gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

As much as I love F13, I get it. The game literally released broken, and a year later it's finally coming into it's own as a solid game. Fans of the movies,  like alot of us, can overlook the flaws because there was always a playable game in there somewhere (after the first week or so at least). Gun owned up to their follies, and has been working really hard on the game ever since. They said it was a learning experience, and I think that was cool of them.

The F13 experience really puts other release delays into perspective IMO. Shenmue III just got bumped back to 2019 and I've had that paid for via kickstarter since July 2015! While more waiting sucks, if the only alternative is a game that is only good for watching the credits to find my name in the backer shoutouts and listening to Alice Cooper, I'd rather wait.

2 minutes ago, ReavesUppercut said:

a year later it's finally coming into it's own as a solid game.

That remains to be seen. I'm expecting the grab change to completely neuter Jason harder than the December update's eight pocket knives and five shotguns on every map.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

That remains to be seen. I'm expecting the grab change to completely neuter Jason harder than the December update's eight pocket knives and five shotguns on every map.

I like to think they are keeping overall stats on escaped vs killed and are trying to balance it accordingly, but what do I know. I get what you're saying tho

24 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Sorry dude.. But i play racing games to race..  Just as i play F13th to kill or be killed.  SO i have no clue WTF your point is.

Killing people isn't a BONUS.  Its the entire point of being a KILLER.  And you kill up to 8 players because thats the max..  So, it happens as much as it possibly can.

Also.. DBD so called game play is much more boring and much more repetitive than F13th.  Unless you consider gen repairs and hooks fun.

Seriously.. i see more kills in in F13th in one night than i do in DBD in a whole year.

Of course you dont get what my point is because we have different points of view.

To meFriday is as repetitive as DbD and almost every other multiplayer game out their. Repetitevness is the core of online multiplayer games, they dont offer new stuff everytime you play.

In DbD you do gens and what more do you do in Friday? You repair things thru quicktimeevents, oh you have to find them first, now tahts something.So you run around the map, everytime I might add, and serach dor gas, battery and/or a fuse. And thats not repetitive?

When it comes to killing the counselors/survivors itdoesnt matter to me if I kill them by myself or they get stabbed by the entity and go up in the air

Its just like Ivan Drago said in  Rocky 4:"If he dies, he dies."

15 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

When it comes to killing the counselors/survivors it doesnt matter to me if I kill them by myself or they get stabbed by the entity and go up in the air

Ya.. well it matters to me.  

Just like when i watch Texas Chain Saw, or Halloween or F13th..  I expect the killers to kill.  

Not the magic tooth fairy in the sky called the ..."ENTITY"... to pull them up in the air.        

...The ENTITY..   LOL!??!?

Yes the ENTITY.  The DBDs game devs excuse for killers not Killing.     Basically DBD turned these iconic killers in the errand bitch boys for an upside toilet flush demon in the sky.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ya.. well it matters to me.  

Just like when i watch Texas Chain Saw, or Halloween or F13th..  I expect the killers to kill.  

Well i would say Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a bad example for your point here.Inthe original he hits two guys just withhishammer (just like you do in DbD), theguy in the wheelchair gets killed by the chainsaw (which you can do inDbD by using memento mori) and one girl gets onthe hook (just like in DbD).

And when itcomes to Halloween,80% of the kills are Michaels Myers just stabbing someone with his knife ... very repetitive.

Just now, AngronKharn said:

Well i would say Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a bad example for your point here.Inthe original he hits two guys just withhishammer (just like you do in DbD), theguy in the wheelchair gets killed by the chainsaw (which you can do inDbD by using memento mori) and one girl gets onthe hook (just like in DbD).

And when itcomes to Halloween,80% of the kills are Michaels Myers just stabbing someone with his knife ... very repetitive.

I think HuDawg's complaint is more referring to the kills in DBD being a sort of "special" thing via a consumable item instead of the baseline tactic for dealing with Survivors. By nature of the game plot, the Killer is mainly interested in sacrificing Survivors to The Entity (who will eventually give you a reward in the form of letting you "indulge" in a kill), whereas in F13 you're just single-handedly murdering all of them yourself as Jason. 

10 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

In the original F13th.. Jason downs someone at the end of the movie.. And its his only kill.  :D

Leather Face hooks people to save for later.  Not for a magical being in the sky that sucks them in.   He doesn't need MORI"S.. so fuck moris.  WTF a Moir besides a special ticket for kills?  That whole concept is why i DON"T PLAY DBD.

.He just wants fresh meat and enjoys torture and killing.  Theres a reason he enjoys wearing victims faces after HE kills them.

I mean..

Also Mikey loves the Kitchen Knife.  I don't see the issue..He Stabs and slices. And hes actually KILLING them.

Well if its all and only about killing and executing the kills by myself I would play Manhunt instead of Friday.There you have tons of enemies to kill and you can even choose how brutal the kill should be just by holding the button a little longer.

I meanthere is all that argueing about repetitvness and stuff, but then it always comes down to " I kill them by myself"

I mean is the  argument pro Friday really "I can have,at best, 20 seconds of killanimation in 20 minute match"?

Even games like battlefield have animations for close combat kills, does that make these games anything special? Something likethat is just a bonus, nothing more,nothing less. After all its about winning or losing.

If its only about "I want to kill them all, by myself and I want to see it"I would say you have serious issues.

6 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

In the original F13th.. Jason downs someone at the end of the movie.. And its his only kill.  :D

Leather Face hooks people to save for later.  Not for a magical being in the sky that sucks them in.   He doesn't need MORI"S.. so fuck moris.  WTF a Moir besides a special ticket for kills?  That whole concept is why i DON"T PLAY DBD.

.He just wants fresh meat and enjoys torture and killing.  Theres a reason he enjoys wearing victims faces after HE kills them.

I mean..

Also Mikey loves the Kitchen Knife.  I don't see the issue..He Stabs and slices. And hes actually KILLING them.

I agree with this. I think those killers deserve their own game, the setting environment's and kills true to the franchises. Even though I'm a big fan of them, I'm still not interested in DBD. It kind of does matter to me the whole authenticity. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Well if its all and only about killing and executing the kills by myself I would play Manhunt instead of Friday.There you have tons of enemies to kill and you can even choose how brutal the kill should be just by holding the button a little longer.

..Manhunt does't star Jason...  F13th has better kills.   F13th is a 8 play party/slasher game and MANHUNT is a much older and out of date single player game

That being said.. I would like to see a Manhunt movie and TV series.  Or another Manhunt game.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:00 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Use a VPN. But you don´t miss anything. It´s just the skin. not the actual Jason. But you can bet that the guy having the skin also altered other things in the game files.

You are right vpn can help. But now I play with proxy fineproxy package. I used some free vpn, Hola I guess but the speed was awful. Now with proxy everything works great. No lags, I can just switch the region to get access to skins.

I have a good chunk of time now invested in to Dead by Daylight.

I can say, with 100% certainty, that Dead by Daylight is a better game. It's a better game because it fucking works. 

As far as the concept, the mechanics, the immersion and cinematic quality, well, I'm actually even more angry that the developers of Friday the 13th have let it slip in to it's current state.

Forget the lawsuit, that has nothing to do with this and this game, for all intents and purposes, was going to stop adding content anyways. There's always been a cap.

Gun Media, Illfonic - you have a game with the potential to utterly obliterate Dead by Daylight but you have broken this game repeatedly diminishing it to a smoldering heap of code. 

Dead by Daylight does NOT deliver a horror experience and comes nowhere close to holding the potential tension and fear that Friday the 13th is more than capable of delivering.

I can't cohesively express the level of disappointment I feel right now towards this game after really getting a good dose of DbD. 

There's so many basic things the developers could do and what it boils down to, why Dead by Daylight is better, is because it works. It's updated and patched regularly, reliably, and successfully. 

The actual game however.... Jason mains, if you thought you had to deal with bullshit in this game, you obviously haven't had DbD redefine bullshit for you yet. 

The lawsuit drops, who gives a shit, the developers response should have been, "That sucks, new content will have to wait, but hey, we're rolling out some great enhancements to mechanics A B and C". But, no, we all know the lawsuit dropped and then oops, when you select Vanessa and spawn in as Mitch you're gonna die when you escape the Part 3 Jason wearing the Part 8 Skin. 

I'm just stopping the rant now but yeah, DbD is a better game for the wrong reasons even though it really kinda has no business calling itself horror. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Too funny how people are just openly talking about hacking and modding. Bunch of shit that not enough was done to stop/prevent these kinds of pricks. Oh well, maybe soon

• Haha 1

Even today, when I sit back and think about it, I think it's pretty impressive everything they've done with this game in terms of ideas, tension, settings, etc....bugs/glitches aside.

I'm also excited to find a thread I can duck into and post to that isn't locked. It is safe in here, right? Never seen a forum so heavyhanded with locks.

42 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

I'm also excited to find a thread I can duck into and post to that isn't locked. It is safe in here, right? Never seen a forum so heavyhanded with locks.

Me either. Seems like a lot of censorship type stuff for a forum about a game in which you murder people. Kind of ironic.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

At least you're in DbD now.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 1:42 PM, ReavesUppercut said:

As much as I love F13, I get it. The game literally released broken, and a year later it's finally coming into it's own as a solid game. Fans of the movies,  like alot of us, can overlook the flaws because there was always a playable game in there somewhere (after the first week or so at least). Gun owned up to their follies, and has been working really hard on the game ever since. They said it was a learning experience, and I think that was cool of them.

The F13 experience really puts other release delays into perspective IMO. Shenmue III just got bumped back to 2019 and I've had that paid for via kickstarter since July 2015! While more waiting sucks, if the only alternative is a game that is only good for watching the credits to find my name in the backer shoutouts and listening to Alice Cooper, I'd rather wait.

How can you even find your name when it scrolls so fast and has so many columns? Not to mention, it's not in alphabetical order.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 2:02 AM, Trident77 said:

FF13th isn't as polished

I've seen piles of shit that look better than the graphics and aesthetics on DbD.

For all the griping about bugs, F13 looks MILES better.  

The difference is like going from Hellen Keller to seeing in 4K.

Just now, Bropollocreed79 said:

I've seen piles of shit that look better than the graphics and aesthetics on DbD.

For all the griping about bugs, F13 looks MILES better.  

The difference is like going from Hellen Keller to seeing in 4K.

You have a strange obsession with Helen. Not judging you, just making a note of it. Lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You have a strange obsession with Helen. Not judging you, just making a note of it. Lol

Edit: 

On 5/24/2018 at 2:16 PM, AngronKharn said:

Its just like Ivan Drago said in  Rocky 4:"If he dies, he dies."

You dare mention Drago, here?  In front of ME!?

• Haha 2