35 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Have the devs ever acknowledged that Roy's shift stat isn't actually neutral?

What do you meannnn?

On 4/29/2018 at 9:26 AM, Loading said:

+Throwing knives is highly underrated.

I guess a lot of people here haven't face a player that can throw them with accuracy without having to aim them.

It's super deadly up close because you can follow up with a grab or slash. It doesn't matter if you have swift attack. The throwing knives will cancel it because it hits faster.

You do realize they are auto-aim right? The trick is NOT aiming. The trick is releasing the trigger quickly before the counselor moves out of the way.

The more you know! *rainbow*

he is bad but not because of his shift its because of his -stun and defense he's easy to pinata same goes for 2 and 3 

3 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

he is bad but not because of his shift its because of his -stun and defense he's easy to pinata same goes for 2 and 3 

Stun resistance does little, if anything. Defense has a noticeable impact on HP, but if the counselors are capable of demasking a Jason with lower HP, they'll still be able to demask a Jason with normal HP.

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

Stun resistance does little, if anything. Defense has a noticeable impact on HP, but if the counselors are capable of demasking a Jason with lower HP, they'll still be able to demask a Jason with normal HP.

-stun does alot one you pretty much can one shot stun no matter the weapon or character and you're in stun mode for 5-10 seconds and can be demasked while in stun as for counselors being able to knock off high HP jason mask just as easy as a low one is complete non sense

No Part 7 and Part 9 are bad, but I still murk everybody with them even in lobbies full of fellow 150 players because I'm a beast and an alpha male.

14 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

No Part 7 and Part 9 are bad, but I still murk everybody with them even in lobbies full of fellow 150 players because I'm a beast and an alpha male.

NVI817R_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The thing about Roy is that he requires a lot of careful planning and reacting, like almost every other Jason. First of all, analyze your situation. Are you hunting down one or multiple counselors? If you are hunting down multiple counselors, do no approach. Those counselors will more than likely get your mask off depending on the counselors. Regardless, a group of counselors against Roy is still bad. Try to either let the group split up on their own or do it yourself. With that Stalk, I would surprise attack a group member and quickly kill them. Because of the limited amount of time you may have, use a quick kill. Otherwise, hunt down lone wolves and use your knives to slow them down.

19 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

To say your an alpha male makes you sound like Chad - a dick.

Anyway, I don't think Part 9 is actually bad. He can hunt down counselors individually and surprise them constantly. His traps weakness is awful, and he still has issue in a large group situation, but he will more than likely not get stunned by a Chad or Jenny with a Wrench or Bat. For some reason, the Jasons with defense weakness take four blows from a wrench to stun, even Roy... just imagine what a wrench does to Part 9.

Is Roy bad? Yeah, bad to the bone. 

ezgif.com-add-text-1f48126c64fb4539b.gif

In the movies he's also bad at being inconspicuous but the law enforcement is inept so we can let it slide. His only irredeemable quality is that he didn't kill Reggie. 

• Haha 2

Best music if Part 9 Jason!

But I haven't personally played Roy (Not a big Fan but happy he is in the game.) So I have no comment since I mainly play Part 7.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Qcici said:

What do you meannnn?

Roy actually has the -Shift cool down and duration in Shift. He just moves at neutral Shift speed. He is better than -Shift but worse than neutral Shift...an oddball.

5 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Roy actually has the -Shift cool down and duration in Shift. He just moves at neutral Shift speed. He is better than -Shift but worse than neutral Shift...an oddball.

I don't get it, could you explain in 1035679000 IQ sentences?

Nah I'm joking, that's really weird... I don't see that on console, to me it looks like he has regular shift cooldown and durations-- now that I think about it, his speed kinda feels like a +Shift Jason, but I don't really know.. 

3 minutes ago, Qcici said:

Nah I'm joking, that's really weird... I don't see that on console.

It's across all platforms. Have a look in the Playbook thread if you want to see what the timings and cool downs are for different Jasons.

Part 5 / Roy

2 hours ago, Alkavian said:

It's across all platforms. Have a look in the Playbook thread if you want to see what the timings and cool downs are for different Jasons.

Part 5 / Roy

Was this intentional, or an error, in the coding? Roy, having a neutral shift speed, but minus range, and cool down?

7 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Was this intentional, or an error, in the coding? Roy, having a neutral shift speed, but minus range, and cool down?

It was completely intentional IMO. He was presented like this at release and has always been this way. Apparently to classify a Jason's Shift, the programmers primarily consider his velocity. Actual duration in Shift and cool downs are smaller considerations. Personally, If 2 out of 3 factors are negative, I would have called that a weakness.🤨

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:17 AM, Zenigundam said:

Part IX isn´t bad. Great Shift and normal Morph , which are perfect to put pressure on These damn counselors and can be played very aggresive. His only weakness is -Traps and less Hit Points make almost no difference. It isn´t really hard to wreck shit with Part IX.

Considering that part V is Roy and not even the real Jason, I'm surprised they made him as efficient and strong as they did.  He is actually pretty decent, which surprised me to be honest.