- Real time xp added, bigger bonus for completing map. 

- Each counselor can only use an item once. Would cut down on rushing camp sites and drawers.

- Smaller but continual xp for barricading doors and setting bear traps or up to 10x.

- Jason shrugs off more blows rather than needing to block in combat stance/ add ability to grab in combat stance.

- Ability to move or hop over this damn furniture as Jason. Ask Kane if he'd stand for that crap. He'd say, "I'll flip that f***er over if some b*tch is makin me run".

- Need more ways to disable cars rather than hoping to shift in front or behind. Maybe having it stall randomly or able to grab on temporarily to snag out a counselor or jerk wheel. Hate these trolling Mario Andretti's (as Jason or passenger).

- More ranged weapons for Jason. Even one-time use spear guns or throwable hatchets.

- Better lock-on capability in CS with toggle option if these counselor gank squads aren't dealt with.

- Random map option for offline play.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, larryvaughn said:

- Jason shrugs off more blows rather than needing to block in combat stance/ add ability to grab in combat stance.

- Ability to move or hop over this damn furniture as Jason. Ask Kane if he'd stand for that crap. He'd say, "I'll flip that f***er over if some b*tch is makin me run".

I agree with everything here. Especially these two. Solid work my friend ??.

Personally i believe jason should have the ability to destroy tables and furniture that basically blocks him the same way as he can break fences outside. This would stop the benny hill runs around the tables.

For the ranged weapons - not a bad idea would be fun.

For the gank swuads - better all round damage, since already jason deals damage to anything he hits even if its 3 counselors they all take damage.

Yeah I hear you guys. The main thing that'd cut down the group shenanigans is either a faster grab and execute animation or a small invincibility window to pull off a kill and scatter them. They mock you regardless of your actions. Belittling if you Morph out to snag some knives and come back with a Stalk Shift; or if you take it and get knocked down, you're danced by and enjoy a quick game of balls on chin. In either case, this horses**t and aggression will not stand, man. Go into my house and take my dead mom's sweater and pee on my f***in' rug? And why can't I smash their face off the car or toss em thru a window/windshield to occupy a spot? Generate a sh**load of fear. How about the cliche droppage of keys? This car is an impervious fortress unless it's at a dead stop. Give us a shoulder ram or some modifier where you can hack at it and blow a tire or eject an occupant. There's no "click it or ticket" in 1984. Atleast those backseaters are goin for a ride. Brings a new meaning to, "Ooooo ahhh... I just died in your arms toniiiight..." I'm a clever idea man whenever the devs need some input ?

@larryvaughn I think you only get XP for doing anything once as it is now. I cannot disagree that more XP should be figured in, at least for certain things... like the time bonus. I agree it should be larger, particularly for running out the clock.
   For using items only once, most of them (other than weapons) can only be used once. If you are talking about a nerf to medic... you may face great opposition to this. Too many people want this in the game and feel it is required. There have been some suggestions to nerf medic a bit without getting rid of its second use.
   There have been many discussions about how to deal with Jason being used as a piñata. I do not recall anyone suggesting what you have though. Reducing stun chance (for certain weapons at least) for him to shrug off more hits is a good idea, but will not help against double taps which can remove your mask very quickly and you are powerless to stop it when coming out of a stun from a pocket knife, shotgun, firecrackers or finishing pretty much any kind of animation.
   I agree that the round the furniture chases are rather annoying. It sucks that we cannot flip the furniture to end this. I remember reading that it is impossible in the current engine to accomplish this... perhaps this is a subtle hint that they may address this in a future update, after the engine upgrade... we can only hope.
   Another way to stop the car may be met with some resistance as well. Practicing at stopping the cars is your best option for now. As a counselor player, when I am driving, I try to pick up as many counselors as I can before leaving. I do not do this to troll Jason, just to help my team.
    I am not against ranged weapons for Jason, but others may find this too over powered... particularly if they are a one shot kill. Something like the spear gun would be an awesome addition to the game though.
    Combat stance is clunky and hit detection is pretty crazy... hopefully it gets fixed or removed. The option for a heavy attack and use of block should not require a stance anyway. Being able to block when coming out of a stun or any other animation could help greatly when dealing with groups of battle Chads. I find that the target lock is more annoying than helpful.
    Random maps should be an option for offline mode.

Who knows, maybe some of your concerns here will be addressed with the next update... we can hope. Once the update is done, they will have time to look at other concerns. They took the time to make new emotes for the update, I am hoping they also did some more kills beyond what will be including in single player challenges and perhaps some furniture flipping animations while they were in the studio. 

I almost forgot to say.... Welcome to the forums.... and welcome to Crystal Lake, where it is always wabbit season and there are... thankfully... no sharks!!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I almost forgot to say.... Welcome to the forums.... and welcome to Crystal Lake, where it is always wabbit season and there are... thankfully... no sharks!!

Yes, welcome @larryvaughn, don't forget to equip thick skin while staying at the camp. 

Ahab, you ever play one of those games where the furniture is pushed around by your character because it has no mass. The furniture in the game is currently part of the floor and if it wasn't it would move around. It is possible to do furniture and items that move more realistically but it takes a lot more work. It would be awesome, but it isn't likely, unfortunately. The rest is a fair assessment.

I'd like you to read through a thread I've been working on, I'm sure you've already seen it and it is related to the quote I put above. If your interested, I'd like your feedback, even if we are still working out how to deal with each other. No sharks but I'm sure you'll get it.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17109-offlineprivate-counselor-mode-not-just-zombies-?/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-275622

18 hours ago, larryvaughn said:

- Real time xp added, bigger bonus for completing map. 

Sure. 

- Each counselor can only use an item once. Would cut down on rushing camp sites and drawers.

That is how it is now, unless one uses a perk to use something more than once. Melee weapons may be able to be used more often, but that is based on stats.

- Smaller but continual xp for barricading doors and setting bear traps or up to 10x.

Very reasonable. This would encourage locking up. 

Agreed. Weaker counselors shouldn't be stunning Jason as often, even if they have bats. Stuns should be based on weapons+stats.

I believe this is the case now. Long tables can still be a problem, but I'm ok with that. 

- Need more ways to disable cars rather than hoping to shift in front or behind. Maybe having it stall randomly or able to grab on temporarily to snag out a counselor or jerk wheel. Hate these trolling Mario Andretti's (as Jason or passenger).

Cars shouldn't randomly stall. Jason needs to not allow the cars to get started if he doesn't want to deal with them. 

- More ranged weapons for Jason. Even one-time use spear guns or throwable hatchets.

If it's doable, I'd be ok with it. 

- Better lock-on capability in CS with toggle option if these counselor gank squads aren't dealt with.

Jason needs to be able to hit all counselors in his swing, in my opinion. 

- Random map option for offline play.

Agree. 

i think for the whole table marathon situation they should have it that while in combat stance jason can perform a quick throw of his knife on his locked on target

Yeah sorry dudes I meant only being able to pick up one spray/knife/firecrackers. Give the animation like when you already have a walkie or map. Can tell another counselor where it is. This just bugs me mainly when one person has 4 or 6 heals as it only exascerbates the gang up scenario. Jason SHOULD be overpowered. The fear of him is seemingly non existant. Everyone takes a crack at him, when maybe all but Buggzy and Adam should take a swing (consider the movies). I don't even mind if there's a scaling modifier for counselors in the capacity of "the more counselors dead, the higher chance to stun by those remaining". While I understand the fact I shouldn't let a car get going in the first place, thats hard with a Jason with 3 traps. Perhaps allow him to pick up the ones for counselor use too? I just know some epic drivers and my priority is the phone. Therefore: one on phone, one at four seater battery. That leaves me one preventor for the next 18 minutes? I can't run. I have 7 people to chase. A car is probably getting going. Again, I'm just taking into account horror movies. I think it'd add an element of tension if you're hauling in the car to feel the power quit, the lights dim, and it rolling to a halt eventually if you don't focus on getting it running. Despite the movies where people magically know how to run machines (watch a few "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe") I can tell you it's nerve wracking getting into someone else's vehicle to move it at a party quick. Much less being chased by a killer. Add into the fact that it always seems to be a standard trans. Lmk how your first few attempts in a car with a clutch goes. Thank you guys for the feedback and welcomes. Just brainstorming here for some balance. Regardless of decisions made, you're always going to piss off someone.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yes, welcome @larryvaughn, don't forget to equip thick skin while staying at the camp. 

Ahab, you ever play one of those games where the furniture is pushed around by your character because it has no mass. The furniture in the game is currently part of the floor and if it wasn't it would move around. It is possible to do furniture and items that move more realistically but it takes a lot more work. It would be awesome, but it isn't likely, unfortunately. The rest is a fair assessment.

I'd like you to read through a thread I've been working on, I'm sure you've already seen it and it is related to the quote I put above. If your interested, I'd like your feedback, even if we are still working out how to deal with each other. No sharks but I'm sure you'll get it.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17109-offlineprivate-counselor-mode-not-just-zombies-?/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-275622

Yup... I know exactly why the furniture cannot be moved and the reason certain pieces of furniture (and other background items on the maps) have invisible 'walls' (for lack of a better word) that stop your weapon when you swing it near them (I hate when that happens, could have ended a few of those chases a bit quicker without those damned invisible walls).  I also know it would be a hell of a lot of money and work to make that happen in this game.... it would still be cool though. I won't hold my breath..... but there is always hope, even if it may be futile.
      I will check out the link tomorrow, it looks to be a bit of reading there... If I forget, please send a reminder.

@larryvaughn I get your frustration with multiple med sprays, and the rarer multiple pocket knives. Not so long ago, there was a lot more pocket knives and med sprays, not to mention the amount of shotguns made it feel like the NRA owned Camp Crystal Lake... that was way more frustrating than it is now, the amount of pocket knives is actually pretty good now.... I will not comment on the number of med sprays, other than to say I often find up to 6 of them in a match. The firecrackers get you sometimes, but if you are paying attention then you have a fair chance of avoiding the stun radius. Thankfully, there are also far fewer shotguns now as well. The medic perk also makes it seem like there are way too many med sprays... but that is another story.... which could involve sharks.... maybe.

There are a few ways to fight all the med sprays. Gather as many throwing knives as you can, but be wary of spending too much time doing it... practicing with throwing knives in offline mode helps both with quick throws and long distance throws. Archery physics is in the game for throwing knives and people in multiplayer generally stop trying to evade your throwing knives after they get 30 feet or so away from you, thinking they are safe from your knives. If you can get good at the quick throws, it helps a lot when they are close to you or just about to attack you as it cancels their attack... follow this with an immediate grab to eat those pocket knives or get your kill.
    Also.... break as many windows as you feel you have time for. This makes them pay for crawling through each window... even with the thick skin perk they can only crawl through so many before they start limping. And don't forget to slash them into a limping state when you can.... Anything and everything to make them use their precious pocket knives and med sprays.

Fighting off the battle Chads takes practice and can be very frustrating. When you get good at it, it is the counselors that get frustrated... it just takes time and practice and a lot of patience. Grabbing against groups is pretty useless, its not that the executions need to come up faster, you need to have the open space to perform them, which varies for each kill and they can be body blocked by other counselors. Combat stance is a bit broken, but blocking does help... other than that, all you can do is slash and quick throw with your knives. Hopefully the piñata Jason and issues with combat stance are addressed...."soon".

Chasing the cars takes practice, but you will get better at it. I like to play part 4 and part 7 who both have only three traps... and I only trap the fuse box. This has given me a lot of practice at chasing and stopping cars, but some will inevitably slip by. Try using stalk, sense, morph in front of them, then shift into them. Remember that if they are within visual range of you, they can see you on their mini map. After you stop a car, if you have a trap left... use it on the driver's side door.
   I hope this helps.

The scaling modifier you suggested for stuns sounds interesting and could be something to look at further.
   I also like how you describe how the car dying could add tension... I agree. Perhaps a chance of the car dying based on the repair skill of the counselor that did the battery repair or how many mistakes they made... it will start, but only run for so long before dying as you described... Then the hood pops open and it has to be done again? Just a thought. This would be quite the nerf to counselors and most players would be opposed to it. They would also demand a nerf to Jason as balance to this.
   The biggest problem with adding anything to cause real fear or tension is that people will quickly become desensitized to it... after all, there is no actual threat to them from a video game... but keep on brainstorming... you have some good ideas. 

• Thanks 1

Ty Ahab. Yeah i had bought it on pc around august after its May release so I was there for all the actual horror ? I just recently bought it on PS4 and checkin out what you guys have goin. Jason should have the upper hand in every match as it is 1 on 7. He should be feared and you should say, "Oh f**k" when he's near ya. Not, "pffft I got this foo". I mean with the sprays, you can obviously get the guaranteed 2 out of the bathroom in CL; 2 out of Packasnack big house; and generally 2 out of the big Higgins house. This clearly doesn't take into account hypochondriac and the other scattered ones. I think there's a good balance of knives right now it's just that the majority sprint around looking for em and not revealing gas/battery/fuse. I'd like to have one to get an escape option open for people rather than some "hero" try and kill Jason or troll him. The car just needs one more ability to be stopped I feel and I'd be happier. Shift is a lot clunkier on the consoles than PC for sure. Anyway, keep the criticism flowin guys, ill come up with stuff. Later.