I would Love this to be honest, Adds to the creepier Factor that Jason Might be hiding somewhere in the cabin with Stalk on, Ready to Murder you... 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

I would Love this to be honest, Adds to the creepier Factor that Jason Might be hiding somewhere in the cabin with Stalk on, Ready to Murder you... 

Exactly instead of the devs trying to make the game scarier by making the lighting darker. How about implementing this simple act of him closing doors to better stalk his prey! I'm sure the devs must have thought about this before not sure why they didn't go with it.

2 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Exactly instead of the devs trying to make the game scarier by making the lighting darker. How about implementing this simple act of him closing doors to better stalk his prey! I'm sure the devs must have thought about this before not sure why they didn't go with it.

The door kill might interfere, hopefully not and it can be added.

I love this idea. It could definitely add the possibility of creating some intense moments in the game, along with some great jump scares. It could also give more value to stalk mode. Imagine this scenario:

The counselor fixes the phone, and Jason doesn’t teleport there. The counselor assumes Jason’s abilities are on cool down & they have enough time to make the call. They run inside, and get to the phone, only to run right into Jason’s arms! He was there the whole time, in stalk mode!

1 hour ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Yup, This game is more about:

1. Tracking Players Down With Noise Pings and Sense

2. Chasing them or easily catching them

3. Killing them

RINSE AND REPEAT

No Stealth element here . - .

15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

11th, 12th and 13th. How is it Jason can kill people with his bare hands, but not close a door?

Nonono. You're the 11th. I'm the 12th. Great idea!

6 hours ago, Yayson said:

Nonono. You're the 11th. I'm the 12th. Great idea!

I was 11th, my wife was 12th, and my youngest daughter was the 13th. So that makes you 14th. B)

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I was 11th, my wife was 12th, and my youngest daughter was the 13th. So that makes you 14th. B)

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Fair enough!

This topic was brought up today (May 10th) in the live dev Twitch stream. Wes and Shifty don't seem too into the idea of Jason closing doors, as they feel it humanizes him too much.

Far point, so how about this for a compromise:

When Jason finds an open interior door (not a main cabin entrance door), the player get a X button prompt. If player hits X, the door mysteriously starts to slowly close on its own, even making a creepy creaking sound. 

Counselors can hear the door slowly closing, which could indicate Jason is there, but if done when nobody is around, the door will close and counselors won't know it was "closed" by Jason.

Could this idea work, Wes even said he gets the demand to have Jason close the door for the Stalk jump scares?

For good jump scare possibilities, closed doors could cause quite a bit of paranoia. Never knowing if Jason could be on the other side in a dark cabin would be a lot of fun, and cause lots of tension.

It would be fun to hide in the shitter and scare an unsuspecting counselor who comes looking for a medspray.

I agree with the Devs Jason would look weird closing the doors.

I guess the idea of them closing by themselves would be ok, I'm not a fan of the creeking sound, if anything I think it should be quiet.

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

It would be fun to hide in the shitter and scare an unsuspecting counselor who comes looking for a medspray.

I agree with the Devs Jason would look weird closing the doors.

I guess the idea of them closing by themselves would be ok, I'm not a fan of the creeking sound, if anything I think it should be quiet.

I can see a disgruntled Jason, "Were you kids raised in a barn?!"

Can't disagree with this but unless they fix chase music from blaring when Jason hasn't even been spotted it would be mostly useless. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Trial__By__Scythe said:

Something I'd love to be able to do is close doors when I am Jason to allow better chance for those Stalk mode jumpscares.

Open doors can be a sign you've been there as Jason, being able to close them could allow you to cover your tracks better and remain undiscovered.

Having a counselor open a bathroom door to find you standing there would be an amazing jumpscare opportunity!

Yeah , but if you mess around too Long , counselors will escape , what kinda Forces you to Play aggresive. Didn´t someone mention a mode where the Players don´t know Jason is there?

I also hate how the weapon goes through doors (but it´s still manageable like most other Problems in this game). You have to be careful how you stand , otherwise counselors will see how your weapon sticks through the wall.

Can't disagree with this but unless they fix chase music from blaring when Jason hasn't even been spotted it would be mostly useless. 

I hate that too.