Truth

Who wants Demon added to the game?!?! (STATS EDITED 5/17)

Should Demon (or a counselor based off Demon) be added?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should Demon (or a counselor based off Demon) be added?

• Yes
    • No

Yes! I would love to see Demon, or at least someone similar to him appear in the game. He had a pretty small amount of screen time but he was definitely memorable, and having a musician trope counselor would be great! I can already imagine him nervously singing Ooh baby to himself when the power goes out!

If it's okay I've got a little stat layout below with my reasoning why each stat is the way it is:

Composure: 5 (He was pretty easily rattled by his girlfriend shaking the outhouse, but he was quick to sling out a threat and calm down.)

Luck: 5 (He had a nice van, a nice girl, and was a well loved big brother, but he was murdered by Roy in an embarrassing outhouse.)

Repair: 3 (He strikes me as the kind of guy that could fix a spark plug if he had the instructions for it, but he would rather just take it to a shop)

Speed: 7 (He was pretty quick at running to the outhouse, damn enchiladas!)

Stamina: 6 (He didn't seem particularly out of breath, and he didn't really need to take any deep breaths while singing.)

Stealth: 5 (He was pretty loud running to the outhouse and complaining about those damn enchiladas... But then he also was singing pretty quietly.)

Strength: 4 (He seems like he would be physically fit, but he's pretty lean as well.)

Thanks @TuffinMuffin!

I've been copying the stats everyone gives me into a word document to reference, this is a huge help! 

@Armani👑

10 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

I already said the stats you gave Demon don't represent him that well in my opinion, but other than that, it's also kind of a discount Vanessa.

I gave him above average repair, because he's obviously on the road a lot.

I must have missed that. I have to admit, that is good feedback. Not sure how I didn't see that before. I was more focused on making him stand out against Adam and Fox lol

22 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Demon and Tommy were both in Return of the Living Dead so thats a no brainer. Why isnt he already in the game?

YES!!!!

On 5/14/2018 at 4:39 PM, Truth said:

I thought about that, but he also wore leather pants... I'd imagine those would so him down a bit, not to mention the prarie dogging enchiladas... I felt like 7 was pushing it (no pun intended).

I'm sure I'll revise them, I just want to get more feedback on it before I make the decision.

Yeah after much thought after yesterday, I think his luck should be slightly lower, and that/those points go to repair and or speed. Those leather pants and turtle head did not slow him down one bit, and upon rewatching it last night I am almost certain he was living out of that van on the road. Seems like he was staying in that little rv camp ground/park (renting a little lot) so he could be in the area to visit his little brother.

1 minute ago, jameson87 said:

YES!!!!

Yeah after much thought after yesterday, I think his luck should be slightly lower, and that/those points go to repair and or speed. Those leather pants and turtle head did not slow him down one bit, and upon rewatching it last night I am almost certain he was living out of that van in that little rv camp ground/park.

Youre pretty unlucky if you have to make a BM with a killer on the loose.

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

Youre pretty unlucky if you have to make a BM with a killer on the loose.

Yep, especially in a nasty little public shit box. Hell if I have to use a porta potty on a job site I consider that pretty unlucky. Add Jason/Roy into the mix and the luck just took a nose dive.

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

At that point our boy demon was shit outta luck. Booooong!

You sir get a like for that one.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:17 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

@Truth and @Mikleo calling the campers counselors is one of the issues here. Only parts 1, 2, 6, has any real counselors. 5 they are basically rehab and institute committed teens and young adults. 3, 4, 7 its all people partying(except Tina and her psychiatrist and mom, as well as Jarvis family).  I think Demon fits into the Michael Jackson or Rick James wannabe type. Sort of the 80s clubbing guy. I figure he was in his ewrly 20s. Still sees a younger brother but his grandpa was still alive at the time. 

He shared the same the same desth as Harold Hockett from Part 3.

I mentioned in another thread how I would love to play through his death in SP challenges. That and Junior's death. Which leads me to we dont have a redneck, inbred counselor.

How is me calling the playable characters counselors an issue? That's literally what the game refers to them as. All the playable characters are called counselors. 

9EB91023-1E9F-4191-B57E-59D5A7DF98EF.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Mikleo said:

How is me calling the playable characters counselors an issue? That's literally what the game refers to them as. All the playable characters are called counselors. 

9EB91023-1E9F-4191-B57E-59D5A7DF98EF.jpeg

Hahaha not you. Sorry. I meant why did Gun nsme them counselors instead of campers. My bad on the wording then.

why are they called counselors when most of the films had friends and partiers at the camp.

Well according to the lawyer in this article, the Victor Miller case doesn't affect the game, outside of things directly for part one (if he wins). That said, it looks like the news by Wes was all fluff and an easy let down on Reggie being a character. Being he wasn't a character from a movie he had anything to do with. Makes sense because the lawsuit has been going on since before game was released and yet they somehow added characters from later films i.e Fox and Shelly after the game was launched. The info in the article is a little telling, they have the ok for likeness by Shavar, and have the license rights over Part 5 as Roy is in the game. I wouldn't get my hopes up after reading this.

http://www.gamerevolution.co m/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect -game-lawyer-says-exclusive

Edit: Also makes more sense surrounding Victoria not being Melissa as they couldn't get in touch with actress for her likeness. And Alice being on hold since she is a character from Victor Miller's script/screenplay.

I posted this in the Reggie thread and it fell on deaf ears. What do you guys think @Truth & @Cokeyskunk

25 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Well according to the lawyer in this article, the Victor Miller case doesn't affect the game, outside of things directly for part one (if he wins). That said, it looks like the news by Wes was all fluff and an easy let down on Reggie being a character. Being he wasn't a character from a movie he had anything to do with. Makes sense because the lawsuit has been going on since before game was released and yet they somehow added characters from later films i.e Fox and Shelly after the game was launched. The info in the article is a little telling, they have the ok for likeness by Shavar, and have the license rights over Part 5 as Roy is in the game. I wouldn't get my hopes up after reading this.

http://www.gamerevolution.co m/features/340409-friday-13th-lawsuit-wont-affect -game-lawyer-says-exclusive

Edit: Also makes more sense surrounding Victoria not being Melissa as they couldn't get in touch with actress for her likeness. And Alice being on hold since she is a character from Victor Miller's script/screenplay.

I posted this in the Reggie thread and it fell on deaf ears. What do you guys think @Truth & @Cokeyskunk

I would have commented, but I now refuse to add to the artificially inflated post count on the Reggie thread.

I've read the article (which is now a year old), and I'm very much like Wes and the others on the developmental end: 

Ignore the lawsuit until it's over. Then make any adjustments as necessary.

Look, lawsuit or no -- the LAST thing either Cunningham OR Miller want is for this franchise to lose its bankability. Both parties are protective of the franchise, and neither want to see it die, so it shan't.

Once it is finalized (assuming no appeals are filed,) some adjustments may need to be made, but it's very likely nothing will be "off the table."

Right now is just a bad time to be involved with the franchise because of the uncertainty of what will happen. But it WILL resolve in time.

Once that happens, the gloves are off.

I thought the lawsuit was over the original because miller penned the screenplay.

6 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I would have commented, but I now refuse to add to the artificially inflated post count on the Reggie thread.

I've read the article (which is now a year old), and I'm very much like Wes and the others on the developmental end: 

Ignore the lawsuit until it's over. Then make any adjustments as necessary.

Look, lawsuit or no -- the LAST thing either Cunningham OR Miller want is for this franchise to lose its bankability. Both parties are protective of the franchise, and neither want to see it die, so it shan't.

Once it is finalized (assuming no appeals are filed,) some adjustments may need to be made, but it's very likely nothing will be "off the table."

Right now is just a bad time to be involved with the franchise because of the uncertainty of what will happen. But it WILL resolve in time.

Once that happens, the gloves are off.

Yeah I see that angle, but I really feel like it was a soft no on Reggie personally. The lawsuit was in play before Shelly or Fox were added. So that shows they can and already have. I think that was Wes trying to be as nice as he could about saying no to Reggie and spun the rest in to keep other peoples expectations in check.

10 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I thought the lawsuit was over the original because miller penned the screenplay.

The SUBJECT MATTER of the lawsuit is about the first film. It is not who has the rights TO the first film. It's all about who can be considered an owner/creator of things such as:

• Jason Voorhees
  • Pamela Voorhees
  • The "hockey mask killer" image
  • The "ki-ki-ki, ma-ma-ma" killer
  • The name Friday the 13th
  • etc.

Please understand this suit is all about FUTURE MONEY to be made by the franchise for perpetuity. Cunningham claims all rights to the above, and Miller believes he is entitled to a percentage of profits to some (or perhaps all) of any future monies earned from the above-listed items. Hence the lawsuit to decide whom owns what.

6 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Yeah I see that angle, but I really feel like it was a soft no on Reggie personally. The lawsuit was in play before Shelly or Fox were added. So that shows they can and already have. I think that was Wes trying to be as nice as he could about saying no to Reggie and spun the rest in to keep other peoples expectations in check.

It kind of was. Someone from this board continually contacted Shavar and his people through phone calls, building social media campaigns, etc. until Shavar responded. The speculation is the same certain parties also facilitated the contact by providing Shavar with Wes's contact information. That forced Wes to address Shavar AND the movement. 

He told both that this was not a good time (which is certainly is not), and that they may look at it again in the future. 

The problem is: due to this individual's impatience and bad timing, the possibility very well may have become soured. I know the devs don't want to reward one fan's obsessive campaign to add a character, as it would simply encourage others to do the same. Harassment is not the way anyone wants to have to agree to anything. It's basically bullying by persistence.

But, again -- once we have come to a resolution . . . we will see.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

The SUBJECT MATTER of the lawsuit is about the first film. It is not who has the rights TO the first film. It's all about who can be considered an owner/creator of things such as:

• Jason Voorhees
  • Pamela Voorhees
  • The "hockey mask killer" image
  • The "ki-ki-ki, ma-ma-ma" killer
  • The name Friday the 13th
  • etc.

Please understand this suit is all about FUTURE MONEY to be made by the franchise for perpetuity. Cunningham claims all rights to the above, and Miller believes he is entitled to a percentage of profits to some (or perhaps all) of any future monies earned from the above-listed items. Hence the lawsuit to decide whom owns what.

It kind of was. Someone from this board continually contacted Shavar and his people through phone calls, building social media campaigns, etc. until Shavar responded. The speculation is the same certain parties also facilitated the contact by providing Shavar with Wes's contact information. That forced Wes to address Shavar AND the movement. 

He told both that this was not a good time (which is certainly is not), and that they may look at it again in the future. 

The problem is: due to this individual's impatience and bad timing, the possibility very well may have become soured. I know the devs don't want to reward one fan's obsessive campaign to add a character, as it would simply encourage others to do the same. Harassment is not the way anyone wants to have to agree to anything. It's basically bullying by persistence.

But, again -- once we have come to a resolution . . . we will see.

Yeah, the constant hounding is what soured it in my opinion. And I completely get where they are coming from on that point 100%. I was really just pointing it out to show a certain someone that as much as they have done, they have not looked at the whole situation based on their obsession alone and the writing is on the wall. Really the reason I brought up how Shelly and Fox have been added since launch. Kind of a way to put some folks in check and make them realize they already got their answer.

I decided to go with @jameson87's suggestion. I took 2 points off luck and put one in repairs and the other in speed.

Let's see what people think of that.

On 5/17/2018 at 2:11 PM, Truth said:

I decided to go with @jameson87's suggestion. I took 2 points off luck and put one in repairs and the other in speed.

Let's see what people think of that.

Hell yeah, was the only thing I could personally think of that had some kind of logic to it.

Got my vote. He's memorable, had a unique look that lends itself to customization options, had a personality. I think he'd be a great addition. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tailypo said:

Got my vote. He's memorable, had a unique look that lends itself to customization options, had a personality. I think he'd be a great addition. 

not to mention how quotable he is. he deserves easter eggs like his own custom sounds for getting found while hiding (dam enchiladas) and repairing shit (singin  ooo baby) and hitting jason (now u gona get it bitch) it would just be glorious in every way 

• Like 1