gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

dealing with host issues for well over a year

Save the drama for yo mama because the game hasn't even been out for a year yet

And you guys gotta start hating in better more creative ways. You're all too repetitive and you don't go deep enough.

C'mon guys, miserable people are normally more entertaining than this

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Save the drama for yo mama because the game hasn't even been out for a year yet

And you guys gotta start hating in better more creative ways. You're all too repetitive and you don't go deep enough.

C'mon guys, miserable people are normally more entertaining than this

Really there is nothing left to discuss in regards to current issues. People are chattering for the sake of keeping themselves occupied at this point it seems. The arguments have been heard from pretty much every angle. Sides have drawn their lines in the sand. We all just wait now.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 12:36 AM, gyaaft said:

I came across an interesting post on the Dead by Daylight subreddit earlier. Tons of people commented so I figured I'd shared it here.

Whatever subreddit is these kids don’t have a clue they make up bullshit that the game is dead in a sense that they are speaking for everyone! I don’t think the devs are worrying that a few people leave due to minor delays or bugs I think they have confidence and passion behind the most amazing fun game ? 

im so sick of kids reading stats on player base! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Whatever subreddit is these kids don’t have a clue they make up bullshit that the game is dead in a sense that they are speaking for everyone! I don’t think the devs are worrying that a few people leave due to minor delays or bugs I think they have confidence and passion behind the most amazing fun game ? 

im so sick of kids reading stats on player base! 

11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Exactly lol! Man i use so many social media sites that if I started Sub Reddit I would get a divorce LMFAO! 

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Exactly lol! Man i use so many social media sites that if I started Sub Reddit I would get a divorce LMFAO! 

Err... I was suggesting you’re out of touch and blaming young people.

Awkward. :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Err... I was suggesting you’re out of touch and blaming young people.

Awkward. :lol:

Well read the posts in subreddit comments it’s obvious a lot of them are just angry and trash talking because why?? I don’t know why lol just social media Bordem hate always wanting more?!? Not sure 

1 hour ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Well read the posts in subreddit comments it’s obvious a lot of them are just angry and trash talking because why?? I don’t know why lol just social media Bordem hate always wanting more?!? Not sure 

Most of them are likely kids who can’t afford the $40 to purchase the game and want to feel more secure in the product that they do own. I was a teen gamer once as well.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

Most of them are likely kids who can’t afford the $40 to purchase the game and want to feel more secure in the product that they do own. I was a teen gamer once as well.

Nah. DbD is a better game for a better price with more content and more addicting gameplay. It isn't the same game but things work and it's smooth. F13 feels rough and is taking eons to get in a good place that makes people want to stay and play it. It might get there one day but for now, there is no comparison.

5 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Nah. DbD is a better game for a better price with more content and more addicting gameplay. It isn't the same game but things work and it's smooth. F13 feels rough and is taking eons to get in a good place that makes people want to stay and play it. It might get there one day but for now, there is no comparison.

I was talking about the reddit thread users but you can think I was talking about you if you want. I don’t enjoy DBD and make no excuses for Friday’s shortcomings. But you are never gonna convience me that DBD is the better game, for me it’s flat out BORING. And a huge disappointment to a Halloween fan such as myself.

• Like 2

I didn't think you addressed me at all.

F13 is boring.

That's why only a few hundred still play it.

It's clunky, the perks are nonsensical in that lesser rarity can have better stats than the rarer and the devs are slow as molasses. 

The mechanics are tedious in that trying to pull off better kills typically ends in counselors breaking free so most go for a head punch or choke.

The perks counselors use are the same tedious meta coupled with the same tedious counselor selection.

The strategy for maps is the same.

Trap here and there and kill.

Chasing cars is the most retarded gameplay I've ever came across when after you disable the car it fixes itself by turning the ignition, preceded by a Scooby Doo style runaround and stun session.

Then of course there is the what seems to be 100% stun rate with certain builds.

I know it's a genre/format limitation but it becomes monotonous when coupled with the rest of the issues.

I get that this is your game of choice and you feel personally responsible to defend it but as a backer I can comfortably say its been a huge letdown and has without question soured me to funding anything through Kickstarter in the future.

I feel especially sorry for the guys who paid 10k to be in the game because i'd gamble on them not playing anymore at this point. 

It can be changed of course though I believe the lost community is gone for good.

Better games are constantly coming out and while they may not be the same genre they take the attention off f13 from people who were interested in it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I didn't think you addressed me at all.

F13 is boring.

That's why only a few hundred still play it.

It's clunky, the perks are nonsensical in that lesser rarity can have better stats than the rarer and the devs are slow as molasses. 

The mechanics are tedious in that trying to pull off better kills typically ends in counselors breaking free so most go for a head punch or choke.

The perks counselors use are the same tedious meta coupled with the same tedious counselor selection.

The strategy for maps is the same.

Trap here and there and kill.

Chasing cars is the most retarded gameplay I've ever came across when after you disable the car it fixes itself by turning the ignition, preceded by a Scooby Doo style runaround and stun session.

I know it's a genre/format limitation but it becomes monotonous when coupled with the rest of the issues.

I get that this is your game of choice and you feel personally responsible to defend it but as a backer I can comfortably say its been a huge letdown and has without question soured me to funding anything through Kickstarter in the future.

It can be changed of course though I believe the lost community is gone for good.

Better games are constantly coming out and while they may not be the same genre they take the attention off f13 from people who were interested in it.

Agree to disagree homie.

You stand in disagreement with the 90% that quit already.

I mean sure, you can refuse to admit any faults the game has and stand unwavering that it's better but the numbers speak for themselves.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:53 PM, MichaelMemers said:

I wouldn't go that far. DbD is the sort of game where major stuff like the trails survivors leave or the sounds they make will not display properly making it difficult to track them.

You obviously haven’t played in quite a while, as these were fixed 2 patches ago.  DbD has doubled its development staff, and that doesn’t include the staff for Death Garden. They also released their plans for the next year+.  They keep their word, unlike another development company that we all know too well.  ALL of the new non-licensed DbD content can be purchased, or earned in game if you don’t want to pay for it.  The licensed content depends upon the license holder, and it looks like the F13 remake Jason is coming to DbD, which sort of slipped in one of the dev steams.  Oh yeah, the WEEKLY dev streams too.  I wrote off F13 as a complete loss a long time ago, and am hoping that I’ll be able to recoup something with the single player content that is still pending.  Once they take the dedicated servers offline, that’s all that will be left.

5 minutes ago, Caliph said:

You stand in disagreement with the 90% that quit already.

I mean sure, you can refuse to admit any faults the game has and stand unwavering that it's better but the numbers speak for themselves.

Caliph, I don't want to look like I'm calling you out, but where exactly are you getting these numbers?

Steam is one thing, but the number of people who play the console versions could be different. What we do know for certain number-wise is the FF13th game was 3rd highest selling game on the PS4, and while it's true that I don't know the console numbers for sure, it's also true you likely don't as well.

I googled information as best as I could, but so far those numbers are unknown. If it's possible the numbers of the game, no matter the system, are low, then it's also possible the console numbers are high enough that Gun Media/IllFonic decided to still produce content for it as well. All I'm seeing out for your statements is what you want to be fact, rather than what actually is fact. And considering you favor one game over the other, while proudly bashing your more favorite game's competitor on their forums, it's not hard to see where this bias is coming from.

The game has faults to be sure, but it's also true that Gun Media wants a true FF13th experience as we've seen in previous interviews, henceforth all the updates coming including the game engine update. Show us some actual facts/numbers, or admit that you really don't know what the numbers are, and just enjoy bashing the game because it disappointed you a while ago.

• Like 2

I have never cared if I am in the minority with my opinions, I am my own person and will continue be despite what the majority may say. I know what I like and that is that. I never said Friday was faultless but you can continue to put words in my mouth if it makes you feel like your intelectually superior. These number you quote are for steam alone, where’s your argument for consoles? Where people play more frequently btw. Also I’d like to ask, why are you in a forum  for a game you don’t like? I wouldn’t go to DBD chat rooms and stir crap, unlike you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trident77 said:

...FF13th game was 3rd highest selling game on the PS4...

I know that it wan’t you that made this bold claim, but it is being used out of context, and is not accurate.  F13 is no where near the 3rd highest selling game on the PS4, in fact, it didn’t even make the top 20.  It is in 3rd place for DIGITAL DOWNLOADS ONLY, but it was also voted the worst PS4 game released in 2017.  BTW, for those DbD naysayers, DbD did make the top 20 best selling list of games on the PS4 for 2017.

• Confused 1

Just now, Kaelum said:

I know that it wan’t you that made this bold claim, but it is being used out of context, and is not accurate.  F13 is no where near the 3rd highest selling game on the PS4, in fact, it didn’t even make the top 20.  For a small window in time, it was in 3rd place for digital downloads ONLY, and it was voted the worst PS4 game released in 2017.  BTW, for those DbD naysayers, DbD made the top 20 best selling games on the PS4 for 2017.

Correction: Friday the 13th: The Game was the third highest sellling downloaded PS4 game in the US for 2017. This is also considering the PS4 had stiff competition like Horizon: Zero Dawn as well as Call of Duty: WWII.

Still, the point I'm making here is that Friday the 13th was a profitable game last year. You're thinking in the context of how well it sold compared to DbD, and honestly many of us don't really care who has the bigger fanbase. What many of us care about instead is whether or not the game is profitable enough to remain alive, and considering all the huge updates coming up, it's clear that Gun Media/IllFonic will continue to show support to this game.

And it hasn't even been one year for this game. FF13th hasn't been around as long as DbD, so it may even see numbers rival DbD in the future if the game continues to receive updates that help keep it alive, like say the upcoming dedicated servers as well as engine update.

Say what you want, but the game obviously has some traction left to it. At this point, you're trying to use numbers to convince everyone DbD is the superior game, and if that were true then every AAA licensed game with huge fanbases would be great as well. And considering how many disappointments there were (e.g. Star Wars: BF2), I'd say a fun game isn't directly tied to the numbers of the playerbase.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

At this point, you're trying to use numbers to convince everyone DbD is the superior game...

You might want to stop placing words in others mouths, as that is not anywhere near what I said, nor did I imply it.  BTW, superior is a very strange word choice.

Beauty (fun) is in the eye of the beholder, and what is fun for you, or myself, may not be fun to others.  I do prefer one game over the other, as does most everyone here, but false statements are false statements. If you were to look back at my post, prior to your posting of your reply, you would have seen that I was in the process of editing my post.  Just like the game, these forums are incomplete, and are missing features that forums have had for over 2 decades (i.e. Preview), which requires you to post, in order to see what you’re posting.

@Trident77

I agree that a focus on sales or numbers is misguided. It’s certainly a part of the conversation but doesn’t settle anything.

Dead by Daylight has benefited from a fairly consistent stream of content, fixes and balance adjustments. I like Dead by Daylight but what keeps the game interesting is the stable stream of new content. The game evolves based on new killers, survivors and perks. It’s not a perfect game by any stretch but consistency generally makes it the better game.

Friday the 13th’s lack of new content, or game-changing content, doesn’t help but I think the lack of balance and bug fixes is what’s causing gamers to move on. There are well-known issues from the beta that remain unaddressed and it’s difficult to discern if the engine update will come with a healthy dose of bug fixes or if they will only be to start working on those fixes once the update is released.

Friday the 13th expects players to weather more adversity than any game I’ve ever seen. It feels like the game is working against you to even play it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

You might want to stop placing words in others mouths, as that is not anywhere near what I said, nor did I imply it.  BTW, superior is a very strange word choice.

Beauty (fun) is in the eye of the beholder, and what is fun to you, or myself, may not be fun to others.  I do prefer one game over the other, as does most everyone here, but false statements are false statements. If you were to look back at my post, prior to your posting of your reply, you would have seen that I was in the process of editing my post.  Just like the game, these forums are incomplete, and are missing features that forums have had for over 2 decades (i.e. Preview), which requires you to post, in order to see what you’re posting.

If you want to edit a post, you should use the option that shows you editted the post as well. Sorry, but it's not like you can automatically expect I'll know you editted a post. I've got other things to do with my life than constantly check if someone changed something in their posts.

And let's be real here: you're not here to talk about how glorious your favorite game is, you're here to partake in bashing FF13th. There's really no other reason why you're here if you don't like this game, you'd be with your own fanbase talking about how great it is if that were really the case, so taking the superior higher moral ground with me looks really hypocritical.

But I'm glad to see you also think "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder." Which still doesn't actually explain why you're here talking about how great your game is, on a thread that was designed to bash FF13th. You put one and one together, and you get two...

Edit: See, notice how I have the editted part in this post? That's what I'm talking about.

@bewareofbears Won't argue with you there, but I'd say in a few months we'll see some nice QoL changes. Dedicated servers is what I'm looking forward to the most, and once stealth/strength/repair becomes more relevant as well as Jason getting more tools to deal with groups (and not being so easy to kill), I'd say we've got a brighter future than some people here think. The bug fixes that'll supposedly happen once the game engine update happens will be icing on the cake as well.

Edited by Trident77
Heh.
  • Like 1

@Trident77

Here’s hoping.

I think a lack of optimism by most is fair and based on how things have gone in the past. Gun/IllFonic could rebuild a lot of trust by just making regular balance and bug fixes.

@Trident77 you might want to look up the word hypocritical, and then reread my posts.  My stance is extremely clear, and well stated.  However, your description of my stance is WAY OFF BASE.  You might want to take some of your own advice, instead of trolling.

Edited by Kaelum
I don’t feed trolls.

4 minutes ago, Kaelum said:

@Trident77 you might want to look up the word hypocritical, and then reread my posts.  My stance is extremely clear, and well stated.  However, your description of my stance is WAY OFF BASE.  You might want to take some of your own advice, instead of trolling.

Heh. Alright, this was kinda funny, but now I'm getting bored. I'm going to guess you're the kind of person who has to have "the final say." So, I'll let you do just that.

But don't pretend you're here purely because you want to talk about how great you game is. You're here, like many others, because you don't like this game, and find it amusing to bash on it by making direct comparisons. The fact your location lists the game you like, and how flustered you're getting with me who's been defending this game, is proof of that if nothing else.

• Like 1