Sign in to follow this  
Jasix

New Way To Kill Jason

I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes I see people complain there is not that much variety in the game (I disagree). This got me thinking though - why is it that every Jason is killed the exact same way (Tommy + Sweater Girl). Maybe a future goal and a way to create variety and more strategy is to change the way Jason is killed...depending on which Jason is in the game. This new mechanic would not only create variety, but could also introduce new characters to be called instead of Tommy. So my questions are:

Do you think this is a good idea?

How would each Jason meet their death?

What would be the strategy for each Jason's death? What person would show up to help achieve the kill?

For J9,They could incorporate the dagger.Have Creighton Duke have a map to where he would find the dagger and the dagger would glow red in direction of  a female counsellor whose chosen to be Jason's Bloodline thus allowing her to be the one to kill Jason .This still requires the mask to come off.Some may call this "Fanfic" but whatever........

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

This has been talked about too many times. Use the search feature 

@Kodiak press X to lock thread.

Care to point me to the newest thread since my search fu is obviously weak and didn't turn up anything before I posted the topic. 

Yeah no need to be condescending. Just post the link to the existing thread and let them know a thread like this already exists. Sometimes if your search isn't worded correctly the existing threads can be hard to find.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

For J9,They could incorporate the dagger.Have Creighton Duke have a map to where he would find the dagger and the dagger would glow red in direction of  a female counsellor whose chosen to be Jason's Bloodline thus allowing her to be the one to kill Jason .This still requires the mask to come off.Some may call this "Fanfic" but whatever........

Yeah, I thought of something very similar. Using the dagger and having it be a female counselor delivering the final blow would add some nice variety.

As to why there is only one way to kill Jason, it's probably because programming a single mechanic is easier than programming multiple mechanics.

It would be nice if there was different ways to kill Jason. A lot of the ways I've seen suggested involved specific locations on the different maps. Those will never work because once Jason is vulnerable he will avoid those areas. However he is killed it needs to be able to be done anywhere on the map. 

What I think is needed is a variety of heroes instead of it always being Tommy. Each hero bringing their own specific way to kill Jason. Any Hero could be called to any map, but which ever is the first called that's the only one called.

2 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

I like this. Would be cool that it’s buried somewhere and requires a shovel

I don't want a bunch of ways to kill Jason. It makes it harder to do because you only have one shot and that's it. And an experienced Jason can easily avoid that by killing Tommy or the sweater girl befor they can activate the kill.

The only way it could work is if they take away the sweater completely and it randomly generates which kill can be completed. And don't make them location specific because the Jasons will never go to those spots.

I think we forget that this game is not about killing Jason, but about killing the counsellors. I'd rather get more creative kills for the counsellors than Jason. 

8 hours ago, Jasix said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes I see people complain there is not that much variety in the game (I disagree). This got me thinking though - why is it that every Jason is killed the exact same way (Tommy + Sweater Girl). Maybe a future goal and a way to create variety and more strategy is to change the way Jason is killed...depending on which Jason is in the game. This new mechanic would not only create variety, but could also introduce new characters to be called instead of Tommy. So my questions are:

Do you think this is a good idea?

How would each Jason meet their death?

What would be the strategy for each Jason's death? What person would show up to help achieve the kill?

I would like to see BOTH versions of Tommy (5&6) and they spawn randomly So you never know which Tommy is showing up.

7 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

No.

You cool. We chill. My #BROKENCompeer But no.

(Can't have ol' "21 Jump Street" come running in cause a) he wasn't a hero & 2) that story about the little girl, in the pink dress. Totally creepy dude.)

40 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I don't want a bunch of ways to kill Jason. It makes it harder to do because you only have one shot and that's it. And an experienced Jason can easily avoid that by killing Tommy or the sweater girl befor they can activate the kill.

The only way it could work is if they take away the sweater completely and it randomly generates which kill can be completed. And don't make them location specific because the Jasons will never go to those spots.

I think we forget that this game is not about killing Jason, but about killing the counsellors. I'd rather get more creative kills for the counsellors than Jason. 

I think maybe "Map Specific" Cinematics or the same type of kill "setup" (demask, sweater stun, to the knees, final blow) but with more weapon variety could be nice.

Maybe a Water Kill? Include a rock & chain to find & carry on the boat. Carrying the rock slows the councilor, making him/her an easier chase for Jason, but COULD pay off nicely for a stealthy councilor. If Jason tries to sink the boat of a councilor with this "trap", a cinematic starts of the councilor grabbing the chain, putting it on Jason and the boat SNAPS in the struggle. The rock sinks and Jason with it. Remaining councilors survive. #WONDERFUL

I think it could have alternate animations, like Tommy hitting on the side of Jason's head similar to part 4

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Maybe a Water Kill? Include a rock & chain to find & carry on the boat. Carrying the rock slows the councilor, making him/her an easier chase for Jason, but COULD pay off nicely for a stealthy councilor. If Jason tries to sink the boat of a councilor with this "trap", a cinematic starts of the councilor grabbing the chain, putting it on Jason and the boat SNAPS in the struggle. The rock sinks and Jason with it. Remaining councilors survive. #WONDERFUL

I get what you're saying, but adding a water kill would just make Jasons avoid the water altogether. I think the kill needs to happen anywhere at anytime. But it needs to be different methods randomly generated for it to work imo. So each round there's one shot to kill Jason and Jason had the chance to stop it. This game wasn't made to kill Jason or attempt it on a regular enough basis to need more ways to do it. But if they do listen to the demand and add more ways, they need to be careful to ensure Jason killing isn't easier than it already is. If people know what they're doing killing Jason is an easy task of majority of the lobby are in on it. I just played a round a few days ago where the entire lobby banned together before anyone died and we beat the shit out of Jason to get his mask off. Then someone let Jason kill him so he could be Tommy and we retrieved the sweater but Jason managed to kill all but me and Tommy and sweater girl. I lead them to the mask and then we hunt down Jason and he raged quit as we started the process. But my point is that was so easy when everyone was on board. I can't imagine how fun it would be to have more ways to kill him that will become easy over time. Jason killing should be a major accomplishment but it's not. It's actually quite common now. They'd have to really make some unique non location specific kills and win a game like that how can you achieve that without it being something Jason can avoid easier than Tommy and sweater girl or having the entire lobby search for a special weapon like the dagger before they attempt objectives? Also, the sweater kill is more in tune with the movies where as a random using the dagger is not. 

27 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I get what you're saying, but adding a water kill would just make Jasons avoid the water altogether. I think the kill needs to happen anywhere at anytime. But it needs to be different methods randomly generated for it to work imo. So each round there's one shot to kill Jason and Jason had the chance to stop it. This game wasn't made to kill Jason or attempt it on a regular enough basis to need more ways to do it. But if they do listen to the demand and add more ways, they need to be careful to ensure Jason killing isn't easier than it already is. If people know what they're doing killing Jason is an easy task of majority of the lobby are in on it. I just played a round a few days ago where the entire lobby banned together before anyone died and we beat the shit out of Jason to get his mask off. Then someone let Jason kill him so he could be Tommy and we retrieved the sweater but Jason managed to kill all but me and Tommy and sweater girl. I lead them to the mask and then we hunt down Jason and he raged quit as we started the process. But my point is that was so easy when everyone was on board. I can't imagine how fun it would be to have more ways to kill him that will become easy over time. Jason killing should be a major accomplishment but it's not. It's actually quite common now. They'd have to really make some unique non location specific kills and win a game like that how can you achieve that without it being something Jason can avoid easier than Tommy and sweater girl or having the entire lobby search for a special weapon like the dagger before they attempt objectives? Also, the sweater kill is more in tune with the movies where as a random using the dagger is not. 

The "sweater scene" happened in 1 movie. The defeat in Part 6 is just as iconic. Water death sounds fun.........and different.

It wouldn't be an easy kill. That's what people are wanting, right? Not every player would be skilled enough to collect the items needed and carrying the rock would slow down a councilor. It's a harder kill, and a different type of scenario as well. ?

Edit: If it scares Jasons away from attacking the boat, then 1 councilor escapes. Big deal. If he takes the chance on tipping the boat he might get a kill...........or might be killed. ?

6 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

No.

You cool. We chill. My #BROKENCompeer But no.

(Can't have ol' "21 Jump Street" come running in cause a) he wasn't a hero & 2) that story about the little girl, in the pink dress. Totally creepy dude.)

I

He did save Jessica and the baby before being killed and introduced the dagger in which was the only way to kill Jason this time around.J9 Jason does look like a Little girl in a pink dress sticking a donut through a Hot dog:lol:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

The "sweater scene" happened in 1 movie. The defeat in Part 6 is just as iconic. Water death sounds fun.........and different.

It wouldn't be an easy kill. That's what people are wanting, right? Not every player would be skilled enough to collect the items needed and carrying the rock would slow down a councilor. It's a harder kill, and a different type of scenario as well. ?

Edit: If it scares Jasons away from attacking the boat, then 1 councilor escapes. Big deal. If he takes the chance on tipping the boat he might get a kill...........or might be killed. ?

It would defeat the purpose of Jasons could just avoid the water. It's just like the Jasons who go to the water when sweater girl and Tommy get his mask off. Why give him the option to avoid both places. If I was Jason and that kill was introduced I'd never stop the boat. It may be iconic but in a game like this it doesn't need to have every way the movies killed Jason introduced to it. This game is about killing the counsellors and escaping Jason. This isn't a Jason killing game so why add 12 ways to kill him. If they do add something different a water kill wouldn't be the best way to go. It would be easy to do cause all Jason needs to do is try to tip the boat to activate it. Where the sweater kill requires teamwork, alerts Jason when people are in his home, and can be botched if not done right which makes it harder to achieve unless everyone knows what they're doing. The boat kill requires one person. The sweater kill incorporates two films. It has the sweater kill tricking Jason and it has Tommy hacking him to bits. The thing that makes the sweater kill work is that it can be accomplished anywhere on the map except the water. And if they add more than one way to kill him per round then it becomes a Jason killing game instead of an escaping Jason game.

56 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

It would defeat the purpose of Jasons could just avoid the water. It's just like the Jasons who go to the water when sweater girl and Tommy get his mask off. Why give him the option to avoid both places. If I was Jason and that kill was introduced I'd never stop the boat. It may be iconic but in a game like this it doesn't need to have every way the movies killed Jason introduced to it. This game is about killing the counsellors and escaping Jason. This isn't a Jason killing game so why add 12 ways to kill him. If they do add something different a water kill wouldn't be the best way to go. It would be easy to do cause all Jason needs to do is try to tip the boat to activate it. Where the sweater kill requires teamwork, alerts Jason when people are in his home, and can be botched if not done right which makes it harder to achieve unless everyone knows what they're doing. The boat kill requires one person. The sweater kill incorporates two films. It has the sweater kill tricking Jason and it has Tommy hacking him to bits. The thing that makes the sweater kill work is that it can be accomplished anywhere on the map except the water. And if they add more than one way to kill him per round then it becomes a Jason killing game instead of an escaping Jason game.

I Respectfully disagree with you,adding more ways to kill Jason could be done in a way were it is hard still to kill Jason .This engine update is a soft Buff to Jason so killing him may be decreased.

1 hour ago, The Gloved One said:

I Respectfully disagree with you,adding more ways to kill Jason could be done in a way were it is hard still to kill Jason .This engine update is a soft Buff to Jason so killing him may be decreased.

If done right it could work. But in reality what other ways to kill Jason could be done that aren't location specific? The problem with the water kill is you need Jason to go to a specific part of the map to achieve it. The boat. If that were implemented into the game how may Jasons do you think will attempt to stop the boats anymore? People already exploit the hiding in water tactic if his mask come off. It seems like a nice idea but th execution isn't that simple and Jasons would be foolish to fall for it. And what would this mean by adding more Jason kills? Will they still have the sweater? Would they still have Tommy? If not, do you guys really want multiple ways to kill Jason during a match instead of 1? It would become even more "let's kill Jason" than it already is. This game is about escaping Jason. Not about killing him. Yeah it adds variety but it takes away the theme of the game.

If they added more kills I'd rather they add more heroes that each came with their own kills for Jason and it can only be tried once per match. Even if that means making the sweater useless and only used as a weapon to stun Jason instead of killing him.

Maybe Chris comes with a special axe and she has to aim it in that special spot on his head for it to work. Making it one of the most challenges kills to achieve. And instead of a pocket knife her coat rips and she breaks free from Jason.

Or setting up a hole that is hidden from Jason and if he falls into it chasing you he falls on spikes like Roy.

Maybe with Tina she gets a cool down and her telekinetic powers are limited like Jasons abilities. One button can move weapons to hit him automatically but it breaks the weapon no matter what one it is so it can't be used over and over unless she uses it melee style. One can make Jason stuck in the ground outside and he has to break out. One can fix doors and windows he broke or the car without getting in it. And one can levitate Jason for like 5 seconds at a time to get him close to the water for the kill.

But what other kills could there be from the movies that aren't location specific? 

3 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

If done right it could work. But in reality what other ways to kill Jason could be done that aren't location specific? The problem with the water kill is you need Jason to go to a specific part of the map to achieve it. The boat. If that were implemented into the game how may Jasons do you think will attempt to stop the boats anymore? People already exploit the hiding in water tactic if his mask come off. It seems like a nice idea but th execution isn't that simple and Jasons would be foolish to fall for it. And what would this mean by adding more Jason kills? Will they still have the sweater? Would they still have Tommy? If not, do you guys really want multiple ways to kill Jason during a match instead of 1? It would become even more "let's kill Jason" than it already is. This game is about escaping Jason. Not about killing him. Yeah it adds variety but it takes away the theme of the game.

If they added more kills I'd rather they add more heroes that each came with their own kills for Jason and it can only be tried once per match. Even if that means making the sweater useless and only used as a weapon to stun Jason instead of killing him.

Maybe Chris comes with a special axe and she has to aim it in that special spot on his head for it to work. Making it one of the most challenges kills to achieve. And instead of a pocket knife her coat rips and she breaks free from Jason.

Or setting up a hole that is hidden from Jason and if he falls into it chasing you he falls on spikes like Roy.

Maybe with Tina she gets a cool down and her telekinetic powers are limited like Jasons abilities. One button can move weapons to hit him automatically but it breaks the weapon no matter what one it is so it can't be used over and over unless she uses it melee style. One can make Jason stuck in the ground outside and he has to break out. One can fix doors and windows he broke or the car without getting in it. And one can levitate Jason for like 5 seconds at a time to get him close to the water for the kill.

But what other kills could there be from the movies that aren't location specific? 

Well the sweater idea is location locked too,They could do my dagger idea. Another idea could be a game mode tied to Jason X where counsellors have to complete objectives to open the space gate before Jason kills them ,if They open the gate and escape Jason will get air locked to space   .

29 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Well the sweater idea is location locked too,They could do my dagger idea. Another idea could be a game mode tied to Jason X where counsellors have to complete objectives to open the space gate before Jason kills them ,if They open the gate and escape Jason will get air locked to space   .

The sweater kill can happen anywhere on the map except the water. That's not really location specific. If you do the boat kill it can only happen at the boat.