ns7979

Is "teaming" with Jason against the rules?

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

I see the concern about them being posted online but there's nothing stopping the person who took the video from doing that.

Yes, but that would be their choice. I would imagine there would be "privacy" concerns. Plus this is just working with the assumption that they could just send the videos out to people. Maybe they would need some sort of developer access through microsoft? I don't have the answers there, but I would guess it's probably more difficult than just sending out an email to some random volunteer.

I don't disagree there could be privacy concerns, or that it might not be possible from a logistics stand point. It might be worth looking into for the devs assuming they care about the issue and haven't already considered it.

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I don't disagree there could be privacy concerns, or that it might not be possible from a logistics stand point. It might be worth looking into for the devs assuming they care about the issue and haven't already considered it.

No argument there. It's a good option if it's possible 

Teaming with Jason should be against the rules. You're essentially killing your fellow team mates by leading Jason to them, opening doors to let him in, blocking them off so they can't escape etc.

Absolutely ludicrous that this crap is allowed to happen.

• Like 1

Just now, Ste_Wolf said:

Teaming with Jason should be against the rules. You're essentially killing your fellow team mates by leading Jason to them, opening doors to let him in, blocking them off so they can't escape etc.

Absolutely ludicrous that this crap is allowed to happen.

Not only that. Then the teamers just fuck around for the remaining time dancing or running around next to Jason.

33 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Not only that. Then the teamers just fuck around for the remaining time dancing or running around next to Jason.

That's the most recent cause for me quitting as host. I watched this dude screw over the whole lobby. When it was down to Jason and his buddy I messaged the Jason player and warned him that I would quit if he didn't kill his friend. He responded with "k". They kept running around together so after a few minutes I ended it. He messaged me with "wtf" then added me for some reason.

If you're going to cheat (even though it's no longer cheating) at least end it fast... There's no reason you should hold up the lobby you just fucked over...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's pretty rampant on Steam right now, the teaming. It's really obvious sometimes, others not so much. I finally found some lobbies today and got in 3 matches, 2 of which were plagued. 

The first one, had no idea until there was one survivor left and they got the car started and crashed, and crashed, and crashed while Jason just kept up with shifts and morphs never doing anything any time the car was stopped. After 2 minutes I left. 

The other was a match on Pinehurst where I was being tunneled by a part 4 Jason all over the place while all I had was a gas can. I was hoping to finish the boat repair and bail. I unintentionally ended up in the phone house dodging him for a minute or two and then I saw 3 other counselors heading to the house. I was standing outside next to a window and I know Jason was in there. The 3 go inside, I think great here's my chance and go. They all hang out in the house for a few seconds and then Jason morphs to me and starts chasing me again. So, yeah, fuck that. I left. 

I am really, really hoping this update gets players to come back and draws in some new blood in. If it does, along with Salt Mine, hopefully the game will settle with a larger, healthier playerbase.

• Like 1

I just had multiple players complaining that I was NOT cooperating with them as Jason when I killed one of them right before they escaped - "Lame man, you just can't let a noob get out and get a few more XP?"  Then they complained that I wasn't talking on my mic while I was Jason.  

I just don't get a lot of people in this community, when they start bitching about you for NOT cheating and shit-talking during the game.

On 4/30/2018 at 9:13 PM, bewareofbears said:

Even if it was, no one is getting banned for anything. Team away. They don’t care.

This is true the other day I was playing put in battery and gas and had the keys the guy near the 2 seater was shouting at me so I out the car un the bottom of the lake, if anything would have got me banned this should of. He swore to the good lord he was gonna report me