ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

19 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

I think more people might be interested in if Jenny had any changes to her model. I see many people complaining about her hair.

Goddammit, it didn't post the picture.OXIwk4k.jpg

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Thank goodness. Another negative person bites the dust. Honestly, if the game is so terrible why bother playing it and posting about it?

It's negative to be disappointed that I was sold a busted product that has stayed busted for a full year?

I don't get people who refuse to criticize that which deserves it.

They're handling this terribly, and should be rightfully taken to task for it.  

I spent a lot of time giving them the benefit of the doubt, and trying to talk down people who shit-talked them.  It's just after a while, you realize the shit-talkers were right, and they aren't worth defending.

If you can't do anything right, I'm not going to keep trying to tell people you can.  Eventually, I'm going to realize you can't do anything right.

As to why I played it for so long?  I love the franchise, not the developers.  I had hope for what the game could be, and hung on as long as I could.  

• Like 6

Thanks for your work! I love the game! However, The new engine looks extremely dark and the characters look waxy. Will everything be that dark and waxy looking? 

2 minutes ago, makred78 said:

I would really like to know this as well.

No, this will not change specs at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DocEss said:

It's negative to be disappointed that I was sold a busted product that has stayed busted for a full year?

I don't get people who refuse to criticize that which deserves it.

They're handling this terribly, and should be rightfully taken to task for it.  

I spent a lot of time giving them the benefit of the doubt, and trying to talk down people who shit-talked them.  It's just after a while, you realize the shit-talkers were right, and they aren't worth defending.

If you can't do anything right, I'm not going to keep trying to tell people you can.  Eventually, I'm going to realize you can't do anything right.

I know right anytime your not a happy cheerleader who blindly worships everything they say and do your automatically “negative” . Seriously god forbid the devs aren’t met with any valid criticism.

• Like 2

Also, stop playing up how dark it is as a "feature".

It looks terrible that dark.

4 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:
59 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

looks like Jenny will continue to have the mop on her head. 

I’m begging you @wes @ShiftySamurai Can you please try and slip this in? Never mind if you can’t. 

#1: Jenny is not supposed to be Chris Higgins

#2: Ever consider there being a licencing issue? Maybe they're not allowed to make her look exactly the same?

Also, the longer you stare at AJ, the uglier she gets. She looks like one of those girls that has a mustache problem.

I think game will be update to 4.18 version, if want see the big differences btween engine check features unreal engine version 4.13 vs 4.18.

1 minute ago, wes said:

No, this will not change specs at all.

Thanks for the info Wes.

5 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Alright you guys can support Gun, but your DRAGGING it if you think this video shows any improvement.

Haven't you heard? Darker = better graphics.

Tbh though resident evil 7 looked like shit in its intro because it was daylight.

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Thank goodness. Another negative person bites the dust. Honestly, if the game is so terrible why bother playing it and posting about it?

A lot of people are a fan of the franchise rather than the game.

Game still sucks imo. Way better than what it was, for sure, but still sucks and not worth the 40$ asking price.

Maybe after this update my view on the game will change. A lot of the stuff coming this update I've been praying for before launch, so we'll see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

#2: Ever consider there being a licencing issue? Maybe they're not allowed to make her look exactly the same?

Also, the longer you stare at AJ, the uglier she gets. She looks like one of those girls that has a mustache problem.

1. Jenny was designed to have better hair from her official art. They made this decision later on after her character was already set in stone.
2. Dana Kimmell never objected to having Jenny be her knock off character. The hair is just trash because it's trash.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Can’t wait to play with Jenny mop hair and Shelly’s chocolate shavings called an Afro.

About lost it at the chocolate shavings. Good shit.

WHAT ABOUT XBOX ONE X/PS4 PRO ENHANCEMENTS PATCH? ILLFONIC TWEETED SAID WAS IN THE WORKS..MONTHS AGO LAST YEAR....

Just now, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

1. Jenny was designed to have better hair from her official art. They made this decision later on after her character was already set in stone.
2. Dana Kimmell never objected to having Jenny be her knock off character. The hair is just trash because it's trash.

God fucking dammit I hate these forms having an image size limit and then not posting the fucking picture.

. 0GQlDsM.jpg

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Haven't you heard? Darker = better graphics.

Tbh though resident evil 7 looked like shit in its intro because it was daylight.

A lot of people are a fan of the franchise rather than the game.

Game still sucks imo. Way better than what it was, for sure, but still sucks and not worth the 40$ asking price.

Maybe after this update my view on the game will change. A lot of the stuff coming this update I've been praying for before launch, so we'll see.

I honestly like(ed) the game. It’s truly a diamond in the rough the problem is it’s in horrible state. With no tangible fixes coming anytime soon 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

About lost it at the chocolate shavings. Good shit.

Thanks I’m a bit proud of my self with that one. Oh wait can’t forget fox’s leather face.

• Like 1

We're still not ready to even get a ballpark guess on the timing after three months?

Yeah, super job guys. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Honey, no one's saying she's to be turned into Chris Higgins! Never did I mention that.

All I'm saying is... Her hair makes me gag everytime I look at it. 

source.gif

• Like 6

Thanks for the update.  I'll reserve opinion until I see more of it in action - in the video, and I don't know if it's the graphics or YouTube, but it looks REALLY dark.  Like 'hard to make out any of the details, I hope "just dimming everything so you can no longer make out the problems with the graphics" wasn't your actual plan,' dark.  Hopefully it looks a lot better in action than the clip presented gives it credit for, although that does raise the question of who put together the comparison, saw that everything is now black and muddy on the 'New Engine" side and said "yep, looks good, I think they'll be impressed" and called it a day.

• Like 1

Just now, Barbara Ann said:

Honey, no one's saying she's to be made to look like Chris Higgins! Never did I mention that.

All I'm saying is... Her hair makes me gag everytime I look at it. 

source.gif

Her hair looks like a repurposed party city wig from the ps1 era.

No sign of Beta Animations :unsure:. But the update is not done yet so there's still hope. Game looks better. No where near as good as the Beta but still, it's a improvement. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Im A Deku Scrub said:

No sign of Beta Animations :unsure:. But the update is not done yet so there's still hope. Game looks pretty good. No where near as good as the Beta but still, it's good. 

Yep back to having counselors and Jason magically twist around with no animation.

• Like 1

well, wes has said its darker to make flashlights have more value. Why, i mean its dark enough when jason knocks the power out, and pinehurst has some of the darkest cabins with power on.

So now people will play with game blown out on gamma because they dont want to be spotted by jason cause they need flashlights with power on. GG guys