Jump to content
ShiftySamurai

Skull Objectives & Emote Unlocks

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Only this one. You'll have to unlock them in Challenges, or wait until someone else does, to see the rest.

unnamed.gif

"Unlock new kills"..."unlock new weapons"..."unlock a higher density of blood and gore" - no, "unlock new dance moves". This is "Friday the 13th", not "Just Dance". :lol: You must cringe having to post this stuff sometimes. :lol: 

Hat's off for doing a good job though. The posts are always good, and even when it's something that doesn't particularly interest me - it's always well written and ends up being an interesting read. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

This is “Just Dance,” not “Friday the 13th.”

Fixed that for you! :P

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Only this one. You'll have to unlock them in Challenges, or wait until someone else does, to see the rest.

unnamed.gif

Not everyone hates the emotes!!! The dances add fun to the game, it's not just trolls being abusive. I'm so excited for the new emotes n dances, omg I can't wait. Hate me if you want Lol but I'm in that camp. 

Emotes can generate cash for the company too just look at Fortnite & all the emotes plus customization. I'm sure they'll be selling the new clothing pack pj's? too

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

Not everyone hates the emotes!!! The dances add fun to the game, it's not just trolls being abusive. I'm so excited for the new emotes n dances, omg I can't wait. Hate me if you want Lol but I'm in that camp. 

Emotes can generate cash for the company too just look at Fortnite & all the emotes plus customization. I'm sure they'll be selling the new clothing pack pj's? too

I'd never "hate" anyone for liking emotes. :) Life's too short for that nonsense. If you and others enjoy them, fairplay to you and those people. I just personally think they're a millions miles away from F13 and a million miles away from Gun's original vision of the game. It's common logical sense to think you should be unlocking kills, weapons etc in a slasher movie game not funky dance moves. :) It's evidently a lot cheaper to hire a dancer for the motion capture than it is Kane Hodder. Haha.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Only this one. You'll have to unlock them in Challenges, or wait until someone else does, to see the rest.

unnamed.gif

And trust me, you will see the rest. Over and over again. Probably more than you'll see people completing objectives.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Miss AJ said:

 

Emotes can generate cash for the company too just look at Fortnite & all the emotes plus customization. I'm sure they'll be selling the new clothing pack pj's? too

Exactly, emotes can generate revenue. So the devs shot themselves in the foot twice. Once by losing out on a shit ton of money by giving 30 emotes away for free when there are a lot of people that would have wasted money on them, and twice by slapping over half of the player base in the face by forcing emotes that they don't want on them and calling them rewards.

That was all supposed to be in the same post, didn't mean to double post. Sorry everyone.

Edited by Hell Toupee
Double post error
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Undetected: The Bel-Air

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOLY SHIT I NEED THIS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, doitagain said:

Awesome. So how about some new clothing options?

I imagine they'll announce the DLC within a week or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can y’all show all the emotes in youtube like the first video emotes pack comes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'd never "hate" anyone for liking emotes. :) Life's too short for that nonsense. If you and others enjoy them, fairplay to you and those people. I just personally think they're a millions miles away from F13 and a million miles away from Gun's original vision of the game. It's common logical sense to think you should be unlocking kills, weapons etc in a slasher movie game not funky dance moves. :) It's evidently a lot cheaper to hire a dancer for the motion capture than it is Kane Hodder. Haha.

Actually not for fun it just there for making jason weak or get more mad at you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'd never "hate" anyone for liking emotes. :) Life's too short for that nonsense. If you and others enjoy them, fairplay to you and those people. I just personally think they're a millions miles away from F13 and a million miles away from Gun's original vision of the game. It's common logical sense to think you should be unlocking kills, weapons etc in a slasher movie game not funky dance moves. :) It's evidently a lot cheaper to hire a dancer for the motion capture than it is Kane Hodder. Haha.

Good to hear that, I think players who favor Jason will be rewarded when Jason X or Uber Jason finally arrives on the Grendel map XD. I'm excited for that as well. No doubt they'll have more kill packs too   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MsJones-23 said:

Actually not for fun it just there for making jason weak or get more mad at you

I think dance emotes suck the atmosphere out of a survival horror game that was initially always built on atmosphere. I do not think for one second that Gun had any expectation that it would end up being used as a troll device. This game is their "baby". I'm under no illusions that they want it to be the best it can be. I totally understand that. It has hurt the game though. It would've brought in short term money - but in the long run it's turned off serious gamers who would've happily bought new kills, weapons etc for the next 5 years. Dance party players won't be around forever.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ShiftySamurai Good fucking shit! Good job on these single player unlockables! Keep up the good work! Excited for this update already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good afternoon slashers & campers!
 
We’ve talked about Single Player Challenges a couple of times now, as well as some of the basics of Skull Objectives. Today we're going to discuss what exactly Skull Objectives are, and how you can unlock sweet new emotes within the Challenges. Each of our 10 Single Player Challenges give players an opportunity to unlock 3 emotes. Players who complete all of the Skull Objectives in Single Player Challenges will have earned a total of 30 new emotes for their counselors.
 
Skull Objectives come in three flavors:
 
No Survivors Skull: Simply enough, you complete this Skull Objective by killing all counselors. No one gets out alive, except for Jason. Mother’s special, special boy.
 
XP Score Skull: Jason players must hit an XP requirement to complete the Score Objective. Players will earn points for performing certain actions such as; using Stalker Points, executing special kills, regular kills, and more. Not sure if you’ve hit the XP score? Don't worry, you will be able to track your progress in the tab menu during each Challenge.
 
Undetected Skull: Simultaneously as simple, yet difficult, as it sounds. Save Crystal Lake from the filthy teenagers without being seen. Not sure if AJ saw you? Don’t worry, a pop up will occur if this Skull has been lost due to Jason being detected.

Missed a popup and unsure whether you completed an Objective? Each Skull Objective will be displayed at the end of the Challenge to let players know how they performed.

SkullObjectiveIcons.gif

We’re listing the Challenges by their unlock order, so we don’t spoil anything before they drop for everyone. Challenge One is unlocked for everyone, but after that players will need to unlock each Challenge by completing two Skull Objectives in the previous Challenge. Each completed Skull Objective will unlock an emote reward. 

Let’s take a look at the emotes you can unlock for every Skull Objective in each Challenge. 

Challenge One (Broken Down):
No Survivors: Hurry!
XP Score: Check Pockets
Undetected: The Cabin Boogie

Challenge Two:
No Survivors: Praise
XP Score: Melbourne Shuffle
Undetected: Pelvis Thrust

Challenge Three:
No Survivors: Scatter
XP Score: Air Guitar
Undetected: The Mia

Challenge Four:
No Survivors: Apologize
XP Score: What was that?
Undetected: The Pumpkin Patch

Challenge Five:
No Survivors: Victory Celebration
XP Score: Gun Show
Undetected: The Sexy Sway

Challenge Six:
No Survivors: Silly Gestures
XP Score: Friday Night Fever
Undetected: Crotch Grab
 
Challenge Seven:
No Survivors: Yawn
XP Score: Feelin’ It
Undetected: The Vincent

Challenge Eight:
No Survivors: Flirt
XP Score: The Freaky Friday
Undetected: Flip Off
 
Challenge Nine:
No Survivors: Temper Tantrum
XP Score: The Low Down
Undetected: The Bel-Air
 
Challenge Ten:
No Survivors: Threaten
XP Score: Bouncin and Boppin
Undetected: The Running Man
 
Some of the emotes are different based on the gender of the counselor, but each emote unlocks an action for both female and male counselors.
 

Just so I understand you correctly, SP challenges will only reward the player new “special” emotes? If yes I am disappointed, I think you should rethink the direction you’re going with this and think about the people that could careless about emotes and would like some other type of reward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miss AJ said:

Not everyone hates the emotes!!! The dances add fun to the game, it's not just trolls being abusive. I'm so excited for the new emotes n dances, omg I can't wait. Hate me if you want Lol but I'm in that camp. 

Emotes can generate cash for the company too just look at Fortnite & all the emotes plus customization. I'm sure they'll be selling the new clothing pack pj's? too

fortnite is absolute trash don't compare that dumpster to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good afternoon slashers & campers!
 
We’ve talked about Single Player Challenges a couple of times now, as well as some of the basics of Skull Objectives. Today we're going to discuss what exactly Skull Objectives are, and how you can unlock sweet new emotes within the Challenges. Each of our 10 Single Player Challenges give players an opportunity to unlock 3 emotes. Players who complete all of the Skull Objectives in Single Player Challenges will have earned a total of 30 new emotes for their counselors.
 
Skull Objectives come in three flavors:
 
No Survivors Skull: Simply enough, you complete this Skull Objective by killing all counselors. No one gets out alive, except for Jason. Mother’s special, special boy.
 
XP Score Skull: Jason players must hit an XP requirement to complete the Score Objective. Players will earn points for performing certain actions such as; using Stalker Points, executing special kills, regular kills, and more. Not sure if you’ve hit the XP score? Don't worry, you will be able to track your progress in the tab menu during each Challenge.
 
Undetected Skull: Simultaneously as simple, yet difficult, as it sounds. Save Crystal Lake from the filthy teenagers without being seen. Not sure if AJ saw you? Don’t worry, a pop up will occur if this Skull has been lost due to Jason being detected.

Missed a popup and unsure whether you completed an Objective? Each Skull Objective will be displayed at the end of the Challenge to let players know how they performed.

SkullObjectiveIcons.gif

We’re listing the Challenges by their unlock order, so we don’t spoil anything before they drop for everyone. Challenge One is unlocked for everyone, but after that players will need to unlock each Challenge by completing two Skull Objectives in the previous Challenge. Each completed Skull Objective will unlock an emote reward. 

Let’s take a look at the emotes you can unlock for every Skull Objective in each Challenge. 

Challenge One (Broken Down):
No Survivors: Hurry!
XP Score: Check Pockets
Undetected: The Cabin Boogie

Challenge Two:
No Survivors: Praise
XP Score: Melbourne Shuffle
Undetected: Pelvis Thrust

Challenge Three:
No Survivors: Scatter
XP Score: Air Guitar
Undetected: The Mia

Challenge Four:
No Survivors: Apologize
XP Score: What was that?
Undetected: The Pumpkin Patch

Challenge Five:
No Survivors: Victory Celebration
XP Score: Gun Show
Undetected: The Sexy Sway

Challenge Six:
No Survivors: Silly Gestures
XP Score: Friday Night Fever
Undetected: Crotch Grab
 
Challenge Seven:
No Survivors: Yawn
XP Score: Feelin’ It
Undetected: The Vincent

Challenge Eight:
No Survivors: Flirt
XP Score: The Freaky Friday
Undetected: Flip Off
 
Challenge Nine:
No Survivors: Temper Tantrum
XP Score: The Low Down
Undetected: The Bel-Air
 
Challenge Ten:
No Survivors: Threaten
XP Score: Bouncin and Boppin
Undetected: The Running Man
 
Some of the emotes are different based on the gender of the counselor, but each emote unlocks an action for both female and male counselors.
 

This makes me even more glad I have it for two systems, I can't wait for flip off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I appreciate more info on singleplayer challenges, since its one of the few reasons im holding on.

Two things.

1. Only emotes? No achievements even? No Other unlockables?

2. What good are emotes when you can only use them in the mode that's losing players left and right? There is no singleplayer counselor mode yet. Just feels a bit misguided.

The first thing I wanna do is fire up quick play...to use emotes...nope not me.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were only going to get a couple of emotes, but we are getting 30!!! I can't wait! Thanks, Gun and Illfonic :hearteyestiff::ajsaltbae:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

While I appreciate more info on singleplayer challenges, since its one of the few reasons im holding on.

Two things.

1. Only emotes? No achievements even? No Other unlockables?

2. What good are emotes when you can only use them in the mode that's losing players left and right? There is no singleplayer counselor mode yet. Just feels a bit misguided.

The first thing I wanna do is fire up quick play...to use emotes...nope not me.

 

Achievements would have been nice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IronKnight55 said:

I thought we were only going to get a couple of emotes, but we are getting 30!!! I can't wait! Thanks, Gun and Illfonic :hearteyestiff::ajsaltbae:

Something for everyone man. You get thirty new emotes, I get ten bloody challenges, I'm stoked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emotes are fine but adding the Carlton dance to the game is fucking stupid. Honestly, I wonder if this is some weird internal attempt at sabotaging their own product. 

“We want to make the most authentic Friday the 13th experience.”

Bullshit.

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good afternoon slashers & campers!
 
We’ve talked about Single Player Challenges a couple of times now, as well as some of the basics of Skull Objectives. Today we're going to discuss what exactly Skull Objectives are, and how you can unlock sweet new emotes within the Challenges. Each of our 10 Single Player Challenges give players an opportunity to unlock 3 emotes. Players who complete all of the Skull Objectives in Single Player Challenges will have earned a total of 30 new emotes for their counselors.
 
Skull Objectives come in three flavors:
 
No Survivors Skull: Simply enough, you complete this Skull Objective by killing all counselors. No one gets out alive, except for Jason. Mother’s special, special boy.
 
XP Score Skull: Jason players must hit an XP requirement to complete the Score Objective. Players will earn points for performing certain actions such as; using Stalker Points, executing special kills, regular kills, and more. Not sure if you’ve hit the XP score? Don't worry, you will be able to track your progress in the tab menu during each Challenge.
 
Undetected Skull: Simultaneously as simple, yet difficult, as it sounds. Save Crystal Lake from the filthy teenagers without being seen. Not sure if AJ saw you? Don’t worry, a pop up will occur if this Skull has been lost due to Jason being detected.

Missed a popup and unsure whether you completed an Objective? Each Skull Objective will be displayed at the end of the Challenge to let players know how they performed.

SkullObjectiveIcons.gif

We’re listing the Challenges by their unlock order, so we don’t spoil anything before they drop for everyone. Challenge One is unlocked for everyone, but after that players will need to unlock each Challenge by completing two Skull Objectives in the previous Challenge. Each completed Skull Objective will unlock an emote reward. 

Let’s take a look at the emotes you can unlock for every Skull Objective in each Challenge. 

Challenge One (Broken Down):
No Survivors: Hurry!
XP Score: Check Pockets
Undetected: The Cabin Boogie

Challenge Two:
No Survivors: Praise
XP Score: Melbourne Shuffle
Undetected: Pelvis Thrust

Challenge Three:
No Survivors: Scatter
XP Score: Air Guitar
Undetected: The Mia

Challenge Four:
No Survivors: Apologize
XP Score: What was that?
Undetected: The Pumpkin Patch

Challenge Five:
No Survivors: Victory Celebration
XP Score: Gun Show
Undetected: The Sexy Sway

Challenge Six:
No Survivors: Silly Gestures
XP Score: Friday Night Fever
Undetected: Crotch Grab
 
Challenge Seven:
No Survivors: Yawn
XP Score: Feelin’ It
Undetected: The Vincent

Challenge Eight:
No Survivors: Flirt
XP Score: The Freaky Friday
Undetected: Flip Off
 
Challenge Nine:
No Survivors: Temper Tantrum
XP Score: The Low Down
Undetected: The Bel-Air
 
Challenge Ten:
No Survivors: Threaten
XP Score: Bouncin and Boppin
Undetected: The Running Man
 
Some of the emotes are different based on the gender of the counselor, but each emote unlocks an action for both female and male counselors.

 

So, do the 10 Challenges include the tutorial challenge or is it separate from the 10 actual challenges?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×