gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

Just now, pApA^LeGBa said:

and buy my first ever console after pong in my gaming career, because the devs aren´t able or don´t want to do anything against cheating? yeah sure...

Exactly lol

We all know steam has the lowest player count. We've also all heard about the hackers and cheaters you guys get. There's nothing I can do about, so I simply suggest switching platforms. I know thats stupid though.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:59 PM, tHr33 said:

I personally feel that F13, even on PC, can beat DbD. DbD's graphics sucks and I hate the repetitive limited objectives.

Friday cant beat DbD on PC.When it comes tothe size of the playerbase DbD is already lightyears ahead. The new update is not going to change that, because Friday already has earned a bad reputation.There is no second chance for the first impression. If a game basicöy is good fromthe get gothe peoplewillstick with it, but if there is something they were not down with, they will move on to the next game. That has already happened,you can see this in thecount of active Fridayplayers which got smaller and smaller.

When itcomes to repetitive objectives,wellthats the nature of every online multiplayer game. You do the same thing over and over again. Doesnt matter if its Friday,DbD, Counterstrike, even Fifa and so on. Its always the same,thats the reason why you get good at it, if you stick to it long enough.

In DbD yougot todo the generators. In Friday you have a phone and 2 cars/1 car and1 boat. Oh and yeah you can kill Jason. Now lets be honest, good expirienced Jasons rarely, almost never, get killed. Most of the time its a group of experienced counselors who are friends ganging up on an unexperienced, still learning the game, Jason.Now they feel great, they smacked the shit out of Jason, they danced above him, they killed him. They Jasonplayer on the other hand had frustrating experience and if he gets a few more of those, which will happen more sooner than later, he will quit the game and move on, which leaves the "we-are-so-good-guys" there, still sticking with the game and wondering why it hasnt a much bigger playerbase.

Thats the problem, new players get trolled out of this game almost immediatly.

In recent months I had some friends asking me about my opinion when Friday was on sale. I told each and every one ofthem  "Dontbuy it, you will regret it. If you bought itwhen it was released you would have had a few months of fun, but now donteven think about purchasing it."

You can only increase the number of active players by giving the game away for free and make money over in game dlc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

If a game basicöy is good fromthe get gothe peoplewillstick with it, but if there is something they were not down with, they will move on to the next game. That has already happened,you can see this in thecount of active Fridayplayers which got smaller and smaller.

While that's true, it is possible to get new blood in, but that requires frequent sales and even free weekends. I doubt the game will go on sale with the new update even though every other multiplayer game on the market would go on sale if they hadn't been updated in 4 months and suddenly had a massive update to show off. These devs don't even seem to care about the money side of things.

Also DbD is filled with killer bullying, you have to be a masochist to main the killer role in that game.

Why is this topic still a thing?

DBD is a boring ass game with Cos Play Killers that don't kill.  

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Because people love to argue?

28 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

While that's true, it is possible to get new blood in, but that requires frequent sales and even free weekends. I doubt the game will go on sale with the new update even though every other multiplayer game on the market would go on sale if they hadn't been updated in 4 months and suddenly had a massive update to show off. These devs don't even seem to care about the money side of things.

Also DbD is filled with killer bullying, you have to be a masochist to main the killer role in that game.

I do agree that there should an update followed with a sale. That may improve things for the game.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

Just my personal opinion: The Friday Pinataparty is far more worse. And (not only my personal opinion but a statement I heard from many people who switched from Friday toDbD) you can also choose not to be the killer, or to be the killer all day if you like to.

Just now, AngronKharn said:

The Friday Pinataparty is far more worse

Definitely not. It's completely normal for killers to not get a single kill at high ranks against parties. Only a handful of killers see any play at high ranks.

• Like 1

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Definitely not. It's completely normal for killers to not get a single kill at high ranks against parties. Only a handful of killers see any play at high ranks.

But thats the point where the rankingsystem is completly misunderstood. Of course you can try to reach rank1 . Be amongst the best,get the hardest competition posssible,or you can playcasual from time to time, just for a few rounds, you willstick tothe low ranks and have the chance to play against people based on your level of skill. Of course there is deranking on purpose, or you meet high rank survivors if they are in a group with friends and search for a game together, but inthe lobby you can still cancel that match. You dont have to play against four prestige one claudettes allequipedwith flashlights.

In Friday you have to take what you get.You can end up being Jason in a lobby were five counselors are connected via discord, or whatever. No chance to dodge it,no 100% possibilty to not become Jason. The game can doomyou to be the punchingbag.

3 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

But thats the point where the rankingsystem is completly misunderstood. Of course you can try to reach rank1 . Be amongst the best,get the hardest competition posssible,or you can playcasual from time to time, just for a few rounds, you willstick tothe low ranks and have the chance to play against people based on your level of skill. Of course there is deranking on purpose, or you meet high rank survivors if they are in a group with friends and search for a game together, but inthe lobby you can still cancel that match. You dont have to play against four prestige one claudettes allequipedwith flashlights.

In Friday you have to take what you get.You can end up being Jason in a lobby were five counselors are connected via discord, or whatever. No chance to dodge it,no 100% possibilty to not become Jason. The game can doomyou to be the punchingbag.

If you play for any reasonable amount of time, and not just a dozen matches every month, you're going to get to rank 1 no matter how bad you are at the game unless you intentionally throw matches to stay at low rank. The ranking system is a joke, so high rank gameplay being so poorly balanced is a big deal. F13's balance is a joke at high levels too, but you're far less likely to get such a match because of the lack of any ranking system.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Well when it comes to killanimations Friday really is superior to DbD. But how often do you execute them? Eighttimes in one match at best, they are a bonus, anything else is the real gameplay. Playing it just for the reason of cool killanimations is like playing a racinggame just because it has a coolanimation everytime you cross the start/finishline. The driving around the course it what makes the game, if thats messed up you can flush it down the toilet.

2 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Well when it comes to killanimations Friday really is superior to DbD. But how often do you execute them? Eighttimes in one match at best, they are a bonus, anything else is the real gameplay. Playing it just for the reason of cool killanimations is like playing a racinggame just because it has a coolanimation everytime you cross the start/finishline. The driving around the course it what makes the game, if thats messed up you can flush it down the toilet.

The “driving around the course” in a Friday the 13th game IS the kill animations. Same as the movies. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The ranking system is a joke, so high rank gameplay being so poorly balanced is a big deal. F13's balance is a joke at high levels too, but you're far less likely to get such a match because of the lack of any ranking system.

Thats true. In Friday you should behappy to anything like a match at all. My experience from a match today:I became Jason, one person quited instantly (probably because he/she was not Jason), I grab my two knife from the shack and morph, the next player quits because he/she was in a house right next to my morph. ThenI ran in a group of three /Buggzy,Adam,Vanessa) who tried to play the famous pinataparty with me. So I started slashing,whenIhad the first one ready to die ... quit, the second one ready to die ...both remaining of that group quited.

Sothat left me with two guys really tried,but two remaining after five minutes? What do you think are their chances?

Unless you play private matchesthe whole game is already a saltmine. People who dont end up in there, will have a hard time finding games to play.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

The “driving around the course” in a Friday the 13th game IS the kill animations. Same as the movies. 

Sadly its not because driving around the course adresses what you do most of of the,which is hunting the counselors ... or the counselors hunting Jason.

DbD just went on sale 50% off and is free to play for the weekend. There goes any wind in this game's sails.

DbD just went on sale 50% off and is free to play for the weekend. There goes any wind in this game's sails.

Why would it do that? More and new game modes, Friday the 13th. Dbd the same repair and escape mechanics from the previous 1000 00000000000000 matches.

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Why would it do that? More and new game modes, Friday the 13th. Dbd the same repair and escape mechanics from the previous 1000 00000000000000 matches.

Because anyone who is willing to spend $40 on a game that is still a buggy mess even a year later has already bought the game. You want new players, you need to go on sale. People will choose DbD which is currently 1/4th the price of F13 and far more stable.

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Because anyone who is willing to spend $40 on a game that is still a buggy mess even a year later has already bought the game. You want new players, you need to go on sale. People will choose DbD which is currently 1/4th the price of F13 and far more stable.

The game has been on sale on several different occasions. I get it, you like DBD better. Nothing is stopping you from play their game, posting on their forums, and contributing to their game. Most fans are excited about today's update, and nothing you say or do will change that. 

Just now, Manny1985 said:

The game has been on sale on several different occasions.

But those sales are never tied to big content updates. They just go on sale when every other game is on sale, including the competition.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

you like DBD better.

No, I actually prefer F13 because I prefer the core gameplay. But the DbD devs manage their game much better and have much better business sense. It's why they have around twenty times the playerbase and a much stabler game.

• Like 1

F13 should be a better game then DBD.  the DBD system of just start generates is repetitive and fairly boring,  and th game still has issues, but yet it is still me appealing and more enjoyable for over 10,000 more people that F13. heck. You can see F13 be at 300 to 500 players at times of the day DBD is at 15,000.   I know people are just to frustrated with this game, and play that game because at leas they can have some amounts of fun.

I'm hopeful todays update at least gives a couple hours of fun in the single player mode. The multiple updates I hope add some level of enjoyment, but I think it is probably too little, too late. 

1 minute ago, MichaelMemers said:

But those sales are never tied to big content updates. They just go on sale when every other game is on sale, including the competition.

No, I actually prefer F13 because I prefer the core gameplay. But the DbD devs manage their game much better and have much better business sense. It's why they have around twenty times the playerbase and a much stabler game.

They actually don't have a larger player base. They do on PC, but Xbox and PS4, Friday has a much larger player base. I know the game has bugs, but the game is still much more fun to play with friends. I enjoy escaping with 6 other friends, than 3 others.

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

They actually don't have a larger player base. They do on PC, but Xbox and PS4, Friday has a much larger player base. I know the game has bugs, but the game is still much more fun to play with friends. I enjoy escaping with 6 other friends, than 3 others.

DbD's console version is outsourced, low quality crap that was meant to dupe the handful of people dumb enough to buy it, like the Payday games that were never supported post-launch on consoles. The DbD devs only care about the PC version. I also only care about the PC version, because console players haven't even been able to finish matches and get exp in F13 for a year now. I would have quit after the first two weeks if I had bought the PS4 version instead of the PC one.

34 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Sorry dude.. But i play racing games to race..  Just as i play F13th to kill or be killed.  SO i have no clue WTF your point is.

Killing people isn't a BONUS.  Its the entire point of being a KILLER.  And you kill up to 8 players because thats the max..  So, it happens as much as it possibly can.

Also.. DBD so called game play is much more boring and much more repetitive than F13th.  Unless you consider gen repairs and hooks fun.

Seriously.. i see more kills in in F13th in one night than i do in DBD in a whole year.

DbD's console version is outsourced, low quality crap that was meant to dupe the handful of people dumb enough to buy it, like the Payday games that were never supported post-launch on consoles. The DbD devs only care about the PC version. I also only care about the PC version, because console players haven't even been able to finish matches and get exp in F13 for a year now. I would have quit after the first two weeks if I had bought the PS4 version instead of the PC one.

Yes, console players have to be smarter about their games because the lack of dedicated servers. Quitters haven't been a problem with me because I usually either play with friends, or I host my own room. I will take console F13 over PC any day though because I couldn't deal with hackers. That's just me though.

Either way I have never been a fan of PC gaming. Every person I have known either has to constantly upgrade their system, or they computer breaks and they have to buy new parts. Not only that, many experience some type of hard to repair errors that require constant reboots. No thank you.