• Add Muffin
    • Add Gordon
    • Add Toby
    • Add All Pets
    • No, No, No, No... Well, Maybe

3 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

He will always be a good boy 

giphy.gif

Guess Old Yeller made it out to pasture...

Can someone play Taps?

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Guess Old Yeller made it out to pasture...

Can someone play Taps?

Great now your making me relive the nightmare that is that movie 

BelatedDefiniteFlycatcher-size_restricte

Never watched that movie, never wanted to.

Is anyone here a graphic artist??

We *NEED* a Muffin campaign poster.

14 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Is anyone here a graphic artist??

We *NEED* a Muffin campaign poster.

I did mention before that my 9 year old nephew could probably draw something up for us. That offer is still on the table!

Muffin will need a tag line on said poster.

Friday the 13th: Muffin's Ruff-enge ?

So they're announcing Muffin tomorrow, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

So they're announcing Muffin tomorrow, right?

If they don't at least mention her, I'm going to be very disappointed in them. (I will except the Tiffany in a Mufffin shirt as confirmation.) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brigadius said:

All counselor's need this shirt. Muffin tops for everyone.

Brig, you need to make us a Muffin campaign poster.

"Hey! Who's that knocking at the door?? Why it's -- THE NEWEST GAME ADDITION!!"

Friday-the-13th-Part-2-jason-voorhees-25

• Like 3

So we haven't discussed wether or not we should get an original dog?

I was hoping that we could have a number of options, different pets to chooses from, specifically dogs. I understand we have some cat lovers on the forum, but I see cats as less useful for teamwork than even small dogs. 

For the original Gun/illfonic dog I think a medium dog would be best. Something in between Muffin and Gordon, but closer to Gordon. A mutt would be my preference, a brown shaggy mutt with sad eyes but a good disposition. I think a younger looking dog would work best, although an old dog could have the wisdom to be heroic. There are a ton of design options, what kind of dog would you want?

Edit - A cat could work for Jason, and be a lure for a bot dog, if the dog was a bot but the player wanted to be a cat. It could be a fun distraction, being chased by a dog. I'd give the cat every advantage even though a bot dog probably won't be a threat. Could be a weird but fun way to spend your after life.

13 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Edit - A cat could work for Jason, and be a lure

Jason did use Alice's cat in part 2 and the cat in part 7 to scare and lull his victims into a false sense of security before striking.

Jason can find a cat, pick it up with an e prompt, then release it with an e prompt so the cat will create a jump scare when he is near a window or inside a cabin.

Jason does not hurt the cat at all. This will require a small tweak to the fear mechanic, it would cause the counselor to have a large  fear reaction like when they find a dead body.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Jason did use Alice's cat in part 2 and the cat in part 7 to scare and lull his victims into a false sense of security before striking.

Jason can find a cat, pick it up with an e prompt, then release it with an e prompt so the cat will create a jump scare when he is near a window or inside a cabin.

Jason does not hurt the cat at all. This will require a small tweak to the fear mechanic, it would cause the counselor to have a large  fear reaction like when they find a dead body.

I wanted the cat jump scares since the beginning... This is a good time to make it reality!

I really don´t to see animal cruelty in the game. Kane Hodder even says it wouldn´t fit Jason (maybe he just said that because he likes pets too [seemingly unlike you....just joking]). You can see it in the Virtual Cabin 2.0 , so this is probably not gonna happen.

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I really don´t to see animal cruelty in the game. Kane Hodder even says it wouldn´t fit Jason (maybe he just said that because he likes pets too [seemingly unlike you....just joking]). You can see it in the Virtual Cabin 2.0 , so this is probably not gonna happen.

You make a good point. The only way to get her in this game is probably to make her unkillable. (Too fast for Jason.) However, if she's ferrying parts, he has to have a way to stop her. What would that be?

It's funny that we're all just fine with teenagers getting brutally, agonizingly slaughtered, but DON'T KICK A PUPPY!!!!!  

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You make a good point. The only way to get her in this game is probably to make her unkillable. (Too fast for Jason.) However, if she's ferrying parts, he has to have a way to stop her. What would that be?

It's funny that we're all just fine with teenagers getting brutally, agonizingly slaughtered, but DON'T KICK A PUPPY!!!!!  

Easy fix, when Jason shows up, Muffin runs off and has to be found and picked up again to restart the parts ferrying mission again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

These Things called ,,humans´´ especially their ,,teenie´´ forms deserve it. Dogs are innocent as hell...well can you call hell innocent? I just don´t get it when pets die in movies. Only someone who absolutely hates pets could enjoy that. Like those kinda People who lay poison around parks to Dogs eating them....You understand now , why it´s acceptable seeing ,,humans´´ getting slaughtered unlike pets?

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
Added something

@The Wolf with that Toast  @Redcat345  I already covered a PETA friendly option:

On 4/25/2018 at 5:46 PM, Truth said:

I wouldn't mind if Muffin couldn't be killed. Maybe she just gets scared off?

I like the idea of coming back to play as her after death. She could be used as a distraction. Once Jason gets close the player kind of loses control as she runs off into the woods. Her bark could disrupt his sense slightly. It could just give like a 5-10% chance of nearby counselors avoiding sense (Muffin herself would never be detected). I feel like ferrying parts might be too much, but maybe supplies like medsprays and pocketknives. Another counselor would have to strap it to her or something which could take a few seconds and leave them vulnerable until complete. Removing the item would do the same. 

To me, she's more of a companion than anything so she shouldn't have too much impact on the game. Just enough for for a player to have some fun after they die/escape. I also don't think there should be an XP bonus for playing as her. This would deter people from killing themselves for the chance to come back as Muffin. If there is a reasonable bonus that anyone can think of, it should only grant a small amount of xp. 

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

Easy fix, when Jason shows up, Muffin runs off and has to be found and picked up again to restart the parts ferrying mission again.

Ooh, DUDE! That's a great idea!! Jason SCARES Muffin while she's ferrying parts! When he approaches, she drops whatever she's carrying, barks and runs off! NO DEAD PUPPIES!!!

There ya go, Kane Hodder and @The Wolf with that Toast!  ? 

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

@The Wolf with that Toast  @Redcat345  I already covered a PETA friendly option:

Sorry , but I didn´t want to read through 16 pages.haha

And PETA? I kinda liked them...but when they go against Videogames.... I don´t like them.

Ooh, DUDE! That's a great idea!! Jason SCARES Muffin while she's ferrying parts! When he approaches, she drops whatever she's carrying, barks and runs off! NO DEAD PUPPIES!!!

There ya go, Kane Hodder and @The Wolf with that Toast

Ok... yeah... that could work... but maybe it should come very late in the games lifespan.

Ok , I am on your side now.

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
Finally learned how to double-post.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

And PETA? I kinda liked them...but when they go against Videogames.... I don´t like them.

Kicking a sprite of a dog is not kicking a dog, there is no moral equivalence. 

I would rather if Muffin just dropped the part if Jason came near, or Shift/morphed to her location, a 20 foot circle. This could work when playing Muffin as a player as well. 

37 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

That would be cool, and exactly what I was thinking of when I suggested the cats work for Jason. 

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Ok... yeah... that could work... but maybe it should come very late in the games lifespan.

Ok , I am on your side now.

Welcome to the Fluffy side.

• Haha 2

Guys, I heard Muffin was confirmed on a road map somewhere! Has anyone seen it????

Also, how would you feel if they couldnt legally do Muffin so they had a dog in her likeness?