gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

It was a clive barker game. If you like barker check it out.

Definitely will. And I am still pissed that the Hellraiser game promised back in the day, never saw light of day and was cancelled mid production.

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

I've got Hellraiser Judgement on my Plex server, I haven't got around to watching it yet. 

I thought revelations was the latest. The one where curly from the three stooges played pinhead. WTF were they thinking?

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I thought revelations was the latest. The one where curly from the three stooges played pinhead. WTF were they thinking?

Have no earthly idea, but Judgement is the newest and I gave it a chance, but was horribly, horribly disappointed. Can't remember who they got to play him in that one, but he was just as bad.

The original pinhead was the best! :)

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

277 online on Steam right now. A new low.

So low that going to the community hub doesn't tell you how many are playing. Game's done.

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

So low that going to the community hub doesn't tell you how many are playing. Game's done.

This is true.

For anyone thinking 277 isn’t bad... Left 4 Dead 2, released in 2009, currently has 4,000 people in-game. Friday the 13th is dead on PC.

8 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

This is true.

For anyone thinking 277 isn’t bad... Left 4 Dead 2, released in 2009, currently has 4,000 people in-game. Friday the 13th is dead on PC.

And DbD has around 9000 right now.

• Like 1

I'm not really looking to spark a debate or to contribute to an ongoing one in terms of F13 vs DBD, but I just played DBD the other day for the first time.  I cannot see why so many people are playing that game.  It's not necessarily a bad game by any means, but, compared to F13, I just found it so watered down and boring.  I'm not bashing DBD fans or the game at all, I just found it kind of simplistic and even more repetitive than F13.  I'm really hoping this next F13 update revitalizes the players and helps build the player base, because I just think it has the potential to be far superior to its competitors.  Hopefully we get good news soon. :) 

3 minutes ago, Matt23leo said:

I'm not really looking to spark a debate or to contribute to an ongoing one in terms of F13 vs DBD, but I just played DBD the other day for the first time.  I cannot see why so many people are playing that game.  It's not necessarily a bad game by any means, but, compared to F13, I just found it so watered down and boring.  I'm not bashing DBD fans or the game at all, I just found it kind of simplistic and even more repetitive than F13.  I'm really hoping this next F13 update revitalizes the players and helps build the player base, because I just think it has the potential to be far superior to its competitors.  Hopefully we get good news soon. :) 

Well, it helps that their devs patch their damn game instead of holding every single bugfix ransom to the next major content update no matter how many months away it may be. Pretty critical to multiplayer game development.

42 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

For anyone thinking 277 isn’t bad.

It's bad. I just clicked on the game in my Steam browser and the number is so low that it doesn't tell you that anyone's even is on!!!
It doesn't give you a number or have a field for it. It was 271 at its lowest tonight. 

Oh well. I think the graphics were good in this game. I really enjoyed almost all of the character models, a lot. They did a great job of conceptualizing Jason's in-game abilities. That was a lot of fun...... 

There are unfinished games in alpha phase out there, with more bugs and kinda no content, basically just sandboxes so far, that have way more players on PC. But devs didn´t give a flying fk about pc since release. See no keybindings. wich is a joke. even F2P games have that.

@WashingtonJones

I expect a boost when the update drops but it’s tough to tell if it will be enough. A guaranteed monthly patch would go a long way to restore player confidence.

9 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Well, it helps that their devs patch their damn game instead of holding every single bugfix ransom to the next major content update no matter how many months away it may be. Pretty critical to multiplayer game development.

Yeah, I agree.  I'm really just hoping that with the engine upgrade and after dedicated servers that F13 gets back on track and improves.  Hopefully, after all this regular updates, patches, and bug fixes become priorities and people come back to the game.  I am personally glad the company decided to make this upgrade and dedicated servers a priority and I would rather everything be done right rather than quickly, but I understand why people are losing patience.  I'm not one that is particularly excited about Uber Jason or the Grendel map (I thought Jason X was ridiculously stupid) but people were told they were  "coming soon" a LONG time ago and they are still waiting.  I understand the small development team and the issues facing illfonic and Gun, but in the grand scheme of things customers only have so much patience.  I'm not terribly familiar with it personally, but from what I have heard DBD had their problems for the last year, as well, but they allegedly corrected their problems and became more consistent with their patches and updates, which seemed to save their game.  Hopefully F13 eventually has a similar outcome.  Trying to stay optimistic, I guess. :)  

13 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I expect a boost when the update drops but it’s tough to tell if it will be enough.

You ever see in the movies when someone's dying and they hit them with the defibrillator and they jolt up one last time? That's what the next boost is gonna represent. 

There's something about not seeing the number show up on the Steam page that's like that moment in a relationship that makes you think, "Oh shit. I think this is over" 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You ever see in the movies when someone's dying and they hit them with the defibrillator and they jolt up one last time? That's what the next boost is gonna represent. 

There's something about not seeing the number show up on the Steam page that's like that moment in a relationship that makes you think, "Oh shit. I think this is over" 

I could see that. Seeing the subreddit dead kind of gave me that feeling.

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

I like the bots so.....I'll still be playing this game here and there over the years

When someone says they like the bots.. I think about the original fast and the furious movie when Brian was like.. I like the tuna.

Well... no one likes the tuna...

9 hours ago, Matt23leo said:

I'm really just hoping that with the engine upgrade and after dedicated servers that F13 gets back on track and improves.

They were never on track. Even before this engine upgrade shenanigans we almost never got patches. The only patch I remember was a very minor rollback to the absolutely disastrous August window destruction change.

I've been satisfied for the most part up until the Roy and Pinehurst update.  Then they announced no more updates until the engine upgrade and their quest for dedicated servers.  So, after it falls I'm pretty optimistic I will have fun with this game again.   I know dedicated servers will come some time after the engine upgrade, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes.  

2 minutes ago, Matt23leo said:

I've been satisfied for the most part up until the Roy and Pinehurst update.  Then they announced no more updates until the engine upgrade and their quest for dedicated servers.  So, after it falls I'm pretty optimistic I will have fun with this game again.   I know dedicated servers will come some time after the engine upgrade, but I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes.  

The issue isn't the lack of content updates. The game has had plenty of that. The problem is that we never get any updates in-between those updates. Nothing gets fixed until there's a big content update to hold it ransom to. Let's look at Dead by Daylight. The last time that game received any new content was late January, around a week before Roy was added to this game. Their next content update is sometime in June, and will be adding a lot less than what the coming F13 update is adding. But DbD has had multiple patches in that four month period, including a total overhaul to its ranking system. The game is kept updated and maintained even during content droughts.

8 hours ago, JASONtips said:

When someone says they like the bots.. I think about the original fast and the furious movie when Brian was like.. I like the tuna.

Well... no one likes the tuna...

I haven't seen any one of those Fast and Furious moives

I don't know what ur talking about

That guy died right? Then they made that fake song and the movie made $2 billion. RIP Walker Texas Ranger 

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

That guy died right? Then they made that fake song and the movie made $2 billion. RIP Walker Texas Ranger 

LMAO!!! That was pure gold. On a side note, plenty of people like tuna. 🤣

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

I cry every time I watch that movie 

asfq7wr.jpgOgrgaMG.jpg

On 4/26/2018 at 6:07 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah because you know Jason actually kills people in Friday. Dead by Daylight has a bunch of "Killers" that hang people up instead of killing them. They should call themselves "Hookers" instead.

I know right lol. The only way to legitimately “kill” a Survivor is to burn an offering to the Entity, which you have to earn with Bloodpoints, but they’re not frequent. With the exception of Leatherface fitting right in with the hook idea, it doesn’t work with the other horror villains, which is why I think adding them in the first place isn’t the brightest idea. It is nice, yet it isn’t. 

In my honest opinion, it has nothing on FT13th.