WashingtonJones

Bruce Campbell retires as Ash / Ash vs Evil Dead cancelled

Did the last series at least end on a good note to finish, or on a cliffhanger?

Much worse if the latter.

24 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Did the last series at least end on a good note to finish, or on a cliffhanger?

The season/series finale will air April 29. I'm hoping they filmed a fitting end to it, just in case they didn't get picked up for another season. I guess we can find out Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rexfellis said:

I'm hoping they filmed a fitting end to it, just in case they didn't get picked up for another season. I guess we can find out Sunday.

Over the past week or so I've been on an Ash vs Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell kick, which really makes this news suck worse than normal. In one of the interviews I watched, Bruce said that if the show should end with season 3, the finale will also be a very satisfying ending for the whole series. So they were Smart. 

I predict that it's gonna end with Ash going into the future to fight Deadites and robots and robotic Deadites! That was the original ending for Army of Darkness until Universal forced them to do a happier one.
I just learned that the intended concept for the series was Evil Dead was horror; Evil Dead 2 was comedy; Army of Darkness was action, and Evil Dead 4 would be sci fi. 

Hopefully he's just pissed about the cancellation. Hopefully Netflix will want to pick it up and give him enough money to change his mind. The show's a goddamn masterpiece of the highest order. They've achieved perfection. As a horror and Evil Dead fan, it's as strong of a show as the Sorpranos and Breaking Bad. I am as satisfied or more with Ash vs Evil Dead as I was with those two shows. What the fuck else could he wanna do? Shakespeare? Documentaries? Rotten Tomatoes loves it. So does Metacritic. "Universal acclaim". It's respectable. 

The other way to look at it is we all wanted a 4th Evil Dead movie. Instead we got 15 hours worth of a 4th Evil Dead movie and it was done great! So I guess it's not so terrible. 

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

The season/series finale will air April 29. I'm hoping they filmed a fitting end to it, just in case they didn't get picked up for another season. I guess we can find out Sunday.

I feel like they kind of new this would be the end before the season. With the "message this cable company and tell them not to drop Starz" Tweets of the past year and all.

RIP The greastest hero the horror world has ever known. May your chainsaw rust in piece

10 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Look like Spiderman on his right shoulder.

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Over the past week or so I've been on an Ash vs Evil Dead/Bruce Campbell kick, which really makes this news suck worse than normal. In one of the interviews I watched, Bruce said that if the show should end with season 3, the finale will also be a very satisfying ending for the whole series. So they were Smart. 

Well, I don't really want to get everyone's hopes up, but in the industry, we call this a "declarative."

A declarative is a quite public way of announcing one's claimed "position" in order to reinforce their seriousness about a matter.

Case in point:

"I need more money to keep doing this show."

"Okay, we'll give you $X."

"That's nice, but I want $Y."

"$Y is too much."

"Then I'm leaving."

"You can't leave. Your character is too popular."

"I'll retire him. Forever. You'll never see him again."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Watch me."

*enter declarative*

Then, fans uproar, petitions happen, and "Save Ash" movements are born.

Then, the 2nd meeting happens:

"See? I'm worth $Y."

"Fine. We'll pay you $Y."

The End.

Is that what's happening? Who knows. We'll see. 

Well, that sucks.

I enjoyed the series for the fact Ash came back after so long, however I've been busy so I'm stuck on Season 2. It was good to see Bruce Campbell back as Ash since almost 25 years after Army of Darkness. It was cancelled mostly to low audience numbers, guess there wasn't enough viewers to see old school horror in the zombie era.

This made me sad as well. But I think it’s time. I feel like they’ve done a lot with his character and I’m ??that the ending will be fitting.

The ending definitely left me wanting more. MAD ASH the Road Warrior. 

Cheers Bruce! Horror lost one of, if not the best character of all time. 

5 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

The ending definitely left me wanting more. MAD ASH the Road Warrior

First off, I called it.?

Second, it really sucks that they did it because it looks like the greatest concept in history and we'll never see it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

First off, I called it.?

Second, it really sucks that they did it because it looks like the greatest concept in history and we'll never see it

Agreed! Apocalyptic Ash?! The oldsmobile or "the classic" looked amazing. Sold me on it.