Jason Todd Voorhees

Jenny Myers After Victoria Sterling is Added

38 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

It’s depended on the player not the counselor. Deborah can survive against Jason if the player plays correctly. I literally have about 200 video clips of me juking Jason as Tiffany for the full 20 minutes. Again, the player...not the counselor. Not to mention Chad has lower stamina then Tiffany so how is he survivong over her?

Hours / video clips mean nothing (they are always the go-to statistic in discussions, but actually mean very little). Majority of QP are very lacking in knowledge and ability despite putting in hundreds of hours. Which means someone could have a consistent survival rate simply because they are playing inexperienced Jasons more often than not, among many other reasons. People need to look at the game objectively, past their own personal experiences. Just because someone says “I survive with Deborah all the time” doesn’t mean anything. That is not the way to determine viability.

To answer your question about Chad, Luck indirectly influences stamina since 1 hit = 50% of your bar. No matter what size your stamina pool is, you will eventually run out which necessitates a hit to regain mobility. And Chad’s max Luck allows for plenty of hits for this purpose, particularly if we are talking wrench which also has good stun chance. In addition, his high speed allows him to quickly create distance when he needs to. That is all there is to it.

2 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I agree Chad is a very good counselor but if Jason doesn’t want you to hit him and he is compotent then you probably aren’t getting many hits on him. Both will cripple under fear pretty quickly, Chad has the advantage in terms of speed but Tiffany has a lot more endurance and if she can manage to cabin hop then Jason is in trouble. I like them both but I just prefer Tiffany.

I think they are both about equally good, just in completely different ways, if that makes sense. I think Tiffany can take Jason on a stroll for a while with cabin hopping, while Chad can play more in Jasons face and kite around pretty much anywhere since he will usually be fighting. I only give Chad a slight edge because outjogging Jason is important for keeping him in baiting range without having to eventually swing because Jason is too close. That and 2 repair. 

I use Chad almost exclussively, but I recently retired my Jenny secondary for Tiffany, and I can say that she is good for the simple fact if you play in a very aware manner (keep tabs on your map often) and loot carefully, you can make it to late game and use what loot you have to run what remains of the timer.

On 24.04.2018 at 10:21 PM, Barbara Ann said:

I love Victoria and I intend to main her solely because of her trope. I also happen to like her stats, but I do have to question this statement. 

How is Victoria supposed to be a better Jenny? Jenny's main attribute is composure, she has ten points and that's the reason her players adore her. Personally I still think composure is overrated, but her fans will defend composure forevermore. 

So... 4 vs 10 composure, how is Victoria supposed to replace Jenny? 

You made devs to add her to the game of course you will use her lol

11 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I. Do. Not. Like. Vanessa. I don’t like her playstyle and I don’t like her trope, she’s overrated and not as OP as people think she is. She is one of the meta counselors in the game no doubt but if you wanna get tunneled from the start then be my guest and play Vanessa, she’s not for me.

That my point, your opinions are based on personal feeling toward the "character".  When you see Vanessa, you see a African American women who is a track star, someone ether you can't relate to or uninterested in.  When  I see Vanessa, I see 10/10 Speed, 9/10 Stamina, and 6/10 Luck.  When I started this game I pick Vanessa, like many, not because I like her trope, but entirely because of her favorable stats.  Ultimately, I ended up maining a counselor with a trope I like with stats that favor my playstyle.  But again, Vanessa is the best, and as I got better with Jenny, it made my Vanessa much stronger.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Actually Vanessa is a bad choice for a new player, I would not recommend her for someone just learning the game. Because Jason will always be on you, you need to be proficient in combat to defend yourself and fight him off essentially. Not skills that a new player will have. You also need a good understanding of the game to use Vanessa effectively, know what to do, know where to go. She requires knowledge as much as she requires skill to play her effectively.

Same could be said for all counselors but because Vanessa is a Jason magnet, you are more often in conflict and need to know how to deal with it consistently.

Nah, this just isn't the case.  Jason players will usually prioritize repair characters and will only chase Vanessa if she is seriously contributing to objectives, such as repairing and, when interrupted, refusing to leave the area because they obviously want to start repairing again as soon as Jason leaves them. Vanessa isn't any more likely to be targeted than any other character and can often be targeted less. And while any character will need to learn combat and evasion skills, Vanessa's insane speed and stamina means she needs to rely on this stuff far less often. A bad player can be carried much further just by choosing Vanessa. She has no skill floor.

23 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Nah, this just isn't the case.  Jason players will usually prioritize repair characters and will only chase Vanessa if she is seriously contributing to objectives, such as repairing and, when interrupted, refusing to leave the area because they obviously want to start repairing again as soon as Jason leaves them. Vanessa isn't any more likely to be targeted than any other character and can often be targeted less. And while any character will need to learn combat and evasion skills, Vanessa's insane speed and stamina means she needs to rely on this stuff far less often. A bad player can be carried much further just by choosing Vanessa. She has no skill floor.

You are ignoring that Vanessa also doubles as parts runner and due to her max mobility can make quick work of bringing parts to their respective locations. Jason will be keeping an eye out for anyone carrying parts as much as he will for anyone attempting to repair.

Considering Vanessa broadcasts her location all over the map, you can expect a Jason to show up at any point. I agree that it is not wise to go after Vanessa early on but this is typically what will happen in matches. Since she is also typically travelling all around the map, her chances of running into Jason on a more constant basis are higher. More interaction = more conflict.

New players are generally unprepared for that, sprinting away their stamina pool against Jason and unable to regain it due to lacking proficiency in combat. Which of course = dead. Vanessa is the counselor you pick if you want to do everything, and have the goods to back it up.

8 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I agree Chad is a very good counselor but if Jason doesn’t want you to hit him and he is compotent then you probably aren’t getting many hits on him. Both will cripple under fear pretty quickly, Chad has the advantage in terms of speed but Tiffany has a lot more endurance and if she can manage to cabin hop then Jason is in trouble. I like them both but I just prefer Tiffany.

All characters are good in their own way, I use Shelly and Mitch. 2 of the worst, but I do well with them. Vanessa is the best, in competent hands. I use NOS, prep, and thick skin on all my characters because I like what those perks do. Vanessa, with those perks. She is my best all around counselor, just saying.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

All characters are good in their own way, I use Shelly and Mitch. 2 of the worst, but I do well with them. Vanessa is the best, in competent hands. I use NOS, prep, and thick skin on all my characters because I like what those perks do. Vanessa, with those perks. She is my best all around counselor, just saying.

I use different perks on all characters. I do not have marathon on Chad, Vanessa, or Buggzy because they are already super fast and there are better perks to put on them besides those three. I use thick skinned on mostly everyone and I switch between sucker punch, medic, nerves of steel, night owl, low profile, and level headed. My best all round counselor is certainly Tiffany.

9 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

That my point, your opinions are based on personal feeling toward the "character".  When you see Vanessa, you see a African American women who is a track star, someone ether you can't relate to or uninterested in.  When  I see Vanessa, I see 10/10 Speed, 9/10 Stamina, and 6/10 Luck.  When I started this game I pick Vanessa, like many, not because I like her trope, but entirely because of her favorable stats.  Ultimately, I ended up maining a counselor with a trope I like with stats that favor my playstyle.  But again, Vanessa is the best, and as I got better with Jenny, it made my Vanessa much stronger.

I dunno...I’m done making my point, I just play Jenny and Tiffany better than I do Vanessa simple as that. Speed and stamina aren’t the only stats worthwhile you know right? She’s not my playstyle, I prefer to be stealthy and if I have to I can juke just as well with Tiffany as I can Vanessa. Both can be shift-grabbed and both can die, it’s not like any counselor can’t survive the night in the right hands

10 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Hours / video clips mean nothing (they are always the go-to statistic in discussions, but actually mean very little). Majority of QP are very lacking in knowledge and ability despite putting in hundreds of hours. Which means someone could have a consistent survival rate simply because they are playing inexperienced Jasons more often than not, among many other reasons. People need to look at the game objectively, past their own personal experiences. Just because someone says “I survive with Deborah all the time” doesn’t mean anything. That is not the way to determine viability.

To answer your question about Chad, Luck indirectly influences stamina since 1 hit = 50% of your bar. No matter what size your stamina pool is, you will eventually run out which necessitates a hit to regain mobility. And Chad’s max Luck allows for plenty of hits for this purpose, particularly if we are talking wrench which also has good stun chance. In addition, his high speed allows him to quickly create distance when he needs to. That is all there is to it.

Doesn’t matter about the majority of QP, a majority of them don’t know what they are doing...and who said I play quick play all the time? I play with competent players in private matches and my survival rate is just as high as in QP. When you have skill you can survive with any counselor whether it be Tiffany, Vanessa, or even Deborah. There is no way to say one counselor is greater than the other because they all have stats that equal to 35. Some people may have more viable stats than others but it is a matter of an OPINION, not a fact that somebody thinks there is a greatest counselor. I think Tiffany is the best counselor to play and you won’t change my mind about just like I won’t change your mind that you think Vanessa is the best. We have different playstyles, which makes every player unique...would it really be a challenge if everybody played Vanessa?

Some people prefer speed and some prefer stamina. I prefer stamina, if you can’t get a hit on Jason then what good is your luck? If you have to run from Blairs Cove to Higgins Haven then Tiffany is going to make it and Chad will not, speed isn’t going to be that great of a stat if you don’t have the stamina to back it up. Tiffany’s speed is also above average of one of the better speed stats in the game. The 6 to 9 stat isn’t as big of a gap as you may think. If you have a competent Jason who will not let you stun him with a melee weapon then Chad’s luck is meaningless and Tiffany’s endurance will hold out for the rest of the round.

Now that she's been finally released and I got to test her, I can officially declare that I very much prefer playing Victoria over Jenny. 

Full fear and all, stamina management is not that much of a big issue and that repair 3 is surprisingly helpful for sneak repairs. 

I find it odd that Jenny has shitty spend and stamina considering no one in any film runs for 20 minutes like the final girl and GETS AWAY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

I find it odd that Jenny has shitty spend and stamina considering no one in any film runs for 20 minutes like the final girl and GETS AWAY

I'm with you on this. 

14 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Now that she's been finally released and I got to test her, I can officially declare that I very much prefer playing Victoria over Jenny. 

Full fear and all, stamina management is not that much of a big issue and that repair 3 is surprisingly helpful for sneak repairs. 

Her luck is what determines the repair wheel and how many times you need to press L or R, just like Chad. Though their repair speeds are still slow. That being said, I still prefer Jenny over Victoria, but Vicky is definitely great for quick getaways, Jenny is just the queen of keeping her shit together. :)

On 4/24/2018 at 3:21 PM, Barbara Ann said:

I love Victoria and I intend to main her solely because of her trope. I also happen to like her stats, but I do have to question this statement. 

How is Victoria supposed to be a better Jenny? Jenny's main attribute is composure, she has ten points and that's the reason her players adore her. Personally I still think composure is overrated, but her fans will defend composure forevermore. 

The problem is that composure is kinda weak as a situational stat.

Victoria can run much longer and runs slightly faster. Features slightly higher repair and strength, then equally matches with Jenny's luck. Victoria is literally combat Jenny.

I prefer playing Jenny still, but I also really enjoy playing as Victoria. I still think that every counselor has potential so I don’t get all the hate on some of the counselors. It feels play style based to me and rewards the type of play style that you enjoy. 

18 hours ago, Nickypoolicious said:

Her luck is what determines the repair wheel and how many times you need to press L or R, just like Chad. Though their repair speeds are still slow. That being said, I still prefer Jenny over Victoria, but Vicky is definitely great for quick getaways, Jenny is just the queen of keeping her shit together. :)

Luck affecting skill checks was debunked. A forum member tested it with Chad and AJ. It's completely random.

1 minute ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Luck affecting skill checks was debunked. A forum member tested it with Chad and AJ. It's completely random.

I stand corrected then, sure seems like they have better opportunities for skill checks sometimes and seems lucky but that doesn't mean it's the LUCK stat. Thanks though.

On 4/24/2018 at 2:21 PM, Barbara Ann said:

Exactly. 10 Composure helps with evading Jason driving the car because your mini map dosen't fade. You can break the fear mechanic with the right perks and even without a no fear build her stamina recharges really quick and it takes a ton of chasing just to get her scared enough to stumble. But Victoria is becoming my second favorite really fast. She is reasonably quick, has solid luck and good stamina. Better repair then Vanessa, Chad and Jenny is a plus as well.

On 5/29/2018 at 4:45 PM, Jdt827 said:

I guess they couldn’t find a way to distribute the stats. Look at it this way...the final girl should be more OP then the rest of the counselors but they didn’t wanna make Jenny more OP than anybody else or people would only play her. Her stats are pretty well rounded as it is now. Her low qualities are strength, repair, and speed. Which looking at strength, does it really matter? A 2 repair as we all now is good enough to have only 5 skill checks. Her low speed is kind of counteracted by her average stamina so she can get farther than Debbie, AJ, and Lachappa. It’s that all her points went toward composure and luck (which the final girl should have). She didn’t have a lot of cushion points to go toward any other stat. Maybe her stealth could go down a couple of points to make her stamina better? I still like Jenny over Victoria for the shear fact that Victoria’s mini map goes away pretty quickly, although she has a 4 composure it seems as though she doesn’t get scared as quickly as Buggzy and Lachappa (who also have a 4 composure). Jenny’s composure and luck make her a better fighter character because they have an equal amount of hits due to having the same amount of luck. Jenny’s composure makes it so she doesn’t trip as often and she doesn’t get scared as quickly so Vicky is more likely to stumble while going for a save. The 1 and 2 strength doesn’t really make a difference I don’t think. They are both slow so they aren’t going to traverse the map to help out Debbie if she’s all the way south and you’re all the way north. I like Jenny and Vicky, I’m sticking with Jenny because of her composure. 

I wish they would've had some time to build a little novelty around Victoria, pre-update. Kinda like they did with Shelly. It seemed like a big deal when he was first introduced. Cool trailer, and Larry Zerner doing his own voiceover (yes, I know that wasn't possible with Victoria). I was excited to test him out and everyone in the lobby had him selected that whole night. With the engine update and single player challenges it feels like Victoria kinda got lost in the shuffle. Due to how long they've been developing SPC she isn't seen in any of them so she wasn't on the brain at all during that whole playthrough. I finally hopped on MP for the first time since the update the other day and caught a glimpse of her before she literally disappeared in the darkness (geez.....please fix that). I said to myself "Oh yea, there's 'Melissa'. Eh...." Kinda feels like it did when LaChappa showed up, which is very unfortunate, because to me he's a garbage character I never want to encounter, and Victoria is based solely on a storied character in the films, so she deserves more of a reaction than my initial thoughts of running into her the first time.

This thread has done the impossible.  Makes me want to play Jenny.  Let's see if I can cobble together a "no fear" build.

Honestly with a little stamina management (jogging instead of sprinting unless strictly necessary and taking breaks whenever the chance arises) and my epic marathon perk Victoria has nothing to envy Jenny, she can run faster and longer. Stumbling happens from time to time, but it rarely compromises me. The repair is surprisingly good, just a little faster but bigger checks, specially the last one, often the trickiest. 
As for the minimap lose, I've been playing for long enough to know where I'm headed at all times, I don't even need it. I know the maps like the palm of my hand. 

Marathon + Medic + Swift Attacker over no fear any day. I'm loving Victoria. I ain't playing Jenny ever again XD 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Honestly with a little stamina management (jogging instead of sprinting unless strictly necessary and taking breaks whenever the chance arises) and my epic marathon perk Victoria has nothing to envy Jenny, she can run faster and longer. Stumbling happens from time to time, but it rarely compromises me. The repair is surprisingly good, just a little faster but bigger checks, specially the last one, often the trickiest. 

Marathon + Medic + Swift Attacker over no fear any day. I'm loving Victoria. I ain't playing Jenny ever again XD 

I'd like Victoria more if her outfit didn't make her look like a mobile couch.  

After the SP Challenges, Jenny seriously needs a voice emote for "lock the door!"