Mitch Floyd  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Is Mitch crap, meh or underrated?

• He is crap
    • Meeeeeeeh
    • He is great but sadly he is underrated too.

13 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

The fact is that Eric is a low composure/3 speed counselor. He panics too quickly to be more useful in combat due to higher stumbles, and the higher amounts of stumbling he does makes him vulnerable if he has to run from Jason weaponless (which can happen if he's holding an objective part). It's like having two different handguns: one that is more reliable but has less ammo capacity, while the other one holds an additional round but is more prone to jamming. Guess which one you'd use in a life or death situation, and you'd see why Mitch is the better figher.

Stumble only matters in combat, as far as running away from Jason it is roughly the speed of a jog and doesn't negatively impact creating distance. While Mitch may stumble less, he will break weapons faster and deny himself the stamina needed to maintain mobility in prolonged Jason encounters. Even 1 extra bat hit is going to provide 50% more stamina + more time to regain it, and Eric takes the lead on that even if we ignore all other factors between them. Not to mention you are guaranteed to fix an objective during any stun as a 10 repair which is the only reason you would pick a counselor like that.

Just now, Tommy86 said:

Stumble only matters in combat, as far as running away from Jason it is roughly the speed of a jog and doesn't negatively impact creating distance. While Mitch may stumble less, he will break weapons faster and deny himself the stamina needed to maintain mobility in prolonged Jason encounters. Even 1 extra bat hit is going to provide 50% more stamina + more time, and Eric takes the lead on that even if we ignore all other factors between them. Not to mention you are guaranteed to fix an objective during any stun as a 10 repair which is the only reason you would pick a counselor like that.

In Eric's case, stumbling can adversely affect him because his 3 speed can only match a running Jason's speed. So everytime he stumbles, that's additional ground Jason gains on him. It's not usually a problem most counselors, even other 3 speed counselors (since Jenny/Mitch won't panic quickly), have to worry about, but it's something Eric has to uniquely worry about. It's basically the reason why Eric is so bad compared to everyone else. Of course there's the walking Jasons, but they have their own toolset to use in those circumstances (better Shifts on Part 6 & 9, for instance).

Preventing stumbles is big in this game because one stumble right before you were about to hit Jason can spell your doom, and the fact that Eric stumbles way more often than Mitch is the deal sealer here. Furthermore, if you fix during a stun, you likely have backup if Jason tries anything while you fix in that 3.65-5.18 seconds. And since the difference between 8-10 repair is one second (if not less) of repair time, it still really doesn't matter. Maybe if you fix while Jason is stunned alone, sure, but you solve this issue by being with a group as well as not attempting repairs on your own (and how do fight other than using a firecracker if you're solo fixing to begin with?). And if you're the last counselor....well you're just SOL then if Jason is nearby, because it's very likely you're not going to use that repaired objective to escape.

11 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

In Eric's case, stumbling can adversely affect him because his 3 speed can only match a running Jason's speed. So everytime he stumbles, that's additional ground Jason gains on him. It's not usually a problem most counselors, even other 3 speed counselors (since Jenny/Mitch won't panic quickly), have to worry about, but it's something Eric has to uniquely worry about. It's basically the reason why Eric is so bad compared to everyone else. Of course there's the walking Jasons, but they have their own toolset to use in those circumstances (better Shifts on Part 6 & 9, for instance).

That’s exactly what I mean though, stumbling only matters in combat. If you are creating distance from Jason, it doesn’t matter at all because you are not losing substantial speed from the stumble.

Also 1s during repair time can mean you either complete the objective or you don’t. A slash, or a knife, or a grab will prevent you from completing it then you are back to square one. Repair counselors are the most useful during contesting objectives and in that case you should choose the counselor with the highest ability for it. If you are playing solo, a 10 Repair is the only kind of repair that is reliable, anything less will most likely get you killed in Jason’s presence.

Like I said in my Strength tests, a stun can be as little as 5s so yes that extra 1s less for repair time is significant.

Just now, SirMang said:

I don't think any counselor is terrible.

It all depends on your play style. 

IMO not really, there’s only about a handful of counselors worth playing and the rest are just worse clones.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

IMO not really, there’s only about a handful of counselors worth playing and the rest are just worse clones.

The closest counselor to "terrible" IMO is Kenny.  Jack of all trades, master of none. 

Love Mitch. He's great, with surprisingly good repair stats for a stoned hippie lol.

Anyone could play as any counselor and still be good, I've seen Shellys and AJs do very well even though many people on here trash them. 

I kind of have to deal with that shit when it comes to Vanessa Vs Tiffany. Personally speaking I play better as Tiffany than Vanessa because 10 Stealth actually has advantages in the game. 

At the end of the day it all depends on skill. 

@Gummybish I don't know why people trash A.J she's a great lone wolf. As for Tiffany vs. Vanessa I prefer Vanessa but I have developed an appreciation for Tiffany. I just wish Light Foot worked on her.

I like Mitch, he encourages rushing objectives and is pretty calm when under pressure. He does have problems by himself and requires a teammate. Preferably somebody that fills a bodyguard role like Jenny or Adam.

5 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Anyone could play as any counselor and still be good, I've seen Shellys and AJs do very well even though many people on here trash them. 

I kind of have to deal with that shit when it comes to Vanessa Vs Tiffany. Personally speaking I play better as Tiffany than Vanessa because 10 Stealth actually has advantages in the game. 

I main Shelly often in QP lobbies and have great success even against high level players, who do display skill in the match.

Edit: From my personal experience with the game it seems that the developers designed the characters around the general nature of quickplay more so than high level meta game play, at least it comes across that way sometimes. 

• Like 1

I like him. His repair is on point, he's pretty good at get out of Jason grip and he's small so if you know of good hiding spots it works. I use him often.

On 4/30/2018 at 12:02 PM, Ste_Wolf said:

Love Mitch. He's great, with surprisingly good repair stats for a stoned hippie lol.

You must not have ever been around a smoker whos MacGyvered a water pipe using only a pen, soda can, straw and chewing gum.

8 hours ago, americanalien said:

I like him. His repair is on point, he's pretty good at get out of Jason grip and he's small so if you know of good hiding spots it works. I use him often.

I just don't use him often, idk why

I find myself using Deborah or AJ more. I like composure too.

8 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

You must not have ever been around a smoker whos MacGyvered a water pipe using only a pen, soda can, straw and chewing gum.

Stop telling people about my teenage years.

As somebody who actually does main Mitch Floyd, I find him enjoyable. I like him because his composure is pretty high, he has good repair, and his stealth is decent. Even though AJ is better at the stealth, part, Mitch is a good counselor. He definitely can put up more of a fight than AJ can, and he also can be hard to sense at times. I love playing Mitch Floyd. 

add swimsuit and different headband colors for mitch when

• Like 1

Having played him a fair amount now since this topic was initially started I've changed my mind, and have enjoyed playing Mitch quite a bit. I can survive a fair amount with him provided Jason doesn't tunnel me(and a fair amount of the time when he does). I think they get a bit pissed after 8 minutes of being unable to catch an old stoner.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, Gummybish said:

People trash AJ? Why? She's good. So is Shelley. wot the hell man.

16 minutes ago, Buddy489 said:

People trash AJ? Why? She's good. So is Shelley. wot the hell man.

AJ is the shit! Still my #1

11 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@badassgixxer05 Right? I don't main A.J. (mostly because I don't have a main) but I like A J. and don't understand peoples hatred for her.

There was a time not so long ago when lobbies were like 80% AJ's. I'm guessing it's a case of over saturation but idk honestly. She's good.