HowAreYa

Worried about the Salt Mines

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Ever had salt on salt with extra salt on the side?

FflohQi.gif

That sounds amazing lol

Just now, jameson87 said:

That sounds amazing lol

I once ate a big bowl of salt! I went to the hospital that day but man I proved I could do it! Take that Fry!

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I once ate a big bowl of salt! I went to the hospital that day but man I proved I could do it! Take that Fry!

Lmao

Case in point, I just played a match with nobody on mics which is already a red flag, but nothing major. I go to 2 cabins and a nearby counselor comes to the cabin I’m in and starts shadowing me and hitting me for no reason. Red flag two. I’m suspicious so I set a trap and hide under a bed and observe as the counselor continues to swing at me. That counselor runs away and out of radar. Immediately Jason shows up right at my cabin, starts busting it down, and goes instantly to the bed I was hiding under. So I’m supposed to believe that at 2 minutes into the match somehow Jason detected me in a hiding spot and the spirit of the Lord told him to b-line for the exact bed I was in. Absolutely not. Teamers and trolls that couldn’t kill anybody unless their buddies were telling them everyone’s location

• Like 1

Eh teamers don't really bother me as long as the teaming Jason doesn't wait until the last minute to kill his counselor buddy. Just play the game, do your best to escape or just die and wait for the next match and leave at lobby 

4 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Case in point, I just played a match with nobody on mics which is already a red flag, but nothing major. I go to 2 cabins and a nearby counselor comes to the cabin I’m in and starts shadowing me and hitting me for no reason. Red flag two. I’m suspicious so I set a trap and hide under a bed and observe as the counselor continues to swing at me. That counselor runs away and out of radar. Immediately Jason shows up right at my cabin, starts busting it down, and goes instantly to the bed I was hiding under. So I’m supposed to believe that at 2 minutes into the match somehow Jason detected me in a hiding spot and the spirit of the Lord told him to b-line for the exact bed I was in. Absolutely not. Teamers and trolls that couldn’t kill anybody unless their buddies were telling them everyone’s location

Shit most of the time they can't kill anyone even if they are teaming. It's a shit tactic for shit players.

I played a game a couple days ago (I wasn't host) and a fellow counselor ran into my cabin. The guy just stands there. Then jason comes in and kills me.

I noticed on the camera that it was happening a lot. So i messaged him. He responds back "i'm helping my little brother, he's Jason". 

How in the eff can anyone enjoy playing like that? 

If you suspect or see teaming just go commit suicide.It screws the Jason out of a kill. Then you can leave unless you are the host.Just avoid hosting. No Salt penalty. This is how I'm not Jason leavers will get around the mines.They'll just go suicide ASAP and leave. You can leave once you are dead.

6 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

If you suspect or see teaming just go commit suicide.It screws the Jason out of a kill. Then you can leave unless you are the host.Just avoid hosting. No Salt penalty. This is how I'm not Jason leavers will get around the mines.They'll just go suicide ASAP and leave. You can leave once you are dead.

They will still get salt for leaving the match.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

They will still get salt for leaving the match.

Not after they're dead.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

Not after they're dead.

Oh, i thought they did reading hoe the OP was typed. It states leaving early period gives salt. Must have missed where after in spectate was clarified.

14 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Oh, i thought they did reading hoe the OP was typed. It states leaving early period gives salt. Must have missed where after in spectate was clarified.

There still needs to be a solution for suicide, I think it should earn salt if it's done without taking damage from Jason.

Salt Mines is a bad idea, if I'm being honest. If I'm in a game with someone helping Jason, why stay the whole game? How about as Jason if I'm glitched and can't do nothing and cannot get unglitched, why would I stay? 

Gun Media cannot add this feature till they fix glitches that break the game otherwise they would be punishing players for their mistakes because people don't wanna stay if they're glitched.

But what about cheaters? Does Gun Media really expect us not to leave if people are teaming with Jason or purposely holding on to items? 

In all honesty, I don't really think Gun Media thought this idea through and they shouldn't of announced it, not till they fix the game breaking bugs and add a solution to the cheaters helping Jason. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Salt Mines is a bad idea, if I'm being honest. If I'm in a game with someone helping Jason, why stay the whole game? How about as Jason if I'm glitched and can't do nothing and cannot get unglitched, why would I stay? 

Gun Media cannot add this feature till they fix glitches that break the game otherwise they would be punishing players for their mistakes because people don't wanna stay if they're glitched.

But what about cheaters? Does Gun Media really expect us not to leave if people are teaming with Jason or purposely holding on to items? 

In all honesty, I don't really think Gun Media thought this idea through and they shouldn't of announced it, not till they fix the game breaking bugs and add a solution to the cheaters helping Jason. 

I can't wait to get put in the salt mines because I wasn't okay with with counselors using hacks to root me in place so they can kill me later on in the match.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I can't wait to get put in the salt mines because I wasn't okay with with counselors using hacks to root me in place so they can kill me later on in the match.

I'm guessing you're on PC? That sucks people do that crap, but it just amazes me how they thought this "Salt Mines" was a good idea. I know they mean well but the way it's presented isn't very well handled. I think they honestly need to go back to the drawing board and think of something else. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, AdmiralJT said:

There still needs to be a solution for suicide, I think it should earn salt if it's done without taking damage from Jason.

How could they prove or tell if a player suffered any damage from Jason before they suicided? They'd have to monitor every match on all systems (PC,Xbox,PS4).Don't see that happening. They can't eliminate suiciding.it's a built in game mechanic. They'd have to recode the entire game.Not happening either. There is always do  nothing for 2 minutes and be automatically kicked from the game, no salt for that either.

10 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

How could they prove or tell if a player suffered any damage from Jason before they suicided? They'd have to monitor every match on all systems (PC,Xbox,PS4).Don't see that happening. They can't eliminate suiciding.it's a built in game mechanic. They'd have to recode the entire game.Not happening either. There is always do  nothing for 2 minutes and be automatically kicked from the game, no salt for that either.

They already monitor damage in a match. If you escape without being injured at all you get an "Unscathed" bonus. It's not hard to concieve of how to monitor damage specifically from Jason.

Probably code it to where, when Jason hits a counselor, it sets a flag as off. At the end of the match, if death is by suicide then it checks the flag, if flag is off then no salt is issued, if flag is on then  salt is issued.

It's definitely does not require recoding the entire game.

I'm no programmer nor coder but changing or adding code wouldn't require recoding the entire game? Regardless how long would it take them to do it? We already have waited 4 months and previous patches seemed  to take months to appear as well.So you are saying if a person jumped through a unopened window on the lower floor of a main house trying to get away from Jason,managed to  get upstairs and jump out a window and die they should get salt? The suicide issue has already answered in another thread anyway,Shifty said no salt penalty for suiciding or idle time kicks.

44 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm no programmer nor coder but changing or adding code wouldn't require recoding the entire game? Regardless how long would it take them to do it? We already have waited 4 months and previous patches seemed  to take months to appear as well.So you are saying if a person jumped through a unopened window on the lower floor of a main house trying to get away from Jason,managed to  get upstairs and jump out a window and die they should get salt? The suicide issue has already answered in another thread anyway,Shifty said no salt penalty for suiciding or idle time kicks.

What I outlined is not the same as the engine overhaul we have been waiting for, so no it would not require "recoding" the entire game.

The situation you described is uncommon enough that the salt accrued wouldn't relegate them to the salt mines. My suggestion would send people to the salt mines who repeatedly commit suicide to either come back as Tommy, or troll Jason and deny him his kills.

While it has been answered, that doesn't mean I or other people agree with it, that is one of the purposes of these forums, to make suggestions and discuss possible changes to the game.

As predicted, first match multiplayer after patch and 2 people were teaming together, one of them was Jason. The other guy told Jason about my location and he escaped. Typically. Nothing changed, except the fact we can't do anything about it because we aren't allowed to leave those matches.

I'd just gotten out of the salt mines. Entered a game. Noticed this counselor was following me around. Jason comes over and kills me.

I come back as Tommy and unsurprisingly the same counselor approaches me and then Jason appears. I ran off and locked myself in a cabin. Counselor arrives, unlocks it and Jason grabs me, i use my knife. Try to run out and his friend blocked me in lol. I quit when Jason grabbed me