gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

15 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This game dosen't have to out perform Dead by Daylight to be a success. If the Dead by Daylight developers are talking about Friday they feel threatened. I own both games and I can tell from experience Dead by Daylight's community is worse than Friday's by a mile and the game is limited in what you can do in it even if it runs a little better.

Well lately Friday is full of plenty of trolls. It seems to be getting worse.

I think the main problem with Friday is its just so clunky and unresponsive, once that gets fixed im hoping we get more players

• Thanks 1

I just read the thread on Reddit and..... They are fucking shameless saying our community is toxic, like hello? And yeah, I think DBD devs put way more effort on their new content and patches and the most important thing, they know how to control the time between one patch and another one. But damn sometimes they can be so ridiculous. Saying things like "go play another game" or the classic one "We did a pretty good job so far", it just kills all the good things they do. And excuse me? Since when F13 is unbalanced? I just need to say two words: Flashlight, DS.

PD: Some of the posts on that thread are a freaking joke, people are so uninformed.

I love Friday more because of my love for the series and the care they out into the aesthetic design of the game, but dBd is 100% a better run game.  They had better hit a fucking home run with the update or this game isn't returning from the grave.  

• Thanks 1

Honestly, they sound like classless aholes and this is coming from someone who has no stake in this.

The kind of people who smack talk on the internet but never would in person cause they know they'd get decked, and they are game devs?

Friday the 13th and Dead by Daylight are really the only games that occupy this current space so some level of rivalry is to be expected. 

It'll be fun to see if Last Year shakes things up at all.

• Like 1

They aren't wrong, it's no wonder people continue to stop playing this game. It's always been horse shit with its glitches, lacks variety, and has always had horrible balancing issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in love with Friday the 13th the Game, as fan of slasher, but I understand a lot of playing for quiting the game.

Because the update not revived the game :

- New Jasons are good, renew the gameplay.
- New maps don't change anything, they need new ways to escape for example. That's cool to see masks in Jarvis room, but it change nothing.
- New counselors change nothing too, they cool because they are in movie, but they just a copy of originals counselors. 
- Emotes was a good idea for no mics players but no one use it (it's awful to use on console with triangle or Y button), or use dance emote just to troll Jason (what I do and there is also a emote for touching Jason's dick when he's stun).
- New clothes are really cool but change nothing too.
- Offline mode is a good argument for Friday's haters to laugh about the game because of the I.A and I agree.
- Virtual Cabin is cool ONLY for the fan of the franchise.
- I still see some people on PS4 community talking about Paranoia mode, so it wasn't also a good idea to tease us with that, I think.

3 hours ago, Sinisterslither said:

I'm in love with Friday the 13th the Game

And apparently Rawhead Rex! I applaud you. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

And apparently Rawhead Rex! I applaud you. 

I haven't seen that movie in ages. Good ol' B movie from my childhood. I too approve the avatar choice.

• Like 1

Just like I would be happy to enjoy DC films as a Marvel fan, I would have been happy to enjoy DbD as a Friday fan.

Unfortunately, in both instances the competition is lacking.

12 hours ago, stoney said:

They aren't wrong, it's no wonder people continue to stop playing this game. It's always been horse shit with its glitches, lacks variety, and has always had horrible balancing issues.

Only time F13th had balancing issue is during the patch that nerf Jason grab to child range and added double the pocket knives.

DBD is a fish on a hook game.    DBD is also a game with KILLER that doesn't kill.  If anything DBD has made Leather Face and Myers a joke.

The only thing lacking right now in F13th is MORE KILLS.   Kills.. kills.... kills.

Kills are F13th bread and butter.  Its what it does better then DbD and it should stick to it.

But the reality is F13th is not a MMO.   It also doesn't have a over the top grinding system like DBD that hooks in suckers that only play to lvl up.  This is why so many kids in DBD rage about Pips and De Pips.     The majority of DBD players only really care about leveling.  Which is probably why they don't care about the killers not killing.

IMO F13th was always meant to be a small game with limited amounts of players playing.   And not a massive game where players play 8 hours a day every night like a crack head.   A game where friends and horror fans may only get to play 1-3 hours a week.   F13th really is more of a casual fun horror game. 

If DBD reddit users think having more players playing that game means something.  The jokes on them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Only time F13th had balancing issue is during the patch that nerf Jason grab to child range and added double the pocket knives.

DBD is a fish on a hook game.    DBD is also a game with KILLER that doesn't kill.  If anything DBD has made Leather Face and Myers a joke.

The only thing lacking right now in F13th is MORE KILLS.   Kills.. kills.... kills.

Kills are F13th bread and butter.  Its what it does better then DbD and it should stick to it.

But the reality is F13th is not a MMO.   It also doesn't have a over the top grinding system like DBD that hooks in suckers that only play to lvl up.  This is why so many kids in DBD rage about Pips and De Pips.     The majority of DBD players only really care about leveling.  Which is probably why they don't care about the killers not killing.

IMO F13th was always meant to be a small game with limited amounts of players playing.   And not a massive game where players play 8 hours a day every night like a crack head.   A game where friends and horror fans may only get to play 1-3 hours a week.   F13th really is more of a casual fun horror game. 

If DBD reddit users think having more players playing that game means something.  The jokes on them. 

So when are we going to stop with the excuses and realize that even if this was a game that was meant to not be as big as Dead By Daylight, it's still failing. 

Let's look at this from a realistic perspective and understand that this upcoming update is really this game's only chance to redeem itself. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

So when are we going to stop with the excuses and realize that even if this was a game that was meant to not be as big as Dead By Daylight, it's still failing. 

Let's look at this from a realistic perspective and understand that this upcoming update is really this game's only chance to redeem itself. 

Define Failing.

The game earned a profit. That makes it a financial success. How many games come out, get played for a few months and quietly go away? Why should this one be considered a failure just because people stopped playing it after a year? No video game maintains the level of players it has at launch for eternity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Define Failing.

The game earned a profit. That makes it a financial success. How many games come out, get played for a few months and quietly go away? Why should this one be considered a failure just because people stopped playing it after a year? No video game maintains the level of players it has at launch for eternity. 

The playerbase is continuing to decline on nearly every platform. They are continuing to maintain multiple servers that not many people are playing on that costs money. Financially it was a major success at launch. 

Now some of us are struggling to even get a lobby 3/4ths of the way filled. For the first time in a long time I hosted a lobby yesterday and only 2 people joined. 

This update really is the make or break. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

The playerbase is continuing to decline on nearly every platform. They are continuing to maintain multiple servers that not many people are playing on that costs money. Financially it was a major success at launch. 

Now some of us are struggling to even get a lobby 3/4ths of the way filled. For the first time in a long time I hosted a lobby yesterday and only 2 people joined. 

This update really is the make or break. 

None of those things make it a failure. The game dying and the servers getting shutdown should not be a surprise because it has happened or it will happen to every game that has come before and after.

4 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

None of those things make it a failure. The game dying and the servers getting shutdown should not be a surprise because it has happened or it will happen to every game that has come before and after.

Usually that happens to games that are deemed "successful" in a couple of years. It hasn't even been a full year yet and the Player Base died down incredibly within 3 months. 

Once again, what other excuses are there. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Usually that happens to games that are deemed "successful" in a couple of years. It hasn't even been a full year yet and the Player Base died down incredibly within 3 months. 

Once again, what other excuses are there. 

That may be true for games produced by larger studios that didn't get their financing from crowd sourcing. Remove the Friday the 13th IP and this is an indie game. Compare it to other indie games that were developed under similar condition. Compared to a lot of indie games this one has already had a long lifespan.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

That may be true for games produced by larger studios that didn't get their financing from crowd sourcing. Remove the Friday the 13th IP and this is an indie game. Compare it to other indie games that were developed under similar condition. Compared to a lot of indie games this one has already had a long lifespan.

It doesn't matter what this game is like compared to others like it, it matters that it's failing and it's evident.

Just now, stoney said:

It doesn't matter what this game is like compared to others like it, it matters that it's failing and it's evident.

What has it failed?

What objective did it set out to achieve that it failed to accomplish?

26 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

What has it failed?

What objective did it set out to achieve that it failed to accomplish?

It failed multiple times at appeasing its fans and consumers - the devs would release DLC content no one asked for as well as protitizing fixes and additions no one wanted. As we can see with this "April update" or lack thereof, the devs are horrible about their timing and keeping a consistent record, something always gets delayed or pushed back. 

They allowed Friday the 13th to remain broken in one way or another throughout the entire duration of the game to date. Major glitches and bugs have been fixed, but in turn more just show up. Now their players are tired of being patient and are looking at other games, the numbers visibly show that. 

This game, like has been stated previously, was a financial success. But if you don't cater to the fanbase, then you cater to no one and your end-game is to lose money. They had many chances to bring back their playerbase and they ultimately failed to do so. This upcoming update is probably their only shot at redemption like @Gummybish said, that is if anyone will even care to try out the update and come back. Eventually they're going to be putting more money into the game than they are recieving. 

To me it's kinda like being in an abusive relationship. You really like the person but you're afraid to go back because you're going to just be diappointed... and abused but that's besides the point. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

It failed multiple times at appeasing its fans and consumers - the dev's would release DLC content no one asked for as well as protitizing fixes and additions no one wanted. As we can see with this "April update" or lack thereof, the Devs are horrible about their timing and keeping a consistent record, something always gets delayed or pushed back. 

They allowed Friday the 13th to remain broken in one way or another throughout the entire duration of the game to date. Major glitches and bugs have been fixed, but in turn more just show up. Now their players are tired of being patient and are looking at other games, the numbers visibly show that. 

This game, like has been stated previously, was a financial success. But if you don't cater to the fanbase, then you cater to no one and your endgame is to lose money. They had many chances to bring back their playerbase and they ultimately failed to do so. This upcoming update is probably their only shot at redemption like @Gummybish said, that is if anyone will even care to try out the update and come back. Eventually they're going to be putting more money into the game than they are recieving. 

To me it's kinda like being in an abusive relationship. You really like the person but you're afraid to go back because you're going to just be diappointed... and abused but that's besides the point. 

It hasn't failed to appease all it's fans. These are not the first game developers to be unable to hit a set date for content releases. Players get tired of all games, it's the way it is. No game has a sustained number of players indefinitely. This game is not going to lose money. The plug will be pulled long before the costs to operate are greater than what it has earned.

I don't understand comparing this game to an abusive relationship. Will the next update be so traumatizing to you if it's not everything you want it to be? Will so much be lost by checking in and being disappointed by it?

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

Redeem itself from what tho?   

People play Fornite..Its probably the most played game right now.   A game with Pick Axes destroying houses, building with a books and shitty gun play.

Judging by todays standard of multiplayer games.  The game needs to get worse to increase player count.

If anything this game need more kills.  More weapons kills, normal kills and environment kills to really keep it fresh.

And tone down the counselors BITCHness.  Limiting how dancing can be used,  remove chain stuns, fix hitting through doors.    

^ Those two things combined just make people want to play more.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

It hasn't failed to appease all it's fans. These are not the first game developers to be unable to hit a set date for content releases. Players get tired of all games, it's the way it is. No game has a sustained number of players indefinitely. This game is not going to lose money. The plug will be pulled long before the costs to operate are greater than what it has earned.

I don't understand comparing this game to an abusive relationship. Will the next update be so traumatizing to you if it's not everything you want it to be? Will so much be lost by checking in and being disappointed by it?

The fact they constantly don't hit their dates and then let us know they will have something for us "Soon" is where the problem stems, if it had happened only a couple of times it'd be excusable. But unfortunately that's not the reality of it, and it's sad when looking at it in a businesslike perspective. You're right, people get tired of games, games that don't offer anything to keep them interested - such as a game that is buggy, unbalanced, and lacking in variety. 

It's a shame we're even discussing the possibility of the devs pulling the plug anytime soon, as this game hasn't even been out a year. That's another major failure, the fact they couldn't even hold up half of its player base for one year of the game's relase.

The abusive relationship comparison at the bottom was supposed to be more or less a joke... I even said "and abused but that's besides the point."

This game has exceeded my expectations and provided me with many, many, many hours of fun and entertainment despite the varied issues present. And I have been waiting a very long time to see it realized. To me, as a Friday the 13th fan? This game has been a huge success. :)

• Like 6