ShiftySamurai

Skull Objectives & Emote Unlocks

10 minutes ago, wildthing73 said:

So, do the 10 Challenges include the tutorial challenge or is it separate from the 10 actual challenges?

Includes the tutorial.

Lol damn 30 new emotes you guys  really out did yourselves this time. Lol the trolls are going to be coming back in record numbers but i honestly can't wait for this. People keep complaining about the drop in numbers but this can only help attract former players back even if their intentions are to troll. My advice to those scared of being trolled grow a pair and get a sense of humor because it's going to be needed very soon! However, I do hope they can add new weapons and kill packs after this update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Emotes are fine but adding the Carlton dance to the game is fucking stupid. Honestly, I wonder if this is some weird internal attempt at sabotaging their own product. 

“We want to make the most authentic Friday the 13th experience.”

Bullshit.

If you actually followed them on Twitter or facebook and read the comments in the posts they make you would see that a LOT of people/fans asked for that dance you dumb monkey.

15541316_220336908416607_5576200393219760669_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheRival said:

If you actually followed them on Twitter or facebook and read the comments in the posts they make you would see that a LOT of people/fans asked for that dance you dumb monkey.

Firstly, go fuck yourself- no need to call me names. :)

On the subject, I disagree. There’s a small, vocal emote loving minority. That’s about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, TheRival said:

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Firstly, go fuck yourself- no need to call me names. :)

On the subject, I disagree. There’s a small, vocal emote loving minority. That’s about it.

Just going to leave this here. 

Not sure what are you guys are doing?

Pretty sure it isn't worth it though.

Just now, bewareofbears said:

@Slasher_Clone

Worried I’m going to edit it? :lol:

Thought it was easier than typing your name, lol, you got a good point, but didn't even think about it. Can't they just look at the history?

It isn't worth it on a throw away account, unless that's the plan. ;)

@Slasher_Clone

You think that’s the worst thing I’ve said?

I’m pretty sure one of the upcoming emotes is flipping someone off- basically allowing all counselors the ability to let others know they can go fuck themselves.

I meant to preserve his, just quoted you with out really thinking, because even though we don't agree. Your like a fixture, a bearskin rug by the fire, the place wouldn't be the same without your mouldy carcass. 

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Slasher_Clone

You think that’s the worst thing I’ve said?

I’m pretty sure one of the upcoming emotes is flipping someone off- basically allowing all counselors the ability to know they can go fuck themselves.

The 'it isn't worth' it was directed at you. I'll be more clear in the future, :lol:.

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It isn't worth it on a throw away account, unless that's the plan. ;)

Bears only gets banned when he makes countdown timers, asks if something will be improved to a playable condition, or teases Ben too enthusiastically. 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Slasher_Clone

No worries. Sometimes I should spend more time thinking before responding. There’s so many times over the course of my time on this forum I allowed myself to get drawn into a disagreement or fight. Yay, 5000+ posts. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Bears only gets banned when he makes countdown timers, asks if something will be improved to a playable condition, or teases Ben too enthusiastically. 😜

Yea, that was odd I got banned for asking if there would be a stable version of the game in 2017 and then they announce that they have to update the engine. Hmm... :/

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Slasher_Clone

No worries. Sometimes I should spend more time thinking before responding. There’s so many times over the course of my time on this forum I allow myself to get drawn into a disagreement or fight. Yay, 5000+ posts. :lol:

Yea, that was odd I got banned for asking if there would be a stable version of the game in 2017 and then they announce that they have to update the engine. Hmm... :/

Gun:  "Do you ever get a nagging feeling that moldy old bear rug is watching us?"

Illfonic:  "Nah...but you can toss it out in the shed if it is creeping you out."

Gun:  "Oh good. I could have sworn it moved...."

One month later.....

Gun/Illfonic:  "Dafuq? The rug is back..."

Gun:  "OK...the damn thing is watching again!"

Illfonic:  "Be cool....ignore it. Just pretend it's not there..."

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Lol

@bewareofbears had no idea you were banned before.

Back on topic. The emotes fill a spot, if there are future challenges, it could be kills we get next or weapons. The challenges might even contain a surprise or two. A road makes sense for the tutorial, but for higher levels, who's to say if a movie location could show up.

ie. The Voorhees house, if they don't plan to release it as part of a full level. It could be a, kill the kids doing an over night dare or who are drinking in the yard/play ground. It changes it up but gives us something we wouldn't get otherwise. I'm not getting my hopes up for this in particular, it's a dumb throw away example.

The new single player maps could be really awesome. Night all.

5 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Gun:  "Do you ever get a nagging feeling that moldy old bear rug is watching us?"

Illfonic:  "Nah...but you can toss it out in the shed if it is creeping you out."

Gun:  "Oh good. I could have sworn it moved...."

One month later.....

Gun/Illfonic:  "Dafuq? The rug is back..."

Gun:  "OK...the damn thing is watching again!"

Illfonic:  "Be cool....ignore it. Just pretend it's not there..."

Lmao

11 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@bewareofbears had no idea you were banned before.

Bears is the forum herpes Gun contracted by fucking around with the F13 IP. Now they experience occasional flare-ups and discomfort which is treated with bans for temporary relief of the symptoms. The cream soothes...but it is no cure.

giphy.gif

EDIT On topic:

I think the emotes are a wasted opportunity myself. Why not unlock new environmental kills for multiplayer? Why not unlock new music for the camp radios? How about a completed Retro Jason? New unique counselor traits? Instead, we get more troll-motes. I appreciate them adding useful (in-game communication-wise) emotes, but most of these I'm not at all enthusiastic about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jasix said:

Was hoping for the following emotes:

Shake Keys - Dangle a set of keys to let another player know you have them (thus avoiding having to say it over mic) 

Show Fuse - Pull a fuse out of your pocket so that other players know you have the fuse (thus avoiding to say it over mic)

The same could be done with things like pocket knife, Jason's mask etc...

I think emotes should have more of a purpose than just entertainment and be beneficial to players who either can't/won't talk on the mic. Lessening the amount of chatter will help counselors achieve tasks easier without Jason knowing what they are up to.

Just my two cents. 

I actually need that lol, I don't have a mic and there's times when there's people shitting on Jason and they take off his mask, then some Tommy spawns not knowing what to do and he's questioning why I keep blinking my flashlight at him, and he won't follow me to the shack. I think this would be a great idea! 

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Emotes are fine but adding the Carlton dance to the game is fucking stupid. Honestly, I wonder if this is some weird internal attempt at sabotaging their own product. 

“We want to make the most authentic Friday the 13th experience.”

Bullshit.

They suckered a lot of us with that line. Now we have a game where a guy in a speedo will knock Jason on his ass with a wrench, flip him off, then grab his fucking dick. Thanks Gun for the authenticity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

They suckered a lot of us with that line. Now we have a game where a guy in a thong will knock Jason on his ass with a wrench, flip him off, then grab his fucking dick. Thanks Gun for the authenticity. 

a u t h e n t h i c c c c

A Mama Mia dance/singing emote and Vincent Price monster mash type deal maybe @deathbat96777.

To the OP, I couldn't be more pleased with the number of challenges, your response was just what I was looking for @ShiftySamurai. I'm looking forward to what interesting maps and setting they might have, I get why you'd want to keep it under wraps though. The coming weeks are gonna drag, knowing we're so close, keep up the good work man.

I'm sure you have a plan for release, trailers and what not, but if there is room for one more Thursday announcement would you mind commenting on Muffin. I know it's just a silly forum joke, but it has been fun and kept us from eating each other. I believe she's currently the most wanted addition, joke or not there're good suggestions on how it could work. If you wanted to have fun with it too, your welcome to join in, but could you ask up the chain, to see if it's possible. A negative answer won't provoke, the same kind of outrage as some other things that have been announced. 

Thanks again for the OP, it was well presented, to give us the feeling of knowing without spoiling it. 

33 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I just want to know what "The Mia" and "The Vincent" are. 

They are Mia Wallace and Vincent's dances from Pulp Fiction

• Thanks 1

That's awesome! Those are officially the only two emotes I care about now. I still think Jason should be able to bite the counselor's nuts off when they teabag him though. Like in the Dumb and Dumber dream sequence when Jim Carrey bites Don Shanks aka Michael Myers from Halloween 5. 

16 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

They are Mia Wallace and Vincent's dances from Pulp Fiction

Shit, that is a much better guess than mine. :lol:

• Like 1