Depends on the character you and playing and what you consider tunneling. I consider tunneling to be when Jason targets you and ONLY you for at least five minutes while objectives are going and people are around you. Tunneling is a very bad strategy on Jason’s part. I main Tiff and Jenny and I see myself tunneled as both. As Tiffany because I make myself become tunneled by stunning Jason and using myself as a distraction while my smarter teammates get objectives done. The more you stun Jason, the more frustrated he will get and he’ll want you dead and target you. As Jenny I’m prime for the picking because most Jason players think she is an easy target because she is slow. You can get from point A to point B pretty easily with average stamina even though she is slow. You gotta learn how to loop Jason through cabins and stun him at the right time to regain stamina, you will be tunneled sometimes. It’s not good strategy to tunnel a single counselor that you can’t catch for half the round while others repair and escape. Even if I wind up dying, I hope Jason enjoys his 1/8 killed because I was tunneled the entire round...as long as my teammates escape, it is a win-win scenario. The best is when you are tunneled, die, come back as Jarvis, and kill Jason. One time Part 8 tunneled me as VANESSA of all people and Tiffany and Tommy went to the shack by the graveyard at Higgins and demasked him and I stunned him with the bat while Tiffany did the sweater and he died. Again...this is an example why as Jason you have to pick your battles and choose the counselors you can catch faster than other rather than tunneling fast counselors.

I've noticed this as well lately. My guess is the recent sale brought in a lot of new players and many upstart Jasons will stay on their first target until they catch them (or not), not realizing they're giving everyone else a free ride to escape. But, I can also see some Jasons shying away from Jason-killer groups and targeting lone-wolves to buy time for all of his abilities to unlock.

no , tunneling is a millinials way of  labeling  a slasher coming for them  as a target rather then  some one else. Just like how others liked to complain  about Jason  being a " shasher"  get the hell over it , its  called horror survival 

14 hours ago, Jasix said:

Jason tunnels people in the movies. Once he sets his sights on you he is gonna do whatever it takes to kill you.

Almost entirely true. What comes to mind is the scene near the end of Part 6. Tommy Jarvis is in the boat and gets Jason's attention while he tries crushing Megan's head. Note to self: Jason doesn't like getting called names.

22 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

What's tunneling?

It's using a bloody shovel to go into digging mode, oh wait, wrong topic.

i play with 2 different groups of friends. the one group our main focus every match is to kill jason. so if jason is tunneling one of us then he is making our job a whole lot easier

Feel honored as if it's Rick behind the mask. I tunnel Vanessa's cuz I'm tired of her runnin' ass. Last thing I want is her getting that stamina back.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:20 AM, JasonLives86 said:

Well here's a tip (which may not always apply) if you go after a couple counselors, and they're using mics, listen closely to what they're saying to each other. I have ruined their little plan a few times, all because I clearly heard them say over their mics something to the extent of, "ok, I'm gonna distract him while you guys fix the car". I then proceeded to go after the guys working on the car ?

?. Yeah i cant believe people still don't realize that Jason can hear what ever you are saying when close by. Its hilarious listening to their master plan then foiling the shit out of it cuz they just told you in mid chase.. ?

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

?. Yeah i cant believe people still don't realize that Jason can hear what ever you are saying when close by. Its hilarious listening to their master plan then foiling the shit out of it cuz they just told you in mid chase.. ?

I know, right? ?

It’s been over half a year since I made this thread and tunneling has only gotten worse. I am vindicated in reading six months worth of complaints on the forum and Reddit, many which have to deal with tunneling as a form of both trolling and teaming.

Since the PS+ deal, nearly every lobby has 2, 3 and even 6 players partied up working together. These players team with Jason like nothing we’ve seen before and have really ruined what fun was left in the game.

Seeing Jason run past counselors to go after you, saving his buddies, letting them fix shit, grab them and spin around and drag games out is unacceptable, pathetic, and disruptive. If players want to help their friends get trophies and points and play as a team that is what PRIVATE lobbies are for. If you aren’t playing the game even within the realm in which it was designed you are, objectively, playing it incorrectly.

And the late argument that teaming now isn’t considered bannable doesn’t hold because that was proven only to be true because the developers admitted they didn’t want to continue reviewing complaints about teaming or betrayals, fact. If you’re letting your friends live, you’re teaming and you’re garbage, go play private. Again, you have to play the way it’s designed or go play another game or play offline. I’ve spoken with dozens of backers and we literally paid for this game and we were here first  one of the promises from the developers upon delivery was the ability to report cheating, teaming, trolling, and other toxic behavior so, again, that argument doesn’t hold.

Furthermore, if you intentionally let your friends escape on the boat or in the car while you tunnel one person, you’re a teamer, a tunneling troll, and a hack. Players want to cry about anyone who DARE question how they play yet consistently are caught teaming and holding lobbies hostage. And btw, simply going to another lobby does not and has not solved the problem or stopped the behavior so that argument doesn’t fly. Troll apologists are just another form of trolls and people who defend teaming and tunneling are likely engaging in the same behavior so spare me, I’ve seen it.

I knew this would get worse but the typical naysayers on the forum cried and cried saying how dare anyone mention that Jason tunneling one person while letting his friends live was a problem. So to the people that said, “how is tunneling trolling??1” Or tried desperately to say that tunneling isn’t indicative of teaming, I’m glad to inform you that now you know. And to those idiots that argue “don’t try to force people to play a certain way”... this is exactly what you’re already doing by enabling trolling, teaming, and tunneling: you’re forcing other people to play a certain way at the mercy of teamers and trolls. That’s all. 

Tunnelling is only 'trolling' when Jason is teaming with other counsellors. And then it's more of a problem with the teaming, rather than the strategy of tunnelling itself.

Tunnelling as a strategy can work (by wearing down low-stamina counsellors), but it can also be detrimental if doing so lets other counsellors get stuff done. But then it's not trolling; it's just bad strategy.

• Like 1

I will tunnel the fk out of any Deborah, La Chappa or AJ on the map. 

You can be Chad, stand right next to them, and I will ignore you. 

If I kill the repair characters, then good luck getting anything done to escape.

Now, if I'm in a lobby with Jason kill squads, I will tunnel the fk out of any female character.

Yes, that means I will completely ignore Chad to go kill a Tiffany. 

It's not trolling, it's called strategy.

So again, how is tunneling, in and of itself, trolling? 

• Like 1

I can see what you're trying to get to. If I'm playing as a counselor such as, idk, Buggzy and Jason morphs to me and tunnels me and the match started like 30 seconds ago, then yeah, I'd be pissed. But that in no way, shape or form is considered toxic. It's ensuring a kill so you can go for the others after you've killed them, despite an escape objective being fixed.

Now, if I'm Jason, and I tunnel someone out of a group of chainstunners, and I'm considered 'toxic' or 'trash' for tunneling them, that's on them. It's their dumbass fault that they got killed. I'm not trying to be stunned at least 100 times and everyone gets to leave. Hell no! Ion play by that.

Tunneling as Jason is somewhat fun though xD Just don't be a dick about it.

[This is completely unrelated to the topic] I can still get a 7/7 or an 8/8 despite me not playing since September. Yes, I've gotten back on the game but I haven't played much. PS: I'm not bragging.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

It’s been over half a year since I made this thread and tunneling has only gotten worse. I am vindicated in reading six months worth of complaints on the forum and Reddit, many which have to deal with tunneling as a form of both trolling and teaming.

Since the PS+ deal, nearly every lobby has 2, 3 and even 6 players partied up working together. These players team with Jason like nothing we’ve seen before and have really ruined what fun was left in the game.

Seeing Jason run past counselors to go after you, saving his buddies, letting them fix shit, grab them and spin around and drag games out is unacceptable, pathetic, and disruptive. If players want to help their friends get trophies and points and play as a team that is what PRIVATE lobbies are for. If you aren’t playing the game even within the realm in which it was designed you are, objectively, playing it incorrectly.

And the late argument that teaming now isn’t considered bannable doesn’t hold because that was proven only to be true because the developers admitted they didn’t want to continue reviewing complaints about teaming or betrayals, fact. If you’re letting your friends live, you’re teaming and you’re garbage, go play private. Again, you have to play the way it’s designed or go play another game or play offline. I’ve spoken with dozens of backers and we literally paid for this game and we were here first  one of the promises from the developers upon delivery was the ability to report cheating, teaming, trolling, and other toxic behavior so, again, that argument doesn’t hold.

Furthermore, if you intentionally let your friends escape on the boat or in the car while you tunnel one person, you’re a teamer, a tunneling troll, and a hack. Players want to cry about anyone who DARE question how they play yet consistently are caught teaming and holding lobbies hostage. And btw, simply going to another lobby does not and has not solved the problem or stopped the behavior so that argument doesn’t fly. Troll apologists are just another form of trolls and people who defend teaming and tunneling are likely engaging in the same behavior so spare me, I’ve seen it.

I knew this would get worse but the typical naysayers on the forum cried and cried saying how dare anyone mention that Jason tunneling one person while letting his friends live was a problem. So to the people that said, “how is tunneling trolling??1” Or tried desperately to say that tunneling isn’t indicative of teaming, I’m glad to inform you that now you know. And to those idiots that argue “don’t try to force people to play a certain way”... this is exactly what you’re already doing by enabling trolling, teaming, and tunneling: you’re forcing other people to play a certain way at the mercy of teamers and trolls. That’s all. 

We get it. You feel teamers and tunnelers are the scum of the Earth. There are worse people playing this game, but they are still near the bottom.

I don't personally condone tunneling, but I get why it's being done. Friendship, blind rage and trolling are all likely causes. Sometimes it can be a good strategy, when used correctly by certain people. Other times it leaves people feeling singled out, whether that was the intention or not.

I occasionally see tunneling in a QP match. Usually it's because a troublesome player is being a dick for one of the following reasons:

Hoarding parts on the roof.

Glitching to and staying on the roof.

Talking a whole bunch of nonsense, racial slurs, etc.

Running over others for no good reason at all. (This is a common way to make people rage quit, both good and bad alike.)

Taking a car out of camp by oneself, even though others helped and there were open seats in said car. (If it's for the "Chad Is a Dick" accomplishment, that is understandable. If the same person does it match after match, that's a different story.)

As far as one forcing others to play a certain way, I think it is more like one is giving others suggestions on potential ways to play that can lead to a more pleasant match, based on their own personal experiences. No one twists the arm of anyone else to play a certain way. What works for person A may not work for person B, and vice versa. Quite a few of us here have friends we've made from this game. All of us tend to gravitate towards like-minded players.

It would be great if people played the game as intended. The only thing is, as long as players think outside the box, that's why the game is being played as it is now. People live for finding glitches, exploiting the glitches, and teaching those glitches to their friends. They in turn teach their friends, and so on. Before you know it, a large number of people are doing it. It's not right and it sucks, but only the developers can change things.

Play groups exist that do not tolerate teaming or trolling, but rather encourage legitimate and honorable game play. I don't know if the Good Sportsmanship Club is still a thing, but that could solve problems that many have.

19 minutes ago, Cheex said:

Tunnelling is only 'trolling' when Jason is teaming with other counsellors. And then it's more of a problem with the teaming, rather than the strategy of tunnelling itself.

Tunnelling as a strategy can work (by wearing down low-stamina counsellors), but it can also be detrimental if doing so lets other counsellors get stuff done. But then it's not trolling; it's just bad strategy.

Anyone that gets Jason to tunnel them buys precious time for the rest of the team to get things done. A rational Jason won't fall for it.

Just now, SirMang said:

I will tunnel the fk out of any Deborah, La Chappa or AJ on the map. 

You can be Chad, stand right next to them, and I will ignore you. 

If I kill the repair characters, then good luck getting anything done to escape.

Now, if I'm in a lobby with Jason kill squads, I will tunnel the fk out of any female character.

Yes, that means I will completely ignore Chad to go kill a Tiffany. 

It's not trolling, it's called strategy.

So again, how is tunneling, in and of itself, trolling? 

From your experiences, it seems there are logical reasons to tunnel players at times.

On 5/1/2018 at 8:11 PM, Theiceman105 said:

I love tunneling. Everybody escapes while some dumbass chases me for 20 minutes straight, it's amazing!

You took the words right out of my mouth. Few things sweeter to a counselor than wasting a Jason's time. Good evasion practice too.

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I tunnel bunnies, I can’t help it, I have a problem, I know.... but it’s wabbit season, 😝 

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits. 😎

It's duck season next month.

• Haha 1

@BeautyNumber2 I've not noticed any increase in tunneling. But let's say you're correct about an increase in tunneling. So what? If they're dumb enough to do it I hope they enjoy the merry chase I'm going to lead them on. If you are right and they're teaming, again so what? I'm not going to let some jackass get me upset. If they choose to leave their friends for last that's their prerogative. There's nothing that says you have to kill counselors in a specific order. How exactly is it cheating to not kill them in the order you deem correct?  I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm not sure how you think you have a legitimate grievance. 

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

@BeautyNumber2 I've not noticed any increase in tunneling. But let's say you're correct about an increase in tunneling. So what? If they're dumb enough to do it I hope they enjoy the merry chase I'm going to lead them on. If you are right and they're teaming, again so what? I'm not going to let some jackass get me upset. If they choose to leave their friends for last that's their prerogative. There's nothing that says you have to kill counselors in a specific order. How exactly is it cheating to not kill them in the order you deem correct?  I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm not sure how you think you have a legitimate grievance. 

Looking at it from the perspective of 8 friends playing together, at some point tunneling could happen. I doubt friends would get upset if one of their own tunneled them. If you play with the same people over and over, you get a sense of how they operate.

In QP, if someone tunnels me, I take it as a compliment if they feel the need to chase me because they feel I'm worth chasing. While they do that, stuff gets done, and someone gives me a lift once I give Jason the slip.

About the only thing I can think of that Jason can do to “troll” players is to hang out in the lake. Maybe wound everybody to limping and then not kill them. That’s about it. Tunneling people: definitely not. 

Always kind of surprising when I get effectively tunneled to be honest. My AJ has Epic+ Light Foot and Restful so I'm either invisible to begin with or able to disappear quickly. I also run Preparedness so I always know where other counselors are; that way I can either avoid them (it's almost always being around louder/incompetent/trolling counselors that gets me in trouble) or dump Jason on them while I go off to continue hunting for items/repairs. I think the Light Foot/Restful combo really f*cks with some Jasons since AJ is supposed to be a slower/low stamina counselor but I'm usually able to ditch them in the first 10 minutes so long I can regularly regain stamina through cabin-hopping. It's also important to be ready to leave immediately when you hear his music when you spawn near the phone or a car. A less stealthy counselor should probably just get out the moment they see the phone or a car at the beginning of the game if they don't want to be tunneled; even with AJ it's only once I got silent sprint that bad spawns stopped being a death sentence when I hung around too long.

And I saw someone suggest that Jason should listen to counselors to figure out their plans. That goes both ways: I've seen multiple Jasons fooled by a counselor telling someone to finish an objective when no-one was actually near it. 😁

17 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Always kind of surprising when I get effectively tunneled to be honest. My AJ has Epic+ Light Foot and Restful so I'm either invisible to begin with or able to disappear quickly. I also run Preparedness so I always know where other counselors are; that way I can either avoid them (it's almost always being around louder/incompetent/trolling counselors that gets me in trouble) or dump Jason on them while I go off to continue hunting for items/repairs. I think the Light Foot/Restful combo really f*cks with some Jasons since AJ is supposed to be a slower/low stamina counselor but I'm usually able to ditch them in the first 10 minutes so long I can regularly regain stamina through cabin-hopping. It's also important to be ready to leave immediately when you hear his music when you spawn near the phone or a car. A less stealthy counselor should probably just get out the moment they see the phone or a car at the beginning of the game if they don't want to be tunneled; even with AJ it's only once I got silent sprint that bad spawns stopped being a death sentence when I hung around too long.

And I saw someone suggest that Jason should listen to counselors to figure out their plans. That goes both ways: I've seen multiple Jasons fooled by a counselor telling someone to finish an objective when no-one was actually near it. 😁

I use the tactic of misdirection at times. Jason falling for it is priceless.