megaweenieman

So all the DBD comparisons/dev competition

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

People really just dumber in general nowadays. Most of the more popular games are pretty shallow and don't require much skill. 

100% agree. I've been playing Resident Evil since 96 and had sadly watched them dumb it down to fit this generation of kids who cannot solve puzzles after RE4. Now it's just another wham bam mindless shooter game that has no thought or creativity put into it. It was what made horror games great back then. They added puzzles to the mix and forced you to conserve ammo and sometimes having to just try to run away as the only option to escape rather than fighting. Same thing I'm seeing with F13. The children are complaining about how tough it is to fight Jason since day 1 and now they had to neuter Jason and make him a pinata. It is all because that is all they know. They don't know what horror games or the survival horror genre is. They think it should be another wham bam first person shooter game or a game like Mortal Kombat. Counselors are supposed to be SCREWED if they try and fight Jason. They shown a great example of that Julius boxer guy in Jason takes Manhattan and that idiot with Tommy hitting Jason in the back of the shovel in Jason Lives. Jason took the blows with no effect and dealt the fatal blow with no effort. He didn't get stunned for 10 seconds and then teabagged in the face by Tommy. You need to use other smarts to survive a Jason attack. Not to mention, the people doing all the hacking are kids to because an easy dumbed down game like this is still too hard for them. So they have to hack Vanessa to run around the map like the Flash with unlimited pocket knives because they are just too stupid to know how to develop skill to play the game honestly.

I've been watching this game when it was first announced that an F13 game was in the works. I remember seeing the videos of the little dots on the map and the plans on how it'll play out long before there was anything ingame wise ever created. Then suddenly, Dead By Deadlight popped up on Steam utilizing similar concepts. It was like one of those crappy Bootleg movies popping up for rental suddenly when popular movies are out still in theatre (Transformers and Transmorphers on Sci Fi Channel). DBD kinda reminded me of one of those. Some big company wanted to get in on the action to steal the hype of an F13 game and its unique concept being made beforehand. 

• Like 2

@gyaaft

You made a really good point about Friday the 13th elite players being big fish in a small pond. I think that hurts the game in the long run too as new players coming into the game are destroyed and become disinterested. Particularly new Jason players.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, gyaaft said:

I'll be the first to say that F13 has more potential for a variety of reasons, but at the present moment it's unfulfilled. The reason I've invested almost 500 hours into DbD is to better understand why they are so successful in comparison to F13. This way I can use that knowledge to help better this game. It bothers me when people discredit Dead by Daylight when they haven't invested any significant time into it.

When you come in here after your 11 hours of playtime and give your professional assessment, how does that help anyone? These knuckleheads that spout off "hooks and generators" and "killers that don't kill" have nothing to offer. The fact of the matter is this, that game is kicking our ass and with good reason. I am willing to invest my time to understand why.

Pro Tip: Come back here after you've invested 500 hours into Dead by Daylight and reached Rank 1. Then give us your professional assessment.

Professional assessment - pfffft stop please it's just a video game. Stop trying to act all superior because you sunk hours of your life into a game about fixing generators. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I'm not interested in how complex the leveling system is, the gameplay is repetitive. It's always the same generators and the same hooks, and if your the last one alive it's the same hatch.

Hmmm...yellow car, blue car, boat, police.  Yep, F13 has so many more aspects to the game than DbD ever will.

/sarcasm off

The games are similar, but they do have slightly different play styles.  This is the very first thread that I’ve read where everyone finally agrees on the differences.  I don’t really agree that there is any graphical superiority in either game, as they both look identical to me.  The only difference for me graphically is the fact that Illfonic doesn’t have the expertiece to make the graphics system perform better.

If I want to play a really competitive game, where knowing the metas, and fully understanding every aspect of the game will get you ahead, I’ll play DbD.  If I want to mellow out somewhat, and have a more jovial time, I’d play F13, if it was working correctly.  Does anyone remember Stargate Worlds?  Of course not, as it died in beta. The development team bit off more than it could chew, and what could have been an awesome game, died due to their inability to execute.  I truly hope Illfonic gets the FULL single player experience working, as it may be their only saving grace.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Here is my unbiased opinion on both...

1. F13 is far better graphically

2. DBD has far less glitches and bugs

3. Both have similar playstyles except that fact that stealth actually matters in DBD opposed to F13.

4. Characters are about the same amount of uniqueness in both but I’d give the edge to F13. I do however like that they gave each character a different voice when getting downed. Meg doesn’t have Claudette’s voice unlike how on F13 all the girls kill animations sound like AJ’s voice.

5. DBD’s presitge system is FAR better in terms of having something to do since you always buy something yet in F13 you get to Level 150 and roll perks and you’ve got nothing left to do

6. F13 has more kill varieties (obviously)

7. Both are similar due to being asymmetrical horror multiplayer

8. DBD is more competitive while F13 is more casual

Both have ups and downs, don’t bash one game to uplift another game.

I believe all the girls sounding like AJ when dying is just a bug they have yet to fix. 

DBD would be the better game if it wasn´t about that damn hooks. It´s just wrong to see MM hanging someone on a hook and then just let them die there. And a killer with a chainsaw? Rather watches his victims slowly dying on a hook instead of having a slash fest with the chainsaw?

This and the same escape routine all the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

DBD would be the better game if it wasn´t about that damn hooks. It´s just wrong to see MM hanging someone on a hook and then just let them die there. And a killer with a chainsaw? Rather watches his victims slowly dying on a hook instead of having a slash fest with the chainsaw?

This and the same escape routine all the time.

I agree. If you could just hunt down people as the killer in DbD I would play it more and it could go a long way to solve the face camping issue that the community hates so much. 

20 hours ago, gyaaft said:

The problem with many of you F13 fanboys

This one quote says all you need to know about this poster. No matter what arguments or evidence is presented, his opinion will stay biased. As a neutral players, I like different aspects of each game. I like dbd progression system, buy I like f13 kills and gameplay over dbd.

18 hours ago, gyaaft said:

I'll be the first to say that F13 has more potential for a variety of reasons, but at the present moment it's unfulfilled. The reason I've invested almost 500 hours into DbD is to better understand why they are so successful in comparison to F13. This way I can use that knowledge to help better this game. It bothers me when people discredit Dead by Daylight when they haven't invested any significant time into it.

When you come in here after your 11 hours of playtime and give your professional assessment, how does that help anyone? These knuckleheads that spout off "hooks and generators" and "killers that don't kill" have nothing to offer. The fact of the matter is this, that game is kicking our ass and with good reason. I am willing to invest my time to understand why.

Pro Tip: Come back here after you've invested 500 hours into Dead by Daylight and reached Rank 1. Then give us your professional assessment.

All the pro tips and hours in the world doesn't change the fact that DBD is still a game with 'Killers that don't kill...  with hooks and generators'.

Stop shitting the bed about popularity already.    Its not like the 1st game to Zero players wins a prize.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

People really just dumber in general nowadays. Most of the more popular games are pretty shallow and don't require much skill. 

Most of those "shallow" games are meant to help people relax, unwind and kill time. There's very little skill required to enjoy those games.

20 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

I still don't understand why people even bother comparing these games. Other than both of them being multiplayer horror survival games where one player is the killer and the rest are survivors, they are literally nothing alike, at all.

People love to compare things just because they can. The internet just gives those individuals a larger source of people to debate with.

19 hours ago, R.J MacReady said:

1. The person that made that quote is a mouthy prick, no need to throw shade when you're on top, sign of a poor winner.

2. They are unfortunately not wrong, the F13 devs need to really step up their game. 

Didn't think it was possible to fellate a video game, then I saw this post.

I never thought I'd see the day someone used the word "fellate" in a post. You get style points for that one. ?

18 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Well put. I was actually going to put my 2 cents in. I do agree that you should spend a decent amount of time playing a game to explore everything it has to offer in order to develop an opinion on it, and determine whether you like it or not. You don't have to play it non stop 24/7, unlock everything, and become a rank 1 pro, just to simply determine if you like it or not. And for the record, this is coming from a guy who has been playing Dead by daylight and F13 for nearly a year. I'm nowhere near being a rank 1 in Dead by daylight, but does that mean I can't have a valid opinion about it? No, of course not. That's like saying, I have to eat 5 bowls of a soup I've never tried before...just to see if I like it.

Most people can try something once and decide if they like it or not.

16 hours ago, Avanious said:

100% agree. I've been playing Resident Evil since 96 and had sadly watched them dumb it down to fit this generation of kids who cannot solve puzzles after RE4. Now it's just another wham bam mindless shooter game that has no thought or creativity put into it. It was what made horror games great back then. They added puzzles to the mix and forced you to conserve ammo and sometimes having to just try to run away as the only option to escape rather than fighting. Same thing I'm seeing with F13. The children are complaining about how tough it is to fight Jason since day 1 and now they had to neuter Jason and make him a pinata. It is all because that is all they know. They don't know what horror games or the survival horror genre is. They think it should be another wham bam first person shooter game or a game like Mortal Kombat. Counselors are supposed to be SCREWED if they try and fight Jason. They shown a great example of that Julius boxer guy in Jason takes Manhattan and that idiot with Tommy hitting Jason in the back of the shovel in Jason Lives. Jason took the blows with no effect and dealt the fatal blow with no effort. He didn't get stunned for 10 seconds and then teabagged in the face by Tommy. You need to use other smarts to survive a Jason attack. Not to mention, the people doing all the hacking are kids to because an easy dumbed down game like this is still too hard for them. So they have to hack Vanessa to run around the map like the Flash with unlimited pocket knives because they are just too stupid to know how to develop skill to play the game honestly.

I've been watching this game when it was first announced that an F13 game was in the works. I remember seeing the videos of the little dots on the map and the plans on how it'll play out long before there was anything ingame wise ever created. Then suddenly, Dead By Deadlight popped up on Steam utilizing similar concepts. It was like one of those crappy Bootleg movies popping up for rental suddenly when popular movies are out still in theatre (Transformers and Transmorphers on Sci Fi Channel). DBD kinda reminded me of one of those. Some big company wanted to get in on the action to steal the hype of an F13 game and its unique concept being made beforehand. 

I enjoy the older RE games for the same reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

All the pro tips and hours in the world doesn't change the fact that DBD is still a game with 'Killers that don't kill...  with hooks and generators'.

Stop shitting the bed about popularity already.    Its not like the 1st game to Zero players wins a prize.

The killers in DbD do kill. For example I have a perk that works off a hex totem for Freddy Kruger where if you hook a survivor and get further away than 24 meters and they get pulled down your perk gets a token and with 5 tokens you get to kill survivors by your own hand. There are also different offerings that allow you to kill survivors without hooking them. Anybody who makes that statement hasn't played DbD enough to know better. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Duckodb said:

The killers in DbD do kill. For example I have a perk that works off a hex totem for Freddy Kruger where if you hook a survivor and get further away than 24 meters and they get pulled down your perk gets a token and with 5 tokens you get to kill survivors by your own hand. There are also different offerings that allow you to kill survivors without hooking them. Anybody who makes that statement hasn't played DbD enough to know better. 

So grind away, then spend points on a one-time use kill, while it having some convoluted process attached? That is what killed it for me as well, my wife loves the game, but I have tried numerous times and can't get into it. Even with a cold one cracked open, a fat one twisted, and Slayer playing the game is just too simple and repetitive. I do love the progression system, and fact there is a reason to grind. Just wish they would drop the hooks, add more means of survival, give the killers multiple unique kills and environment kills, and give the killer 3rd person instead of being locked in 1st person.

• Thanks 1

Comparing the 2 games is stupid. And the only ones that do it are the idiotic fanboys on both sides trying to prove that one is better than the other. They are nothing alike. And I have fun playing them both. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

So grind away, then spend points on a one-time use kill, while it having some convoluted process attached? That is what killed it for me as well, my wife loves the game, but I have tried numerous times and can't get into it. Even with a cold one cracked open, a fat one twisted, and Slayer playing the game is just too simple and repetitive. I do love the progression system, and fact there is a reason to grind. Just wish they would drop the hooks, add more means of survival, give the killers multiple unique kills and environment kills, and give the killer 3rd person instead of being locked in 1st person.

The killer is supposed to kill, not have an easy job. The way the game is designed (two hits and the survivor is down and with certain instances it only takes one hit and the killer being slightly faster than the survivor) it would be WAY too easy for the killer. There are occurrences where you think to yourself “I hope the killer doesn’t look this way” and then he turns the opposite direction because STEALTH MATTERS. In F13 Jason is the terminator and if you are in music range (and sometimes out of music range) he’ll spot you because you glow red regardless. DBD is heaps and bounds better when it comes to pure survival and having a way that the survivors can blend into the background and evade the killer, you can’t do that in F13 without a perk and it is a RNG that determines whether you glow red or not. DBD is far more polished when it comes the survivors having a way to evade the killer and places to hide in plain sight. People bitch and moan that the counselors are supposed to “run and hide” and not fight back as much yet what are they gonna do? Jason is going to sense them anyways and stealth is useless...no point in hiding and running when you’ll run out of stamina and get sensed anyways. I love F13 and have been playing it since the release back last May but there are many ways to improve the counselors and Jason.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Duckodb said:

The killers in DbD do kill. For example I have a perk

Im talking about Killers that can kill at any level, without perks...  anytime they feel like it.      

I played about 30 matches with Leather Face, i never killed anyone and never got a perk/mori .    Only fun i've ever had with Leather Face is camping hooks and swinging my chainsaw at them.. while they send me RAGE messages about being a noob for not allowing them to be easily saved. 

I understand that special perks/items do give killers special permission to kill.   But thats not how these iconic killers are supposed to behave.

Its fun to play hide and seek with Myers and Leather Face.  But theres really no big pay off.    

F13th is just designed to play out like the best part of a Horror Movie.  Counselors getting picked off one by one while others try and escape. The game is designed for players to die.

DBD is just feels like a structured game with killers in it.  And seems to not want players to die in order to prolong its game play.  (For example, hitting someone with a quick attack makes the killer slow down and wipe their weapon)

Theres just no way to really compare these games.  Take a look at Pine Hurst compared to the Michael Myers Map.     Pine Hurst looks like something straight out of a Movie while Myers Map looks like some very basic/generic street map with no authenticity.

Again.. Dbd does have a better progression system.   But whats the point of a progression system in NON RPGS?    Progression systems in non RPG simply leads to extreme imbalances with experience players having all the best perks/items with lower level players having less experience and having barely anything.

• Sad 1

On 5/3/2018 at 10:35 PM, bewareofbears said:

@gyaaft

You made a really good point about Friday the 13th elite players being big fish in a small pond. I think that hurts the game in the long run too as new players coming into the game are destroyed and become disinterested. Particularly new Jason players.

This is a very valid point.

DbD is really nothing like F13 besides being an asymmetric survival game. If we look at the developmental side of things, DbD is making leaps and bounds faster in terms of fixing game issues. F13 suffers quite a lot in that regard. I think both games have their merits on a case-by-case basis. In most regards, I find F13 to be superior to DbD. BUT, DbD has it where it counts to keep players interested.

1) More frequent fixes and updates.

2) Deeper progression and involvement for players of both survivors and killers.

3) Ease of access. The "Git Gud" power curve is largely non-existent when compared to F13 for survivor play. Counselors in F13 have a big learning curve to ensure survival and reduce frustration.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, SteveChristy said:

DBD continues to be a source of confusion to me. Nevermind my avid Friday fandom. As a lifelong gamer I cannot fathom why anyone chooses DBD over Friday the 13th. I even saw someone in this forum recently say something to the effect of "Friday has no variety/replay value compared to DBD."

MIND. BLOWN.

Who woulda thought a game about repairing generators could be so much fun. I guess I'm missing something.

i feel you bud. How anybody can say with a straight face that DBD is better than F13 in any way possible is beyond me. hell, I even tried playing with friends in discord to liven DBD up, and we all agreed that DBD just is not fun at all. To hell with the gameplay aspect, there is no argument that a DBD fanboy can bring to the table that can convince me that that game is at all fun to play. 3 or 4 games in and I'm out. Give me this broken, unbalanced FUN game anytime!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, humerabi said:

i feel you bud. How anybody can say with a straight face that DBD is better than F13 in any way possible is beyond me. hell, I even tried playing with friends in discord to liven DBD up, and we all agreed that DBD just is not fun at all. To hell with the gameplay aspect, there is no argument that a DBD fanboy can bring to the table that can convince me that that game is at all fun to play. 3 or 4 games in and I'm out. Give me this broken, unbalanced FUN game anytime!

Hey humerabi, you're a great Friday player, very good Jason and really cool dude. One of the problems with Dead by Daylight is that it requires a significant time investment before you get to the "fun." It's a flaw for sure. Once you start unlocking the meta perks the game really opens up and becomes a lot more rewarding. Unfortunately for newcomers, it can take several hundred hours of playtime to unlock enough teachable perks to allow participation in the meta. 

You only have 18 hours invested into Dead by Daylight so you've never reached the "fun." They're currently catering to a player base that has been playing their game for almost 2 years. I would never recommend Dead by Daylight to a friend with limited playtime because there is simply too much of a time investment required before you can play the game in a meaningful way.

I'm not a Dead by Daylight fanboy. I love both games. I think there is value in learning what both sides do well and what they don't do so well. That information can then be used to help improve Friday the 13th overall. It's not about which game is "better" as those arguments lead nowhere. It's about what each game does "right" and how that information can be used to benefit the other side.

Just like most of the people who've commented in this thread, you simply don't have enough playtime to contribute anything more meaningful than "F13 is better." At the end of the day I'm only interested in making F13 the best game that we can make it. Not starting some stupid flame war.

15 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

You only have 18 hours invested into Dead by Daylight so you've never reached the "fun." 

Just like most of the people who've commented in this thread, you simply don't have enough playtime to contribute anything more meaningful than "F13 is better." At the end of the day I'm only interested in making F13 the best game that we can make it. Not starting some stupid flame war.

You don't need much playtime in DBD to understand their entire game play is built around Hooks and Generators.   

I've dumped in about 40 hours into DBD..    After the 1st few hours of playing DBD i have pretty much scene everything the game had to offer.  Its not like DBD has a golden platter of kills to play with for the killers..  

To say that DBD gets more enjoyable after spending 100 hours doesn't really make sense.. Nothing changes in the game besides players getting more/different perks and items.     Unless players are into progression and perk/items grinding the game doesn't really offer much outside of that.  But it still comes down to hooks and generators.

And for players like me.. I prefer my grinding/leveling in RPGS.  So DBD progression system has no hold over me.

• Sad 1

You don't need much playtime in DBD to understand their entire game play is built around Hooks and Generators. 

That's as fruitless as saying that F13's gameplay is built around cabins and vehicles. I'm not sure what your point is.

I've dumped in about 40 hours into DBD..    After the 1st few hours of playing DBD i have pretty much scene everything the game had to offer.  Its not like DBD has a golden platter of kills to play with for the killers..  

After 40 hours of F13 did you see pretty much everything the game had to offer? There are only 5 unique maps and 3 ways to escape. I know you like the kill variety in F13, but that only masks the same repetitive gameplay. It's either slash, grab or shift grab into a standard kill animation or an environmental. Anyone here not seen all the kills a hundred times over yet?

To say that DBD gets more enjoyable after spending 100 hours doesn't really make sense.. Nothing changes in the game besides players getting more/different perks and items.     Unless players are into progression and perk/items grinding the game doesn't really offer much outside of that.  But it still comes down to hooks and generators.

The meta perks change everything. For example, the Self Care perk allows you to heal yourself without a med-kit. It's an absolute game changer. On the killer side there's Hex: Ruin which really slows generator progression and Barbecue & Chili which reveals survivor locations after you hook someone. Does F13 become considerably more fun after you unlock Epic Thick Skinned, Medic and Swift Attacker perks? How long does it take to unlock them?

It takes time to become skilled at the game and rank up. The level of skill and teamplay at the higher ranks is just amazing. That's the beauty of a ranking system with intelligent matchmaking. I can go play a game of F13 right now and have my 700+ hours matched up against a Jason who only has 10 hours playtime. I can then proceed to kite him for the entire match while stunning him at will and then tea-bag him each time. After which he will close the game and go play something else. I'm sure we've lost countess players for this exact reason. 2 million people bought this game, where are they all?

But like you said, it all comes down to hooks and generators, cabins and vehicles, right?

And for players like me.. I prefer my grinding/leveling in RPGS.  So DBD progression system has no hold over me.

That's fine if that's is your preference. It's certainly debatable, but I feel a more meaningful progression system could help grow the player base and help us to retain players in the long run.

• Thanks 1

well all the going on about how great the system is doesn´t change the fact that hooking someone as MM instead of stabbing them like it should be is highly unsatisfying. Freddy just hooking someone? That´s basically an insult to the nightmare franchise.

I don´t play a game about horroricons and killing with different murders to have ALL of them killing the same way. Fk the so called "story" behind the hooks. it´s lame.

I rather play none of both than having to choose between a bug/cheatfest and a generic game that is about grinding and ranking. Bugs and cheats could be handled with tough. Could. i know it´s unlikely.

17 minutes ago, gyaaft said:

That's as fruitless as saying that F13's gameplay is built around cabins and vehicles. I'm not sure what your point is.

After 40 hours of F13 did you see pretty much everything the game had to offer? There are only 5 unique maps and 3 ways to escape. I know you like the kill variety in F13, but that only masks the same repetitive gameplay. It's either slash, grab or shift grab into a standard kill animation or an environmental. Anyone here not seen all the kills a hundred times over yet?

It takes time to become skilled at the game and rank up. The level of skill and teamplay at the higher ranks is just amazing. That's the beauty of a ranking system with intelligent matchmaking. I can go play a game of F13 right now and have my 700+ hours matched up against a Jason who only has 10 hours playtime. I can then proceed to kite him for the entire match while stunning him at will and tea-bagging him each time. After which he will close the game and go play something else. I'm sure we've lost countess players for this exact reason. 2 million people bought this game, where are they all?

But like you said, it all comes down to hook and generators, cabins and vehicles, right?

F13th  is really built around killing stupid counselors..   

Vehicles are just their to give counselors a reason to run around and fix them, to try and escape.  Cabins are just part of F13th.    Really you could remove all the game objectives (Vehicles and cops) and the core game play stays the same.   (Which is killing counselors)

Unlike DBD removing Hooks and Generator would basically break the game since its the main point of the game.

Theres over 60+ kills in F13th.     Really, the Jason player needs to play more like an Artist and less of a  try hard/efficient player to actually make the game enjoyable for everyone.  The right kill at the right time is pure gold.   Head punch/slasher spammers are ones that make the game boring.

Also i don't troll Newbie Jason..  But i do agree that idiots like that do hurt the game.  I take it easy on new Jason and try to make the game fun.

2 million people bought this game..  Where are they all?   Probably playing this game a few hours a week....  because this game really is best in small doses when being played casually.

I see this game being played for a long  time...by many players. But i just don't ever see this game having huge numbers of these same players playing non stop for hours and hours a day.

Ya a better progression system could push more players to play.. But are they playing for fun OR are they just playing to level?

IMO after this next big update.  Gun needs to just start pumping out more KILLS.   And push the game way past 100+ kills.  And stick to what makes F13th a great slasher flick party game..   Just as Slasher Flicks are great party movies.

19 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

F

2 million people bought this game..  Where are they all?   Probably playing this game a few hours a week....  because this game really is best in small doses when being played casually.

They play PvP games where cheaters and trolls can´t just do what they want. I know i am repeating myself but a completly unmonitored PvP just can´t work out. Even 1000+ kills can´t change that. No new content can.

I tried to come back a few times. Never needed more than 2 games to run across a cheater or someone heavily trolling. Nice fun. And you wonder where the people are? No small doses of comeback for me unless they figure out how to deal with cheaters/trolls.

And no EAC doesn´t help, that´s like a safe with diamonds and not beeing able to lock it but putting a sign with "pls don´t steal" on it. Neither does Jasonkillsbugsl.com, bans don´t happen. Unless you are stupid enough to get caught by the EAC, wich is basically impossible with more than two working braincells.

31 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

They play PvP games where cheaters and trolls can´t just do what they want. I know i am repeating myself but a completly unmonitored PvP just can´t work out. Even 1000+ kills can change that. No new content can.

I tried to come back a few times. Never needed more than 2 games to run across a cheater or someone heavily trolling. Nice fun. And you wonder where the people are?

GTA O is buggy troll infested unbalanced mess ..   Yet that game is still one of the most popular games ever made.  

I mean really..  If they added 1000+ kills to this game.  Id never get bored.

As a counselor i set the bar real low.  I go into every game expecting to be killed and trying to move up from there.   Some people go into every game expecting to escape and not be killed, and those are the ones that RAGE the most.

The most fun to be had in this game..  Is when people play as intended but also understand that dying is part of the fun and not take things that seriously.

People who troll Jason...are shit heads.  But the people who can't enjoy themselves as counselors and take things to seriously also sort of ruin the game.

For example... Some people HATE costumes and can't stand the Bunny Outfit.   Me, when playing as Jason.. i leave the bunny girl for last.  I never ever get tired of chasing a bunny girl around for a few mins..  And then having my way with her.  Herding her near good spot for a classy kill..lol

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Unlike DBD removing Hooks and Generator would basically break the game since its the main point of the game.

I disagree with this. One of the most fun and rewarding aspects of Dead by Daylight is evading the killer. Using the environment to hide, shifting around objects as a killer walks by searching for you is thrilling. That would remain perfectly intact without hooks or generators. The game would never end, but that's another story.

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Head punch/slasher spammers are ones that make the game boring.

Head punch and asphyxiate both need to be reworked. From a "try-hard" competitive standpoint you'd be foolish not to use both of them. Asphyxiate is able to be executed in a very small space, this should be counterbalanced by making it the longest kill animation. It's obviously designed for new players, but it gets exploited. Head punch is the fastest kill so you really can't blame people for using it. It's another kill that could benefit from having the duration extended to encourage more variety.

As to your other points, they are a bit more constructive than I've seen from you in the past so I'll take it.