ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

What we do know is that there is no longer a possibility of hitting a release date in April, and we felt that we should let Friday the 13th: The Game players know.

And I'm happy about the comms. I didn't expect April. Hell, I was shooting for September, but actually knowing the status of the game is something I appreciate. So thanks. 

9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Game still sucks imo. Way better than what it was, for sure, but still sucks and not worth the 40$ asking price.

You get out of here and take your whore mouth with you! You've enjoyed this game, and you better remember it!

Actually, on second thought? I want to be the best Jason ever, so you're kicked out of the band. Kick rocks.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wes said:

Thought everyone would like to see the improvements to characters from the upgrade as well. AJ is angelic now! 

-W

AJ NEW V Old.jpg

We doooo! We want to see more of Victoria too, and even more importantly... We want to see how this update affects Jenny, if at all! We want to love Jenny, we really do, but she just makes it so difficult. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Yep back to having counselors and Jason magically twist around with no animation.

The Update is not over yet, there's still a chance buddy.

• Like 1

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

We doooo! We want to see more of Victoria too, and even more importantly... We want to see how this update affects Jenny, if at all! We want to love Jenny, we really do, but she just makes it so difficult. 

And Shelly! The dude doesn't even look finished.

• Like 1

Just now, Im A Deku Scrub said:

The Update is not over yet, there's still a chance buddy.

Hope bring nothing but disappointment. Don’t kid yourself(no disrespect) I to was once hopeful.......

18 minutes ago, Im A Deku Scrub said:

No sign of Beta Animations :unsure:. But the update is not done yet so there's still hope. Game looks pretty good. No where near as good as the Beta but still, it's good. 

I think they said the Beta Animations, will not be making a return which sucks. 

Just now, Shelly Finkelstein said:

Eh! that's just mean!

Blame the developers lol it's true. His model looks so bad compared to all the other counselors.

Just now, totalbloodman said:

So... why you guys even spend your time on this? I mean, what dramatically change with engine update and why we need this? All just darker, really?

go read the text... not just watch the vid.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We have known that hitting a date in April was ambitious, and a best case scenario

'...but of course we didn't share this with you.'

You're lying. You didn't see it as a best-case scenario. You just failed again. 

I wouldn't call you out on your bullshit if you had followed through on any of your promises.

You have repeatedly set goals and failed to meet them. From the initial release which was months (years?) late on through every single update.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Kapow said:

I wouldn't call you out on your bullshit if you had followed through on any of your promises.

You have repeatedly set goals and failed to meet them. From the initial release which was months (years?) late on through every single update.

As sad as it is, i have to agree with you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kapow said:

They said April at the earliest back in February. That meant they weren't committed to April and knew it could take even longer.

10 minutes ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

go read the text... not just watch the vid.

Did you read it? Devs spend their time for engine update and now "go over every system in the game and check, tweak, or recreate it". Looks like waste of time.

3 minutes ago, totalbloodman said:

Did you read it? Devs spend their time for engine update and now go over every system in the game and check, tweak, or recreate it. Looks like waste of time.

so you have your answer... not just a darker game. The engine upgrade improve every system in the game, and that's why they had to redone some to correct bug that couldn't be in the old version, and they have to check everything to be sure it's ok in this version. It's a graphic AND everything else in the game improvement.

7 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

They said April at the earliest back in February. That meant they weren't committed to April and knew it could take even longer.

True but they knew April would come and go without an update. They are just shady for waiting till the last week of April to “keep us posted” . 

13 minutes ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

I think they said the Beta Animations, will not be making a return which sucks. 

When did they say that? Even if they did I'll still fight for it until they put them back in or till they stop supporting the game :lol:.

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Maybe May 12th will be the update. I mean it would make for a nice birthday gif for me 

tenor.gif?itemid=5833729

Indeed,its also my birthday too.

41 minutes ago, DocEss said:

It's negative to be disappointed that I was sold a busted product that has stayed busted for a full year?

I don't get people who refuse to criticize that which deserves it.

They're handling this terribly, and should be rightfully taken to task for it.  

I spent a lot of time giving them the benefit of the doubt, and trying to talk down people who shit-talked them.  It's just after a while, you realize the shit-talkers were right, and they aren't worth defending.

If you can't do anything right, I'm not going to keep trying to tell people you can.  Eventually, I'm going to realize you can't do anything right.

As to why I played it for so long?  I love the franchise, not the developers.  I had hope for what the game could be, and hung on as long as I could.  

I know the game is busted and has it’s issue. I have never made the claim that this game is perfect without bugs. Also, I have no strong feel for the developers one way or the other. For me though, these are not a big deal because of the people I’ve met and played with. None of the issues have been game breaking, and we have had fun regardless of the game state. If your not having fun with the game, don’t play it, or find people who you enjoy playing with. Crying and complaining won’t change the game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

so you have your answer... not just a darker game. The engine upgrade improve every system in the game, and that's why they had to redone some to correct bug that couldn't be in the old version, and they have to check everything to be sure it's ok in this version. It's a graphic AND everything else in the game improvement.

Not really, they have to check everything because of the update, that doesn't sound like an improvements. More like trying not to break the game.

4 minutes ago, Im A Deku Scrub said:

When did they say that? Even if they did I'll still fight for it until they put them back in or till they stop supporting the game :lol:.

I forgot where i seen it, but I'm certain that they said something about it not returning. It had something to do with gameplay purposes, not 100% sure. 

1 minute ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

I forgot where i seen it, but I'm certain that they said something about it not returning. It had something to do with gameplay purposes, not 100% sure. 

That’s pretty odd. I don’t understand how those animations would affect gameplay.

People have been rubber-banding back to the car since December and you people are all up in arms over Jenny's hair? lol

I'm perfectly happy to get the update "When it's done." I don't care if it drops in May or June. Let's just get it right.