This does not make sense to me, why would you have a increasing repair speed with a medic perk ? I think the perks were fine with the exception of a few worthless ones like potent ranger. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DJDonnelly94 said:

So what one is the pocket knife perk?

I read somewhere (but I can't find it now) that the image that was posted of that the so-called "pocket knife" perk is actually labeled in the game code as "Weapon Expert", so it probably has nothing to do with starting with a pocket knife. Plus, they just reduced the number of knives in the game, so this would be counter-intuitive.

On a related note, that "crystal ball" perk image that was going around is just an earlier version of "Psychic".

can see how they might be trying (without actually discussing/debating the topic), to introduce new perk combos, but I do think they need to seriously refine some of the legendary roll % figures, anything damage related I do think would need a median of about 10% to actually show a visible impact in-game, and I agree that increasing the speed at which the prompt completes the circle is not actually helpful to any counselor as each time you hit one of the wedges correctly the prompt increases speed, it would be more beneficial if it reduced the number of checks along the circle, or increased the width of prompts, alternatively any legendary perk roll that is to assist repair could give something like a 5 % chance that failing a skill check does not alert Jason

If they are designing a new perk system and this is the first step, it would be good to know. That would have been an update worth discussing. Right now we need more info, I am looking forward to experimenting with new combos.

32 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If they are designing a new perk system and this is the first step, it would be good to know. That would have been an update worth discussing. Right now we need more info, I am looking forward to experimenting with new combos.

Well, if you're interested, I've come up with a few combos of my own.

11 hours ago, Trident77 said:

There are some interesting things here. For starters, "No Fear" Jenny builds might be slightly easier to do since theoretically you need at least 20% overall fear reduction from perks to get the effect. So in other words, if you only needed a few more points, certain legendary perks now grant overall fear reduction. Controlled Breathing; Grinder; Level Headed; these aren't great perks, but the legendary bonuses could help top off the build until you get maxed epics for both Preparedness as well as Nerves of Steel.

For A.J., she's capable of sprinting silently if she has at least 11% on the Light Foot perk. With legendary Heavy Sleeper and/or Scout, she can reach that threshold a bit easier (and Scout is slightly useful if you're trying to disarm traps, so there's that at least). It might even be possible to have Tiffany sprint completely silent as well if the legendary bonuses with a maxed epic Lightfoot do the trick, although this will have to be tested.

Otherwise, some of the legendary bonuses are kinda useless (more damage on legendary sucker punch...yeah), but at the same exact time the bonuses aren't too great to grant major advantages for the counselors. Moreso they'll be useful for topping off special builds like the ones mentioned above.

19 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

Well, if you're interested, I've come up with a few combos of my own.

Yeah your post was actually one I thought of when writing, there is stuff to discuss but I'll have to pick the conversation up with you later. 

It does feel like it has another layer we haven't had explained, there's a pattern there I just can't quite see. 

Any chance the patch will come out before May 12th? Or it will come out before or after June 10? I'm about to be gone for a while and there's only two dates this entire upcoming summer I'm going to be able to play this game after this week :( 

@ShiftySamurai, could you tell us how big the new perk library is. The screen shot from the original announcement implies the library of perks you have, may be larger then before, is it going to be? 

Preemptive Thanks

1 minute ago, MadMike said:

@AdmiralJT Thanks for the clarification!  What did the perk do in the beta?

Started you with a pocket knife.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This post is frustrating, I find the updated list useful but the other info isn't useful info. 

Please take the time to answer the concerns that have been raised, or give a better explanation for specific perks at least. 

Edit

I've slept on it and decided to come back and clarify my frustration. It's my own fault in a way, I was happy with the way the single player challenges was announced. The trailer, a breakdown a few weeks later. The breakdown tells us the most important thing - how many we're getting, that info is satisfying because most of us thought less were coming. As a bonus tease we were treated to the names of the emotes, this generated lots of convo and speculation. 

The perks are a different case, there is convo to be had and some speculation that can be done. Just not enough information about how it will effect game play, I think after we have the update we'll have lots to say about them. The write up also gives less explanation in general, we like hearing from Shifty, but when it's a sentence that seem tacked on, the list below hasn't been invested in or explored. Going back and looking at the two, I think one gets me involved, and the other still leaves me thinking, what am I looking at. A list of perks doesn't get me invested, and the lack of other information left me frustrated. 

I glad I came back, I feel much better knowing why the announcement was so frustrating. I would still like more info on a few of the perks or combos, some of them seem odd. If there're any more notes that you could share it would be appreciated.

How many challenges are we getting? I never noticed anything mention how many so if we're getting more than most expected that's friggen awesome. 

Edit: Nevermind just checked the skull ovjective post. I only glanced over the skull icon explanation so didn't notice it showing off the how many challenges there were below it. 10 seems pretty good! Hopefully the first one is just a tutorial sorta thing cause I want some bigger meaty ones to handle too. Excited for that either way!

These are...not good. Most of them are just 1-3%. Doesn't even seem worth re-rolling perks to try for Legendary.

When are you guys just going to trash this perk system and rework it completely?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sogreth said:

These are...not good. Most of them are just 1-3%. Doesn't even seem worth re-rolling perks to try for Legendary.

When are you guys just going to trash this perk system and rework it completely?

They're not going to, which is a shame.  If they were going to do it, they'd have done it during this period of massive delay. 

As awesome as this game is, it's even more frustrating that certain aspects like this are so poorly-implemented.  Read any forum member's opinions on how perks could be earned and you will see a better implementation than how they're currently earned.

Glad to see my question answered of whether or not the bonus stat is the same for each perk. Thanks, ShiftySamurai.

Adrenaline Rush, with the bonus to stamina is an option at legendary. And now, Easy listening at legendary is an option for those dance party people.

Slugger and Firecracker with melee attack speed bonus makes that an option, especially for badge progress.

Heavy hitter, Man at arms and Sucker punch got an upgrade to weapon damage.

Swift attacker gets a bonus to stun time, sweet!

And Speed demon got a huge upgrade of a sprint speed bonus. So vehicles driven solo go faster, repair speed goes down which is good. And now legendary gives a bonus to sprint speed! My Chad thanks you for that!

Thick skin, bonus to trap escape is a tactical addition. Not bad.

Otherwise, not so good....

Evasion got a bonus of 1-3% to avoid sense, that's inconsequential because the only reason to use dodge is to cancel with a sidestep. And a max bonus of 3% is useless, it just is. Maybe if that was a 3% to escape a grab? Hmmm.

Medic gets a repair speed boost? Not cool!

Marathon, swim speed? Ugh.... That should have been sprint speed, or stam regeneration.

I will say, step in the right direction! But, it can be better. Can we implement a percentage chance to get a better quality perk for player levels? Like .5% per level? Max level 75% chance to get a rare or higher? That would make grinding levels, and rolling perks a WHOLE lot better! And at Max level, I won't be rolling poor quality perks four times in a row! This game has so much untapped potential, they are on the right track. Now, with the upcoming engine and goodies so close. We'll see what the new engine can do, and with a few tweaks and turns this game will be even better. Glad I've been along for the ride! Good job to the crew so far, can't wait to get into the new digs.

56 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Marathon, swim speed? Ugh.... That should have been sprint speed, or stam regeneration.

I actually kinda like this. I'm working on my boating badges and often times I have to swim nearly to the gate to get the boat. Both swim perks + marathon on AJ is what I've been using.

4 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I actually kinda like this. I'm working on my boating badges and often times I have to swim nearly to the gate to get the boat. Both swim perks + marathon on AJ is what I've been using.

Cool, I was just hoping for sprint speed. Already swim speed for Motorboating, Quiet swimmer and marathon. They put sprint speed on speed demon, nothing else. That's cool though, i'b be happy to get one anyway.

15 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Cool, I was just hoping for sprint speed. Already swim speed for Motorboating, Quiet swimmer and marathon. They put sprint speed on speed demon, nothing else. That's cool though, i'b be happy to get one anyway.

I think they didn't do it that way to avoid a making a more lethal combination of marathon and restful. This way no one can get all the running benefits with just 2 perks.

20 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I think they didn't do it that way to avoid a making a more lethal combination of marathon and restful. This way no one can get all the running benefits with just 2 perks.

True, I guess I was just hoping for them to stick to the longer running motif of Marathon. Like, a 1-5% decrease in stamina consumption while sprinting. I expect too much sometimes, lol.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:07 PM, Thatguyinktown said:

Wow, I can't wait to never get these when I roll!

Same here, i always getting the gray one!

The Perks I care about have the least useful stats for me

Oh well, I'll stick to Almost Rare ones.