gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

10 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

This game has exceeded my expectations and provided me with many, many, many hours of fun and entertainment despite the varied issues present. And I have been waiting a very long time to see it realized. To me, as a Friday the 13th fan? This game has been a huge success. :)

Lucky for you, but not everyone can be content with a broken game. I'd say its evident that most can't.

On the bright side, I felt I got my money's worth, but it didn't come without tiptoeing around glitches and dealing with unfairness. 

The game asks it's players to deal with too many frustrations and wastes an inordinate amount of their time for most people to want to put up with. Why sit around in Friday browsing YouTube or whatever you do during Spectate Mode, when you can play a game that's half the price, comes with nearly 90% more updates, and isn't anywhere near as consistently glitchy?

You can trash the core gameplay all you want, but at the end of the day, the DBD devs got their shit together, supported their game, and have the numbers to prove it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stoney said:

Lucky for you, but not everyone can be content with a broken game. I'd say its evident that most can't.

On the bright side, I felt I got my money's worth, but it didn't come without tiptoeing around glitches and dealing with unfairness. 

Yeah, not trying to downplay other peoples frustrations, just sharing my own personal feelings.

With something like F13th I think there's a strong novelty element for many players, once that novelty wears off? They move on to something else. That's just the nature of videogames.

I reckon DbD gets a player boost everytime they release new killers like Michael or Freddy (even I jumped back in for Michael! :D). That, the regular updates and the grind for unlocks keeps the player count high. Once they stop releasing new licensed killers I'd say DbD will experience a really sharp decline in players as it's the excitement of new killers coming that's keeping people sticking around.

It seems like people set their expectations for this game way to high. I didn't think I was going to get as many hours of enjoyment from this game as I have when I bought it.

It does have bugs and glitches, but none of those make it a broken unplayable mess on the whole. There are other games that have more polish and perform better, but there are also others that are in far worse shape, despite costing more money. 

I don't think this game will be gone anytime soon. Even if it were though it has had a good run. There are hundreds if not thousands of other games out there that would have loved to have a fraction of the success this game had. 

Since the game was part of that little special not long ago there has been an ONSLAUGHT of 8 to 12 year olds in quick play..on the bright side I haven’t been killed by Jason in about 3 days lmao .If I don’t win the game crashes ,the host quits or Jason quits .lol

8 hours ago, HuDawg said:

IMO F13th was always meant to be a small game with limited amounts of players playing.   And not a massive game where players play 8 hours a day every night like a crack head.   A game where friends and horror fans may only get to play 1-3 hours a week.   F13th really is more of a casual fun horror game. 

Okay I haven to admit ...that’s sounds good but I strongly disagree .Im pretty sure they made this game and they wanted it to do really well...better than what it’s  doing now ...Are you telling me that they literally thought to themselves.....you know....let’s make a game for people to play for a couple of hour.The game still did a hell of a lot better than what they expected (especially at launch) 

let’s not try and play it down that things aren’t  looking so great right now by saying “The game was never meant to be played for 8 hours  by crackheads anyway” 

32 minutes ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Yeah, not trying to downplay other peoples frustrations, just sharing my own personal feelings.

With something like F13th I think there's a strong novelty element for many players, once that novelty wears off? They move on to something else. That's just the nature of videogames.

I reckon DbD gets a player boost everytime they release new killers like Michael or Freddy (even I jumped back in for Michael! :D). That, the regular updates and the grind for unlocks keeps the player count high. Once they stop releasing new licensed killers I'd say DbD will experience a really sharp decline in players as it's the excitement of new killers coming that's keeping people sticking around.

I don't think cool killers is the only thing DbD has going for them, it's also their overall way of making sure their game stays healthy and players happy, which is a key element to having a game that won't just plument to the ground within one year of releasing. I think once they stop releasing content, yes, a lot of players will move onto other games, but that definitely doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon; unlike what we're seeing here. I'm sure a fair amount of players will still stay even after most leave as long as the devs keep maintaining the game. 

On 4/25/2018 at 8:36 PM, gyaaft said:

I came across an interesting post on the Dead by Daylight subreddit earlier. Tons of people commented so I figured I'd shared it here.

Image result for shots fired meme

4 minutes ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Image result for shots fired meme

The DBD devs didn't post that message.

The guy wrote "we" in the same way a sports fan says "we" when they talk about their team. 

1 hour ago, Elias Voorhees said:

To me, as a Friday the 13th fan? This game has been a huge success. :)

Agreed but we are in the minority. F13 was/is buggy but I don't think it's enough to keep the player base as low as it is. For whatever reason it's not as appealing to most people as DBD.

The new update won't do much to bring the numbers back. It'll certainly get a spike, but within a month it'll go back down to the normal declining low, even if all the bugs are fixed. 

It's also hard to say how overall successful either game is because we can't see the console numbers. DBD sold 2+ million Steam copies as opposed to F13's 500 thousand. DBD doesn't seem to dwindle though. 

My theory is that DBD is more of an easily digestible, generic gaming experience. F13 is a little too specific and maybe a little too hard to understand for most gamers.  

• Thanks 1

Both games are fun for what they are. Friday just needs to find a way to get out of this update slump. 

I have to admit, waiting for the next F13 update right now, it's already reminiscing the situation a lot of people had to go through with the Jason pinata incident a few months back.

Having upcoming changes to come at a timely manner is fine, but this has been really lacking for quite awhile now. I'm hoping this next update puts all that too rest. Otherwise, I can't see it looking too good for the game in the long run.

I don't care about the numbers. DbD is boring and annoying as hell. I can't stand killers like Michael and Freddy killing people with a hook. Bye.

2 minutes ago, kitcat said:

I don't care about the numbers. DbD is boring and annoying as hell. 

The main thing DbD holds over F13 is an addicting and rewarding progression system. It brings people back and there's always something to strive to unlock or accomplish.

How's everyone enjoying the perk slot machine?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

The main thing DbD holds over F13 is an addicting and rewarding progression system. It brings people back and there's always something to strive to unlock or accomplish.

Sorry, but it means nothing to me. 

Just now, kitcat said:

Sorry, but it means nothing to me. 

It doesn't have to mean anything to you. the numbers speak for themselves.

• Like 1

They even admitted recently that the perk system was something they basically tacked on at a Q and A.

Hindsight being what it is. They should've just gone with special abilities. Just make sure the speedy counselors didn't have god like abilities and the others had plenty of good, variant ones and it could've worked.

Course, on the other hand. They could've just gone with a total revamp and removed it...but given how long it takes them to accomplish anything and the varying success rate. Its just easier to animate 30 new emotes and call it a day.

At this point, I totally expect Uber/Grendel around New Years and maybe an update on a Retro stand alone Jason in May 2019.

As for Dedicated Servers?...no dice.

11 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It doesn't have to mean anything to you. the numbers speak for themselves.

If MY OPINION means nothing, then don't answer it, my friend :) I'm speaking for myself and you have nothing to do about it. Bye.

Yeah, I think the delay between content drops/updates and the uncertainy of that plays a part. Talking to other players prior to release of content drops/updates you could sense a genuine excitement and anticipation. When that excitement and anticipation is allowed to die down, the game loses momentum and the players start to move on to other things.

I think more frequent content drops/updates and more certainy in terms of release dates would help this issue.

43 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

But...but...we're gonna have LEGENDARY perks in the slot machine soon :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

But...but...we're gonna have LEGENDARY perks in the slot machine soon :P

I am very excited for the legendary perks. I can't wait for the update! 😀

• Like 1

I play Friday the 13th because this game has more variety in situations while DbD it only evolves around whos still alive and how coordinated your team is. Also being a killer in against high level survivors is absolute hell.

Friday is all about if you live, you don’t always need others to help you. But people are often generous enough to help or even save you while DbD they’re only rescuing you for points to rank up. Also being rescued then knocked down again by a camping DbD killer SUCKS ASS.

A progression system is a much better gimmick than a perk slot machine when it comes to keeping players wanting to play.

While the core gameplay is linear, that's what makes it work so well. In F13  it is flat out impossible to survive the night against high level Jasons as a new player, where as in DbD, it is at least feasible if your teammates are very good. It is much simpler to play your role in DbD, because you don't have to learn combat and kiting to avoid getting insta-grab killed.

By no means am I complaining about Jason in F13, I was just stating DbD's linear gameplay makes surviving a lot more possible because it forces you to work together to completely objectives while not being able to fight the killer back.

On top of that, if you die, you can leave and find a new match while keeping all of the XP/BP you earned in the match.

With all that said, personally, I don't enjoy the game at all as a killer because of the first person aspect, and playing as a survivor gets dull quick. Adding to that, the graphics are actually worse than some PS2 era games, which is not a huge problem, but I at least give the edge to Friday there.

None of what I listed takes into account how much more on top of their game the DbD dev are than the F13 devs are. So there's that too.

Although I quit playing Friday, I can at least say I got my money's worth of fun out of it. The same can't be said for my experience with DbD. That was money wasted since I was done with it after my first day or two on it.