1 minute ago, JarMa13 said:

lol what do 1-3 and 2-5 even mean? 

This info is useless. 

You ruined the game because of whiners who cried to you instead of upping their game. 

I still got 8/8 when cars started in half the time and my dads a cop cut it nearly in half. 

Youve made some mistakes placating babies.  

Weapon swapping is the worst idea ever.  Each Jason should have 10 unique kills,  not swap weapons. 

Weapon swaping is the best idea that 90% of the player base wanted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, JarMa13 said:

lol what do 1-3 and 2-5 even mean? 

This info is useless. 

It's the dumbing down of gaming. Every stat in this game is useless because they vary from one character to the next. They are just general ideas with no fixed numbers associated with them.

Just now, NekoJubei said:

Umm what does VoIP stands for?

Voice over internet protocol

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Voice over internet protocol

Oh well.... That’s useful 

Thanks anyway ((:

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

1.  What I am not understanding is how 1-3 or 2-5 bonus is going to make any meaningful difference. It is basically like attaching the poorest of poor perks. I doubt you’ll even be able to tell if it’s working unless you are susceptible to placebo effect.

2.   Additionally, some of the bonuses are just nonsensical. Not going to go through them all here, but let’s randomally pick Sucker Punch with increased melee damage. What do you equip sucker punch for? More chance of stun. How much damage do stun hits do? Using heavy axe for this example, 2-5 damage. Congratulations, Legendary has just added 0.15 damage to your stun hit (at max). 🍌

1. There are a lot of folks that are susceptible to placebo. LOL. 1-3% or 2-5% bonus is essentially meaningless. As Ben said, here is your complimentary coffee.

2. I saw that too. You equip Sucker Punch to stun. Stuns deal almost no damage. Grants bonus to damage with the weapon. A tiny percentage of almost nothing is still almost nothing.

To GUN Media/Illfonic:

niui2.jpg

This post is frustrating, I find the updated list useful but the other info isn't useful info. 

Please take the time to answer the concerns that have been raised, or give a better explanation for specific perks at least. 

Edit

I've slept on it and decided to come back and clarify my frustration. It's my own fault in a way, I was happy with the way the single player challenges was announced. The trailer, a breakdown a few weeks later. The breakdown tells us the most important thing - how many we're getting, that info is satisfying because most of us thought less were coming. As a bonus tease we were treated to the names of the emotes, this generated lots of convo and speculation. 

The perks are a different case, there is convo to be had and some speculation that can be done. Just not enough information about how it will effect game play, I think after we have the update we'll have lots to say about them. The write up also gives less explanation in general, we like hearing from Shifty, but when it's a sentence that seem tacked on, the list below hasn't been invested in or explored. Going back and looking at the two, I think one gets me involved, and the other still leaves me thinking, what am I looking at. A list of perks doesn't get me invested, and the lack of other information left me frustrated. 

I glad I came back, I feel much better knowing why the announcement was so frustrating. I would still like more info on a few of the perks or combos, some of them seem odd. If there're any more notes that you could share it would be appreciated.

34 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This post is frustrating, I find the updated list useful but the other info isn't useful info. 

Please take the time to answer the concerns that have been raised, or give a better explanation for specific perks at least. 

Chin up, buttercup. 🐻

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Chin up, buttercup. 🐻

Don't know how I feel about you calling me buttercup, lol.

I do like the bear though, he's adorable. 

I expressed my frustration, I'm good now. I can wait for feedback, it is night for most of us. 

They could have just posted this stuff up when legendary perks were first announced.

I'm getting the feeling that they are running out of ideas to talk about.

Jenny Myers for the win)
Medic - Repair Speed
Sucker Punch - Increased Melee Damage                              
Swift Attacker - Increased Stun Time

• Thanks 1

There are some interesting things here. For starters, "No Fear" Jenny builds might be slightly easier to do since theoretically you need at least 20% overall fear reduction from perks to get the effect. So in other words, if you only needed a few more points, certain legendary perks now grant overall fear reduction. Controlled Breathing; Grinder; Level Headed; these aren't great perks, but the legendary bonuses could help top off the build until you get maxed epics for both Preparedness as well as Nerves of Steel.

For A.J., she's capable of sprinting silently if she has at least 11% on the Light Foot perk. With legendary Heavy Sleeper and/or Scout, she can reach that threshold a bit easier (and Scout is slightly useful if you're trying to disarm traps, so there's that at least). It might even be possible to have Tiffany sprint completely silent as well if the legendary bonuses with a maxed epic Lightfoot do the trick, although this will have to be tested.

Otherwise, some of the legendary bonuses are kinda useless (more damage on legendary sucker punch...yeah), but at the same exact time the bonuses aren't too great to grant major advantages for the counselors. Moreso they'll be useful for topping off special builds like the ones mentioned above.

The enitre perk system is pretty lame and this really doesn’t help. IllFonic admitted they put no thought into it so should we expect that there was actually a real process or debate here by them to improve the game? I’d say no.

I think what we’re seeing here is @ShiftySamurai stuck killing time while the update is delayed. It’s pretty obvious Gun was hoping for the update to drop in April considering the info released. My guess is IllFonic needs more time to put zero thought into perks and balance (which again, they have admitted). But hey- darker and shinier, right? 

I, for one am excited. It'll be cool to see what difference this makes. Yes, 1-3 or 2-5% seems negligible but It'll give me a reason to try perks I never would have otherwise. 

BTW... does this mean no new perks being introduced?  I was hoping we'd see some new effects entirely. Like bigger skill check boxes or an actual boost to speed and not just stamina...

• Thanks 1

Jason definitely needs a buff now to counteract this..... 😂

• Like 1

I was looking forward to these perks, but I'm sure the little percentage the legendary bonus will offer won't actually be noticeable. Comparing the pre-nerf heavy hitter to the bonus stat for swift attacker - which heavy hitter only gave a couple seconds difference at the high percentage it had, that means 1-3% will not make a difference at all. We need stats at least in the 10-20% range to see a difference.

I'm disappointed. I think at this point I'm done with the game. This was the only thing in the update worth looking forward to.

The game as it stands with Jason being ridiculously broken, full of bugs, cheaters and teamers. It's just not fun anymore.

19 minutes ago, JayDoesGames said:

I was looking forward to these perks, but I'm sure the little percentage the legendary bonus will offer won't actually be noticeable. Comparing the pre-nerf heavy hitter to the bonus stat for swift attacker - which heavy hitter only gave a couple seconds difference at the high percentage it had, that means 1-3% will not make a difference at all. We need stats at least in the 10-20% range to see a difference.

I'm disappointed. I think at this point I'm done with the game. This was the only thing in the update worth looking forward to.

The game as it stands with Jason being ridiculously broken, full of bugs, cheaters and teamers. It's just not fun anymore.

If you're disappointed about the legendary perks not being better, you show know it's for the best that the perks remain watered down.

Counselors have several advantages over Jason as of now, especially in regards to combat such as Jason not having any real tool to deal with mobs. If there was suddenly even better perks that granted good bonuses, that could become a serious problem balance wise.

• Thanks 1

The reality...

1. Only 4-5 perks worth a damn

2. This update will probably break the existing perks again anyway

I'm not going to pretend to be excited by the legendary perk details, but I really don't see the big deal here.  Sure, I would have rather received new information about the update release or something like that, but this is better than nothing.  In the past,  people have been complaining about how weak Jason is and how much he needs a buff and cannot handle groups of counselors; now, people seem to be complaining that these perks don't do enough to buff counselors who didn't need any more buffing anyway.  Clearly it is impossible to please everyone. Weapon swapping, Single Player Challenges, the new counselor, and the potential fixes brought by the upgrade are the things I am most looking forward to.  This "Legendary Perk" addition is just like a free gift with purchase that wasn't necessarily needed anyway, so I don't see the big deal. 

I was surprised to see people starting to complain about weapon swapping, too.  I really don't see how this does anything but add more choice and variety to the game, which is a good thing.  Some of my favorite kills are the machete kills (especially the ones I paid extra for) and I currently never get to use them because they are attached to a Jason I don't particularly like to use.  The only thing weapon swapping does is expand choice in the game and offer more Jason customization.  I don't think that is going to have any real consequences in terms of Jason's overall power or balance.  As long as Jason strengths and weaknesses are not changing with weapons (and as I understand it they do not change),  if you suck at being Jason with a pickaxe, chances are you are still going to suck with that Jason no matter what weapon you are using.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

What I am not understanding is how 1-3 or 2-5 bonus is going to make any meaningful difference. It is basically like attaching the poorest of poor perks. I doubt you’ll even be able to tell if it’s working unless you are susceptible to placebo effect.

Additionally, some of the bonuses are just nonsensical. Not going to go through them all here, but let’s randomally pick Sucker Punch with increased melee damage. What do you equip sucker punch for? More chance of stun. How much damage do stun hits do? Using heavy axe for this example, 2-5 damage. Congratulations, Legendary has just added 0.15 damage to your stun hit (at max). 🍌

Such low % added hardly is a difference I agree, it's like when players get excited using Grinder perk for added xp...even Epic Grinder is nothing. 

Legendary Perks don't look amazing at all,  I might want a few of them like Swift Attacker, Sucker punch, & Thick Skin but that's about it. 

How would you balance perks like Medic which come off as a bit too strong? Perhaps a -15% movement speed or something?