Any one have the experience of entering a lobby with a group of friends, whose sole purpose is to kill Jason each and every time?  Where these same players all have their spawn preference set to counselor and each have their assigned roles/duties to facilitate the setup & execution?  

I've run into a few of these and personally don't care for them.  I don't mind an attempt to kill me as Jason if it's a decision made on a whim by counselors mid-game, but something premeditated by a group of seasoned vets is daunting.  Avoiding a death as Jason when all the pieces seem to fall into place for the counselors is nerve-wracking as it is, but realizing you stepped into a lobby with a Jason Hit Squad takes it to another level and totally removes the fun from the game.  It is at that point you realize death is almost imminent.  

Now don't get me wrong- I can take a loss just as much as or even better than the next guy, but I refuse to go after these Camp Crystal Lake Militias when the odds are seriously not in my favor.  So with that said, I am "that guy" who will run away as Jason.  No shame.  Call me a coward and or a pussy, I'll be that.  It's ok.  I will confront Tommy & sweater girl however, if the odds have slightly improved from you're fucked status to just "grim."  And the former is both major assassins having other counselors as back up, or they are both within very close proximity of each other. 

I have never been killed as Jason and yes, I do recognize it will happen at some point- but I am willing to delay the inevitable as long as I can.  And yes, I also recognize this is just a videogame- and "it's not that serious."  I know getting killed is not a big deal, I just prefer for it not to happen lol.  Two out of the four times I nearly died were due to that glitch where Jason slides on his knees like you are trying to move or place an object in The Sims.  And those two times were in trap lobbies.  The other two times I didn't slide but the kill was messed up  due to user/counselor error.  

So yea, what are yall thoughts and/or experiences with these lobby types?  My experience has always been toxic, due to the group getting very angry hurling belligerent insults my way after time expires.   It baffles me why they would never leave even with cops called and vehicles fixed, and waste time chasing me all over the map.  The toxic behavior in the end game just tells me they are the ones who actually take the game too seriously because they could have easily left and started the next match. 

Sorry for the novel, btw.  

• Like 4

It bothers me because these hunting parties are usually 2 or 3 people and they will sacrifice everyone else in the lobby for a chance to kill Jason. If one of them is the host and none of them get to come back as Tommy they will quit and kill the lobby. 

I'm part of one of these groups- but I Jason, too. 

No, I do not envy the randoms who wander into our group of 5-7 and draw Jason... but I'm not thrilled with the part of the group whose egos are too fragile to ever be the 1 against the dirty 7, either. To that end, if your lobby quick loads in a bunch of people, just expect trouble.

• Like 1

I've fought these teams before and won, barely. It is indeed a terrifying and daunting task to fight a seasoned hit squad who will stop at nothing to kill you. I tend to keep my distance from these players as much as possible.

• Like 1

I know groups like this, but anytime I deal with Jason killers... I just stock up on knives, pick em off.... make sure I have a morph, stalk + shift + slash then morph away if need be.
If I catch them seperated, I'll go for a grab but that's the only real time. If I catch em in the shack and have traps left then I put one outside while in stalk.
It is very annoying though...

• Like 1

Had a match this morning where a troll announced in the lobby he was going to kill the counselors. So at the start of the match I went looking for him, telling other people if they didn't get right in front of me they were safe, three counselors died before I found the troll. I knifed him to death, he didn't deserve a kill animation, or to deny me my xp. The funny part was I was using the good old machete, so if they hadn't come right to me, I never would have caught any of them. 

The same lobby minus the troll who left spent the rest of the next match trying to kill Jason, who was my friend, who only wanted to kill me. So I ran around the map watching these idiots try and kill him for almost twenty mins. I fixed the car and left. It was interesting at first I thought they wanted to punish the next Jason. You think they would have waited for me to be Jason, then I read your thread. Hey, those idiots who ran up to me in the first match must have been trying to demask me or be Tommy. It all makes sense now. 

5 minutes ago, Methodicalize said:

That's why you don't do the "sweater/demask" combo; if you haven't laid enough damage to demask pre-sweater, that resist bar will be halfway full to start off.

I’m fine with Jason kill squads. If I know they are going to try to kill Jason, I will trap the sweater and patrol the shack. I disregard objectives.

I like the Jason hit squad lobbies.

You already know that at least 3 people won't be trying to complete objectives.  instead of trapping one of the cars, you go to the Tommy house take out the power and trap it.  Then you deal with the randoms who aren't in the hit squad.  Check back on the Tommy cabin every once in a while to check on it.  Once you hear mother alert you, go to the shack and deal with whatever idiot Vanessa grabbed your sweater.  

Doing both of these infuriates the Jason hit squad.  

If all else fails, stick and move, picking your spots to hit them with throwing knives.  Do some shift grabs while you still have your mask if they separate a little.  Worst comes to worst, your mask is gone, go around the map collecting throwing knives.  Find the side of a cabin or interior with some distance and face a wall.  Turn to throw knives, especially with distance, and face the wall again until you can throw another.  Shift from cabin wall to cabin wall - outside cabins works best to put distance between you and them and continue the throwing knives.

The above is pretty cheap but effective and also infuriates the hit squad. 

I have run into full lobbies of these kill squads in QP. It starts out fun, and a good challenge, but just gets annoying after a while, with me being the only Jason Preference. I haven’t been killed yet, but they have gotten close. And it feels like every day I run into group. I’m almost at the point of locking part 2 24/7 just you trap the hell out of the shack and/or generators. But where’s the fun in that?

• Like 1

Personally, I like running into these groups because I shut their "fun" down real quick. It's so satisfying listening to them piss and moan about me slashing and knifing when there are an bunch of them surrounding me with weapons. 

I'll just straight up leave if I see a group purposely screwing other counselors, or working with friends that are Jason though. Aint nobody got time for that.

When the salt mines start, I have a few ideas to make it annoying for them that I'm not ready to share just yet ?

• Like 1

These are the same groups that have Packanack Small on repeat ?

• Like 3

And this thread is why it needs to be made EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to kill Jason!!!!!

I actually enjoy going up against Jason hunters, its a fun challenge. Not to sound like an gloaty asshole but I have never actually gotten killed as Jason, tho i have had a few reeeaaalllllly close calls but it just makes me more excited. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

Any one have the experience of entering a lobby with a group of friends, whose sole purpose is to kill Jason each and every time?  Where these same players all have their spawn preference set to counselor and each have their assigned roles/duties to facilitate the setup & execution?  

I've run into a few of these and personally don't care for them.  I don't mind an attempt to kill me as Jason if it's a decision made on a whim by counselors mid-game, but something premeditated by a group of seasoned vets is daunting.  Avoiding a death as Jason when all the pieces seem to fall into place for the counselors is nerve-wracking as it is, but realizing you stepped into a lobby with a Jason Hit Squad takes it to another level and totally removes the fun from the game.  It is at that point you realize death is almost imminent.  

Now don't get me wrong- I can take a loss just as much as or even better than the next guy, but I refuse to go after these Camp Crystal Lake Militias when the odds are seriously not in my favor.  So with that said, I am "that guy" who will run away as Jason.  No shame.  Call me a coward and or a pussy, I'll be that.  It's ok.  I will confront Tommy & sweater girl however, if the odds have slightly improved from you're fucked status to just "grim."  And the former is both major assassins having other counselors as back up, or they are both within very close proximity of each other. 

I have never been killed as Jason and yes, I do recognize it will happen at some point- but I am willing to delay the inevitable as long as I can.  And yes, I also recognize this is just a videogame- and "it's not that serious."  I know getting killed is not a big deal, I just prefer for it not to happen lol.  Two out of the four times I nearly died were due to that glitch where Jason slides on his knees like you are trying to move or place an object in The Sims.  And those two times were in trap lobbies.  The other two times I didn't slide but the kill was messed up  due to user/counselor error.  

So yea, what are yall thoughts and/or experiences with these lobby types?  My experience has always been toxic, due to the group getting very angry hurling belligerent insults my way after time expires.   It baffles me why they would never leave even with cops called and vehicles fixed, and waste time chasing me all over the map.  The toxic behavior in the end game just tells me they are the ones who actually take the game too seriously because they could have easily left and started the next match. 

Sorry for the novel, btw.  

I have played against these kind of players. They will only use cheap tactics though, like hit me when recovering from a stun, after a pocket knife stun, you know things you can’t counter. Yes, I know how to break down a door, without being hit, and taking damage, but It’s stuff that you can’t counter, can’t fight back because the current game mechanics, won’t allow Jason, to fight Counselors, properly. 

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

It bothers me because these hunting parties are usually 2 or 3 people and they will sacrifice everyone else in the lobby for a chance to kill Jason. If one of them is the host and none of them get to come back as Tommy they will quit and kill the lobby. 

That definitely sucks if your are a fellow counselor trying to escape.  They just wasted your time.

2 hours ago, SDA said:

I'm part of one of these groups- but I Jason, too. 

No, I do not envy the randoms who wander into our group of 5-7 and draw Jason... but I'm not thrilled with the part of the group whose egos are too fragile to ever be the 1 against the dirty 7, either. To that end, if your lobby quick loads in a bunch of people, just expect trouble.

Some feedback from someone familiar with the other side...interesting.  That's good of you to play Jason too.

2 hours ago, ZillaMeister said:

I've fought these teams before and won, barely. It is indeed a terrifying and daunting task to fight a seasoned hit squad who will stop at nothing to kill you. I tend to keep my distance from these players as much as possible.

Yea, bro.  Same.

2 hours ago, Methodicalize said:

Yup, same glitch saved my ass a couple of times lol.

3 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

By now I've been a part many "kill squad", from 4-5 players winging it, to ones with assigned roles, to solo in QP and "recruit" the random Tommy.  I've found the most effective ones to be with 3 skilled players, one designated sweater, one set-up guy who suicides, one who attempts to demask who otherwise suicides as well.   The set up guys plays an important roll since he/she will lay weapons, pk and healing sprays at the cabin entrance, then tank the trap at the shack.  Once Tommy is spawned, he and the designated can go together to grab the sweater with all resources needed at the shack.  Tommy can keep the gun to pin and open up Jason since a machete is already there. 

People are welcome to feel anyway about this, whether you enjoy the Challenge as Jason or feel its unfair and takes away from what this game is supposed to be.   The truth is this game has a mechanic where survivors can kill the killer, this is bound to happen, and a legitimate option to "survive" the map.

3 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

My experience has always been toxic, due to the group getting very angry hurling belligerent insults my way after time expires.   It baffles me why they would never leave even with cops called and vehicles fixed, and waste time chasing me all over the map.  The toxic behavior in the end game just tells me they are the ones who actually take the game too seriously because they could have easily left and started the next match.

I don't have much patience in a Jason that doesn't play, so I'd leave eventually if the option is available, but If you hide or become a fish, counselors have a right to berate you.  Do mommy proud, kill all counselors or die trying.  Don't be a bitch.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

And this thread is why it needs to be made EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to kill Jason!!!!!

While I do agree certain buff or fixes should be done to help Jason, I don't think it needs to be "EXTREMELY DIFFICULT".   Even the best of Jason should be killable against the right players, but how it is right now is too easy to "scam" a Jason.  Adjustments should be made to make it overall fair for both sides.

It does need to be extremely difficult because the devs promised it would only be 1 in 70 games that it would be possible to kill Jason, but now it's only 1 in 70 games Jason doesn't die.

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

It does need to be extremely difficult because the devs promised it would only be 1 in 70 games that it would be possible to kill Jason, but now it's only 1 in 70 games Jason doesn't die.

Do you think their initial statement was a typo, and this was how they intended it to be?

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Do you think their initial statement was a typo, and this was how they intended it to be?

No, one of the biggest things they tried to keep secret was how to kill Jason, and they promised it could only be done in 1 out of 70 games. Streamers who got early access ruined it.

Those lobbies end up getting blowen up most of the time in my experience. Please fight me. I enjoy the combat every once and a while. It can be a greater thrill then chasing loopers for twenty minutes. But that's just me.

If I know they’re gonna come after me, I just stay in my shack, and when they get there, they assume I’m AFK, then I grab the first counseler and start a battle in the shack. Then they quit!

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Pyegow said:

If I know they’re gonna come after me, I just stay in my shack, and when they get there, they assume I’m AFK, then I grab the first counseler and start a battle in the shack. Then they quit!

Metal as fuck.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

This is a bit of an exaggeration but not entirely untrue in regards to the rate Jason is being wiped out. I am definitely seeing it more often than one in seventy. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pyegow said:

Big mistake. Everything they need to kill you is right there, and they don’t need you for one of them to come back as Tommy. I know this from experience. 

But yeah, I’m always nervous when I get picked to be Jason the first round in a new lobby before I see how the other characters plan to play. I’ll leave a lobby if I see the attributes of a professional Jason kill squad. They’re not fun and to be frank, kind of assholes even if you aren’t Jason. Once, I got killed as Jason. Sucks, but hey I don’t let a stupid game define my self worth. I didn’t rage quit over it. A few rounds later, I died and came back as Tommy. Nobody was talking that I could hear on the walkie talkie, but could see on the map that several people were attacking Jason, and I knew none of them had a sweater. NONE of the objectives were completed, so I went about doing what I normally do and try to find parts. Within a few minutes they were all dead, so I gave up on that, hunkered down and juked Jason for about 5 minutes or so. After the match, the head Jason killer became a douche and kept harping on me why I just kept opening drawers and not help out. Kept telling him 1) nobody was talking on the walkie, 2) it looked like just a lobby full of tools tackling Jason head on without a decent back up plan, so fuck em!  But apparently to this douche there is no accounting for other play styles. I’m a repair guy, not an offense player. I thought this was over but after he killed Jason in the next round he started up on me again. So sorry you went one whole round without your precious Jason kill! I told him off and then “rage quit” while we were still waiting for the game to begin. At least that is probably how he took it.  I have just one rule: I don’t play willingly with assholes. 

Rant over. 

• Like 2