ns7979

Is "teaming" with Jason against the rules?

When I started playing the word was teaming was a bannable offence. Now I don't think they care about it because they don't have enough players to ban anybody. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ns7979 said:

Curious if teaming is a bannable offense? 

Even if it was, no one is getting banned for anything. Team away. They don’t care.

It's frowned upon but it's not bannable anymore from what I've seen. Best thing to do is find like minded players who don't do that stuff and play with them. A mic helps. It's a long road but it's worth it. I'm finally playing with friends almost everyday instead of randoms.

• Like 2

It used to be, then they changed it...

It's frowned upon, and will usual get the teamers banned due to report's.

So, yeah. It is against the rules imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Wow! The CoC is really lax now:blink:

Well without a proper team to handle reports, how could they have possibly sorted through them all and determined who was actually cheating? It was a good idea at the beginning, but without people constantly looking into them it was never going to end well.

Today Jason kept grabbing me and I was able to escape him 3 times as Tiffany. How the hell that happened, idk. Maybe he didn't want to kill me early cause I was the host. But I was just waiting for people to say I was Jason teaming. That's one of the reasons why I don't think it's easy to prove. Jason kept letting me go but that wasn't my fault. from the outside it looked like Jason teaming.

1 hour ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Today Jason kept grabbing me and I was able to escape him 3 times as Tiffany. How the hell that happened, idk. Maybe he didn't want to kill me early cause I was the host. But I was just waiting for people to say I was Jason teaming. That's one of the reasons why I don't think it's easy to prove. Jason kept letting me go but that wasn't my fault. from the outside it looked like Jason teaming.

It takes a little more than that, when someone is opening doors, and always arrives somewhere just before Jason, then it looks like teaming. I've seen plenty of Jasons that couldn't fire of a grab kill for what ever reason, and ended up dropping counselors repeatedly.

[video removed by moderator]

30 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

My main objective when I play Jason is to not kill the host. I’ve had people say i’m teaming with the host player, but that is NEVER the case. I just want the game to end properly. I don’t even care really if Jason quits, but I always kill the host last, or let him/her escape.

14 minutes ago, Pyegow said:

I always kill the host last, or let him/her escape.

I refuse to play the game of worrying about the salty host quitting. I will kill the host in the first minute if I stumble upon them. I don't go looking for them, but when it's their turn to die they die. I refuse to feed anyones ego by letting them think that being a piece of shit quitter is acceptable. I'd rather they quit so that everyone knows what sort of person they are.

• Like 4

Unlike the previous posted video not all Jason teamers are easy to prove.

Generally they'll be in a party chat so they can just tell each other where people are.  They can lead Jason to other people and then just take off or try to hide.  They can take car parts/prop/fuse early in a match when no one is observing and lock them in upstairs bedrooms, like at the Packanack lodge. 

All of those are Jason teaming techniques, none of them would be provable in context of the game to even report them, if Jason teaming was even against the rules, which it's not. 

52 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I refuse to play the game of worrying about the salty host quitting. I will kill the host in the first minute if I stumble upon them. I don't go looking for them, but when it's their turn to die they die. I refuse to feed anyones ego by letting them think that being a piece of shit quitter is acceptable. I'd rather they quit so that everyone knows what sort of person they are.

As soon as I hit150 i won’t care anymore. I’m just trying to cut down my XP losses. 

I started playing like this after I got two conduct warnings from PlayStation for sending verbally abusive messages to the host after they quit. It turns out that destroying 7 people’s gaming experience on the PS network, is not a breach of conduct, but sending them a message asking why their such a piece of shit, and other various curse words and insults and such, are. I actually waited 150 minutes to actually speak to someone at PlayStation. That’s basically what they told me. 

I take my gaming seriously and I’m old, so my time is precious. I blow my lid when my time is wasted by blatant disrespect for others. I totally understand your view though! 

1 minute ago, Pyegow said:

As soon as I hit150 i won’t care anymore. I’m just trying to cut down my XP losses. 

I started playing like this after I got two conduct warnings from PlayStation for sending verbally abusive messages to the host after they quit. It turns out that destroying 7 people’s gaming experience on the PS network, is not a breach of conduct, but sending them a message asking why their such a piece of shit, and other various curse words and insults and such, are. I actually waited 150 minutes to actually speak to someone at PlayStation. That’s basically what they told me. 

I take my gaming seriously and I’m old, so my time is precious. I blow my lid when my time is wasted by blatant disrespect for others. I totally understand your view though! 

I like to send them friend requests afterwards so that I can tag their PS4 Gamertag to the videos when I post them.

• Like 2

The only time I'll team with the counselors as Jason is when I'm on the map as Jason and I see an asshole harassing the players and trying to run them over with the car. I make it a mission to just hunt down the jackhole who is ruining everyone's fun while letting the others complete objectives and escape and get their XP. Thankfully, this is extremely rare running into a match with this going on.

I love it when people try to Jason team me when I’m the host. I’m always like, “seriously? You want me to close the lobby”? And then I do, if not when I die then right after I survive the round just so I can mock them. Trolling the host is about as stupid as it gets. No one wins, everything just gets ruined. 

It´s like shitting on our heads. Teamers are a big problem and instead of punishing them, they make it legal. Another move to please the trolls in this game.

On 4/30/2018 at 8:35 PM, ns7979 said:

Curious if teaming is a bannable offense? 

Nope... Not at all.  

46 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It´s like shitting on our heads. Teamers are a big problem and instead of punishing them, they make it legal. Another move to please the trolls in this game.

How exactly can they prove that someone was really helping Jason? Some of them are obvious, most are not...

What's stopping people from playing in the same house and just shouting out counselor locations? How would you prove that's what they were doing? You can't, so they removed the rule...

54 minutes ago, Truth said:

How exactly can they prove that someone was really helping Jason? Some of them are obvious, most are not...

What's stopping people from playing in the same house and just shouting out counselor locations? How would you prove that's what they were doing? You can't, so they removed the rule...

They could at least ban the obvious one. But anything against cheaters seems to be too much work for them tbh, not only the teamers.

Also ratting out one or two counselors was never an issue anyways and accepted by the devs. It´s the obvious teaming that´s the problem. People running around in front of jason leading him everywhere and surviving as the only one, including timewasting until the clock is down once they are alone by farming XP. These people should get banned.