BrokenFattHardy

Who says hiding spots are worthless??

That user was literally less than 1 second from being caught going under the bed lol

3 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

DeterminedArtisticAlligator-size_restric

I'm impressed. One time you succeeded. Try to hide from a better player. With epic perks, you will find the whole 5 minutes. ;)

That was slick, gotta say though I've been busted before like that. Really good Jason players can hear it, and they'll get cha. But, that WAS pretty cool. I use hiding spots often, when I'm Jenny or Mitch I'll disappear into one for a quick stam boost. Then pop out and Jason has no clue, as long as I'm outta hearing range.

I do this as AJ all the time. I prob only get caught 5% of the time. Most think you climbed out the window as sense no longer detects you(earily in game). The bed slide is also hard to hear over jason walking thumps/music so goes unnoticed. a good jason will pick up on it though and hopefully you picked a room like that with multiple beds. Hes gotta pick the right one first else im slidding out with full stamina and on the run again..

• Like 1

Big thing about hiding is that it regenerates stamina fast. In this case, because Fox was hiding underneath a bed in a cabin with the lights still on, she would generate stamina very quickly (in fact, occupying a hiding spot that is covered by an external light source is the fastest way to regenerate stamina in the game).

If you play someone with high composure, you need to regenerate stamina fast, and there's multiple hiding spots in a room, occupy one of them in order to get a breather if you do so in an area with some room to move around in. The danger is that Jason can instamurder you if he guesses correctly, but you can always leave the spot when he isn't near once he enters the room. Heck, even low composure counselors, despite mumbling to themselves, won't necessarily tell Jason exactly which hiding spot you're in, forcing Jason to guess. If he's the kind to take the chance by stabbing the hiding spot, then you can just run away to safety while Jason has to free his weapon.

Hiding has its risks, but outside of hiding from Jason it's a great way to bump up your stamina, especially hiding in outhouses since occupying a hiding spot also helps reduce fear when Jason isn't nearby, therefore helping to combat the darkness fear penalty.

• Like 1

Whenever I'm Jason and I detect someone is hiding I just walk out the door and turn on stalk and wait for them to come out.

Another thing I do is if there are multiple hiding spots, I'll pick one of them while having my camera pan towards the direction of the other hiding spots before I break the bed/closet. That way if I guess wrong I can still see someone trying to leave the room and not waste time.

Both are effective Jason tactics.

6 minutes ago, Loading said:

Whenever I'm Jason and I detect someone is hiding I just walk out the door and turn on stalk and wait for them to come out.

Another thing I do is if there are multiple hiding spots, I'll pick one of them while having my camera pan towards the direction of the other hiding spots before I break the bed/closet. That way if I guess wrong I can still see someone trying to leave the room and not waste time.

Both are effective Jason tactics.

Yeah have to know where you are in the game as counselor. If I know he has stalk ability I will bring up map and see if I see anyone else scrambling around. That usually means he morphed and moved on to them, else I wait it out a bit. The camera thing is a good tip, I may use that going forward.

I would say hiding spots in single door cabins are pretty useless. Hiding spots in large buildings such as Jarvis house, or inside Higgins havens are helpful, especially with 2 mins left. I usually hide to rebuild stamina.

15 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

DeterminedArtisticAlligator-size_restric

@BrokenFattHardy That Jason Player, must be deaf, for not hearing the Counselor, go under the bed. When a Counselor, goes under the bed you hear some kind sound, it can be missed but with headphones, you should be able to catch it. Also it’s the same with wardrobes and outhouses, you can hear the squeaks from the hinges. 

23 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

That Jason Player, must be deaf, for not hearing the Counselor, go under the bed.

Not necessarily, a lot of people play with music blasting in the background and are completely oblivious to the sound cues. He should have had his head on a swivel when he entered the room so he could have seen Fox.

51 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Why people so hostile? It was meant to be sorta humorous, in that "You ever been in this situation" kinda way. ?

I think it was hilarious because I'm certain I've been that Jason at least one or twenty times.

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I think it was hilarious because I'm certain I've been that Jason at least one or twenty times.

I love it when I do this as a councilor. It makes me laugh.

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I love it when I do this as a councilor. It makes me laugh.

My favourite is the cabin with the back door you can hide behind, I love to watch Jason walk out the door looking for me, then close and lock it behind him.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I would say hiding spots in single door cabins are pretty useless. Hiding spots in large buildings such as Jarvis house, or inside Higgins havens are helpful, especially with 2 mins left. I usually hide to rebuild stamina.

Or The Upper Rooms in Pack, I tricked a Jason By Going in and out of a Hiding Spot, He saw the blimps, But in Reality, I was behind the door! 

I love hiding at the right moment in the right spot.

But i really wish they would remove the counselors making noise and talking when they are really scared and hiding..      That should not exist, because people don't mumble to themselves like that when they hide.  And it just gives away the hiding spot.

Had a player last night slide into a cabin with 7 beds and hide under a bed..   Was about to just leave him and chase another counselor instead of hacking all the beds.  But then i heard "Please don't see me"...   and found the bed he was under instantly.

That really needs to go^

I hid behind an outhouse that Jason had just killed a Vanessa in, almost gave myself away snickering. Hiding is about knowing when to, not how to. Like @HuDawg said, At the right moment in the right spot. 

Using hiding spots is about experimenting, beds are the best as they make less noise than closets. This can not be repeated enough, hide then don't do anything especially not hold your breath. Be still and silent as a dead mouse. 

Also lately the DBD players seem to have come over to F13, I keep chasing idiots out of bushes. "the bush it does nothing!" in Arnold's voice, playing in my head while I pretend not to see them and get close. 

20 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I love hiding at the right moment in the right spot.

But i really wish they would remove the counselors making noise and talking when they are really scared and hiding..      That should not exist, because people don't mumble to themselves like that when they hide.  And it just gives away the hiding spot.

Had a player last night slide into a cabin with 7 beds and hide under a bed..   Was about to just leave him and chase another counselor instead of hacking all the beds.  But then i heard "Please don't see me"...   and found the bed he was under instantly.

That really needs to go^

I killed someone last night like 3 minutes into the match because of this. Trapped the phone box and cut out power next to it. As soon as i did i heard a counselor going "Please, no." Walked into the cabin and killed them instantly. 

Also last night i screwed up fixing the phone box and Jason morphed and destroyed it before i could get the call in. Luckily there was a Chad in the building too so i hid under a bed and waited for Jason to chase him so i could go back and get the cops called.