gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

277 in game spiraling all the way down to not even bother giving numbers. 

Wow.

The game is dead. 

The defibrillator remark made is exactly what I was thinking.

Get the update out on PC. Now. 

2 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

277 in game spiraling all the way down to not even bother giving numbers. 

Wow.

The game is dead. 

The defibrillator remark made is exactly what I was thinking.

Get the update out on PC. Now. 

a lot of people will not be able to enjoy the update because of the unlock lvl at 113 lol that is very sad

3 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

a lot of people will not be able to enjoy the update because of the unlock lvl at 113 lol that is very sad

If people can enjoy the game before the feature was even added, they can still enjoy it when the update comes out.

5 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

To hell with weapon swapping. New counselor, legendary perks, new emotes, single player challenges, assumption some major bugs will be fixed, improved graphics.

This update is loaded with enough, including an unlock the will work as a long term goal for many, it needs to drop. I don't know the numbers on consoles, I play on the PC. 

But if this is right then the game is truly dead on the PC and then have got to breathe some life in to it. 

Weekend spikes at this point are nothing more than a small group of boys that stop to prod at a dead squirrel on the side of the road with a stick for a brief moment and then continue on their way.

Just now, TiffanyxAJ said:

If people can enjoy the game before the feature was even added, they can still enjoy it when the update comes out.

we are bored of the same, we want new features, thats why we want the update, but the feature I was waiting wont be available for me and many more, I dont care about stupid "legendary perks" they are all useless to me, I dont care about new emotes, the only cool change was the Jason weapon swap

5 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

To hell with weapon swapping. New counselor, legendary perks, new emotes, single player challenges, assumption some major bugs will be fixed, improved graphics.

This update is loaded with enough, including an unlock the will work as a long term goal for many, it needs to drop. I don't know the numbers on consoles, I play on the PC. 

But if this is right then the game is truly dead on the PC and then have got to breathe some life in to it. 

Weekend spikes at this point are nothing more than a small group of boys that stop to prod at a dead squirrel on the side of the road with a stick for a brief moment and then continue on their way.

to hell with useless perks, who needs a legendary perk to swim a litte bit faster?,  emotes? wtf, single player "challenges"?my experience got spoiled by the streaming, they are so easy and boring

7 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

to hell with useless perks, who needs a legendary perk to swim a litte bit faster?,  emotes? wtf, single player "challenges"?my experience got spoiled by the streaming, they are so easy and boring

You do realize that other people like the game for other reasons. Lots of people enjoy, and use, the ridiculous emotes. 

You do realize that if people come back to the game to unlock stupid new emotes so they can dance around camp using a new counselor they may even bring their friends along and there could potentially be people playing the game again. I think that'd be the bigger picture thing to hope for.

You're weapon swapping is going to be useless when the lobbies are ghost towns at best.

FFS the fact they're addressing door combat alone might bring a few people back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DasMurich said:

You do realize that other people like the game for other reasons. Lots of people enjoy, and use, the ridiculous emotes. 

You do realize that if people come back to the game to unlock stupid new emotes so they can dance around camp using a new counselor they may even bring their friends along and there could potentially be people playing the game again. I think that'd be the bigger picture thing to hope for.

You're weapon swapping is going to be useless when the lobbies are ghost towns at best.

so the update will bring people back because of emotes, but the question here is for how long? if they left the game once they will do it again

19 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Of all the things listed here, the only thing that can perhaps compete with weapon swapping is the engine upgrade itself and bugfixes.

FFS the fact they're addressing door combat alone might bring a few people back.

Not gonna happen. Anyone with an attention span too short to figure out how to avoid getting hit through doors and even profit off the counselor's attempts to do so is not even going to notice that door combat has been patched out.

14 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Not gonna happen.

I disagree, but get what you're saying. This is why I was trying to be careful in saying 'a few'. 

Since playing this game I've seen countless Jasons leave matches over it. Not because they couldn't deal with it but they felt when people used it they were exploiting something and therefore not playing fairly or correctly, they'd liken it to cheating. It was the Jason players own subjective opinion, sure, but if those players came back that'd add like 30 more people. 

30 people is a lot when there's none. I'll take'em.

DBD trashing F13th that's a joke, players doing it is one thing but developers you know that means something, no matter how hard they try they cannot make their game compete with friday the 13th. They are entirely different, Dbd is a face paced no real communication scramble to survive or kill, friday the 13th has that ability but due to expanded objectives and game chat can also be a very casual and funny game, DBD will never be able to fill that spot, and they know it. Mechanically maybe a better game, but redundant I find myself tiring of it easily but grab a six pack and goof off on f13th and have fun all night long with people I've come to know all over the continent.

17 minutes ago, AshTray900 said:

DBD trashing F13th that's a joke, players doing it is one thing but developers you know that means something, no matter how hard they try they cannot make their game compete with friday the 13th. They are entirely different, Dbd is a face paced no real communication scramble to survive or kill, friday the 13th has that ability but due to expanded objectives and game chat can also be a very casual and funny game, DBD will never be able to fill that spot, and they know it. Mechanically maybe a better game, but redundant I find myself tiring of it easily but grab a six pack and goof off on f13th and have fun all night long with people I've come to know all over the continent.

I agree, but DbD is thriving on PC while F13 is in its final months.

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

I agree, but DbD is thriving on PC while F13 is in its final months.

Wonder what the console versions are doing. F13 seems to be just as popular if not more to me than Dbd on xbox, maybe due to it being a relaxed casual game in alot of cases it's just more fun from a recliner on a 70 tv

I can't say I've had the game long enough to be frustrated with things like update schedules, nor have I really encountered any bugs or game behavior that was experience breaking for me. That said, I certainly hope this new update brings people back in and that F13 can keep at least a modest, dedicated community. 

Having played both games long enough to at least get a good feel for them, I much prefer F13. I like the larger spaces and maps (they're more like zones of varying sizes and less like fenced-off funhouses), the options when it comes to kills as well as escapes, the fact the counselors can actually resist and fight back beyond just having certain perks, and despite there being some debate on the topic I've found DBD to have a much more toxic community in general and seemingly endless community "rules" that cause diapers to be immediately filled if they're violated.

There's also the issue that, while I can certainly still win and do as the killer, it seems that it's considerably easier for the survivors to just "bully" the killer with mechanics if they have the correct perk loadout. This, while also simultaneously demanding you don't bare down on a single survivor, or demanding you allow them to save their hooked friend when you've already seen them creeping around nearby. It's just completely against the entire point of playing a KILLER to me to intentionally hinder your own ability to complete your assigned gameplay goal in a game that presents itself as a "competitive" experience. 

I definitely see the appeal as DBD can be a really fun game to play, but I'd much prefer to keep playing F13 at present and I hope that option remains viable. 

• Like 1