I’ve noticed a major increase in the amount of tunneling while other players escape. Jason will go after you and only you while other counselors are A) right there B)running objectives C) escaping D) dancing in a cabin. Is this another new addition to the state of the game? Players simply have to kill you while their buddies fuck around or escape? Without mics, this is a huge trolling/teaming tell for me when Jason ignores nearby counselors repairing and tunnels you WTF is wrong with the people that play this game? I’m taking another break until the patch. 

• Like 2

From what i know only bad players do this because they want to kill at last someone. Even if that means letting 4 people escape in a car.... because why not right ?!

25 minutes ago, Ansi said:

From what i know only bad players do this because they want to kill at last someone. Even if that means letting 4 people escape in a car.... because why not right ?!

Reminds me of one time in Higgens Haven I helped fix the car and stayed behind to let other players escape. The Jason player made it clear he'd rather go after me than the car, so I fled to the lodge and suicided out a second story window right before he would have killed me.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Shame on you! How could you let the 4 seater drive off?! What kind of killer are you?"

Having your mic on and talking to Jason could be 1 reason. I've sometimes had Jason tunnel me for decades just because of 1 rude comment ?

Well here's a tip (which may not always apply) if you go after a couple counselors, and they're using mics, listen closely to what they're saying to each other. I have ruined their little plan a few times, all because I clearly heard them say over their mics something to the extent of, "ok, I'm gonna distract him while you guys fix the car". I then proceeded to go after the guys working on the car ?

I do this sometimes.  I don't ignore counselors doing objectives, but I will try to pick lonely counselors off, especially if I manage to find an isolated AJ, Deborah, or Chapa.  If I pick up on one of these isolated repair characters, I will keep on them usually until I get them because I know they have very little stamina and they are more likely to complete objective repairs.  I only leave them if I have been on them a while and I hear a trap go off at the car or the phone box, then I try to get back to them ASAP to continue the pressure.  I tend to leave the faster counselors (Tiffany, Vanessa, Bugsy, and Tommy) for last.  I don't think its trolling.  Sometimes its just effective strategy.  However, in your initial post I think you were referring to those who stay on people and just ignore their traps, the car, and the phone.  In that case, I do not understand that "strategy" at all.  What good is getting one counselor and letting four escape in the blue car or everyone get out via the police? In that case, it makes no sense.  You may be dealing with trolls or just very inexperienced Jason players. 

How is that trolling...? So he saw you and was set on killing you, big deal. That's not trolling...

• Like 2

Personally, I don’t care if some counselors escape. I worry less about clearing and more about having fun. Trying to Morph/Shift stop a car has always proved frustrating for me. While I will make the effort, I generally won’t stop my current pursuit to go after the car.

The boat, on the other hand, I will try and sink everytime. I have not completed those patches yet.

I have had this happen to me quite a few times. I figure Jason just likes my cologne.

4 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

What's tunneling?

Sticking to your target without deviation, chasing someone until you catch them and ignoring everything else.

tunneling isn't trolling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

What's tunneling?

Tunneling is a slang term for a Jason player developing "Tunnel vision" and focusing on chasing one counselor exclusively while ignoring basically everything else.

It sucks to be on the receiving end of it if you aren't running a Stamina+ counselor

Experienced this as well. After stunning Jason multiple times, he got angry and tunneled the shit out of me. Meanwhile, the car(s) were escaping.

8 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I’ve noticed a major increase in the amount of tunneling while other players escape. Jason will go after you and only you while other counselors are A) right there B)running objectives C) escaping D) dancing in a cabin. Is this another new addition to the state of the game? Players simply have to kill you while their buddies fuck around or escape? Without mics, this is a huge trolling/teaming tell for me when Jason ignores nearby counselors repairing and tunnels you WTF is wrong with the people that play this game? I’m taking another break until the patch. 

Sounds like someone’s rustled that Jason killed them and other people escaped

• Like 1

I usually find Jason tunneling funny. More than anything I laugh at them wondering what their deal is. If they want to chase me while the cops get called and the 4 seater gets fix fine by me, let them enjoy that 1-8 score.

Jason tunnels people in the movies. Once he sets his sights on you he is gonna do whatever it takes to kill you. I look at it as more of a badge of honor that Jason thinks I am worth the time to tunnel in the first place. And hey...if keeping him occupied allows others to escape - that is a win in my book - especially if I am playing Tommy Jarvis. 

• Like 3

I main Deborah, Jason always tunnels me.

1. I don't have a ton of stamina or health (even with a nice perk). He can wear me down quick.

2. I fix things so others can escape

3. I'm stealthy so if he doesn't he might not find me again for awhile

4. I can wear the sweater

I totally get it. You happen upon a Debbie, you make sure she it out of the game.

• Like 2

Please let's not bring this toxic idea of "tunneling" into our game. Leave that crap in Dead Before Daylight.

Jason is a killer. Learn to run from him. He is not beholden to follow some stupid etiquette rules you think are honorable. If you are near him, you're fair game. 

• Like 4

Based on my experience there are 2 types of tunneling, one of which I perceive to be trolling. 

The first kind is where Jason has fixated himself on you for whatever reason and he's Hell bent on taking you out. It is what it is and the merits of tunneling as a strategy are up for debate.

The other kind is trolling, I believe, and it's usually happening with some telltale signs. It's likely a group in QP that is just fucking with any player not a part of that group. The thing to watch for is the reaction of the other counselors. If Jason is after you and you jump in a cabin with a couple other counselors who happen to be dancing around a radio, and when Jason breaks in and passes them and the dancing idiots make no attempt to run or get ready to fight, yeah, you're being fucked with and odds are that when you're dead you're just going to spend the next 15 minutes spectating a lot of stupid.

• Like 2

This doesn't bug me unless its within the first 15 seconds of the game and the Jason player stalks me for the next 5 minutes until I just run out of stamina or catch a bad break.  For some reason, this has been happening often only within the past few weeks.

17 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Oh this happens to me A LOT LOL!

5 hours ago, DasMurich said:

The first kind is where Jason has fixated himself on you for whatever reason and he's Hell bent on taking you out. It is what it is and the merits of tunneling as a strategy are up for debate.

This is the most common one that happens to me, some of these cases results in Jason getting killed and then DC'ing out the match. I remember one time I was literally just dancing (Not even on Jason and trolling) Jason had noticed me dancing and then he went and chased me for like 7 minutes. People called the cops during that time and everyone escaped except for one person who died. We all ended up trolling him at the police, this is sadly what happens when you get in your feelings folks' 

I remember one game when I was P8 some guy thought I would spare him and chase the boat that left him behind. Then he got upset that I didn't.

17 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Well here's a tip (which may not always apply) if you go after a couple counselors, and they're using mics, listen closely to what they're saying to each other. I have ruined their little plan a few times, all because I clearly heard them say over their mics something to the extent of, "ok, I'm gonna distract him while you guys fix the car". I then proceeded to go after the guys working on the car ?

Which is why you should mute the Jason player. I always mute the Jason player, is the mute featured still bugged on PC? I don’t play PC so I wouldn’t know