I can use every other Jason without too much trouble (part 7 being the most challenging) but I can't stand using part 6. How does anybody stand using him? Does anybody have any tips for using part 6 effectively.

Practice

Keep counselors out in the open away from cabins where you can use your shift ability. Also make your morphs count because if you make a bad one it's gonna be a while before it's ready again. I prefer going up against counselors in groups of 2 or 3 with him, they're more likely to attack me then to run away, so I don't have to chase them.

This was from earlier tonight, maybe it'll help.

First, learn how to use the block+knife combo to put the hurting on someone who fights you. In combat, -Defense is gonna suck when fighting a mob, but the spear can help keep people from a distance. Learning how far the spear reaches can surprise people if they don't use a baseball/axe. Not to a huge degree, but enough that you might get the better footing in a fight. Usually though you want to block first, even with -Defense, unless you know the counselor doesn't know how to use dodge by the fact they aren't using it at all.

Don't be afraid to use Shift in order to travel. You aren't a running Jason, and people will usually come to you if they fight in groups; this way the -Morph weakness doesn't hurt as much. Use Morph first to check on the objectives, then use Shift if you find someone by their noise pings and/or Sense.

Third, always combine your Shift with Sense and/or Stalk. You don't have a weakness on Stalk, so you can use it frequently to surprise people. And since you have Sense+, you can track people down to the ends of the map when combined with Shift+, especially once Rage mode is active. Toggle Sense to find someone, then keep the pressure on them.

Big thing about this Jason is that smart counselors love to camp cabins in groups since they know it limits Part 6's Shift as well as takes advantage of his -Defense weakness, but the throwing knives can help balance the odds if you know the block+knife combo. And sometimes, no matter how many people are beating on him, they just can't break his block, so RNGesus can on occasion smile on you when fighting a group. Let them waste their weapons, soften them up with knives, then start beating on them until they run (in which case you just Shift/Slash or Shift/Grab the fool). Best part is if you get proficient at throwing knives from a distance, because at that point it gives you the opportunity to soften up a troublemaker before a fight begins.

Use Stalk, then use Sense, if you find a target outside a cabin activate Shift. Keep your Sense on as you Shift to the target because it lights those pesky kids up like blood filled Christmas trees. When you come out of Shift do it with your target on the left side of your body. Because you activated Stalk your approach will be silent and sometimes you can launch Shift from beyond static range. So you appear suddenly without warning. If you miss Grab toss a Throwing Knife at their ass. Everyone has a plan until they have been hit. You can land a knife when they are going through a window and it will keep them from entering the cabin. If your still too out of range for a Grab the Throwing Knives cooldown lasts as long as it takes for one of those pesky kids to crawl through a window. Bury another knife in them. If the window is broken and the pesky bastard dosen't have Thick Skin you can knock them into caution and make them burn a health spray to keep going. As a walking Jason of any type take the time to get those Throwing Knives because you just can't run up and slash the shit out of your enemies like you can with the running Jasons.

• Like 1

I main part 6 so I can tell you that you need to conserve morph. Only morph to set traps and morph back when they get triggered. If two objectives are close by, just walk or shift there. Same with the power generators.

Since he has a good shift use that to get around places. That way you'll have morph ready when you need to defend. If there are 2 counselors left and none of the objectives are near finished then you can morph around without a high risk factor. Otherwise your gambling a lot.

Double trap the fusebox. You need that extra insurance. I do that for all the Jasons to be honest. Other then that, he is not all that different from conventional gameplay. Just don't swing and always collect throwing knives.

Just now, MsJones-23 said:

Throw a damn spear or use your brain to play that jason

I'm sure the OP will appreciate that thoughtful insight.

• Haha 2

Conserve your Morph, have good Throwing Dart management, and spam Sense, to make sure no-one is lurking near objectives. If you can’t find anyone never ever Morph, to a random location! Always Morph, to objective such as the Phone, Car, or boat. 

That’s all I can suggest, also go into Offline Bots, and practice using Thowing Darts, and performing the Shift-Grab, when you master these two, you're ready to go!

-Dead Meme 

6 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

I'm sure the OP will appreciate that thoughtful insight.

You welcome and i am just being me saying what i want to say

10 minutes ago, MsJones-23 said:

You welcome and i am just being me saying what i want to say

Your free to do it. I'm also free to point out that you're not adding anything of value to the conversation.