ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

25 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Is the engine upgrade going to improve Xbox performance at all? Or performance on all platforms for that matter? The frame rates on none Xbox One X models of the Xbox are really hard to work around at times... 

You should know better than to ask a reasonable question and expect a reasonable answer.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, scorpio said:

What about the dedicated servers for consoles? I thought the whole point of this engine upgrade is so you guys could FINALLY implement the damn things? Are you really telling us now that they won't be in this patch along with the engine upgrade, fantastic, so just how many more months can we expect to wait for that AFTER this patch? Can we at least get a rough estimate for when to expect the dedicated servers to ACTUALLY be IMPLEMENTED for consoles? You guys NEED to deliver upon your promises of dedicated servers ASAP after this Engine update goes thru. Also you need to make good on the promises of weekly events - a promise you've been pedaling and STILL CONTINUE to pedal on your official website, since August 2017! 

They’ve stated on SO many occasions that they would NEVER be coming with this update. Dedicated servers would only BE possible with this upgrade. That would PUSH the update FARTHER BACK. That’s like EXPECTING to get your food RIGHT away when you sit down at a RESTAURANT.

Edited by NORMAL COAT
Randomly capitalizing words is fun
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello Friday the 13th: The Game players and fans,

As many of you are aware, we have been targeting an April release for the next major update to Friday the 13th: The Game since our announcement that the game would be moving to an updated version of the Unreal game engine. We have known that hitting a date in April was ambitious, and a best case scenario, but we believe that people should strive for their best.

Today we have been forced to accept that the update will not be able to be released in April. The update is shaping up nicely, but there are still a few issues that we need to iron out to ensure the best gameplay experience for our players, and we still need to pass the patch through console certification. Our goal is to make sure the work is done right, and that meant we needed some extra time with it.

Do it when it's ready, dude. Don't rush it out. We - well, hopefully most of us - understand. Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to seeing the results!

BTW, will the new engine change the specs needed to run the game in any way?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Dedicated servers would only BE possible with this upgrade.

I don't know why they push this nonsense. Why would they need to upgrade the engine version to put dedicated servers in the game?

IIFoni/Gun,

Do you know about the increasing number of players who use external programs and / or exploids?
Will the next steps be taken to prevent this from happening?

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

I don't know why they push this nonsense. Why would they need to upgrade the engine version to put dedicated servers in the game?

Because dedicated servers aren’t possible in the current engine.

5 minutes ago, scorpio said:

So by the tone of the above 'what is done' section we can assume this patch will be ready to go in a matter of weeks NOT months right, coz if it took more than say ONE month and started to take TWO months etc then that would imply that NONE of these things that are allegedly now in your words 'complete' were actually complete at all and that would mean you guys were telling porkies again, which there's absolutely no way you would do, that's completely unthinkable, so I'll just patiently wait for the end of May to roll around for the GUARANTEED release of all this content! 

Well.... technically, “months” are “weeks”. Lol. Sooo........

• Haha 2

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Coming from someone who used to work with Unreal Engine, the piece of shit that it is, if you fuck up one thing or it's outdated compared to the newer version, it'll fuck up your entire game.

20 minutes ago, ifuseekandy said:

It's raining oil now or something like that? 

IMG-20180423-WA0002.jpg

Yeah, that's one thing that's throwing me off a little about the new engine. Everything looks so much darker and...oilier.

1 minute ago, NORMAL COAT said:

Because dedicated servers aren’t possible in the current engine.

The PC version has dedicated servers and uses the same version of the engine. Has since the beta, which was 5 months before the game released.

Why does Steam users have to wait until XBox  and PS4 approves their patches, This doesn't seem fair when one doesn't effect the other why not release them as they are ready for each platform ?

Just now, TooMainstream4u said:

Still nothing about Uber Jason i'm sad

Uber Jason and the Grendel aren’t coming in this update (probably, I’m pretty sure tey stated it somewhere). My best guess is with dedicated servers.

Just now, William Shatner said:

Why does Steam users have to wait until XBox  and PS4 approves their patches, This doesn't seem fair when one doesn't effect the other why not release them as they are ready for each platform ?

Because they'll bitch and moan about PC getting it first and console players will want Gun/Illfonic's heads on pikes.

• Like 1

Thought everyone would like to see the improvements to characters from the upgrade as well. AJ is angelic now! 

-W

AJ NEW V Old.jpg

• Like 12

1 minute ago, William Shatner said:

so consoles user wont be wining about not having the update at the same time

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The PC version has dedicated servers and uses the same version of the engine. Has since the beta, which was 5 months before the game released.

Key words: PC version. Don’t you think there’s a reason why it’s just that?

Console players would get their pitchforks if PC got their updates earlier, even though, due to the easier patching nature of PC gaming, it would be far healthier for all versions if they updated the PC version first and used it as a testing ground. They could even use opt-in beta builds.

The fact that it's a crowd-funded game just increases the pressure of those pitchforks.

Edit: this post was meant to be quoting William Shatner. Not sure why it didn't go through.

• Like 1

Just now, wes said:

Thought everyone would like to see the improvements to characters from the upgrade as well. AJ is angelic now! 

-W

AJ NEW V Old.jpg

That's a good lightning/shadow improvement, yes that is.

1 minute ago, wes said:

-W

AJ NEW V Old.jpg

AJ is my girl, thanks for posting that. Nice detail increase, there!

BTW, will the new engine change the specs needed to play the game in any way?

3 minutes ago, wes said:

-W

She always was.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ProfessionalBeefcake said:

Coming from someone who used to work with Unreal Engine, the piece of shit that it is, if you fuck up one thing or it's outdated compared to the newer version, it'll fuck up your entire game.

I'm assuming you mean the back-end is a piece of shit to work with, as for straight up gameplay/graphics performance for the end-user, it's pretty fucking awesome.

I don't notice any difference other than it looks darker, which I don't like.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1