Should there be more than one of the same counselor in game? Why?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be more than one of the same counselor in a match?

• Yes
    • No

I dont think so for balancing reasons. Counselors should be random to encourage different play styles and teamwork.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I dont think so for balancing reasons. Counselors should be random to encourage different play styles.

Ah - No!  I realize many people prefer to play as Jason. I am not one of those persons and love to play as Vanessa.  She has elephant feet and can hardly fix anything but with the right perks - I enjoy playing as her and rarely choose some of the others.  Most Jason player find their favorite and play only as one Jason - Jason's should not get a choice if counselors don't.  The advantage is already Jason's in this game and forcing counselors to play as someone they don't want to play unbalances the side to Jason even more.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FastVanessa said:

Ah - No!  I realize many people prefer to play as Jason. I am not one of those persons and love to play as Vanessa.  She has elephant feet and can hardly fix anything but with the right perks - I enjoy playing as her and rarely choose some of the others.  Most Jason player find their favorite and play only as one Jason - Jason's should not get a choice if counselors don't.  The advantage is already Jason's in this game and forcing counselors to play as someone they don't want to play unbalances the side to Jason even more.

no it doesn't its your fault for sticking to one counselor same goes for those that play as same jason model all the time players should switch it up sometimes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I dont think so for balancing reasons. Counselors should be random to encourage different play styles.

At the moment, you have two surefire options for different counselors in a match.

1. Play Private Match with people who feel the same as you, and will agree to play as different counselors.

2. Play Offline mode where every match is guaranteed to be have different counselors.

2 hours ago, FastVanessa said:

When this game was first announced, many people were very excited to be able to play as Jason. Over time, some people still felt that way, while others have changed their preference to playing as counselors.

2 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

no it doesn't its your fault for sticking to one counselor same goes for those that play as same jason model all the time players should switch it up sometimes 

Let people play whichever character they prefer. If they like one specific Jason, let them be that Jason. If they have a fondness for a certain counselor, let them have their fun as that counselor. If they tire of the character they played as continuously, they can switch to someone else.

You think it doesn't take long enough to find a lobby as it is now?  Now you have to wait to find a session that has both an empty slot AND no one currently loaded in with your character choice?  Yeah, no...

I'm all for people learning how to play the different characters successfully.  I chose to go random in private matches with friends so I can really see what tactics are useful and which are not, and eliminating the variable that my success was based on an inexperienced Jason.  And I'm eager to use characters I didn't use when leveling up to 150: Buggsy, Vanessa, Tiffany, LaChappa; those were all characters I avoided in QP because they don't fit my natural playstyle, and I couldn't depend on other QP players to actually do repairs. 

But to ask that there are further limitations that affect how long it takes to find a lobby even as the player count continues to dip?:

I enjoy duplicate counselors tbh, my friend and I run twinning Tiffany, like the movie. And may or may not refer to each other as Tina and Teri...I may or may not be Tina...

Duplicated counselors should be kept. Matchmaking would be annoying af, period. Unless Gun Media makes an entire gamemode just for no duplicate counselors. 

Point's been made before, the ultimate conclusion being that it would be unworkable. People would most likely quit if forced to play counselors they didn't want to. The burden on matchmaking just wouldn't be worth it.

7 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Point's been made before, the ultimate conclusion being that it would be unworkable. People would most likely quit if forced to play counselors they didn't want to. The burden on matchmaking just wouldn't be worth it.

I suppose youre right

Yea duplicate counselors should be in the game...maybe I don’t wanna be stuck playing Vanessa for five rounds in a row like I already am everytime I pick random. I don’t stick with one character all the time, I switch it up...let people play the counselor they want to play, just because YOU don’t like chasing a lobby full of Vanessa, Buggzy, Tiffany, and Chad doesn’t mean you have to suck the fun out of it for seven people. It would just divide the playerbase even more than it already is.

I don’t think but their always a twins tbh they are cute

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

They shouldn’t. It’s not their fault. Grammar is thing. 

That rule would make firing matches nearly impossible. I don't dislike the idea as some game mode but forcing people to play a counselor they don't want to play would probably be a death blow to the game. Though I agree with Pioneer that they should learn to play as multiple counselors (helps keep the game far more interesting) nobody should be forced to do so.

On 5/3/2018 at 3:40 PM, MsJones-23 said:

I don’t think but their always a twins tbh they are cute

No?

I understand that seeing 4 Vanessa's can maybe breal immersion, but forcing people to play as a certain character would be a quick way to kill off the game. What could help though are more outfit choices and maybe even hairstyles. That way it may be 4 Vanessa's, but they'd at least vary in appearance.

This shouldn’t be an issue but it actually is. There a dozens counselors yet we continue to see the same 5 being used every match. 2 Vanessas, Bugzy, 2 Tiffanys, Deborah, Chad, and a wild card. That’s your typical F13th lobby. Like I’ve said from the beginning, the lobby host should have multiple options to customize the match. Since we only have one game mode, the more modifiers to a match would increase variety in gameplay. 

• Like 1

Same opinion here as in the other dupe counselor threads. People will play how they like. Get used to it. 

I just want a match full of noob Vanessas wearing a dark version of the default outfit, carrying a 2x4/fire poker, like the beta :(

The only opinion I have is that they might want to try making it so that two players with the same characters have different color shirts. Sometimes the gamer tags can be hard to read. 

I want to be able to select whatever counselor I like and have people use the same character. I find it fun to see other Mitch Floyd's that cannot trump my Mitch Floyd style. **total cockiness**

While I honestly would like to see counselor diversity, people should be allowed to chose which counselors they want to play. I don't want to be locked to a counselor I don't like because someone is using the counselors I wanted to use. I am Camp Crystal Lake's BEST weed supplier and I ain't gonna have my job taken from me by some fake hippie man.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

I want to be able to select whatever counselor I like and have people use the same character. I find it fun to see other Mitch Floyd's that cannot trump my Mitch Floyd style. **total cockiness**

While I honestly would like to see counselor diversity, people should be allowed to chose which counselors they want to play. I don't want to be locked to a counselor I don't like because someone is using the counselors I wanted to use. I am Camp Crystal Lake's BEST weed supplier and I ain't gonna have my job taken from me by some fake hippie man.

ROTFLMAO!! Dilly Dilly!

6 hours ago, Buddy489 said:

I should have read this earlier lol

I'm very surprised how many people like having choices made for them...

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

I should have read this earlier lol

I'm very surprised how many people like having choices made for them...

Yeah, same here. I main Mitch Floyd, because I dunno, and I don't want to be forced to play Vanessa or Tiffany. I like stealthy repair counselors. It's kinda my thing :P

I'd be damned if I am forced to potentially play as Vanessa. I like my stealth as a Tiffany main tyvm.