i-cold

Salt mines is " A New Beginning"

It could be implemented in other Multiplayer games as well, separating serious players from retarded childrens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I while I agree that people regularly quitting matches is a problem, I think the Salt Mines is a highly flawed and completely unfair way of dealing with it. The game currently has several game-breaking bugs that sometimes will force a player to quit a match through no fault of their own, and due to the way that the Salt Mines are set up they would be punished for doing so. For example, the infamous 'camera is stuck on the ground on a random part of the map' glitch that makes it impossible to play...unless you can blindly find a window to open if you're a counselor or if someone is nice enough to hit you with a weapon if you're Jason, you're screwed. But if you quit, you're penalized.

If the game was bug-free, I'd agree with the Salt Mines. But in it's current state, the Salt Mines are complete bullshit and 100% unfair.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

There are a lot more serious issues with gamers in this game than people rage quitting. The cheats are a major problem but much harder to deal with. The types that help Jason by keeping the phone fuse, holding on to batteries, petrol. In the past they could dump these things in the woods or the water, but now we can see where these things are. Maybe they can still dump things in the water? Will petrol etc show on the map if they are dropped in the water? Or are they now automatically put onto land?

The problem with the salt mines is that it is emboldening the gamers that like to make fun of Jason players. You know these assholes, you've escaped with the Police and there is a group of players that hang around the exit hitting Jason and running around wasting LOADS of everyone's time!!!!!!! In the past as Jason you could put a stop to it by just leaving the game, now you'd get penalised for it. So the game still has a big problem and it is called ASSHOLES! There is a ASSHOLE problem in this game. People who just can't behave like an adult. They think it is fun to harass other gamers. So we now need a Mine for Assholes, and Asshole mine, called the Anus Mines.

• Like 3

Assholes is a problem with any game become human beings are garbage and you will never avoid it. But it's so frustrating to have 5 matches back to back where everyone but 4 players quit. It ruins the dynamic it having 7 vs Jason, and it ruins it if you're the host or Jason. These bugs are supposedly being worked on which is why the update is taking so long. So hopefully these issues will be a one off scenario in the future instead of common and happening daily. As far as the bugs, it might be just you guys. I've had bugs happen to me but it's extremely rare. It's happened less than a handful of times to me in the 3 months I've had this game and I play everyday for at least an hour and if I'm lucky more. So if you are constantly having bugs but not everyone else is it could be your connection. I doubt it happens to you on a daily basis. Once the salt mines come out and they get more data they could change the rate and how people gain salt. But the same Jasons, hosts, and counsellors quiting daily because they don't get their way need to be separated from everyone because they ruin the game for everyone. Instead of quiting just stick out the round and find a new lobby. It also helps to make friends and invest in a mic. I got mine for $14. That way you can build up a good group of people and play away from the assholes. But if you are only doing QP and quiting because you get stuck with bad people then I don't feel sorry for you and I don't think the devs should either. Because you know the risks of playing QP, and you quiting because people are being assholes instead of waiting to exit the lobby is on you. Learn to have patience and stop being scared that salt will hurt you. If you're quitting daily then imo you belong with the quitters. Some of these bugs are hilarious. I got stuck once in the sitting position and I could only swing to move. I laughed it off and Jason killed me. Next round I was fine. Bugs and glitches exist in every game I've played. It happens. Yes it happens more on this but the devs are working on it. The salt mines isn't meant to fuck everyone over. It's meant for the people who are quiting matches 10 times in a row. 

I mean it already has been implemented into other game franchises. First one that comes to mind is when GTA decided to make cheater lobbies and mark people with the dunce caps. 

• Like 3

My only issue with the mines is the host will have to put up with teaming and cheating scum if they don't want salt. And since Illfonic don't care about that type of behavior the players who play normally will be the ones getting the salt.

A workaround for not getting salt is you have to die or commit suicide first before you quit.

Only players that quit while still alive get salt added.

The problem is what if your stuck where Jason can't kill you because of bugs?

What if you can't do anything as Jason because of a bug and counselors won't help you?

What if you get disconnected or ''lost connection to host'' because a host quit the game early?

What if your stuck in a match that suddenly has 400 to 999 ms/ping and everyone lags all over so you quit?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

d9af37d158b19d00bad464488e8d8f58.jpg

Will they ever really tell us how to get to sesame street?

Exhibit.canyoutellmehow.gif

Before you hit the quit button and risk getting some salt, you got to ask yourself one question.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The Salt Mines really isn't unique, it's commonly known online as the "Prisoner's Island" concept. In other words, people who act sour get demoted to a point where the only people they play with are like-minded individuals, until they finally cut down on the salt as well as show they're willing to be better sports with other people.

It's not a foolproof way to deal with salty people, but it's typically easy to install into a game, and the mere threat of entering the dreaded isle is sometimes enough to steer would-be troublemakers towards a better path. Sometimes, anyways. On other occasions people don't really care, but at least they get stuck playing with people their own rage, and other times it gets trolls to quit because they end not being able to deal with other troublemakers in a twist of irony.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:29 PM, Dolemite said:

I while I agree that people regularly quitting matches is a problem, I think the Salt Mines is a highly flawed and completely unfair way of dealing with it. The game currently has several game-breaking bugs that sometimes will force a player to quit a match through no fault of their own, and due to the way that the Salt Mines are set up they would be punished for doing so. For example, the infamous 'camera is stuck on the ground on a random part of the map' glitch that makes it impossible to play...unless you can blindly find a window to open if you're a counselor or if someone is nice enough to hit you with a weapon if you're Jason, you're screwed. But if you quit, you're penalized.

If the game was bug-free, I'd agree with the Salt Mines. But in it's current state, the Salt Mines are complete bullshit and 100% unfair.

Cut, print. 

39 minutes ago, megaweenieman said:

I support it. I hate crying little birches who rage

47603_AFD_F552_4_F7_D_80_A0_4575624_F51_

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2018 at 10:20 PM, i-cold said:

It could be implemented in other Multiplayer games as well, separating serious players from retarded childrens trolling players.

Sad to say, but some of the "serious" players of this game fall into the category of trolling players.

On 4/28/2018 at 10:44 PM, Peter1970 said:

There are a lot more serious issues with gamers in this game than people rage quitting. The cheats are a major problem but much harder to deal with. The types that help Jason by keeping the phone fuse, holding on to batteries, petrol. In the past they could dump these things in the woods or the water, but now we can see where these things are. Maybe they can still dump things in the water? Will petrol etc show on the map if they are dropped in the water? Or are they now automatically put onto land?

The problem with the salt mines is that it is emboldening the gamers that like to make fun of Jason players. You know these assholes, you've escaped with the Police and there is a group of players that hang around the exit hitting Jason and running around wasting LOADS of everyone's time!!!!!!! In the past as Jason you could put a stop to it by just leaving the game, now you'd get penalised for it. So the game still has a big problem and it is called ASSHOLES! There is a ASSHOLE problem in this game. People who just can't behave like an adult. They think it is fun to harass other gamers. So we now need a Mine for Assholes, and Asshole mine, called the Anus Mines.

There's no cure for those who contract the condition of being an asshole.

On 4/29/2018 at 1:04 AM, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Assholes is a problem with any game become human beings are garbage and you will never avoid it. But it's so frustrating to have 5 matches back to back where everyone but 4 players quit. It ruins the dynamic it having 7 vs Jason, and it ruins it if you're the host or Jason. These bugs are supposedly being worked on which is why the update is taking so long. So hopefully these issues will be a one off scenario in the future instead of common and happening daily. As far as the bugs, it might be just you guys. I've had bugs happen to me but it's extremely rare. It's happened less than a handful of times to me in the 3 months I've had this game and I play everyday for at least an hour and if I'm lucky more. So if you are constantly having bugs but not everyone else is it could be your connection. I doubt it happens to you on a daily basis. Once the salt mines come out and they get more data they could change the rate and how people gain salt. But the same Jasons, hosts, and counsellors quiting daily because they don't get their way need to be separated from everyone because they ruin the game for everyone. Instead of quiting just stick out the round and find a new lobby. It also helps to make friends and invest in a mic. I got mine for $14. That way you can build up a good group of people and play away from the assholes. But if you are only doing QP and quiting because you get stuck with bad people then I don't feel sorry for you and I don't think the devs should either. Because you know the risks of playing QP, and you quiting because people are being assholes instead of waiting to exit the lobby is on you. Learn to have patience and stop being scared that salt will hurt you. If you're quitting daily then imo you belong with the quitters. Some of these bugs are hilarious. I got stuck once in the sitting position and I could only swing to move. I laughed it off and Jason killed me. Next round I was fine. Bugs and glitches exist in every game I've played. It happens. Yes it happens more on this but the devs are working on it. The salt mines isn't meant to fuck everyone over. It's meant for the people who are quiting matches 10 times in a row. 

While it's meant for the bad eggs of the community, a good one may end up in there once in a while for a time.

7 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Will they ever really tell us how to get to sesame street?

My daughters tried to figure that out once. The result ranged from 500 to 1000 licks.

Getting to Sesame Street is easy. Take a right on Main St., travel West through Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, and drive past Shining Time Station. It's the third street on the right. You can't miss it. :)

• Haha 2

On 4/28/2018 at 10:20 PM, i-cold said:

retarded childrens

Think we need a DAY CARE update too.

Someone needs to invent some sort of squeaker detection system for Adult games.  One that detects their high pitch squeaky voices and then puts them in other lobbies with other squeakers.

Last night 6 lobbies i joined where infested with squeaky lil bastards.   My ears....  OOOWWW my ears.    And they are so dumb and useless..  

Heres hoping the Salt Mines collect most of them.  

I wish the accumulation of salt had already started, that way, when the updates drops these losers are in their own lobbies! I played eight matches this weekend, and had seven host quit mid match!! This is getting ridiculous!! Most of the host that quit, was the first to get killed. They get butt hurt, and just end the game for everyone. And if your one of the ones that does this, then here you go..... ??????

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

infested with squeaky lil bastards.   My ears....  OOOWWW my ears

I hear that

Image result for screaming kids movie gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T.W said:

I hear that

Image result for screaming kids movie gif

Hahaha. That GIF is how I feel when people just play music on there mics. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

While it's meant for the bad eggs of the community, a good one may end up in there once in a while for a time.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice a few for the good of the many. I'll stand by it, if you are a constant quitter, you belong in the salt mines.

12 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Sometimes you have to sacrifice a few for the good of the many. I'll stand by it, if you are a constant quitter, you belong in the salt mines.

Well yeah. To me, that’s what a “quitter” is. It is someone who constantly quits. Some good players have to do it rarely due to ping times or whatever, but I stand by my comment too. ??????to all the constant quitters!! ???

On 4/28/2018 at 10:44 PM, Peter1970 said:

I'd much rather see them place on an "ass"teroid ??

On 4/28/2018 at 9:20 PM, i-cold said:

It could be implemented in other Multiplayer games as well, separating serious players from retarded childrens

I agree, and liked 

I can't for the life of me understand the Jason teamers. It's a game, the points mean NOTHING in real life.  Winning or losing is irrelevant, just have fun. That's what this game is for me. That said, the best way I've found to deal with Jason teamers is to suicide.  There's nothing more satisfying than getting to the match summary screen and hearing those d!ck-bags cry about lost kills.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2018 at 9:29 PM, Dolemite said:

Don't you think that this system will be based on frequency rather than overall penalizing activity? 

Let's say this is you:

55942131.jpg

You're a great player who everybody loves to play with.

If you quit twice a day because of glitches -- and let's say just for academic purposes, the "limit" before getting a "Salt Strike" is 5 -- and you're allowed two "Salt Strikes" per week. YOU will never go to the salt mines.

Now, let's meet Dorky Morky:

hpzq4.jpg

Dorky Morky decides to quit EVERY TIME he's not Jason-- or every time he's killed. He quits on an average 11 times per day, passing the 5 per day limit. After three "Salt Strikes" in a week, off to the mines he goes.

Thanks to this system, You -- our hero -- don't have to play with Dorky Morky very long until he's whisked away to Jerkland. And you're given your daily/weekly allotments to cover you for weird situations just like you described, while people who make quitting a daily (and HOURLY) habit are punished.

See???

Next up: "Puberty . . . and YOU." 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 12:29 PM, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Repeated quitters, regardless of the reason, are causing problems for the majority.