ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

5 hours ago, Yobo1987 said:

So, all of the above mentioned in your post will be included in the next update? 

Also, how is progress coming along on "Paranoia"? 

Paranoia is shelved (put on hold) till after they get dedicated servers. Hopefully it will be taken back down and given another look rather than being cancelled.

3 hours ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Looks the same. Not worth waiting for.

And worse. I think rains oil this time not water.

1)They need to rebalance the Jarvis residence and Pinehurst maps because it's very hard to escape with car. The car is useless on this maps. (1/10) escape ratio. Easy job for a just mediocre Jason.

2) Fix the ridiculous lighting reflections when the counselors turns on the flash light at Pinehurst map. This is very annoying.

3) Fix the ridiculous and unfair grab range of Jason. He can grabs you when you are 7 feet away.

4) Fix the lag when you exit the car and run away (after jason stops it) and grabs you or slashing you in front of the door when you are far away from the car. This is annoying.

5) Fix the lags when the counselors escapes. 

We need better experience. This is the real problems. Not the rain and the darker mood. Hope the update resolved that issues.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you're trying to nip things in the butt before they become an issue too, it's appreciated. 

As far as the video, no, it isn't too dark IMO. It's enhancing the sense of depth and everything pops. Well done. 

2 hours ago, Xenofon1313 said:

1)They need to rebalance the Jarvis residence and Pinehurst maps because it's very hard to escape with car. The car is useless on this maps. (1/10) escape ratio. Easy job for a just mediocre Jason.

2) Fix the ridiculous lighting reflections when the counselors turns on the flash light at Pinehurst map. This is very annoying.

3) Fix the ridiculous and unfair grab range of Jason. He can grabs you when you are 7 feet away.

4) Fix the lag when you exit the car and run away (after jason stops it) and grabs you or slashing you in front of the door when you are far away from the car. This is annoying.

We need better experience. This is the real problems. Not the rain and the darker mood. Hope the update resolved that issues.

1: No, we don't need October easy mode for counselors, these maps are supposed to be hard mode.

2: I agree, flashlights are blinding

3: Grab is just fine, stop trying to nerf Jason

4:This does need to be fixed

5: this does need to be fixed.

12 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

No, thanks.

Yep, I know. They could post a video on their own website without using YouTube though.

@NORMAL COAT

I don’t use “the twitter”.

Really? I saw someone with the exact same profile picture

6 hours ago, Xenofon1313 said:

I really hate when I feel ashamed of this game, I recommended this game to a friend who said this game sucks and dbd was better, I was angry and convinced him to buy it and try it, then when he was Jason he got the famous bug that doesn't allow him to interact with anything, lol I felt so ashamed I couldn't even defend the game, I made him spend money on it and the only thing he experiences is bugs and weird things like those you mentioned

• Like 1

So WHERE is the update?  I don't see any difference between the two.  Even the cinematic character who dies has the exact same expression on his face.

I'm afraid I'm so far unimpressed by the graphics change since I see none.

The other underlying changes -key rebinding- hopefully will make it at least playable.

34 minutes ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

i really hate when I feel ashamed of this game, I recommended this game to a friend who said this game sucks and dbd was better, I was angry and convinced him to buy it and try it, then when he was Jason he got the famous bug that doesn't allow him to interact with anything, lol I felt so ashamed I couldn't even defend the game, I made him spend money on it and the only thing he experiences is bugs and weird things like those you mentioned

Yes. I forgot to mention this big problem with jason. The X button stucks in a window and Jason becomes useless leaving the game like p******s do. This game can also be described as BETA. 

Yeah. I'm very excited for it. I'm just glad they finally gave us a proper status update on how it's coming along. That's seriously all we've been needing from them for close to a month now.

It's far from "out" yet.

That said, visually, it's hard to see the improvements in he video, though trees, shadows, and wet textures are nicer. The main goal in the engine upgrade is PROGRAMMING.

Programming that will allow for easier bug fixes, dedicated servers, and much more in a behind-the-curtain manner.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lyric said:

So? Have you guys seen the newest update?? Thoughts ??

@Lyric, this is a good question, but much better posed in the existing "Engine Update" thread. Let's keep the forum tidy and try to discuss topics in threads where they already exist. 

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18651-update-status-first-look-engine-update

But to answer your question, I've seen it. I myself am waiting for the actual update to make any judgments, as I think the fidelity will be markedly different on the actual game than on a sample video of it!

15 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

A.J. has always been angelic ?

Not as greyed out as before.

1 hour ago, Daneasaur said:

It's far from "out" yet.

That said, visually, it's hard to see the improvements in he video, though trees, shadows, and wet textures are nicer. The main goal in the engine upgrade is PROGRAMMING.

Programming that will allow for easier bug fixes, dedicated servers, and much more in a behind-the-curtain manner.

THIS. Hear hear!

19 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Also, the longer you stare at AJ, the uglier she gets. She looks like one of those girls that has a mustache problem.

Right? I never understood why the team is so biased towards A.J. She basic. 

Look, bring back team killing already. I'm sick of this beta, G-rated, every kid gets a trophy mentality. Team killing was badass and I'm sorry that the nerds couldn't stomach getting bullied by the Friday alphas. :JasonPt8:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zenigundam said:

Look, bring back team killing already. I'm sick of this beta, G-rated, every kid gets a trophy mentality. Team killing was badass and I'm sorry that the nerds couldn't stomach getting bullied by the Friday alphas. :JasonPt8:

I hope this is a joke.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

1: No, we don't need October easy mode for counselors, these maps are supposed to be hard mode.

2: I agree, flashlights are blinding

3: Grab is just fine, stop trying to nerf Jason

4:This does need to be fixed

5: this does need to be fixed.

Lol. 4 doesn't need to get fixed? Lol. I'd say you're in the minority with that opinion there.

That issue may be the main thing that needs to be fixed.

My apologies. I can not read apparently. I agree with you and your response that 4 needs to be fixed.

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Lol. 4 doesn't need to get fixed? Lol. I'd say you're in the minority with that opinion there.

Can you not read? He said it DOES need to be fixed.

2 minutes ago, malloymk said:

reread

• Like 1

Just now, Redcat345 said:

reread

Lol. I was editing my post when you responded. I was hoping to beat you. Again, my apologies.

26 minutes ago, malloymk said:

My apologies. I can not read apparently. I agree with you and your response that 4 needs to be fixed.

24 minutes ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

Can you not read? He said it DOES need to be fixed.

24 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

reread

@malloymk if it helps, I read it the same way. Took me a minute to realize it lol

• Like 1

I didn't expect April but I'm glad you guys are still chugging away. 

Any chance you could let your pals know some feel Jason 7s buffs won't exactly be enough? The buffs you guys have planned look great and will help but as is they'll simply make him a "somewhat worse Jason 3" instead of a good Jason in of himself. I suggest swapping +Sense for +Morph since there's no zombie Jason with +Morph and the lack of traps means he needs to be able to jump around the map to keep an eye on objectives better. 

Also hopefully Jason weapon hitboxes and the window barriers will be gone. 

Thanks for the heads up either way!

19 hours ago, Qcici said:

I know it just looks like It's darker, but REALLY THINK ABOUT THIS:

When it's really rainy and stormy, the weather get's REALLY Dark, am I correct?

Well! That's just the graphics under rainy weather, but what do the graphics look like WITHOUT The rain? There could be HUGE graphical changes when the rainy weather isn't present! 

yes logically it makes sense in bad weather it looks rainy and dark but im saying what major improvement am i to be looking at to say say" hey its a new build?" ? anti aliasing, textures, etc  what can they show that would really showcase the new build? not saying a new build is bad just would like to know in better detail what changing.

9 hours ago, Xenofon1313 said:

By quoting you I am not saying I agree with all of your points. With that said I think you forgot these ...

6. Fix the damn windows. They have been broke since September/October

7. Fix the damn windows. They have been broke since September/October

8. Fix the damn windows. They have been broke since September/October

9. Fix the damn windows. They have been broke since September/October

10. Fix the damn windows. They have been broke since September/October

• Thanks 2