gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

3 hours ago, mgeoff88 said:

Unless you are on the F13 dev team, you aren’t in any position to say what the next patch (which is an engine upgrade) will fix or will not fix. You are just making assumptions. 

And they are working on dedicated servers for Xbox One and PS4 players.

Allow me to make those assumptions, and when were dedicated servers promised? 

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

DBD is superior?     Superior at what exactly?

Im not saying F13th is perfect and i agree that the lack of dedicated servers on console if a huge drag.    But thats pretty much the only thing DbD has over F13th.

Again..  Unlike DBD.  Jasons actually kills people.  That TRUMPS everything.  So it does matter of the killers don't actually get kills.  Thats the POINT of a slasher movie... id just assume thats the point of a slasher game.

Again, F13 is a slasher asymmetrical game. Dead by daylight is a asymmetrical game, there’s a difference. Jason is supposed to be brutal and gory. The reason why DBD is superior is because the devs have their priorities together. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Again, F13 is a slasher asymmetrical game. Dead by daylight is a asymmetrical game, there’s a difference. Jason is supposed to be brutal and gory. The reason why DBD is superior is because the devs have their priorities together. 

Call me crazy. But, Im pretty sure killers being able to to kill in a game that claims to have 'killer's would be TOP PRIORITY. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

“In October 2017, we announced that we would begin working on updating the Friday the 13th: The Game to the latest version of the Unreal Engine. This update will allow us to address many problems that negatively impact game performance as well as fix bugs that can’t be fixed otherwise. It’s also absolutely required for us to continue working on Dedicated Servers for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game.”

-ShiftySamurai

That post was made February 5th. Before the Xbox One and PS4 versions of F13 get dedicated servers, they’ll need to update the game to the latest version of the Unreal Engine, which is happening sometime this month. You need to be more patient.

16 minutes ago, mgeoff88 said:

they’ll need to update the game to the latest version of the Unreal Engine, which is happening sometime this month. You need to be more patient.

Y'all have to stop acting like people who are impatient dont have a legitimate reason to be.This is a lot of peoples favorite game to play right now despite all of the issues.I'm talking about myself here.We've been waiting pretty patiently ...this game is near unplayable with the quiting which didn't really get bad till after they removed so many pocket knives but thats another issue.

We're ready to play a better looking and functioning game with new perks and the extra councilor...the game is dying and i dont know exactly what the hold up is at this point but they need to do better.....NO that doesn't mean that i could do it better than them but  that doesn't stop me from knowing that they need to get this update out Asap before im playing with the same 300 people over and over again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mgeoff88 said:

“In October 2017, we announced that we would begin working on updating the Friday the 13th: The Game to the latest version of the Unreal Engine. This update will allow us to address many problems that negatively impact game performance as well as fix bugs that can’t be fixed otherwise. It’s also absolutely required for us to continue working on Dedicated Servers for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game.”

-ShiftySamurai

That post was made February 5th. Before the Xbox One and PS4 versions of F13 get dedicated servers, they’ll need to update the game to the latest version of the Unreal Engine, which is happening sometime this month. You need to be more patient.

Telling people to be patient at this juncture is the epitome of brown nosing.  This game launched just under a YEAR ago and still has no dedicated servers or host migration.  Asking for patience after one YEAR is ridiculous.  On a different note, your certainty that the next update will launch this month is very optimistic.  Granted, the one year anniversary makes sense since any dev would want something out for that.  But after expecting this in October, then November, then December, then being told April in February, and then being told at least weeks away in late April, I am not expecting much.  The at least weeks out was pure PR and gives cover for multiple more months if that ends up being the case. 

And uh, they are not launching dedicated servers any time soon and I question if they will at this point.  They said they need to finish the next update to just continue working on them.  They did not say to launch them.  And since then they have gone all in on salt mines.  Said salt mines would be the perfect PR excuse for not wanting to pay money to launch and then maintain said dedicated servers so late after launch when they most likely have already generated the majority of reasonably expected revenue.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Call me crazy. But, Im pretty sure killers being able to to kill in a game that claims to have 'killer's would be TOP PRIORITY. 

Again. They can kill, Moris are a thing. This is isn’t F13 where you spam grab and automatically kill someone. Killers have to hook survivors for the entity to be pleased. 

While I think DBDis an inferior game to F13, they have a point. F13 development has been pretty incompetent so far.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mgeoff88 said:

-ShiftySamurai

Telling the community to be patient isn’t gonna do it. Hence the low player rate. Dedicated servers were promised by early fall, it’s already gonna be summer. This update is the games last hope for PC. 

I have a feeling that consoles have a much higher player count. At least on Xbox. Why I think this is a little thing called "Looking for Group Posts"

People who aren't familiar with Xbox won't know what this is but what it is is a feature that let's people either find players for a game/lobby or who are looking to join a game or lobby. People will post saying they are looking for different types of players and what rules they have in place, ect. 

My point is, when I play Friday the 13th, there's always 99+ group posts and they refresh about every 5 seconds. But when I go onto DBD, there's maybe only about a dozen or so refreshing every maybe 10-15 minutes.

People could say that it's easy to find a lobby in DBD, and it is. But I find it's also very easy for me to find a lobby in Friday the 13th. So I wouldn't really argue how easy it would be to find a lobby in the first place.

32 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

This update is the games last hope for PC. 

The more I play now, especially having taken a break, I'm starting to worry this is true on the PC. 

I've changed my game and find QP more enjoyable now, most of the time, but the numbers are often pretty abysmal. Much of time it seems there are around 500-700 people on. 

I'm really hoping the new single player challenges are worthwhile and have some replay value.

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Again. They can kill, Moris are a thing. This is isn’t F13 where you spam grab and automatically kill someone. Killers have to hook survivors for the entity to be pleased. 

Morris makes no damn sense and the fact that you have to have a moris (Which is a special item) to pull off a single kill is a JOKE.    You're basically pointing out why F13th is simply the superior Slasher game.  So ya thanks for proving my point.

Besides.. in DBD you can spam melee attacks.   And they still don't die.  So called killers hit people, then wipe of their weapons clean like an idiot and the survivors are made of rubber that can take a billion hits and never die.

Killers have to hook the survivors for "the entity to be pleased".   Im pretty sure the only thing that pleases Leather Face is ripping someone apart and wearing their face.  Not hooking people and watching them get sucked into the sky by a magic tooth fairy.

I just assume anyone that thinks DbD is better slasher game.. is out of their damn minds.

Its a fun game that happens to have iconic slasher/killers in it.  But only F13th is a real SLASHER game that actually nails the most important aspects of a SLASHER game.   The KILLS!!

A slasher flick with out kills isn't slasher flick.  Same logic applies to games.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

The more I play now, especially having taken a break, I'm starting to worry this is true on the PC. 

I've changed my game and find QP more enjoyable now, most of the time, but the numbers are often pretty abysmal. Much of time it seems there are around 500-700 people on. 

I'm really hoping the new single player challenges are worthwhile and have some replay value.

So your saying F13 future is uncertain? I think that the update is the big chance to make people come back on the game but the game not dead yet!

F13 Destination Unknown? This video will help you forget your worries

4 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Telling people to be patient at this juncture is the epitome of brown nosing.  This game launched just under a YEAR ago and still has no dedicated servers or host migration.  Asking for patience after one YEAR is ridiculous.  On a different note, your certainty that the next update will launch this month is very optimistic.  Granted, the one year anniversary makes sense since any dev would want something out for that.  But after expecting this in October, then November, then December, then being told April in February, and then being told at least weeks away in late April, I am not expecting much.  The at least weeks out was pure PR and gives cover for multiple more months if that ends up being the case. 

And uh, they are not launching dedicated servers any time soon and I question if they will at this point.  They said they need to finish the next update to just continue working on them.  They did not say to launch them.  And since then they have gone all in on salt mines.  Said salt mines would be the perfect PR excuse for not wanting to pay money to launch and then maintain said dedicated servers so late after launch when they most likely have already generated the majority of reasonably expected revenue.  

I agree. Theyre probably aware theyve made about as much money out if this as possible at this point. No point in dishing out money for consoles to get their dedicated servers even though they said they were coming.

i also agree that preaching patience to anyone whos been in on this game from the beginning is definately comical at this point. For anyone with decent expectations. Im not about complaining all over the boards or social media but i have lost interest nearly altogether. I just check in here every couple of weeks.

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Im almost positive they have made a post announcing dedicated servers “coming” to consoles. That was months ago though, at least. Sounds like they arent getting this engine update out very soon either. Its almost like when my best friend have a time agreed to meet up, i always add X anount of minutes because hes never been able to show up on time.

2 hours ago, wombat said:

So your saying F13 future is uncertain? I think that the update is the big chance to make people come back on the game but the game not dead yet!

F13 Destination Unknown? This video will help you forget your worries

Judging from the comparison video they posted about the new engine, i think people will be disappointed.

I played DBD until F13 came out. I've played both of them an absurd amount of hours. I've enjoyed them both and gotten my money's worth for sure. I find DbD to be more tense and the killers more threatening (yes, hooking is a strange mechanic, but I feel much more in control of the situation/combat as a counselor than in DbD). F13 is more cinematic and has an IP I love. I personally prefer F13, but it doesn't really matter which game is better- regardless, DbD has twenty times our playerbase.

20x!!

I don't know how the consoles are doing. They might be doing extremely well. Regardless, I'm on the PC so idgaf. Most of the people left on the PC are level 150s who are going to stick with the game regardless of its quality. I think the lack of communication is really what killed it. DbD was a shitty glitchy mess when it first came out, but at least you knew the devs were aware of it. Look at DbD's patch history-  some kind of patch or balance update about once a month. F13 team bit off more than they could chew and needed a bigger team, especially for a multi-platform release. It's too late now- the game's made as much money as it's gonna make (or at least close to it) and it would be silly to put a bunch of effort into revamping something people have already bought.

I'm rambling. This is the horror movie game I've been waiting for since I was a little horror freak and it's sad to see our numbers. Making this about DBD VS F13 is silly- we should be looking at what DbD did better to maintain its playerbase and try to emulate it. A few free weekends would help a lot I think ? not sure why they haven't had any. Also, lower the price to 25/30 bucks. I could not with good conscience tell my friends to put out $40 for this. I might've got my money's worth but in all honesty anyone still playing has a higher tolerance for glitches than most people :P

20 hours ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Very true sir.The game is plagued with small children who dont understand it.They just run around looking for pocket knives,leave doors open then quit when they die after using their pocket knives.I've gotten over them not using mics but atleast play the game generally how its supposed to be played...even some adults play with the same stategy.I got in a lobby yesterday and as soon as i spawned i watched a guy run into a house...not lock the door and he opened two droors...i just quit the game right there and started playing wwe2k.

Well!!!!! I always lock the doors as soon as I go in but I’ve had a few sessions where a random followed me to the cabin and while I locked both doors he looted the draws and was already out the window! ?? it’s a win lose sometimes 

Can't find a game right now to save my life and I'm just trying to get a couple quick matches in before heading out. Most games are launching with 4-5 players, no thanks. 

Right now Dead By Daylight shows there are 16,908 In-Game. Right Now. 

F13 is sitting at 703. 

This really sucks. It does. 

I haven't tried DBD, yet, but the sheer number of active players is enough to pull me over at this point. 

Someone posted a speculation that the update will drop May 7th. I think it was some kind of data mined information about DLC being uploaded? And it's typically the pattern to be done 1 week prior to release. I don't know, like I said only speculation I read so it doesn't carry weight. Either way, really hope this drops soon and revitalizes the game.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:17 PM, HuDawg said:

Morris makes no damn sense and the fact that you have to have a moris (Which is a special item) to pull off a single kill is a JOKE.    You're basically pointing out why F13th is simply the superior Slasher game.  So ya thanks for proving my point.

Besides.. in DBD you can spam melee attacks.   And they still don't die.  So called killers hit people, then wipe of their weapons clean like an idiot and the survivors are made of rubber that can take a billion hits and never die.

Killers have to hook the survivors for "the entity to be pleased".   Im pretty sure the only thing that pleases Leather Face is ripping someone apart and wearing their face.  Not hooking people and watching them get sucked into the sky by a magic tooth fairy.

I just assume anyone that thinks DbD is better slasher game.. is out of their damn minds.

Its a fun game that happens to have iconic slasher/killers in it.  But only F13th is a real SLASHER game that actually nails the most important aspects of a SLASHER game.   The KILLS!!

A slasher flick with out kills isn't slasher flick.  Same logic applies to games.

Dead by daylight is better because it’s a polished game. You keep being up the kills, but last time I checked, kills don’t make a game better. ”Who cares about bugs and glitches? F13 has better kills” that’s literally your stubborn personality. DBD was never a slasher game. 

52 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Dead by daylight is better because it’s a polished game.

But it is not. It is in a better state now, after almost two years but there are still dozens of glitches, bugs and problems, mainly for killers. You still cannot blink through some objects as a nurse, you cannot throw reliably on any map as the huntress because thee hitboxes are simply shit and broken. There are still infinites on some versions of the maps, there are still god places survivors can exploit their way onto so the killer cannot reach them. There are still places which will stop your chainsaw run as a Billy even though there is nothing in the way. Sprint burst provides iframes even though the hit should connect. Leatherface's tantrum animation looks like it has ended a second earlier on the survivor's side while in reality it still continues and will down the survivor. There are crashes, random freezes, lobby issues through the roof. The game is far far far from polished.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Survival said:

But it is not. It is in a better state now, after almost two years but there are still dozens of glitches, bugs and problems, mainly for killers. You still cannot blink through some objects as a nurse, you cannot throw reliably on any map as the huntress because thee hitboxes are simply shit and broken. There are still infinites on some versions of the maps, there are still god places survivors can exploit their way onto so the killer cannot reach them. There are still places which will stop your chainsaw run as a Billy even though there is nothing in the way. Sprint burst provides iframes even though the hit should connect. Leatherface's tantrum animation looks like it has ended a second earlier on the survivor's side while in reality it still continues and will down the survivor. There are crashes, random freezes, lobby issues through the roof. The game is far far far from polished.

There's also a rampant issue where people's saves are deleted and you have to hope the developers will reimburse you. Previously you could back up your save, but now you can't even do that.

54 minutes ago, Survival said:

Compare it too F13. Majority of the time, I can barely feel any bugs or glitches as both survivor or killer. Whereas F13, the car and sweater are still bugged. 

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Dead by daylight is better because it’s a polished game. You keep being up the kills, but last time I checked, kills don’t make a game better. ”Who cares about bugs and glitches? F13 has better kills” that’s literally your stubborn personality. DBD was never a slasher game. 

DBD is a game with ICONIC Slasher in.  That hack and slash at players (but never really kills them)

...Its also a more 'polished' game because theres simply less to polish when compared to its superior F13th.

I never said i don't care about bugs.   But to NOT care about kills in a game with KILLERS is just a joke.

Besides, if people wanna fluff each other up about DBD, you really shouldn't be on a F13th forum.

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2018 at 9:16 AM, HuDawg said:

I see you spitting this out a lot, as if it's the end all be all to support which game is better, which is silly.

I'll take a game that works over one that is still, since it's launch, a bug and glitch riddled mess. Friday the 13th has always felt like an early access game, and for a game that isn't early access... yeah not so cool. I prefer when a game I paid money for can actually be played reliably. 

• Thanks 1