ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

4 minutes ago, wes said:

Thought everyone would like to see the improvements to characters from the upgrade as well. AJ is angelic now! 

-W

AJ NEW V Old.jpg

I think more people might be interested in if Jenny had any changes to her model. I see many people complaining about her hair.

• Confused 1

so in their preview, the intro to pinehurst seemed to have frame rate issues on xbox, and they made everything darker, thats great cause not like pinehurst wasn't dark enough in some cabins.

Also dont forget that they have said they've been working on the engine update since october, so 6/7 months. 

So they are actually testing this build/release? unlike the launch build? At this point, I think, even though its crappy and sad, we need to accept that we paid for a broken unfinished game that probably wont ever be what the Devs said it would be or what we paid for.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The PC version has dedicated servers and uses the same version of the engine.

This is has nothing to do with getting dedicated servers on console. It was stated for the game to meet certification for dedicated servers by Microsoft and Sony the engine had to be upgraded.

Can we see comparisons of the rest of the counselors?

42 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Cool. I don’t really see any difference in this video though. It just looks.... darker. 

635.jpg

• Haha 1

Disappointing news but at least we have a update on the progress now. What i wanna know is why do the colors look so much darker in the new engine update? Hopefully this won't be the final result. I don't mind the lighting being a little dimmer but making the actual colors darker is big mistake in my opinion.

Good shit. I'm liking what I'm seeing. Weapon swapping and SP challenges are great additions. can't wait to toy around with them.

Pretty sure we all knew it wasn't coming in April though.

6 minutes ago, wes said:

Thought everyone would like to see the improvements to characters from the upgrade as well. AJ is angelic now! 

-W

AJ NEW V Old.jpg

Wes please tell me you guys have fixed Jenny's hair and made it big and poofy rather than shitty and flat and also clipping though her neck....I'd actually play her if you would just fix her awful hair.

0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

Wes please tell me you guys have fixed Jenny's hair and made it big and poofy rather than shitty and flat and also clipping though her neck....I'd actually play her if you would just fix her awful hair.

0.jpg

This is true @wes @ShiftySamurai Sooo many people hate Jenny's hair! Fix it please..😦

• Like 2

There is some extra info to go along with this, though, and that is that each Single Player Challenge has three Skull Objectives, on top of multiple Challenge-specific objectives, for XP score, being undetected, and eliminating all counselors. For each Skull Objective you complete, you unlock a specific Emote. @ShiftySamurai 

You said this in another post, I was hoping you could clarify how many single player challenges we will be getting and if more will come in the future?

Last straw.

"At least weeks away" tells me there's no chance for anything earlier than June.  The fact that you wouldn't even say "June at the earliest, now" says that it could even end up being later than that.

I'm out.  You've lost me as a customer, not that you care - you got my 40 bucks.  At least I know you won't get any kill pack/clothing pack revenue from me, for what that's worth.

I defended you guys for ages, gave you so much the benefit of the doubt, and the reality is - I was defending people who didn't deserve it.

You make me regret backing this.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The update is not releasing in April? Good! My Xbox One X just took a shit yesterday and now I have to send it to Microsoft for a repair. I will probably get it back one month from now so guys please take your time on the update. There is no need to rush it out. 

Very nice! The new lighting looks great. Everything pops a little bit more (like going from LCD to OLED) and it aides in making it look more realistic.

I can see frame rate improvements in the PC version. PS4 looks good too. The Xbox seems to suffer the most still but the new engine looks like an overall improvement for it.

Sometimes it looks like the foliage moves smoother and has more detail, but it's hard to tell.  

19 minutes ago, ifuseekandy said:

It's raining oil now or something like that? 

I agree. I hate the way wetness looks in video games. Not just in this game, but in pretty much all games. It helps reveal the fakeness of things. It'd be great if there was a way to tone that glossiness back a bit. 

1 minute ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Alright you guys can support Gun, but your DRAGGING it if you think this video shows any improvement.

At least AJ looks slightly better.

53 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

Looking good! Initially I didn't see much of a difference other than the fact everything is darker, but on a second look I noticed the leaves and enviromental details are much more polished and detailed. And of course, the promised solution of many bugs and glitches on it's own is a big thing. 

It also looks like they've not polished the models of the counselors as we were speculating though. Sad news, folks, looks like Jenny will continue to have the mop on her head. 

I’m begging you @wes @ShiftySamurai Can you please try and slip this in? Never mind if you can’t. 

3 minutes ago, DocEss said:

Last straw.

"At least weeks away" tells me there's no chance for anything earlier than June.  The fact that you wouldn't even say "June at the earliest, now" says that it could even end up being later than that.

I'm out.  You've lost me as a customer, not that you care - you got my 40 bucks.  At least I know you won't get any kill pack/clothing pack revenue from me, for what that's worth.

I defended you guys for ages, gave you so much the benefit of the doubt, and the reality is - I was defending people who didn't deserve it.

You make me regret backing this.

Thank goodness. Another negative person bites the dust. Honestly, if the game is so terrible why bother playing it and posting about it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

0.jpg

Also to clarify on what I mean by the clipping issue. You guys really REALLY need to remake her entire hair model and make her hair bigger.

21 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

BTW, will the new engine change the specs needed to play the game in any way?

I would really like to know this as well.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

A atualização do mecanismo vai melhorar o desempenho do Xbox? Ou desempenho em todas as plataformas para esse assunto? As taxas de quadros em nenhum dos modelos Xbox One X do Xbox são realmente difíceis de trabalhar, às vezes ... 

Em todas as plataformas,  o PC tbm sofre com mau desempenho e essa diferença que eu queria ver.

The youtube compression ruins that video so you can't really see a difference, thanks for the screenshot @wes

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

At least AJ looks slightly better.

She looks slightly whiter. But hey it’s our fault for thinking that the inconsistencies in the character models would be fixed. Can’t wait to play with Jenny mop hair and Shelly’s chocolate shavings called an Afro.

• Like 1