ShiftySamurai

Update Status & First Look: Engine Update

27 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Cool. I don’t really see any difference in this video though. It just looks.... darker. 

25 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

This was exactly the same thing i was thinking

The engine upgrade doesn't limit to graphics... all the game mechanics are dependent of the engine. Just read the "Why is it taking so long?" part

Plus it's not just "darker"... it just has a better realistic light/shadow rendering now, witch yes makes shadows darker/deeper an reflections less shiny... on Pinehurst intro Jason was shining like a diamond before (in 1986).

So the update is basically finished and they're just spending another month polishing it? Eh.

• Like 1

This looks like a big improvement. 

5 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

So the update is basically finished and they're just spending another month polishing it? Eh.

You can quote me on this later on. watch they're putting so, much time into polishing the Update and it’s still going to be bug infested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'm hoping we get this update for the one year anniversary of this game's release on May 26, 2018. Hopefully it won't be July (Friday the) 13th, 2018!  Thanks for clarifying though so we can get those idiots that claim every week the update is coming next week to STFU! 

15 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Cool. I don’t really see any difference in this video though. It just looks.... darker. 

Same here, but it could be because I watched it on my phone in a bright area. Can’t wait to see the comparison again when I get home later.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ifuseekandy said:

It's raining oil now or something like that? 

IMG-20180423-WA0002.jpg

Yeah, this demo did not sell the update very well at all! I don't like that everything looks darker as well, it was plenty dark enough when playing as Jason! We aren't raccoons you know!

5 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

Same here, but it could be because I watched it on my phone in a bright area. Can’t wait to see the comparison again when I get home later.

Nope I watched this on my PC in a room with blackout curtains closed and it was still very dark and hard to see at times. 

• Like 4

Yeah. I’m just watching on my phone. And it just looks darker. But honestly, I don’t give a shit about graphical upgrades in this update. I just want the gameplay stuff. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

I can see a way better foliage on trees.

True, but over-all everything is way too dark compared to the current. 

it's not just darker, it as a more 'realistic' light/shadow rendering (hair should no more be magically flashing light now)... if it's too dark for you you can just put gama+ in options. Always adjust the gama the way you like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool, looks good on my TV so hopefully PS4 will look great. Just get the bugs worked out, I'm so tired of the car rubberband... And all the other stuff will be great as long as they kill the bugs!

• Like 1

Well its not good news, but its news.

I'm still mostly just here for only a couple things in this update.

I would've liked another demo of singleplayer challenges, maybe closer to the launch.

What about the dedicated servers for consoles? I thought the whole point of this engine upgrade is so you guys could FINALLY implement the damn things? Are you really telling us now that they won't be in this patch along with the engine upgrade, fantastic, so just how many more months can we expect to wait for that AFTER this patch? Can we at least get a rough estimate for when to expect the dedicated servers to ACTUALLY be IMPLEMENTED for consoles? You guys NEED to deliver upon your promises of dedicated servers ASAP after this Engine update goes thru. Also you need to make good on the promises of weekly events - a promise you've been pedaling and STILL CONTINUE to pedal on your official website, since August 2017! 

• Like 3

I get you guys wanna take your time but holy fuck im so sick of waiting, and then even when this update comes out we're still gonna have to wait MONTHS for dedicated servers. Its just frustrating as hell. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

I can see a way better foliage on trees.

Definitely. 

12 minutes ago, Shelly Finkelstein said:

The engine upgrade doesn't limit to graphics... all the game mechanics are dependent of the engine. Just read the "Why is it taking so long?" part

Plus it's not darker... it just has a better light/shadow rendering now.

hey, Shelly! lol You die a lot in game. Anyways, uh, I am excited for the updates and hope they can get it out for the one year anniversary of the game release on May 26th at least! The update does look darker to the plebeian eye and honestly when we are in the thick of things that is how it is going to seem, that it has gotten darker and therefore harder to see. Semantics about how the engine affects this or that. It just looks WAY too dark in places and it is already way too dark as it is at times. Anyways, will wait and see how it looks in game and hopefully adjust to it, but some of us don't have night vision.... so.... lol 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, scorpio said:

What about the dedicated servers for consoles? I thought the whole point of this engine upgrade is so you guys could FINALLY implement the damn things? Are you really telling us now that they won't be in this patch along with the engine upgrade, fantastic, so just how many more months can we expect to wait for that AFTER this patch? Can we at least get a rough estimate for when to expect the dedicated servers to ACTUALLY be IMPLEMENTED for consoles? You guys NEED to deliver upon your promises of dedicated servers ASAP after this Engine update goes thru. Also you need to make good on the promises of weekly events - a promise you've been pedaling and STILL CONTINUE to pedal on your official website, since August 2017! 

They said dedicated servers would come AFTER this update. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scorpio said:

half this game is empty promises 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

So by the tone of the above 'what is done' section we can assume this patch will be ready to go in a matter of weeks NOT months right, coz if it took more than say ONE month and started to take TWO months etc then that would imply that NONE of these things that are allegedly now in your words 'complete' were actually complete at all and that would mean you guys were telling porkies again, which there's absolutely no way you would do, that's completely unthinkable, so I'll just patiently wait for the end of May to roll around for the GUARANTEED release of all this content!