71 members have voted

1. 1. Add Pets

• Add Muffin
    • Add Gordon
    • Add Toby
    • Add All Pets
    • No, No, No, No... Well, Maybe

10 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Don't forget the caaaaa-aaannnnnnn . . . !

Right, when you play as The Skunk you only see through a pinhole in the can. Your odor drives Jason away (similar to how Jason drives Muffin away) and conselors get a speed boost when in your vicinity.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Right, when you play as The Skunk you only see through a pinhole in the can. Your odor drives Jason away (similar to how Jason drives Muffin away) and conselors get a speed boost when in your vicinity.

I think it would be HIGH-LARIOUS if people playing Jason had to suffer through involuntarily running away because of a stench.  😂

Jason finally speaks!

His only word?  "PYEEEWWW!!"

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I think it would be HIGH-LARIOUS if people playing Jason had to suffer through involuntarily running away because of a stench.  😂

That really would be awesome...

I'd love to see Kane do the mocap for it lol

Has anyone yet determined if someone here who is on board with his campaign lives near Lexington, KY?

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Has anyone yet determined if someone here who is on board with his campaign lives near Lexington, KY?

I nominate @ShiftySamurai. He would definitely be the best person for the job.

On 5/23/2018 at 7:30 AM, Truth said:

I nominate @ShiftySamurai. He would definitely be the best person for the job.

Uh. Yyyyyyyyeaahhhh. Good luck with that.

@Brigadius - this is your thread. Any thoughts on forward momentum?

On 5/23/2018 at 7:41 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

Good luck with that.

Well, he never said no! I say we do it!

13 minutes ago, Truth said:

How do we convince him, promise to be on our best behaviour?

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

Again, kemosabe -- we must first find someone local to spearhead the operation. Once that is done, then we can move forward.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

So your saying the writers of Friday the 13th, thought 'hey our story is named after a superstition, what else ties into that?', 'Black cats, is another good one and didn't Hitchcock use a cat for a jump scare, this could be good.' Or something along those lines, with fore thought and whatnot. Pretty sure at least some of the cat stuff was done with more intent then people give the writers credit for.

Muffin should definitely be added, and the devs love accolades, this should be an easy win for them entering Muffin. 

(Migrating this to the current topic to re-bury the old one.)

While I do see the advantages of the additional superstition (i.e., black cat = bad luck), we must also ask: to what end? Will we also include walking under ladders? Breaking mirrors? Spilling salt? That gets a bit hokey, and one thing I've always admired about F13 was that they took the date and MADE IT THEIR OWN. They owned it. They created a great backstory for the significance of the date without resorting to traditional superstition, and they made something chillingly awesome.

Now, MUFFIN -- being an ENTIRELY ORIGINAL CREATION exclusive to the franchise -- would be an excellent addition!  

12 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Again, kemosabe -- we must first find someone local to spearhead the operation. Once that is done, then we can move forward.

(Migrating this to the current topic to re-bury the old one.)

While I do see the advantages of the additional superstition (i.e., black cat = bad luck), we must also ask: to what end? Will we also include walking under ladders? Breaking mirrors? Spilling salt? That gets a bit hokey, and one thing I've always admired about F13 was that they took the date and MADE IT THEIR OWN. They owned it. They created a great backstory for the significance of the date without resorting to traditional superstition, and they made something chillingly awesome.

Now, MUFFIN -- being an ENTIRELY ORIGINAL CREATION exclusive to the franchise -- would be an excellent addition!  

I think this is why only the black cats and breaking mirrors where kept. They fit in the story without making it about superstitions, even thought the whole premise is one big superstition. Don't sin in the woods or the boogie man will punish you. 

The lack of continuity by writers about the involvement of superstitions, works to the series advantage. I think I'm as happy about that as you Skunky, but writers who do add layers of thought deserve some credit.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:37 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

I think this is why only the black cats and breaking mirrors where kept. They fit in the story without making it about superstitions, even thought the whole premise is one big superstition. Don't sin in the woods or the boogie man will punish you. 

The lack of continuity by writers about the involvement of superstitions, works to the series advantage. I think I'm as happy about that as you Skunky, but writers who do add layers of thought deserve some credit.

I honestly don't think it was intentional.

So, what do we all expect is more likely? Player comes back as Muffin, or Muffin is a ferrying NPC?

Comes back would be my preference, it adds more reason to stay. Especially if you lose the chance to be a helper animal do to suicide.

Edit - I believe the first instance was intentional of both the mirror and the cat, but other writers were less concerned or didn't know, Skunky.

31 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So, what do we all expect is more likely? Player comes back as Muffin, or Muffin is a ferrying NPC?

More likely: NPC

More wanted: player controlled

On 5/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, Truth said:

More likely: NPC

More wanted: player controlled

Definitely, it would be a missed opportunity not to let us goof around as a dog though.

it would be cool to unlock new abilities for Muffin giving the experience a small progression scale.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:22 PM, Santi_Lee said:

#MakeMuffinComeTrue 

So, here's a thought -- goofy though it may be:

Ya know how there's the big controversy as to whether or not Muffin actually survived Part 2? There are two (rather loud) schools of thought:

• "Muffin IS alive! She re-appeared at the end of the film before Jason jumped through the window and killed Paul!"
  • "Muffin is dead. Her final scene was just a dream. We saw her corpse in the woods, which was NOT a dream!"

So, let's use her in the game to tie the two together!

If you manage to stumble upon the corpse of Muffin, you can trigger a mini-game. If successful, you can summon Muffin to return to the living. Then she helps to shuttle parts, but manages to avoid Jason's wrath by dropping items and running away if he approaches.

@Slasher_Clone, @Truth - thoughts?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So, here's a thought -- goofy though it may be:

Ya know how there's the big controversy as to whether or not Muffin actually survived Part 2? There are two (rather loud) schools of thought:

• "Muffin IS alive! She re-appeared at the end of the film before Jason jumped through the window and killed Paul!"
  • "Muffin is dead. Her final scene was just a dream. We saw her corpse in the woods, which was NOT a dream!"

So, let's use her in the game to tie the two together!

If you manage to stumble upon the corpse of Muffin, you can trigger a mini-game. If successful, you can summon Muffin to return to the living. Then she helps to shuttle parts, but manages to avoid Jason's wrath by dropping items and running away if he approaches.

@Slasher_Clone, @Truth - thoughts?

If they go with the bot version, this makes sense. You bury the dead Muffin, I'd go with a prompt like calling Tommy, and get alive one for your trouble. 

Crystal Lake is kinda known for bring the dead back.

Interesting idea @Cokeyskunk... Then you could get "reinforcements" xp too.

I'd still prefer player controlled, but I know that's less likely to happen. I also like the progression idea @Slasher_Clone. What other abilities did you have in mind?

50 minutes ago, Truth said:

Interesting idea @Cokeyskunk... Then you could get "reinforcements" xp too.

I'd still prefer player controlled, but I know that's less likely to happen. I also like the progression idea @Slasher_Clone. What other abilities did you have in mind?

Well if Muffin is player controlled, I was thinking of Muffinizing some Perks and then giving her tasks that could be done in a match to earn a more useful Muffin spawn. If you successfully delivered a med spray, maybe next time you spawn in a campsite with one. Someone suggested gamer tags (this is a bad idea) but it made me think that knowing who is hurt when you come back as Muffin, would be very useful, on Muffins mini map their circles could be red. Muffin could even be given a mission of sorts, if the fuze hasn't been found she could be given the job of ferrying it to the fuze box. She wouldn't put it in of course, that would be silly. 

As a bot though, it would be harder to see noticeable effects. Other people have suggested versions of these ideas - A stamina recharge increase if your crouched near Muffin, maybe a visual sign on your stamina in HUD. Fear Reduction that can be an auditory sound Muffin makes, if your close enough to hear it your fear reduces. I imagine a noise like dogs make when they're playing if Jason isn't there or quiet growling if he is. 

As for progression, I'd like Muffin to be introduced and be rewarded for helping people escape. If she helps enough counselors escape it leads to unlocking, new animal companions. Toby and then Gordon as a reward, giving you a bigger more useful dog seems like a good way to go. This way the Devs can take it slow and see how they effect the game. 

Powers for Muffin

Bare with me, Dogs don't perceive the world quite the same way as we do, in movies an t.v. They can often know or do things that effect the supernatural. If they do give Jason buff points, I think the dogs should be able to see them ie. the mist Jason sees with sense, that way you could help the others avoid them. 

Muffin or another dog could offer a form of protection against Shift, as they can 'see' Jason coming and possibly stop him by barking or body blocking, interrupting a single grab. 

Drain Stalk by barking up a storm if Jason comes to close to the cabin, give Jason a reason to stay back and wait or move on to the next target. 

Let Muffin run at slow Shift speed at the start till she gets near a counselor, or when running full out alone. Dogs are fast, I can't really see why Muffin shouldn't be able to cover a huge amount of ground quickly when not encumbered by carrying something. This would be a buff and not part of the regular Muffin, just a boost if the Devs found that it would be beneficial. 

Sorry it's all a little jumbled, I tried to separate it into bot and player, hope it makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Muffinizing

My new word of the day.

16 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I imagine a noise like dogs make when they're playing if Jason isn't there or quiet growling if he is.  

I really like this. If they implemented it, they could remove Jason's proximity music. If you're not with Muffin then Jason would essentially be in stalk. You would still hear him walking and everything, but you would have to be more alert. This would slightly buff Jason to balance out adding Muffin, and it would make the game more intense.

I like your other ideas, but this one really got me.

@Cokeyskunk, @Truth Perk examples

Show Dog - Muffin can enter and exit windows faster.

Stepped On Tail - Enter and exit beds faster.

Worst Then Her Bite - Can bark to save a counselor one extra time from Shift by jolting Jason out.

Puppy - extra stamina or higher regen rate.

Old Dog - doesn't move as fast but can spot Jason further than normal.

Since we have so many new members, I felt a double post was ok, they may not have gotten a chance to read the greatest unimplemented idea ever suggested on the forums. An idea so good that Hide or Die is going to steal it and let dead players be a raven or crow, letting them have a free roam camera to explore the maps with. Sure a bird isn’t as cool as Muffin, but you got to admit it’s a cool idea, even if they’re borrowing it from here.

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Since we have so many new members, I felt a double post was ok, they may not have gotten a chance to read the greatest unimplemented idea ever suggested on the forums. An idea so good that Hide or Die is going to steal it and let dead players be a raven or crow, letting them have a free roam camera to explore the maps with. Sure a bird isn’t as cool as Muffin, but you got to admit it’s a cool idea, even if they’re borrowing it from here.

Hide or die is going to be amazing. I tried to get people to back it on here way back, not sure how many jumped on the train, but its gonna be a cool ride. Beta testing on Oct 31st!!!

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Hide or die is going to be amazing. I tried to get people to back it on here way back, not sure how many jumped on the train, but its gonna be a cool ride. Beta testing on Oct 31st!!!

Jealous of all you PC players, hope it comes to PS4. The killers sound fun and 16 people is a crazy number. I’m a little disappointed that they haven’t shown us anything like perks to make your character unique, I have so many questions about the system they’re using, but less than a month to go, so we’ll all find out soon.

I also like that their willing to explore interesting ways to make it exciting after you die. The being a bird isn’t as cool as Muffin but it is a good way to keep players engaged.