HowAreYa

Worried about the Salt Mines

Sometimes leaving (as host) is justly, for example when people are teaming with Jason. Will we get punished for this as well because it is justly?

Yes, you'll get points for leaving as the host. Regardless the reason for doing so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Yes, you'll get points for leaving as the host. Regardless the reason for doing so.

And this is the main issue with the mines.

• Like 1

Just stick it out and report them. I’d rather let them have their shitty round than end up playing more shitty rounds in the salt mines. And it’s worth it since they’ll go to the salt mines

3 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

Sometimes leaving (as host) is justly, for example when people are teaming with Jason. Will we get punished for this as well because it is justly?

If you can't wait twenty minutes as the host to quit, you deserve to be in the mines with the other quitters. Don't like it don't be host, exit at the lobby.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If you can't wait twenty minutes as the host to quit, you deserve to be in the mines with the other quitters. Don't like it don't be host, exit at the lobby.

I'm not only talking about being a host, but being a player as well. When I see people teaming with Jason, I just leave because I don't want to play against that shit. I think it's reasonable to leave even if you're hosting when you see players teaming with Jason. The thing I'm worried about is that the dev's haven't looked to this issue and won't be solved in the next update.

• Like 2

Again be a good sport, wait till you die or escape then leave with no salt gained. It really isn't worth panicking about unless you do it every other game. The only people who are really scared of the salt mines know they behave badly already and in the future that behaviour will net them salt. If you can't be bothered to wait, or run up to Jason and let him kill you then leave, you deserve salt. 

It isn't worth all the stress, be a good sport and stop worrying. After the salt mines are running, maybe cheaters will start finding themselves there too. 

• Like 1

I'm still not convinced. I still think it's good sport to leave when you see people teaming with Jason to ruin the whole match multiple times and the only thing you can do against that is simply leaving. The Salt Mines just won't work without the issue being fixed where people partying together can be picked as Jason. I know the Salt Mines is built to punish toxic and salty players, but also innocent people will be punished for leaving a completely unfair match. Not leaving will result in a waste of 20-minutes which can be valuable. Before they're implementing the Salt Mines, they should look at this.

1 hour ago, HowAreYa said:

I'm still not convinced. I still think it's good sport to leave when you see people teaming with Jason to ruin the whole match multiple times and the only thing you can do against that is simply leaving. The Salt Mines just won't work without the issue being fixed where people partying together can be picked as Jason. I know the Salt Mines is built to punish toxic and salty players, but also innocent people will be punished for leaving a completely unfair match. Not leaving will result in a waste of 20-minutes which can be valuable. Before they're implementing the Salt Mines, they should look at this.

This is true, and I do see your point, but think of it this way. It won't be long until pretty much all those toxic players end up in the salt mines, therefore, there will be no reason to leave a game, and this will be a non-issue. ;)

As if salt mines will ever happen. They are talking about it for like 2 months and still nothing. They probably just wanted to scare people. :lol:

That being said, it's very annoying to deal with hosts leaving. Also annoying to deal with people teaming up with Jason, just finish the match and quit in the lobby. If possible, report them later, although I doubt reports mean a thing too.

16 minutes ago, AJViolet said:

As if salt mines will ever happen. They are talking about it for like 2 months and still nothing. They probably just wanted to scare people. :lol:

That being said, it's very annoying to deal with hosts leaving. Also annoying to deal with people teaming up with Jason, just finish the match and quit in the lobby. If possible, report them later, although I doubt reports mean a thing too.

Salt mines are confirmed to be in the next update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

I'm not only talking about being a host, but being a player as well. When I see people teaming with Jason, I just leave because I don't want to play against that shit. I think it's reasonable to leave even if you're hosting when you see players teaming with Jason. The thing I'm worried about is that the dev's haven't looked to this issue and won't be solved in the next update.

Yeah same this is my issue with the salt mines too. Even with this update I plan on quitting if I meet Jason teamers, it’s just a big waste of time and ‘salt’ is temporary anyway. They said it’d have to accumulate/ be a frequent thing before you get thrown in the mines so if it’s just occasional quitting it shouldn’t make a difference. I would like to agree to stick out the match and report the cheaters but sending in reports to Jasonkillsbugs.com is tedious and nothing’s ever done about it. Seems a little lazy an ingame report feature isn’t bundled with the salt mines.

Imho it's a bad idea. I do quit when the game doesn't work or when there are Jason helpers. Both those situations are their fault and we are going to pay for it.

6 minutes ago, Hancove said:

Imho it's a bad idea. I do quit when the game doesn't work or when there are Jason helpers. Both those situations are their fault and we are going to pay for it.

Theres certain things that makes you gain more salt points.When there are Jasons  little helpers, its just better to let them kill you so you don't get no points at all and to report it.

I don't have time to waste to be honest. If I see that I can't play properly I will quit and start a game with people that has a brain. 
A proper report system  that really punish such behaviour is what it's needed but it's not there otherwise we would not have this problem.

4 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Theres certain things that makes you gain more salt points.When there are Jasons  little helpers, its just better to let them kill you so you don't get no points at all and to report it.

Or they just fix the issue where party members are able to be picked as Jason. Then we wouldn't have to leave at all.

1 minute ago, HowAreYa said:

Or they just fix the issue where party members are able to be picked as Jason. Then we wouldn't have to leave at all.

I'm not sure they are allowed to tweak with those settings.

Another salt mine thread? Ok.

Look at it this way, the Jason teamers are usually friends, they communicate and they take control of the round. It happens but it's rare, for me at least. Out of 50 or so rounds it happens 1 or 2 times. Maybe I just get lucky. Got do something else and let the match play out. Go to the restroom. Make food. Get on your phone. Then exit the lobby when the match is over. Imo quitting back to back every match no matter what the reason should get you a ticket to the salt mines. It's a game, a multiplayer one at that, so you're going to run into idiots and cheaters and exploiters. Every online game has them. If you don't like it you have yourself to blame. QP is a risk to play with these idiots. And if you don't like it, meet new people, friend them, and play together. I have met several people lately and now get matches where there's 3 or 4 of us who know each other and we like to play the game how it's meant to be played. I assume I'll eventually be to the point where I can fill a private match lobby. And you know why I'm friending people? Because I know that if I don't like QP and the risk of playing with the assholes, complaining does nothing because there's a way for me to fix that. Either you're too lazy, or you dont care as much as you're letting on.

The salt mines will help lesson the amount of quitters and make them start playing together. This won't be the last update, so stick it out, be proactive about avoiding Jason teamers all together, or just don't play a multiplayer game if you're going to quit because you play with garbage people. You only need to be worried if you quit every other round. Quiting occasionally won't get you to the salt mines. If you're quiting every other round you belong in the salt mines, because if you're having that many rounds that are unplayable in your eyes, and not doing anything proactive about it to get into private matches, then you have yourself to blame imo.

Will you get salt if you are in a match and your internet goes out? If so, then this is going to be a big problem for me since my internet has a tendency to go out frequently. 

12 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Will you get salt if you are in a match and your internet goes out? If so, then this is going to be a big problem for me since my internet has a tendency to go out frequently. 

Well, here's what I've heard, and anyone else, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently you don't get punished if you occasionally lose connection. And furthermore, the engine update, which the salt mines are part of, will most likely fix the connection issues, so that wouldn't be a problem anyway.

59 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Well, here's what I've heard, and anyone else, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently you don't get punished if you occasionally lose connection. And furthermore, the engine update, which the salt mines are part of, will most likely fix the connection issues, so that wouldn't be a problem anyway.

They said you won’t be punished cause you have to consistently drop out of matches to enter salt mines but yeah you still get salt points for connection drops, that’s how I interpreted it. Hopefully like you said the game runs smoother on the new update but we’ll see.

4 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Another salt mine thread? Ok.

Look at it this way, the Jason teamers are usually friends, they communicate and they take control of the round. It happens but it's rare, for me at least. Out of 50 or so rounds it happens 1 or 2 times. Maybe I just get lucky. Got do something else and let the match play out. Go to the restroom. Make food. Get on your phone. Then exit the lobby when the match is over. Imo quitting back to back every match no matter what the reason should get you a ticket to the salt mines....

If I switch on my ps4 is because I want to play, not to watch my smartphone. Sorry but I don't take any blame if I quit when I see Jason's friends. I should be rewarded not to keep the farse going on. And most important I'm not going to stop playing multiplayer games because there are retarded people connected in the internet. They should be banned, not me.

As I said a proper report system would have solved the problem together with dedicated server that I think we will never see

11 hours ago, HowAreYa said:

Just walk away and leave it going if you can’t wait until the game is over, we need salt mines, to many people are very good a quting just when you grab them... vanishing into thin air... happened to me in a room full of 150’s (I’m 150 as well)2  people did it in a row, I think they should also credit Jason with the kill if anyone leaves during a match, even if Jason isn’t around, I don’t think anyone will disagree with me there(except the people who don’t like playing like Jason.