ShiftySamurai

Skull Objectives & Emote Unlocks

Was hoping for the following emotes:

Shake Keys - Dangle a set of keys to let another player know you have them (thus avoiding having to say it over mic) 

Show Fuse - Pull a fuse out of your pocket so that other players know you have the fuse (thus avoiding to say it over mic)

The same could be done with things like pocket knife, Jason's mask etc...

I think emotes should have more of a purpose than just entertainment and be beneficial to players who either can't/won't talk on the mic. Lessening the amount of chatter will help counselors achieve tasks easier without Jason knowing what they are up to.

Just my two cents. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

There should be 13 challenges:JasonPt3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I wish the unlocks were clothing instead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Heh, I’ll be avoiding QP like the plague once those emotes drop. :D

Quick play has already become a troll dance orgy shit-fest. I think most people will be avoiding "Troll Play" for good once these challenges drop. :)

27 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think single player challenges will be the best part of the game. I'm hoping they drop more challenges as DLC. I'll throw my money at that. 

I agree,  Single player DLCs does not separate players. If after update  the game gets really good without so many bugs and with good performance, I pay and buy any dlc that come out for it. The devs did a good job releasing the weapons exchanges for Jason, this will already expand the DLCs of the machete part 7.

16 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a huge drop in people playing multiplayer. 

Are there even enough people still playing for there to be a "huge drop" in multiplayer?

I do agree with the general sentiment that using SP challenges to unlock emotes for MP is not really much of an incentive.
Still better than QP though.

8 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Are there even enough people still playing for there to be a "huge drop" in multiplayer?

I do agree with the general sentiment that using SP challenges to unlock emotes for MP is not really much of an incentive.

We accept the bugs and problems of the game because we are fans of the movies, but who is just a video game player and is looking for a polished multiplayer game will not accept, so we lost so many players online. I hope after the update the game can recover. Is understandable the complaints of a person with an i7 5960x + gtx 1080ti can not run the game above 60 fps min

As someone that literally never uses emotes and despises anyone that ruins the game with them, I don’t care about this at all. I wish we could unlock something besides emotes in single player. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Was hoping for the following emotes:

Shake Keys - Dangle a set of keys to let another player know you have them (thus avoiding having to say it over mic) 

Show Fuse - Pull a fuse out of your pocket so that other players know you have the fuse (thus avoiding to say it over mic)

The same could be done with things like pocket knife, Jason's mask etc...

I think emotes should have more of a purpose than just entertainment and be beneficial to players who either can't/won't talk on the mic. Lessening the amount of chatter will help counselors achieve tasks easier without Jason knowing what they are up to.

Just my two cents. 

But those emotes would be useful, so I wouldn't expect to see them.

9 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

It was smart of them to make the next challenge unlockable by completing two skulls in the previous challenge. Emotes aren't an incentive for half of the players.

It's kinda funny, the forums blow up when a new announcement is made. But with this one.... not so much lol

55 minutes ago, KeizerGodzilla said:

Why put the XP in a tab menu? Why not have a bar on the screen on the upper right or left corner to keep the gameplay smooth and not have to check a menu? And maybe a small checklist of all 3 objectives on screen too!

"All 3 objectives"? Those are just the Skull Objectives that every Challenge has in common.

Regular objectives will show this popup when complete. 2018-04-26 17_04_19-First Look_ Single Player Challenges _ Friday the 13th the Game.png

They'll also say the name of the Objective you have completed, as seen in the First Look: Single Player Challenges video.

22 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Quick play has already become a troll dance orgy shit-fest. I think most people will be avoiding "Troll Play" for good once these challenges drop. :)

Agreed. It’s one of the reasons I’ve already stopped playing the game completely for the most part. This shit is just going to increase that ten-fold.

• Thanks 1

Can you guys show us at least a teaser with some of the emotes? 

23 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Dude multiplayer is never slowing down just cause you read stats doesn’t mean people are gone lol 

2 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Probably next Thursday lol

Just now, kitcat said:

Only this one. You'll have to unlock them in Challenges, or wait until someone else does, to see the rest.

unnamed.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Agreed. It’s one of the reasons I’ve already stopped playing the game completely for the most part. This shit is just going to increase that ten-fold.

Think that's the reason most people have stopped playing the game. They'll never listen or learn though. Still dishing out the Troll bait as "prizes". lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

Please tell me they mean crotch grab like this 

Image result for crotch grab gif

This will be exclusively for Chad and it can only be used while wearing a speedo.

It increases Jason's rage faster if you emote over his face.

After chain stunning him to the ground. 😄

• Haha 2

Worthful and i thought we gonna get some extra clothing, or counselor to unlock not xp but in single player challenge like story mode unlockable stuff

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good afternoon slashers & campers!

We’ve talked about Single Player Challenges a couple of times now, as well as some of the basics of Skull Objectives. Today we're going to discuss what exactly Skull Objectives are, and how you can unlock sweet new emotes within the Challenges. Each of our 10 Single Player Challenges give players an opportunity to unlock 3 emotes. Players who complete all of the Skull Objectives in Single Player Challenges will have earned a total of 30 new emotes for their counselors.

Skull Objectives come in three flavors:

No Survivors Skull: Simply enough, you complete this Skull Objective by killing all counselors. No one gets out alive, except for Jason. Mother’s special, special boy.

XP Score Skull: Jason players must hit an XP requirement to complete the Score Objective. Players will earn points for performing certain actions such as; using Stalker Points, executing special kills, regular kills, and more. Not sure if you’ve hit the XP score? Don't worry, you will be able to track your progress in the tab menu during each Challenge.

Undetected Skull: Simultaneously as simple, yet difficult, as it sounds. Save Crystal Lake from the filthy teenagers without being seen. Not sure if AJ saw you? Don’t worry, a pop up will occur if this Skull has been lost due to Jason being detected.

Missed a popup and unsure whether you completed an Objective? Each Skull Objective will be displayed at the end of the Challenge to let players know how they performed.

SkullObjectiveIcons.gif

We’re listing the Challenges by their unlock order, so we don’t spoil anything before they drop for everyone. Challenge One is unlocked for everyone, but after that players will need to unlock each Challenge by completing two Skull Objectives in the previous Challenge. Each completed Skull Objective will unlock an emote reward. 

Let’s take a look at the emotes you can unlock for every Skull Objective in each Challenge. 

Challenge One (Broken Down):
No Survivors: Hurry!
XP Score: Check Pockets
Undetected: The Cabin Boogie

Challenge Two:
No Survivors: Praise
XP Score: Melbourne Shuffle
Undetected: Pelvis Thrust

Challenge Three:
No Survivors: Scatter
XP Score: Air Guitar
Undetected: The Mia

Challenge Four:
No Survivors: Apologize
XP Score: What was that?
Undetected: The Pumpkin Patch

Challenge Five:
No Survivors: Victory Celebration
XP Score: Gun Show
Undetected: The Sexy Sway

Challenge Six:
No Survivors: Silly Gestures
XP Score: Friday Night Fever
Undetected: Crotch Grab

Challenge Seven:
No Survivors: Yawn
XP Score: Feelin’ It
Undetected: The Vincent

Challenge Eight:
No Survivors: Flirt
XP Score: The Freaky Friday
Undetected: Flip Off

Challenge Nine:
No Survivors: Temper Tantrum
XP Score: The Low Down
Undetected: The Bel-Air

Challenge Ten:
No Survivors: Threaten
XP Score: Bouncin and Boppin
Undetected: The Running Man

Some of the emotes are different based on the gender of the counselor, but each emote unlocks an action for both female and male counselors.

Woderful