gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

22 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@Trident77

Here’s hoping.

I think a lack of optimism by most is fair and based on how things have gone in the past. Gun/IllFonic could rebuild a lot of trust by just making regular balance and bug fixes.

This is what I'm saying, why they haven't gone this route and instead only insist on bug fixes with content updates is beyond me.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 7:08 AM, Kaelum said:

You obviously haven’t played in quite a while, as these were fixed 2 patches ago.

After being in the game for like half a year.

On 4/29/2018 at 9:14 AM, R.J MacReady said:

This is what I'm saying, why they haven't gone this route and instead only insist on bug fixes with content updates is beyond me.

I assume they aren't willing to spend whatever money it takes to push updates on consoles any more frequently than they absolutely need to. I can't think of any other explanation.

What a bad style showing those statistics saying that. It's sad from their part the will to underline that. 

IMHO if friday is played as it is supposed to be played is a way better game from a gameplay point of view. The reason why it has not many players in the long run is because somehow most of the people who spent their money to play the game don't actually play it. 
After dozen of matches where you just hang around a map you get tired of a game. On DbD I'm sure that everyone tries to fix generators to escape the same does not happen on Friday. 

Bug and glitches are bad, waiting lobby simulator is bad but I don't think they are the main reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure that for many others, dealing with cretinous members of the public in certain lobbies has soured their impression of the game.

You can bet that some people have had an experience so bad that they just decided to divest entirely from playing online. That then only leaves offline bots to play, and who here is sick of AI counselors hiding under a bed right in front of them?

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Dead by Daylight has benefited from a fairly consistent stream of content, fixes and balance adjustments. I like Dead by Daylight but what keeps the game interesting is the stable stream of new content. The game evolves based on new killers,

Dude.. Stop calling them killers  They don't kill.  :D         

Lets face it..  if players want to play patty cake with Cosplay killers they play DBD.

If players wanna play  the best SLASHER game  ever made.   They play F13th.

How many players playing a certain game at one time doesn't matter.   F13th has sold a ton .  They don't make MORE money if more players are playing at one time.  And neither does DBD.    

I've gotten my moneys worth a LONG time ago from F13th.  Anything they add from new content to bug fixes is just a bonus.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve played DBD during the Free Play Days promotion on Xbox One with a friend of mine, and we both hated the game. 

The original game without the DLC is very generic. The only reason the game is so popular, is because they added iconic horror movie villains.

Without the iconic killers in the game, the player base for DBD would be much smaller. That’s the truth. F13 is all around a better game, and stays true to the films.

• Like 6

@HuDawg

I get you don’t like DbD. That’s fine. I wouldn’t be caught dead with a Leprechaun profile picture. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

• Haha 1

@Trident77I haven't seen the console numbers but considering they have to deal with host quitting issues I cannot imagine them to be any better percentage wise regarding how many copies sold to how many players still play.

I doubt seriously it competes with DbD there either.

It should, but thanks to Gun it probably doesn't and definitely doesn't compete on PC.

The numbers on Steam are free for anyone to see.

I don't understand the logic in assuming a game that is worse on a console would be doing far better than PC with a better experience. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how they didn't know that host quitting would be an issue.

You have to be oblivious to objective reality in internet gaming, which fits with the rest of the issues outlined.

As to bashing, name something I stated that isn't the truth.

Truth is its own defense and one doesn't get to take offense to it less the world become one of lies and liars.

@HancoveTalk about being in denial!

"they somehow spent their money to play the game and don't play it."

Yeah, because it's a subpar experience, it isn't hard to figure out.

The longer it takes Gun to pull the game together with the more aged the game the further disinterested people become.

Gaming companies simply do not have as long as they desire to complete tasks.

The loop of F13 is not deep enough to give people a multi-year plan.

Heck, perks aren't even counselor specific and Jason has none to earn.

@Caliph The truth, Caliph, is that you just admitted you don't know what the console numbers are. So what you're really doing at this point is trying to convince everyone something you can't prove, and you even admit that point too. And all of this because you really don't like FF13th: The Game, so you're basically trying to turn what you're saying into truth because you want it to be the truth.

'Nuff said.

Edit: Seriously guys, this is starting to get old. Can't we just agree that DbD as well as FF13th: The Game are both solid games in their own ways? Neither of them will be perfect to be sure, but both games are always trying to actively improve their experience. This is basically a dick-measuring contest now.

Edited by Trident77
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Caliph said:

I didn't think you addressed me at all.

F13 is boring.

That's why only a few hundred still play it.

It's clunky, the perks are nonsensical in that lesser rarity can have better stats than the rarer and the devs are slow as molasses. 

The mechanics are tedious in that trying to pull off better kills typically ends in counselors breaking free so most go for a head punch or choke.

The perks counselors use are the same tedious meta coupled with the same tedious counselor selection.

The strategy for maps is the same.

Trap here and there and kill.

Chasing cars is the most retarded gameplay I've ever came across when after you disable the car it fixes itself by turning the ignition, preceded by a Scooby Doo style runaround and stun session.

Then of course there is the what seems to be 100% stun rate with certain builds.

I know it's a genre/format limitation but it becomes monotonous when coupled with the rest of the issues.

I get that this is your game of choice and you feel personally responsible to defend it but as a backer I can comfortably say its been a huge letdown and has without question soured me to funding anything through Kickstarter in the future.

I feel especially sorry for the guys who paid 10k to be in the game because i'd gamble on them not playing anymore at this point. 

It can be changed of course though I believe the lost community is gone for good.

Better games are constantly coming out and while they may not be the same genre they take the attention off f13 from people who were interested in it.

A few hundred only play it? I find that hard to believe! Dude it’s world wide constant full lobbies! And don’t feel sorry for us bigger backers I couldn’t be more happy with everything I got especially the game! I play this game religiously I can’t help it it’s addicting and short and sweet! I tried DBD and wasn’t impressed it actually gave me motion sickness with the way the camera blurs every turn you make and running around cheap repetitive sandbox maps idk 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

@Caliph The truth, Caliph, is that you just admitted you don't know what the console numbers are. So what you're really doing at this point is trying to convince everyone something you can't prove, and you even admit that point too. And all of this because you really don't like FF13th: The Game, so you're basically trying to turn what you're saying into truth because you want it to be the truth.

'Nuff said.

Edit: Seriously guys, this is starting to get old. Can't we just agree that DbD as well as FF13th: The Game are both solid games in their own ways? Neither of them will be perfect to be sure, but both games are always trying to actively improve their experience. This is basically a dick-measuring contest now.

I very much agree with you here, game how you want to game and don’t shame others for playing what they enjoy. I truly don’t dislike DBD, I just find the gameplay not as engaging as F13’s is all. I would never look down on someone who loves the game. and to be totally honest I actually enjoy watching some of my favorite YouTubers playing the game, I just don’t care to play it myself. It just wasn’t for me.

@Trident77

You don't know the numbers either and what you are doing is looking at Steam numbers and assuming they are independent one-offs and unlikely to represent the whole.

I think you are the one being dishonest or absurdly optimistic.

The fact is you like the game and want others to like the game as well to justify your own like of it in spite of the long list of reasons to not.

The problem with F13 is that the cool things the game brings to the table are all executed rather poorly and the sum is a snowball of mediocrity.

Not knowing something conclusively doesn't mean one is incapable of using deductive reasoning to hypothesize a likelihood.

'Nuff said.

I love and play both games.

However what people tend to forget is the fact that Dead by Daylight was in a pretty rough and buggy and unbalanced state for almost a year. The game was full of exploits, infinites, gamebreaking bugs and random freezes / crashes. The performance was abysmal too. Things got better with the engine update and after one year anniversary the devs stepped up their game and make everything better.

• Thanks 1

@Caliph you shouldn’t feed the trolls. It doesn’t matter what you say, or what proof that you have, they will just ignore it, or turn it into something that it isn’t. As long as you are enjoying whatever games that you play, that is all that matters.  ENJOY!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/27/2018 at 12:59 AM, Alkavian said:

I haven't seen that movie in ages. Good ol' B movie from my childhood. I too approve the avatar choice.

I watched the blu-ray the other week. Still a cool little flick, even with all the flaws.

As for F13 vs DBD, I play F13 because I am a fan of the series, playing as Jason in 3rd person, running from Jason as a counselor and the attention to detail put into the game. The intro screen and music makes me want to play.

Nothing that I have seen on DBD gives me the same “I gotta play” feeling.  I think many people fail to understand that the difference is one is a based on a movie series while the other is just a generic horror game. If it was generic horror vs generic horror, I probably wouldn’t be on this forum or this game either. The nostalgia of F13 is what keeps it going for me (probably for a lot of the base).

I understand the frustrations and don’t blame players for leaving. I wish F13 had better player numbers, but it is what it is. 

As always, just my 2 cents on the conversation.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@HuDawg

I get you don’t like DbD. That’s fine. I wouldn’t be caught dead with a Leprechaun profile picture. Different strokes for different folks. ;)

Well to be honest..  When i picked the Leprechaun picture i was thinking " Who's the worst Movie Slasher"....  lol

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Well to be honest..  When i picked the Leprechaun picture i was thinking " Who's the worst Movie Slasher"....  lol

Yeah but the first leprechaun wasn’t that bad, it had young Jennifer Aniston. Lol.

Dead by daylight will always be the superior game. Friday the 13th has way to many issues that frustrate players, hence the low player rate. Consoles have been dealing with host quits, making most games unplayable. Several bugs that took months to fix, or some that have been present since LAUNCH. 

Dead by Daylight, is winning because developers are true and listen to the community. Bugs and glitches are always patched under a week. Doesn’t matter if the killers don’t automatically get killed @HuDawg you made yourself clear, several times. 

Friday the 13th is true to the movies, but it has serveral issues that not even the “April” patch won’t fix.

10 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Bugs and glitches are always patched under a week.

Again, only if they affect survivors. Killer bugs get left in for months and devs have acknowledged they are a lower priority.

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Dead by Daylight, is winning because developers are true and listen to the community. Bugs and glitches are always patched under a week. Doesn’t matter if the killers don’t automatically get killed @HuDawg you made yourself clear, several times. 

Again, it took them a year to get even semi competent at what they were trying to do. There were long long long stretches with unpached exploits and glitches, killers went on to strike, add ons and perks that should not stack stacked, people were glitching survivor perks onto killers, there were abuse spots on almost each map where the killer could not reach you etc.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Friday the 13th is true to the movies, but it has serveral issues that not even the “April” patch won’t fix.

Unless you are on the F13 dev team, you aren’t in any position to say what the next patch (which is an engine upgrade) will fix or will not fix. You are just making assumptions. 

And they are working on dedicated servers for Xbox One and PS4 players.

6 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Dead by daylight will always be the superior game. Friday the 13th has way to many issues that frustrate players, hence the low player rate. Consoles have been dealing with host quits, making most games unplayable. Several bugs that took months to fix, or some that have been present since LAUNCH. 

DBD is superior?     Superior at what exactly?

Im not saying F13th is perfect and i agree that the lack of dedicated servers on console if a huge drag.    But thats pretty much the only thing DbD has over F13th.

Again..  Unlike DBD.  Jasons actually kills people.  That TRUMPS everything.  So it does matter of the killers don't actually get kills.  Thats the POINT of a slasher movie... id just assume thats the point of a slasher game.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:46 PM, Turtle said:

:rolleyes: Remember "Dead by May?"

7c658d97956f1d4edafa7ba45ba73623.png

Their worst is our best.

Keep this thread on page one.

Let this thread be a daily reminder to Gun/Illfonic to get their shit together.

F13 is a Superior game, it’s just unfortunate we have average (trying to be nice) developers/support.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

Keep this thread on page one.

Let this thread be a daily reminder to Gun/Illfonic to get their shit together.

F13 is a Superior game, it’s just unfortunate we have average (trying to be nice) developers/support.

My friend, I appreciate your passion for the game and your dedication to the product (and I agree with you -- F13 is a far superior game). 

But they don't need THIS thread constantly recirculated in order to motivate them to perform. I can assure you they're well aware of performance statistics with NO help from us. Trying to artificially recirculate this thread so that they have a "daily reminder" is like sticking a thorn in their side while they're trying to perfect their creation. 

Would that make YOU do a better job? Would you have liked your parents holding your report card in your face throughout each day while you're at school trying to improve your grades? You KNOW what your grades are, and you're doing everything you can to improve them. All your parents are doing is making it hurt more.

If that's your goal, go for it. But it won't make them work any faster or more efficiently. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2018 at 4:27 AM, Hancove said:

On DbD I'm sure that everyone tries to fix generators to escape the same does not happen on Friday. 

Bug and glitches are bad, waiting lobby simulator is bad but I don't think they are the main reason. 

Very true sir.The game is plagued with small children who dont understand it.They just run around looking for pocket knives,leave doors open then quit when they die after using their pocket knives.I've gotten over them not using mics but atleast play the game generally how its supposed to be played...even some adults play with the same stategy.I got in a lobby yesterday and as soon as i spawned i watched a guy run into a house...not lock the door and he opened two droors...i just quit the game right there and started playing wwe2k.