ShiftySamurai

Skull Objectives & Emote Unlocks

22 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

They are Mia Wallace and Vincent's dances from Pulp Fiction

Oh, I didn't see "The Mia," so I didn't make the correlation with the dance from the film. 

However, I did see "The Vincent," and I did associate it with Pulp Fiction -- but I assumed it would be this:

tumblr_nyowmcWxWP1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, TheRival said:

If you actually followed them on Twitter or facebook and read the comments in the posts they make you would see that a LOT of people/fans asked for that dance you dumb monkey.

15541316_220336908416607_5576200393219760669_n.jpg

And a lot of people voted to name that research vessel Boaty McBoatface. The Devs could have said no this doesn't fit into the game. Sadly they didn't and this game is becoming less and less of a horror game.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

Devs please add a Pulp Fiction map ☺

You’ll probably get it. I’m most excited for the Candyland and Saved by the Bell High School maps.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

You’ll probably get it. I’m most excited for the Candyland and Saved by the Bell High School maps.

I swear to God if I'm crashing through another default cabin design through Gumdrop mountains I'll never forgive you Gun.. but I might if it's free.

Um, yeah "Undetected" is going to be literally impossible without counselors intentionally letting Jason get it. Good counselors routinely sweep their camera 360 degrees. Jason's minimap icon appears when he is shown on a counselors screen from seemingly any distance. I've seen Jason appear on my minimap when seen from an extreme distance. I couldn't even see him with my eyes but 3 pixels of his body where on my screen somewhere in the vast distance. Unless the detectable distance is severely reduced then this one will be impossible.

Furthermore, how does this work? Does the counselors camera have to be pointing away from Jason when they are grabbed? Is there a leeway period where if Jason appears on camera he is allowed a time frame to kill them before it counts as being detected?

Frankly...

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow and @bewareofbears

Offline Bot A.I. = Basically programmed like a running MP match.

Single Player Challenges A.I. = Their supposed HITMAN-like structuring and separate A.I. programming.  Unless seen or alerted, the "Undetected" goal should be easy if you aren't deliberately sloppy.

13 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Zach Morris would use time freeze on Jason thus allowing an easy kill for the group.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Um, yeah "Undetected" is going to be literally impossible without counselors intentionally letting Jason get it. Good counselors routinely sweep their camera 360 degrees. Jason's minimap icon appears when he is shown on a counselors screen from seemingly any distance. I've seen Jason appear on my minimap when seen from an extreme distance. I couldn't even see him with my eyes but 3 pixels of his body where on my screen somewhere in the vast distance. Unless the detectable distance is severely reduced then this one will be impossible.

Furthermore, how does this work? Does the counselors camera have to be pointing away from Jason when they are grabbed? Is there a leeway period where if Jason appears on camera he is allowed a time frame to kill them before it counts as being detected?

Frankly...

It’s for single player. Not online. They showed it in the demo. Undetected will be easy to achieve. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, Super Ty said:

Agreed. It’s one of the reasons I’ve already stopped playing the game completely for the most part. This shit is just going to increase that ten-fold.

Why be in this forum? For this game, if you don't play it? Seems like a waste of time... If you think complaining is helping, it's not. They tried appeasing all of the complainers and ended up in a "balance war". I think it's official: they are thinking about keeping the game relevant, and emotes will keep people playing. If you can't handle someone dancing because they are besting you in a match, you should get better or get a sense of humor. 

I'm not trying to be rude, and all are entitled to their own opinions. But IMO, complaining about such a small scale part is not going to accomplish anything.  Appreciate what you are getting (free!). And try saying something positive to @ShiftySamurai. So he doesn't dread bring news to the forums. and the update might actually come if they stop giving the impression "we" think its worthless anyway. 

Thanks for your communication shifty, and the time and effort put forth by your team. I'll still be playing along with thousands of others!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2018 at 5:29 PM, AdmiralJT said:

And a lot of people voted to name that research vessel Boaty McBoatface. The Devs could have said no this doesn't fit into the game. Sadly they didn't and this game is becoming less and less of a horror game.

Well that's actually pretty true, sadly. It's looking more and more like that game just dance...
They should stop giving us rewards like stupid emotes for doing stuff and be more creative in the horror genre and give us I don't know MAYBE 30 freaking new kills for Jason or I don't know something killing related.

• Thanks 1

I hope the devs take note of how disappointed the majority of posters are about the ‘rewards’ for the new mode.  They are really off the mark.

But what about Jason? Doesn't he get something since he does all of the hard work?

7 minutes ago, Flyin_J said:

But what about Jason? Doesn't he get something since he does all of the hard work?

Nope. Jason is an afterthought in this game.

• Like 1

I was excited about getting the single player challenges themselves; I was not expecting any type of reward for accomplishing each scenario. I think some of the emotes are stupid, so I don't really use them much., but I don't mind that other people like them and use them.  I probably will not use many (if any) of the new 30 emotes.  However, I don't mind their inclusion though.  I just see it like this: I have been excited about the single player challenges and I am more than satisfied with the news that were are getting at least 10 different scenarios, so  I am grateful.  The emotes are just a free gift with the real prize (SP challenges).  Personally, I'm not necessarily excited about getting more emotes.  I'm not triggered over it either though.  I don't think emotes really add too much to the game, but I don't think they take much away from it either.  They are a little cheesy, but, in my opinion, they do not make the game any cheesier than the movies. 

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Nope. Jason is an afterthought in this game.

And this is why he kills people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Does the counselors camera have to be pointing away from Jason when they are grabbed?

If grab kills break the "no detection" rule, there are still the special environmental kills for that.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:17 AM, VoorheesGt101 said:

Why be in this forum? For this game, if you don't play it? Seems like a waste of time... If you think complaining is helping, it's not. They tried appeasing all of the complainers and ended up in a "balance war". I think it's official: they are thinking about keeping the game relevant, and emotes will keep people playing. If you can't handle someone dancing because they are besting you in a match, you should get better or get a sense of humor. 

I'm not trying to be rude, and all are entitled to their own opinions. But IMO, complaining about such a small scale part is not going to accomplish anything.  Appreciate what you are getting (free!). And try saying something positive to @ShiftySamurai. So he doesn't dread bring news to the forums. and the update might actually come if they stop giving the impression "we" think its worthless anyway. 

Thanks for your communication shifty, and the time and effort put forth by your team. I'll still be playing along with thousands of others!

I’m still here because there’s still a part of me that wants to see the game succeed, and my complaining is based on my opinion that Gun has deviated significantly from what their own vision of the game was supposed to be. The very vision that they sold a lot of us on, and most people believe they encourage trolling behavior. That’s what it’s about. It has nothing to do with getting better, or needing a sense of humor. I don’t know why some people can’t understand that (not saying you specifically). If Shifty dreads having to come here and post news of this sort, perhaps he should take that up with the people who instruct him to do so. My complaints are not an attack on him in any way. Having said all that though, I’ve said my peace about it here, and I’ve accepted that they are coming, and the only other way to express my dissatisfaction with it is my wallet, being with this game, and any other future game involving Gun.

18 hours ago, Super Ty said:

I’m still here because there’s still a part of me that wants to see the game succeed, and my complaining is based on my opinion that Gun has deviated significantly from what their own vision of the game was supposed to be. The very vision that they sold a lot of us on, and most people believe they encourage trolling behavior. That’s what it’s about. It has nothing to do with getting better, or needing a sense of humor. I don’t know why some people can’t understand that (not saying you specifically). If Shifty dreads having to come here and post news of this sort, perhaps he should take that up with the people who instruct him to do so. My complaints are not an attack on him in any way. Having said all that though, I’ve said my peace about it here, and I’ve accepted that they are coming, and the only other way to express my dissatisfaction with it is my wallet, being with this game, and any other future game involving Gun.

It may not be their initial vision/pitch but most campaigns change based on what will keep them alive... is it supposed to be 1v7 asymmetrical, or a horror game? Can't really achieve both ya know? I personally think they've done the license proud. It ranks easily in the top 5 or 10 movie licensed games ever. Even without AAA developer-budget and it's purely because they care and are fans as well. 

That's my opinion, and while I don't agree 100% with yours, I do respect it. 

And good point... consumers have all the power, but it is with their wallet not their complaints. Well said friend

• Like 2

:tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt:WHERE IS THE CLOTHING CHALLENGES WE NEED MORE SKIMPY CLOTHING :tiffbutt:OPTIONS YOU ALL PLAYED IT WAY TO SAFE THE FILMS HAD LOTS OF NUDITY:tiffbutt: AND SEX:tiffbutt: IN THEM AND THEY GAME FEELS LIKE A B RATED GAME MEANING APPROPRIATE FOR BABIES THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN ADULT :tiffbutt:GAME COME ON NOW LET'S STEP IT UP ON THE SKIN:tiffbutt: PLEASE.:tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt:

:tiffbutt: I WANT MORE SKIN OBJECTIVES THE GAME IS WAY TO CENSORED FOR WHAT IT REPRESENTS SEX WAS A BIG PART OF THE FILMS AND I FEEL THEY HAVE LET MANY DOWN DUE TO THE EXTREME AMOUNT OF PLAYING IT SAFE! :hearteyestiff::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::tiffbutt::JasonPt8:

• Confused 1