ns7979

Is "teaming" with Jason against the rules?

5 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I love it when people try to Jason team me when I’m the host. I’m always like, “seriously? You want me to close the lobby”? And then I do, if not when I die then right after I survive the round just so I can mock them. Trolling the host is about as stupid as it gets. No one wins, everything just gets ruined. 

Yep. Happened to me yestetday. Closed it just as the last non teamer was getting killed.

Good thing once the salt mines come out, I'll be the one getting punished.

Because that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Truth said:

How exactly can they prove that someone was really helping Jason? Some of them are obvious, most are not...

What's stopping people from playing in the same house and just shouting out counselor locations? How would you prove that's what they were doing? You can't, so they removed the rule...

What a dumb argument.

In real life you can't prove every murder. As a society, did we go "aww man, but some murders are hard to prove, might as well make murder legal"?

• Like 1

Yeah, I used to record people and send them in, but no one really cares. The teamers know also, so just laugh at you when you say you are reporting them. I just remember names if I can and avoid when I see them. Pretty easy with small community, but then again they can always change name so....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Yep. Happened to me yestetday. Closed it just as the last non teamer was getting killed.

Good thing once the salt mines come out, I'll be the one getting punished.

Because that makes sense.

The salt mines have a bit of a downside. Sometimes I will leave a match early if I receive an invite from a friend. If I wait until the end of the game then chances are very good that that lobby will be filled and then we will always be playing phone tag, so to speak. Once the salt mines are in play I suppose that won’t be allowed. 

If only there was a way to ban teaming. It's annoying as hell, really... when I play with my friends, I just save them for last, but I kill them if they try to escape or if they are in fact the last ones left.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

These people should get banned.

I agree, my point is they can't really prove a lot of the reports especially with such a small crew.

@malloymk

I was giving one example of many... I also wouldn't compare teaming in a video game to murder, that's a bit extreme.

25 minutes ago, Truth said:

I agree, my point is they can't really prove a lot of the reports especially with such a small crew.

@malloymk

I was giving one example of many... I also wouldn't compare teaming in a video game to murder, that's a bit extreme.

Don't be dense please. 

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Don't be dense please. 

How can you expect a team of less than 100 people to go through thousands of reports everyday and still continue working on the game? If they can't even prove that people were doing something wrong, what's the point?

I agree that these people should be dealt with. The problem is there's really no good way to do so.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

How can you expect a team of less than 100 people to go through thousands of reports everyday and still continue working on the game? If they can't even prove that people were doing something wrong, what's the point?

I agree that these people should be dealt with. The problem is there's really no good way to do so.

The reason there are so many reports in the first place is because they're not doing anything about it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, malloymk said:

The reason there are so many reports in the first place is because they're not doing anything about it.

Because there's nothing they CAN do about it...

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Because there's nothing they CAN do about it...

Incorrect. They could literally hire some college kids for $10 an hour to watch reported game footage. Flag games where trolling is obviously or probably occurring and then send it to someone higher up so they can make the final determination. 

Yeah, I know they won't stop everything.

That said banning players that are obviously trolling/teaming would be a good start. 

3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Incorrect. They could literally hire some college kids for $10 an hour to watch reported game footage. Flag games where trolling is obviously or probably occurring and then send it to someone higher up so they can make the final determination. 

Yeah, I know they won't stop everything.

That said banning players that are obviously trolling/teaming would be a good start.

Alright, and how do they fund that while continuing to work on/add to the game? More emotes? More clothing dlc?

Nobody is going to be buying more copies right now... They have very little cash flow coming from this game.

Just now, Truth said:

Alright, and how do they fund that while continuing to work on/add to the game? More emotes? More clothing dlc?

Nobody is going to be buying more copies right now... They have very little cash flow coming from this game.

Lol. They've sold quite a few units on this game. Maybe use that money?

They've hemoraged players mainly due to trolling, quitters, and bugs.

If they choose to use their financial resources on dance emotes instead, then so be it. You can count me as someone that thinks that is a bad idea.

12 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. They've sold quite a few units on this game. Maybe use that money?

They've hemoraged players mainly due to trolling, quitters, and bugs.

If they choose to use their financial resources on dance emotes instead, then so be it. You can count me as someone that thinks that is a bad idea.

You're assuming they still have that after paying all the appropriate licensing fees, employees, lawyers, etc...

Yes, and they continue to lose people daily as we wait for the update.

I was saying they would have to fund the "report team" somehow, likely by selling more emotes/clothing dlc. I agree it's a bad idea, but if they don't have the funds how else do they get them?

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

You're assuming they still have that after paying all the appropriate licensing fees, employees, lawyers, etc...

Yes, and they continue to lose people daily as we wait for the update.

I was saying they would have to fund the "report team" somehow, likely by selling more emotes/clothing dlc. I agree it's a bad idea, but if they don't have the funds how else do they get them?

Lol. This was a kickstarted game that did well above their expectations in terms of unit sales.

If they don't have the money to pay 1 or 2 people 10 bucks an hour to watch video game footage, then they should probably just close up shop.

Also, why are you under the assumption they have no money?

23 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. This was a kickstarted game that did well above their expectations in terms of unit sales.

If they don't have the money to pay 1 or 2 people 10 bucks an hour to watch video game footage, then they should probably just close up shop.

Also, why are you under the assumption they have no money?

1 or 2 people wouldn't be enough... My assumption is due to the fact that the last surge in sales was in October. After that, this game hasn't generated any income other than a few sales here and there.

@Slasher_Clone volunteers could work, but they'd be putting a lot of trust in the community. There are people like you and I that would actually make a difference, then there are the people that would just start posting the reported videos online and flaming the players.

@malloymk

Regardless, this is just what I think is going on. I could be wrong. Maybe they really did just give up on the reports altogether. Maybe they don't give a shit about people working with Jason. I'm not a dev, I don't know the details.

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

start posting the reported videos online 

Ah, I did not think of this. It could be gotten around but probably not worth the effort. 

I have been making suggestions in other threads to help limit trolling. Two things come to mind, badges that go with the keys, gas, battery and so on, that let a players searching the map know it is in someone else's possession. This would out trolls in a clearer way as trolls behaviour would be much more obvious. Yes glowing icons in drawers or on the floor would be an immersion breaker but it would be minor. The second is giving people an outlet for that behaviour that doesn't effect other players, lots of Bot to kill and betray as the little monsters could want. 

I don't play many other games so I don't know their solutions to the problem of teaming, maybe a good solution already exists and we just need to borrow it.

1 or 2 people wouldn't be enough... My assumption is due to the fact that the last surge in sales was in October. After that, this game hasn't generated any income other than a few sales here and there.

@Slasher_Clone volunteers could work, but they'd be putting a lot of trust in the community. There are people like you and I that would actually make a difference, then there are the people that would just start posting the reported videos online and flaming the players.

@malloymk

Regardless, this is just what I think is going on. I could be wrong. Maybe they really did just give up on the reports altogether. Maybe they don't give a shit about people working with Jason. I'm not a dev, I don't know the details.

I don’t know about “no” income, but they certainly don’t seem to know what is considered “valuable” to somebody like me. They routinely give away things that I’d pay for and charge for things that I don’t want. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

They routinely give away things that I’d pay for and charge for things that I don’t want. 

Out of curiosity, what WOULD you pay for?

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Out of curiosity, what WOULD you pay for?

New Jasons and player characters, most obviously. Special kills are good, but cheesy outfits and emotes aren’t. 

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

New Jasons and player characters, most obviously. Special kills are good, but cheesy outfits and emotes aren’t. 

That's what I thought. I got the emotes and swimsuits when they came out but mostly just to support the devs. They made some poor choices so I stopped buying the dlc. As of right now, I'm glad that's all I bought.

That's what I thought. I got the emotes and swimsuits when they came out but mostly just to support the devs. They made some poor choices so I stopped buying the dlc. As of right now, I'm glad that's all I bought.

I mean really, there’s tons of people out there willing to pay an arm and a leg for Savini. Charging $3 for access to Roy should have been easy money. Too late now. 

10 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Too late now. 

Yup. I feel like if they started charging for new Jason models or counselors there would be a lot of backlash. That's why I only mentioned emotes/clothing before.

@Truth I actually think think the volunteers thing could work. I see the concern about them being posted online but there's nothing stopping the person who took the video from doing that. As to paying for new Jason's and counselors I'd have been fine with that but the devs were probably trying to avoid people bitching about pay to win stuff.