang said:

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here.  

I gain personal satisfaction running Jason around for several minutes until I get that match where no one gets anything done while I'm doing it and then I just get frustrated that all my efforts were in vain.  

So if no one gets anything done, should you be rewarded for making Jason chase you through 3 cabins, destroy 4 doors, destroy 6 windows, eat a baseball bat shot, eat a pocket knife and then he finally kills you?  You died.  Your distraction provided nothing of value. 

I understand the concept you're trying to get at fine.  Just don't agree with it from a reality standpoint and have no idea how it would be technically implemented by Gun to function properly.  If you just want it to be Jason's in your vicinity so you start a timer that gives you extra XP, fine.  But then you're rewarding someone who spawned in the phone house for doing nothing, half the time if you don't open a window entering that cabin, don't lock the door, Jason will have no idea anyone is even in there but they'd get extra XP anyway?  

Whether your distraction provided nothing of value is kind of irrelevant imo, the way i look at it is that you are playing the counsellor the way they are intended to be played. The fixers get xp for fixing objectives & rightfully so, but then why shouldn’t characters like tiffany & buggzy who are obviously not supposed to be fixers get xp for utilising their playstyle correctly? If they keep Jason at bay for long enough then they are providing a good distraction, whether the fixer characters chose not to make the most of that distraction while they had the chance is down to that individual player.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Because if you clearly saw the other comments you would see what I said about fixing objectives. Being aggressive should reward you more than passive, but the differences aren’t drastically apart. People would still want to play Jason, you weren’t here in the forums before the lastest patch. You wouldn’t know regardless.

LOL I wouldn't know?

Oh so because I wasn't using the forums back in November, that must mean I wasn't playing the game?  Got it.  Nice logic.

You want to reward people per every hit on Jason, you simply encourage players to stick together and troll Jason all game.  Whether it's to eventually kill him or just hit him all match long. 

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

LOL I wouldn't know?

Oh so because I wasn't using the forums back in November, that must mean I wasn't playing the game?  Got it.  Nice logic.

You want to reward people per every hit on Jason, you simply encourage players to stick together and troll Jason all game.  Whether it's to eventually kill him or just hit him all match long. 

You weren’t here during the constant complaints in the forums. Never did I say you didn’t play the game. 

That’s the whole point of the game. Stubbornness won’t win you this. 

Hitting Jason should LOSE you xp. You should want to be as far away from that guy as possible. 

Need to save a friend, sacrifice a few xp. 

Too many lobbies are hunting for Jason as it is. It's pretty terrible. 

Jason as he exists now strikes no fear in counselors. Makes me long for day one.

The anonymity of the internet abounds.

*I'm a counselor main. 

5 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Too many lobbies are hunting for Jason as it is. It's pretty terrible. 

Jason as he exists now strikes no fear in counselors. Makes me long for day one.

Maybe an inexperienced Jason. A good Jason still has me shitting my pants...