gyaaft

"We may be going through a rough patch with the Emblem System, but at least we're not Friday the 13th"

2 minutes ago, UntilDawna said:

I see you spitting this out a lot, as if it's the end all be all to support which game is better, which is silly.

I'll take a game that works over one that is still, since it's launch, a bug and glitch riddled mess. Friday the 13th has always felt like an early access game, and for a game that isn't early access... yeah not so cool. I prefer when a game I paid money for can actually be played reliably. 

And il spit it out again.    Damn right when it comes to a game about KILLERs the one with the most kills and thrills WINS!    

DBD is barely 1/4 of the game F13th.     Im just gonna assume its much easier to 'polish' up a game with barely anything in it.

Of course a SHACK is easier to build then a MANSION

56 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And il spit it out again.    Damn right when it comes to a game about KILLERs the one with the most kills and thrills WINS!    

DBD is barely 1/4 of the game F13th.     Im just gonna assume its much easier to 'polish' up a game with barely anything in it.

Well obviously they are doing something right, that shack is doing better than the faulty mansion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Well obviously they are doing something right, that shack is doing better than the faulty mansion. 

OOoh please..  Popularity means nothing nowadays due the internet breaking everyones ability to think for themselves.   Look at fortnite, people are stupid enough to play that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Checkmate.  When your game has been out for close to two years and you are still retaining an average of peak player base in the high 20k compared to a game that hasn't even been out for a year and is struggling to make it to 1k, they are doing something extremely right.  

Multiplayer games are not about popularity.  It's always about the fun factor/level progression or else people wouldn't keep playing it.  Obviously DBD is doing something right.  HuDawg can hate on DBD all he wants and make false statements about it merely because he doesn't like it but when it comes to hard numbers and facts, DBD is the superior game with better gameplay(has the player base to back it up), better polish, and most importantly the more active player base that keeps the game going. 

People can hate on it as much as they want but the sales and active player base speak for themselves and those are facts you cant deny.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

DBD is a game with ICONIC Slasher in.  That hack and slash at players (but never really kills them)

...Its also a more 'polished' game because theres simply less to polish when compared to its superior F13th.

I never said i don't care about bugs.   But to NOT care about kills in a game with KILLERS is just a joke.

Besides, if people wanna fluff each other up about DBD, you really shouldn't be on a F13th forum.

It’s still more polished compared to F13. You choose to be in this discussion, you can easily leave and not reply. 

10 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Checkmate.  When your game has been out for close to two years and you are still retaining an average of peak player base in the high 20k compared to a game that hasn't even been out for a year and is struggling to make it to 1k, they are doing something extremely right.  

Multiplayer games are not about popularity.  It's always about the fun factor/level progression or else people wouldn't keep playing it.  Obviously DBD is doing something right.  HuDawg can hate on DBD all he wants and make false statements about it merely because he doesn't like it but when it comes to hard numbers and facts, DBD is the superior game with better gameplay(has the player base to back it up), better polish, and most importantly the more active player base that keeps the game going. 

People can hate on it as much as they want but the sales and active player base speak for themselves and those are facts you cant deny.  

I pretty much agree with everything you just said. Except the fact that it has better gameplay. I love DBD don't get me wrong. But the gameplay is just way too repetitive when compared to F13. All you do is run around and repair generators, that's it! That gets stale after a while. While in F13, you find parts for the car/boat, call the cops, or wait out the timer. While I'm not saying that isn't repetitive either, it's not nearly as tiring as it can get on DBD. 

To put it simple. I played F13 for six months straight before getting bored. And I played DBD for two weeks straight before getting bored. 

They're both great games, but DBD doesn't have as much replay value and that makes F13 the winner in my case. I still love DBD though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

It’s still more polished compared to F13. You choose to be in this discussion, you can easily leave and not reply. 

... Theres less to polish compared to F13th.      Sort of like how Pong is more polished then DBD.

And ya...  i chose to be in this discussion.   You make it sound like im not enjoying myself.   Why would I leave and not reply?

...I don't get it   :(

28 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

DBD =Quantity 

F13=Quality?? 

Oooh the equal game.  My favooooorite

F13th = A Quantity of Quality Kills

DBD = Hey Mikey, got any of dem Moris's's''ses...   Think my Chainsaw's made of rubber or somethin'.  (*Leathfacer 2107)

......Seriously tho.   F13th has better music, audio, gore, characters, maps and better over all visuals/graphics.   It also has better game objectives....and well ,Jason actually kills players and has a over 60+ kills to play with.

What does DBD do better?  Its more polished.  (But also has less to polish).   Its being played by more players on PC (Whooop dee doo tho)

DBD has bigger/better progression system, but a progression system to me is sort of pointless and just imbalances any sort of action game more then it needs to.  IMO less is more..  Id prefer no PERKS in F13th.  But it is what it is.   But progression systems  do HOOk certain kinds of players.

DBD does have a better sneaky game play style.  I do think sense and hiding need to be altered a bit in F13th to make sense less over powered.

But thats basically it.   So if we all do the math F13th just ends up being alot better.

In the end.    Theres something special about F13th when you play the game with 8 cool players, that love horror movies, enjoy dying, running and just having fun.    If the player base is left with nothing but those people.  DBD can have the rest as far as i see it.

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Look, I get it, you love this game. That;s great I'm glad you enjoy it. But with this defense you just sound silly or like some kind of, what is it again, white knight? Yeah I think that's it. I PERSONALLY think F13 is more fun than Dbd, WHEN it actually works properly! I find it hard to pretend this game is somehow miles ahead of it's competitor, one game is actually complete, the other has been in various stages of hot mess ever since it's(shitty) release. Having kills doesn't magically erase all of the shit that's wrong with the game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UntilDawna said:

Look, I get it, you love this game. That;s great I'm glad you enjoy it. But with this defense you just sound silly or like some kind of, what is it again, white knight? Yeah I think that's it.

Well, from my perspective, its like im sitting in a Burger King harfin back a whopper... And people keep walking in, chiming in about how much better Tofu Burgers are, how everyone loves Tofu Burgers,...They soooo healthy.    Look at the line up down the street at the Tofu Burger Hut.  

And i have to sit here with Whopper Sauce all of my face sayin "Bitch, fuck yo Tofu Burger, this is the house of the Whopper"  with food chunks all flying out of my mouth..  And then throw my soft drink at ya. 

Don't be breathing all over my Whopper with your Tofu Breath.

^ if that makes any sense..  .lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well, from my perspective, its like im sitting in a Burger King harfin back a whopper... And people keep walking in, chiming in about how much better Tofu Burgers are, how everyone loves Tofu Burgers,...They soooo healthy.    Look at the line up down the street at the Tofu Burger Hut.  

And i have to sit here with Whopper Sauce all of my face sayin "Bitch, fuck yo Tofu Burger, this is the house of the Whopper"  with food chunks all flying out of my mouth..  And then throw my soft drink at ya. 

Don't be breathing all over my Whopper with your Tofu Breath.

^ if that makes any sense..  .lol

Burger King has tofu burgers though :P 

All kidding aside, I suppose I can understand where you're coming from to a certain degree. This is a F13 forum after all, so for fans of the game I guess I can understand how it could be annoying having people come on here praising the competition. Like I said before I personally think F13 is a funner game when it actually works properly, who knows maybe once they get it all worked out(I hope) I'll be on here defending this game with you. I'm really pulling for this game despite my legitimate doubts. 

20 hours ago, Survival said:

But it is not. It is in a better state now, after almost two years but there are still dozens of glitches, bugs and problems, mainly for killers. You still cannot blink through some objects as a nurse, you cannot throw reliably on any map as the huntress because thee hitboxes are simply shit and broken. There are still infinites on some versions of the maps, there are still god places survivors can exploit their way onto so the killer cannot reach them. There are still places which will stop your chainsaw run as a Billy even though there is nothing in the way. Sprint burst provides iframes even though the hit should connect. Leatherface's tantrum animation looks like it has ended a second earlier on the survivor's side while in reality it still continues and will down the survivor. There are crashes, random freezes, lobby issues through the roof. The game is far far far from polished.

Survival you have been making well argued, well informed, and unbiased responses in this thread. Furthermore I just wanted to let you know they haven’t gone unnoticed, since most everyone in here seems to be willing ignoring you likely because your poking holes in the narrative that DBD is a perfectly polished game with no issues what so ever.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

Survival you have been making well argued, well informed, and unbiased responses in this thread. Furthermore I just wanted to let you know they haven’t gone unnoticed, since most everyone in here seems to be willing ignoring you likely because your poking holes in the narrative that DBD is a perfectly polished game with no issues what so ever.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Dead by Daylight is perfect or without flaws.

Just now, bewareofbears said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting Dead by Daylight is perfect or without flaws.

I understand man, but that is the impression the majority of responses in this thread concerning DBD seem to strongly convey. It seems to me this whole thread, since it was posted, has just tribalised the folks on here to stand by one game or the other. I’m for playing and enjoying whatever game one likes and not shaming others because of what they enjoy. I get enough of that crap in my real life.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

I understand man, but that is the impression the majority of responses in this thread concerning DBD seem to strongly convey. It seems to me this whole thread, since it was posted, has just tribalised the folks on here to stand by one game or the other. I’m for playing and enjoying whatever game one likes and not shaming others because of what they enjoy. I get enough of that crap in my real life.

This.

Didn't know how to sum up what I thought about this thread. The Gray Ghost (Awesome reference by the way) summed it up perfectly though. Play what you like, don't shame others. 

If this was a debate it might have some value, and I'm sure there are ways the games compliment each other. @bewareofbears, you actually could answer that for me, would you?

• Thanks 1

I heard a rumor that DBD will be adding OJ Simpson and Aaron Hernandez as their next dlc killers

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This.

Didn't know how to sum up what I thought about this thread. The Gray Ghost (Awesome reference by the way) summed it up perfectly though. Play what you like, don't shame others. 

Thanks man.

• Like 1

Let me try something...

Dead by Daylight had a 9 months head start before F13th and was (still is) almost 50% cheaper to buy. During the first year and beyond the game was (and in some cases still is) plagued by pretty much identical issues F13th was (and still is) suffering from including...

At and after launch - server problems, small selection of repetitive maps, numerous exploits including infinite spots (some of which still exist), ability to literally run the killer around infinitely, frequent crashes and freezes, characters falling through the maps, killers loading in without their powers, people being connected to an already ongoing games so there ended up being 5+ survivors in the match, two killers being loaded against 3 survivors etc.

Almost every patch introduced numerous new bugs including fucked up sound occlusion, broken scratchmarks, broken skillchecks and more. These bugs usually took few weeks and in some cases several months to be fixed. Not to mention some huge balance changes that tipped the whole thing and made one side a hell to play. It took one huge engine update and more than a year to get the game to the state in which it is now and a lot of things are still broken.

I love DbD and I love F13th. Both are different and both suffered from the very same problems. I enjoy playing both and I think DbD is more popular because:

- It came first and is cheaper.

- It has a ranking system, leveling and contains a lot of grind which keeps people coming back even though the gameplay gets repetitive.

- The matches are shorter and quicker.

- The gameplay is more competitive.

- Simple gameplay means less options for trolls and idiots to grief and exploit the game.

I think attacking the other side and creating offensive threads like the ones on reddit is childish and stupid.

4 hours ago, Survival said:

Let me try something...

Dead by Daylight had a 9 months head start before F13th and was (still is) almost 50% cheaper to buy. During the first year and beyond the game was (and in some cases still is) plagued by pretty much identical issues F13th was (and still is) suffering from including...

At and after launch - server problems, small selection of repetitive maps, numerous exploits including infinite spots (some of which still exist), ability to literally run the killer around infinitely, frequent crashes and freezes, characters falling through the maps, killers loading in without their powers, people being connected to an already ongoing games so there ended up being 5+ survivors in the match, two killers being loaded against 3 survivors etc.

Almost every patch introduced numerous new bugs including fucked up sound occlusion, broken scratchmarks, broken skillchecks and more. These bugs usually took few weeks and in some cases several months to be fixed. Not to mention some huge balance changes that tipped the whole thing and made one side a hell to play. It took one huge engine update and more than a year to get the game to the state in which it is now and a lot of things are still broken.

I love DbD and I love F13th. Both are different and both suffered from the very same problems. I enjoy playing both and I think DbD is more popular because:

- It came first and is cheaper.

- It has a ranking system, leveling and contains a lot of grind which keeps people coming back even though the gameplay gets repetitive.

- The matches are shorter and quicker.

- The gameplay is more competitive.

- Simple gameplay means less options for trolls and idiots to grief and exploit the game.

I think attacking the other side and creating offensive threads like the ones on reddit is childish and stupid.

couldn't agree more well said man.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:02 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

The main thing DbD holds over F13 is an addicting and rewarding progression system. It brings people back and there's always something to strive to unlock or accomplish.

How's everyone enjoying the perk slot machine?

I am super effing thrilled that they are expanding their "coupon-collector dilemma" clustermug with this new legendary perk BS.

It's exactly what F13 needed: "MOAR perk roulette, please"

• Like 1

I created this thread to illustrate how the other side perceives us. The hope was that an honest look at the comments would help us to find ways to improve this game. Anyone that is posting on this forum either believes that Friday the 13th is a great game, or that it has the potential to be a great game. The game people perceive as being "better" is irrelevant.

So how do we take what they are doing right and use that to make F13 a better game? What lessons are there to be learned? Here's a short list that I came up with. Yours may be quite different, but please do share.

1. Fix all of the game breaking bugs that ruin the experience.
  2. Provide better support in the way of more frequent patches and updates.
  3. Add a meaningful progression system.
  4. Add a ranking system so players can be matched with other players of similar skill.
  5. Create more variety in the gameplay: objectives, objective locations, item locations, game modes etc.
  6. Revamp the stealth aspects of the game and the Sense ability.
  7. Revamp the combat system, combat stance and hitboxes.
    • Find a better solution for targeting
    • Give Jason the tools to deal with groups of counselors
    • Remove the ability to fight through doors and walls
    • Make it more difficult to kill Jason    
  8. Revamp the perk system.
  9. Revamp the break free mechanic.
  10. Find a way to address the 'empty drawer simulator' gameplay.
  11. Do a better job of communicating long term future plans without discussing specific timetables.
  12. Do a better job dealing with cheaters, exploiters and trolls.
    • Add an in-game report system.
  13. Delete the small maps. (sorry I had to)

You can't look at soccer and think how we can use football to improve it. They are vastly different game with the same concept at the core. Survivors have to escape, killers have to kill. How the game requires you to do that is entirely different:

Jason is a jack-of-all-trades with consistent mechanics across all variants, and a lot of veteran players just have Jason on Random.  Each Killer in DBD has been thoroughly thought out and crafted to work differently than the next.  You can't play Trapper and then jump to the Hag and do just as well as before. You need to pick a Killer and stick with that one until you feel like learning a new one.

Stealth in F13 simply consist of the individual counselor and their Stealth rating, which simply means don't run everywhere and run perks to avoid Sense because once Jason sees you through the trees and bushes he's on your ass until he gets you. In DBD, all you have to do is break line of sight with the Killers and hide in the bushes and you'll lose them. They can't see your aura without the right add-ons or perks, and depending on who you play as with what outfits, on which map, you can just sneak around and never be seen.

Regardless, F13 is trying to remain faithful to the original franchise and make it feel as similar to the movies as possible. Where as DBD took a dump on Freddy and his Dream Demon concept for the sake of balance and gameplay. The only concept that I think would be nice is let there be one Jason pref in a lobby with the rest as Counselor prefs. Make the lobbies based around the Jason pref, and have all of the Counselors come to his/her lobby. Just like DBD.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:50 PM, TiffanyCakes said:

DBD =Quantity 

F13=Quality?? 

Lol. Quality. muahaha. yeah sure. 1 year after release custom keybindings, is pure quality. (This is a standard in pc gaming since forever, i think we even have this since the 90´s, and it might be even more than a year seeing they still can´t even say a vague deadline for the update)

No way to deal with trolls and cheaters. Nice Quality.

Serving the trolls and cheaters by removing teaming as an offense from the code of conduct. Why did i mention this again? Oh yeah, we were talking about quality, sorry but what they do and what quality means is so different that i forgot about the topic while writing.

Still not optimized properly. Heavy FPS drops on 2000$ gaming rigs. quality? (yeah i know new engine coming, but i don´t believe this is fixed until i see it)

A playerbase with 3 digits regulary. Also a top sign for quality. 

Not giving a fuck about lore. Simply gotta say that this is also a clear sign for quality.

Shall i go on? OK one more: Every update so far bringing up more bugs than it fixed. Gotta say this is one you have to do if you wanna deliver quality.